main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light" (drama about Palp´s niece, a mix of legend & canon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am reading this while you walk upstairs, just coming back from one of the most difficult journeys of your life. Let me Hug you for your thoughtfulness, precision & all the time you invested on an answer like that. While being on a train, trying to cope with the sad events since last Tuesday. You are wonderful. Not just with your comments.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful, Azure. Your back & forth gives me the H/L and/or the L/M feels. [face_dancing] Hugs!!

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is very sweet of you, dear Nyota. I already plugged my mobile phone into the socket in the wall to charge it. Now I need to feed my husband and try to lure him out of the house door in a while. The fitness center & it's wellness area are open until 11 pm. It is 7:42 pm now. So there is still a chance having a great offline evening.

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha works quick these days, coping well with a silly fan fic writer like me who comes with a mountain of last minute changes:

It is sweet intoxication, dangerous and wild. The thrill of speed runs through us both. I can feel the engines shiver.

We had crazy outings like this when I was a young teen. One time my uncle took me even to Malastare to see some pod racing. We had been both dressed up beyond recognition.

I stare into the night, asking myself if unfortunate Anakin Skywalker got noticed by Sheev for being part of the Boonta Eve Classic twice. As a race sport fanatic he always follows the results of that particular race.

Hold on tight,” he whispers into his mic. “We cannot have you fall off, can we?”

Obediently, I snuggle closer as we race through the street canyons of Coruscant with a continuous descent approach. Even though we are faster than we should be, traffic control does not have us on its radars. Somehow sith manage to bend traffic rules all the time. I remember the ’Scimitar’, the personal starship of Maul.

As if to turn my head on more essential matters like survival, my uncle makes a breathtaking loop.

I dig my gloved hands deeper into his leather suit, clinging on with all my might.

Soon we reach the Dacho District, which is close to the Senate District. I clearly recognize that we are flying straight into the heart of The Works, the large industrial area of Coruscant.

This is my secret hideout,“my uncle lets me know and points out a tall tower. “The LiMerge Building. Originally it was designed as a weapons manufacturing facility.”

Great,” I mumble. “I hope you do not make me meet the boys.”

The boys,” my uncle chuckles. “You make it sound like my play ground peer group.”

I wish it would be such an innocent connection.”

He steers the speeder towards one of the many docking bays, still chuckling. “Nagina, I’ve sensed that you need a little lady’s break quiet a while ago. Stop giving me a bad attitude. It does not suit you.”

I should have squirmed less in my seat. Of course he knows that my bladder is on the brink of bursting. Blossom wine can be worse than Corellian ale.

So you are behind the holding company LiMerge Power. Why doesn’t it surprise me? How much property do you actually own on Coruscant?”

He does not answer directly, just tuts.

We land in a giant hall. It has an eerie touch to it.

My uncle lets me slide off the machine first.

So this is what a secret sith base looks like.” Curiously, I look around, but I cannot spot any gloomy statues or hieroglyphs from Koriban, now called Moraband. But I notice marks that only a light sabre can be responsible for. “Let me guess, you trained Mauly here.”

What gives you the impression?”

His voice is somewhat clipped now and I could hit myself on the head for using my nickname for a certain Zabrak that I used to be fond of. “With him you were always most generous,” I explain too hastily, too eager. “He was your favourite pet. So this here looks like the perfect animal enclosure.”

Your feelings betray you. He meant a lot to you.”

I am glad that the helmet does not show my blush. “You do not know what you are talking about.”

Am I not?” He cups my helmet. “It is always a danger to introduce you to my dark acolytes. They either develop a serious crush on you or are keen on killing you. Sometimes it is both. You possess more charm than you believe. A Dathomir Night Sister holds less power than you.”

I can feel Count Dooku before I see him walking towards us.

Milady,” the haggard human greets me stiffly.

Gracefully, I curtsey in front of him, but I leave my visor down. I do not want to face him right now. Since years he regards me as some silly concubine, who wants to be entertained by his master non-stop. An inconvenience he needs to put up with.

The leather covered hands of my uncle come down on my shoulders protectively. He also does not take his helmet off. “I am not to be bothered by anything tonight.”

But, master...”

Calm down! She is of no consequence to our plans. You already got briefed and everything is ready to be set in motion.” He releases me and hustles me forwards playfully. Like an eopie nudging her young one on. “Off you are, my little star! Go straight for a while. It is the second door to the left.”

There is no ladies room. It is a unisex toilet, also fit for non-humans. It will have to do. I flee inside the cabin.

I peel off my leather suit and thrust my visor up.

Meeting Count Dooku was unexpected. But what I really dislike is that my uncle has tuned himself to my needs ever since I was a little baby in his arms.

Suddenly there is the unpleasant sound of metal clicking, followed by heavy breathing.

I start wondering if the toilet door will hold an attack by General Grievous. There are also no defence weapons I can use. This is a modern toilet that does not need toilet paper. Just those stupid shells.

Ah, it is you again!” the cyborg rattles. “The master’s little shadow.”

I know better than to answer. It would be something unbelievingly rude and I always ask my kindergarten kids not to use swear words. They are bad style.

You cannot stay in there the entire night.”

Try me! I have the bladder of a Shaak,” I mumble and start to quote nursery rhymes in my head.

You do not seem to be a human who avoids a direct confrontation.”

If there is a chance to run, I run. And if there is a possibility to hide, I simply hide. I might have suffered less abuse and mutilation than my uncle, but it marked me for life nevertheless.

I have all the time in the world,” General Grievous assures me. His metal fingers beat an unnerving drum on the tiles. This really gets to me. Grandfather Cosinga used to do something similar with the handle of his leather belt.

Anxiously, I fidget with the toilet controls and get properly dressed again. With my visor down I break out of the tiny cabin. “What now!” I exclaim, overtaxed and ashamed at the same time. “You are such an advanced cyborg and you still have to pee? What an inconvenience!”

[​IMG]

I always wondered what the master can possibly enjoy about a female like you.” He moves closer with his artificial limbs that come straight from my deepest childhood nightmares about spiders. “Now I know the answer.”

I dig my feet deep into the soles of my leather boots.

You are funny.” This is an answer I did not see coming. “You walked into that toilet with your helmet on. And you are not even Mandalorian.”

The finesse of his punchline escapes me totally, but then again: he was always a bully, doing some punching.

Very well, General, but I need to leave now! I am expected.”

Metal fingers and sensoric joints close around my right arm. “Only a word!”

By all means hurry!” I squeak, feeling the need to revisit the toilet for another matter. My insides feel upside down. “He does not like to wait as you do.”

The Master should not be with you tonight. It endangers the stage that is already set for tomorrow.”

His unhealthy coughs fill the stale air. I try not to stare at the collection of light sabres that he carries with him. All belong to Jedi knights that fell in battle with him. Consternation makes me courageous again.

Good heavens! Start coughing into a hanky, would you. This is disgusting!”

I fumble around in my tight flight suit, looking like a mad Twi'lek dancer doing impossible movements.

Surprised, General Grievous sets me free.

Here you go! Good boy!”

When I press my pocket handkerchief in one of his four mechanical hands, I realize that he has not really a mouth. And there is no nose any more. Feeling like a complete idiot, I scramble out of the room.

Breathing has become difficult and I yank my visor open. Exhausted, I hurry through a dark corridor.

Is the General your valiant knight now?” an operatic bass voice mocks me from the shadows.

Reacting purely on instinct, I shift backward. That sudden move makes me sprawl flat on my huge backside.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb further scenes showing more back-story and the connection between Nagina and her uncle and his less-nefarious pleasures. Nice tie-in to TPM and the Boonta Classic/pod racing.

DarthUncle likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You got me there with the term "nefarious". I actually had to look that one up and learned a new English word. Yeah!

7. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    The tension between knowing herself secure with him, even if not exactly letting her making her own choices, and her powerless fear for others, and the galaxy, due to his Sithly plans, remains intriguing. I do think she has gotten used to being his pet, being allowed to have a life, but not on her own terms. And yet, here he is celebrating the coming apex of his plans with her, but also having a last goodbye before effectively setting her free as he can't keep her close (under control) and protect her and himself from her.

So, complex and dangerous, somewhat misfit relationship, but also genuine appreciation, empathy and fun.

8. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    AzureAngel2 Finally got round to starting this - just up to chapter 1 so far. You have excellent craft. I love how you sprinkle contemporary things into the GFFA; hot chocolate and sneakers alongside Falleens and blue milk. It is seamless. You build a nice picture of Nagina and make her a likeable character almost instantly. Was the name's likeness to Nagini (the snake from Harry Potter) deliberate?

I'll be back!

Kuri

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you show the complexity of Palps. Even a Sith can enjoy

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: I love your brilliant analysis as usual. But she does not see herself as his pet and he thinks of her as a person of her own right. Just as her uncle AND a sith lord he has a hard time letting go.

Wow, I have a new reader, Kurisan. And even someone with a Japanese name. On the very day I met with a former half-Japanese kindergarten child of mine, his gorgeous mom, his dad and older brother. What an coincidence!

My husband & I went into town to meet all of them for brunch. I even had two presents for the boys, because I remembered that the 5th of May is a special occasion in their country. So I gave away a book about the "Who is who in heaven?" - listing up a lot of gods from several religions and cultures. And I gave away my Obi-Wan Kenobi painting to his brother.

Later on we spontaneously invited everybody into our flat and looked at our SW belongings together. The boys were so thrilled!

We also played a 1977 board game from PARKER: "Escape from the Death Star".

Thanks for your praise, but I am that writer that I am due to my sweet Dutch husband DarthUncle, got trained by my former beta SWpants for many years, had some valuable lessons from Kahara & since a couple of months WarmNyota_SweetAyesha tries to make sense out of my texts.

The name likeness is a fun coincidence. See, the Berlin Senate asks us kindergarten teachers/ pedagogues (our up-date title by the way) to do projects. Our current one is "Die Welt ist bunt" (= The world is colourful). When we were doing Africa, one of the girls in my group moaned about her birth name. I told her that it does not only come from the J.J. Abrams STAR TREK movie her dad was watching once, but originates from two African languages, where is means "Stern" (= star). She was happy with her name ever since that translation.

And after our little chat I thought: "Hum, why searching desperately for Tibetan or Hindu words that end with the letter ´È´? Why not searching for an African name?"

So Nagina came up and when I saw it, I remembered that giant snake from the Harry Potter universe, too.

earlybird-obi-wan: I have this flaw that I always try to find something good in a human being or even in a random sith lord.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  11. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Hello me again. I read chapter 2 (and the second part of chapter 1) - was a bit confused at first why everyone was angry with her, but got it quickly enough: The transport waited for her and made everyone late lol, sounds like something that would happen in Japan.

Chapter 2 had my eyes popping: Mara Jade and Prince Xisor!?!? The scope of this story just spread out like an aiwha's wings...

I like again how the easy familiarity with being a kindergarten school teacher flows into the narrative. It shows when someone writes about stuff they know.

I'll be back. :cool:

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Here in Berlin the transport never waits Kurisan. This is why I wanted to put it in my story.

As for your astonishment about known SW characters, canon and legend alike, still keep popping up like mushrooms.

This is the first story ever, where I put something very personal into it: my daily work. [face_blush]

See, you around. I hopefully can update every weekend! If I do not suffer another writer´s block or more serious self-doubts about my fan-related hobbies.

13. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    AzureAngel2 Hi me again. Read chapters 3 and, err, 4? Up to when Palpy visits and she is hoping he doesn't notice Mara. I am starting to see your purposes as stated in the opening post - about giving a human side to Palpatine's dark heart. I think it is working for you very well. Even the most terrible dictators of history had family members or others they did care about.

Very interesting food for thought here. Thanks for sharing.

Kuri

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, Kurisan. This is exactly what I wanted to show. Somehow I feel better when even the darkest villain has a soft touch hidden within. Must be the enthusiastic Vader fan girl in me.

Chapter 4 is when Uncle Sheev visits Nagina at home & they have a ride to the LiMerge Building.

Now Chapter 5 starts with Dooku leering.

Chapter 5:

Straightening away from the wall where he had been leaning, Count Dooku comes towards me. He grins as wide as a Nexu being on a prowl. “You know in some cultures it even counts as a wedding proposal, when you give a man your handkerchief.”

I gaze up to him with a face contorted with pain. My elbows throb from the violent encounter with the concrete floor. “I have no wish to remarry. Once a widow, always a widow.”

[​IMG]

“A pity.” Directly in front of me he sinks down into an elegant crouch. “You should reconsider. The old man will not always be in need of your services.”

My brows lift. “Neither is he old, nor is he at the brink of death. Unless you apply the Chwayatyun here.”

“The Rule of Two,” he echoes smoothly in Basic. “Milady is familiar with it?”

“When your power eclipses mine I will become expendable. This is the Rule of Two: one Master and one apprentice. When you are ready to claim the mantle of Dark Lord as your own, you must do so by eliminating me.”

He rewards my quote from Darth Bane to Darth Zannah with a joyful smile. “I underestimated you.”

Before I can hinder him, he grasps one of my arms and lifts my right hand to his mouth. A quick, hard kiss is pressed to it.

“There is only so much crazy I can handle!” I exclaim. An audacious thought crosses my mind. I hesitate a moment, then go for it. “Is this because of her? The Vicomtesse Elodore of Valahari?”

His face falls. “He told you?”

“Nope. You did yourself just now.” I manage to slide away from him. “I follow the daily news ticker closely and therefore figured out that the recent death of Tofen Vane would look bad on you.”

He exhales harshly before saying with quiet authority. “Skywalker killed him!”

“Convenient to be able to put the blame on others!” My mouth twists wryly while I lift myself up laboriously. “My kindergarten kids do that all the time, too. Grow up!”

I leave him standing, shooting me an incredulous look.

My uncle waits for me, leaning casually against the speeder. As I reach him, he states. “You forgot to turn off your mic.”

I cross my arms in front of my chest, trying to cling on to my pride.

“Do not stone-wall me, Nagina! But frankly, you manage to get my servants upset all the time. This is one of the reasons why I like your presence.”

Tears gather in my eyes and I take a deep breath. “Now you will explain to me that the word ’victim’ is written all over me.”

“Victim? This is how you see yourself?” He shakes his head and pulls the visor up. His eyes shine overly blue in the dark hangar. “You are a survivor. There is a hard core made out of dura steal. You can be as strict as you can be sweet and kind. This is why your kindergarten wards love you so much, why their parents respect you.”

“That may be, but you are like a dejarik grandmaster moving pieces on a board.” I take a step closer and he stands his ground. “Let me guess, there will be a pawn sacrifice, possibly two.”

He winks at me. “I am so glad that we are on our own now. Your conclusions cannot be heard by my minions any longer.”

“Why would I warn two villains off?” I try to sound offended.

“There is this thing about kindergarten teachers. They are not to be fooled easily by outer appearances or lame tricks. Their focus is sharp. And they are such believers. Mistress Opé was the same as you. She even guarded her annoyance with me well.”

Until he was in his late twenties my uncle never met anybody’s expectations. Not even the ones of his dark master, Darth Plagueis. The frightening Muun always pushed him to new extreme levels with his sith training. I was the only person he was able to make happy to a certain extent.

“I should have taught you to keep your mental shields up better,” he sighs. “Dangerous times are to come. Outright thinking will be a punishable crime.”

“You should warn this Republic and not me,” I groan.

My uncle steers his speeder towards the lights of the city again. “You get tired and cranky,” he tries to persuade himself. “Let us both have a Ardees and a Sic-Six layer cake.”

He obviously wants to risk it all for his beloved Jawa juice and my dessert. “Are you not afraid to run into Kenobi or your protégée Skywalker? They are regulars there.”

He snorts. “I am at a place where I do not fear any longer.”

Perhaps he has overcome fear a long time ago, but so much power makes one lonely. I also believe that he has not slept decently in years. But if it is the raw power running through his veins or old childhood demons I cannot tell. It is certainly not his bad conscience.

His right hand leaves the handle, looking for my left one. “If I am to sleep at night, you have to stop thinking. I know it is difficult, been there myself. But if you master some control here, you can achieve silence inside your head.”

Sometimes silence is a blessing, but most times it is a sign of ignorance. Of stagnation.

(To be continued!)

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  15. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Quite interesting how this chapter is comedic, and almost bordering on slapstick, but you manage to stay away from that, and not make your protagonist(s?) look foolish. Grievous does deserve being made fun of, from what I read here (best defence against a bully? Laugh at them and get away?). ... Is that Darth Tyrannus at the end? I guess an old man also might need the toilet more often than the average person; I guess if he uses them, at least that means at they are clean.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you describe all the minions of Sids

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle, I am glad that you love your wife despite her latest fanfic bordering on slapstick and featuring a lot of toilets. But as you said yourself: "In SF stories you seldom see people doing daily stuff like toilet visits. It is almost always something heroic." I am glad that this story here still wins your interest and that WarmNyota_SweetAyesha also gives me her beta support. [face_love]

earlybird-obi-wan, you want more? Dan moet dat maar! ;):p Ook van harte bedankt dat jij er nog bij bent. Soms vrees ik iedereen hier met mijn verhalen kwijt te raken. It seems these days that only the former Dutch Fan Force of the JC cares for my story. Perhaps 6 years in your country with a lot BBC comedy classics like "´Alo, ´alo" and "Blackadder" had a strong influence on my German humour. Wie weet maar!

18. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    “I underestimated you.” I think that probably goes for a lot of people. I can't help but wonder, if her uncle had done the same, would she have been able to stop his plans? I bet he has been careful when to reveal bits of his plan to her, and also in keeping her out of harms way - her own, and that of his plans. Still, it is gratifying to share your evil/greatness with a listening ear, have an audience; and they also seem to care for eachother, though it might be in a bit of a Stockholm syndrome sort of way, for both of them, or perhaps survivors guilt?
    Who is mistress Opé, their kindergarten teacher/governess?

Also, you almost make me care about Dooku's ventures during Clone Wars (where I find him usually a bit over the top and annoying, with that cartoony beard). I could think it wasn't smart to draw his attention, but then again, he already knew about Nagina, and she has Sheev to protect her. Besides, as she noticed, his days are numbered anyway (wait, did she bully a man she knows is doomed? [face_thinking] )

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent insights and oh my nagina told Dooku didn't she? :cool: She has the boldness of a Correllian ;) [face_love] I do love that trait of tell it to me straight. LOL

She has the keen discerning eye of a person with strong people-sense. Not easily fooled. @};-

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love how she handles Dooku

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  21. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    'Ello me again. Read two more bits - Palpy playing games, Mas comes in and interrupts and Sly gets rebuked for trying to figure out Samye.

Very interesting stuff. I like how Mara takes to him instantly. Children do that.

I have a burning question now. I expect it will be answered soon enough, so treat it as rhetorical: Samye seems like a thoroughly good person, but she knows of Palpy's true nature - that he's a Sith, about Maul, about Sly. Why is she not informing the Jedi about him? Or, more precisely, why is she not being torn up inside from this conflict? [face_thinking]

I'm looking forward to finding out!

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, at present Nagina gets a lot to thrive from by my new obsession with Percy Jackson. Which Cem_Fel is to blame for! Whom I love dearly as a brilliant RL friend!

And a side revelation by me: Barin, Nagina´s husband, was Correllian.

Thanks, earlybird-obi-wan. I always wanted to tell this SW character something. Nagina did for me.

Who told you, Kurisan, that she had not tried to warn people and got the same reaction that Cassandra did when she announced the upcoming fall of Troy? And why do you not think that she is torn up between her love towards her uncle and her sense of what is right for the galaxy?

Let me share with you what my husband wrote earlier on, when reading the latest update:

My dear husband DarthUncle, I am sorry that you came back home to a household that is infested by streptococcal pneumonia once more. (It seems to come back to me like a boomerang. Sorry for being married to a kindergarten teacher who comes back with the strangest infections non-stop.)

a) Big revelations: Sheev (by the way I can live with this new canon name by now) waits until the last moment to share his plans with his niece, partly anyway. Strange as it seems, a part of him wants her to stop him. It is the gambler in him who likes pod races. Nagina is somewhat his favourite pod, even though he might lose it all if she wins against all odds.

b) Stockholm syndrome: Children who suffered abuse together are either loners or form a strong bond. The bond between Sheev (even though I know you hate this name) & Nagina is strong, but not as strong as the dark side who drifts them apart slowly.

c) Mistress Opé: She is his former kindergarten teacher and she had a sad fate. To tell you more would be spoilers for now! I will mention her later again.

d) Dooku bullied: Harsh opinion telling is no bullying to me!

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there! As I just said in my other fanfic, I have no internet in the weekend. And so I do some updating now:

@DarthUncle
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Darth_Furio
    @Lady_Misty
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Kurisan

PLEASE tell me if you do not wish to be tagged via PM immediately!!! Or if you do not wish to be on my PM list at all!!!

Dex's Diner is full with customers, even at this time of night. Coruscant is the city that never sleeps, especially CoCo Town, a dilapidated industrial area. A lot of tired and hungry workers are around us, the regulars of this home cooking-style eatery.

The owner, a bulk of a male Besalisk, gives us thoughtful looks now and then. For my uncle keeps his right hand linked with my left all the way through dinner, choosing to eat one-handed rather than release his hold on me.

“Let him think about us what he wants.” His voice, as mild as it sounds, does not leave much room for argumentation. “It does not bother me and it certainly does not bother you. It never did.”

I bite my lip. “But if anybody recognizes you...”

“People just want to see what suits them.” He grins so big that it lights up the corner booth that we sit in. “I could be a black unicorn and they would mistake me for an old gelding.”

Without warning my uncle gets up and walks up to the old-fashioned jukebox. He puts a Republic credit inside and makes his choice.

The melancholic sound of a piano fills the diner, soon joined by the voice of a male singer. I recognize the blues song as one of my uncle's favourite oldies from Radio Coruscant.

At his return the waitress, a freckled human woman, brings us our second round of drinks. I can tell that she knows exactly who my uncle is. But, as most people who work in the service industry, she is discrete. I will give her a generous tip when we are finished here.

While he sucks in his drink, I let my gaze wander around to scan the crowd better. It is an old kindergarten teacher tic. My eyes always search for behaviour or dialogues that do not fit in. “You know that there are at least two bounty hunters in here?”

“Of course, Nagina.” He seems not to be overly anxious about it. “Xixor seems to have developed an unhealthy fixation on you. They will tell him that you and I are an item. This will drive him crazy, because he thinks of himself as a very big catch.”

I blush crimson red. “You are not overly bothered about it.”

“Enjoy the fact that this lizard face thinks that you fall for elderly gentleman with an acquired taste.” He winks.

I shove my chocolate milk shake away and cross my arms in front of me. “Do you want to kill everybody who is desperate to date me?”

He pauses with his own drink. “I allowed Barin to marry you, right? Because he was very much deserving. But of late my dark influence rubs off on you. A lot of psychopaths gather around you like hungry Rathtars. I cannot possibly sanction that.”

I wrinkle my nose. “Why do you put me on display like that anyway?”

“It's this tom-cat thing again.” He looks sorry. “I cannot help but to brag about you. You are my darling niece.”

I roll my eyes at him. “You never went to those therapy sessions that I suggested to you, did you?”

He makes an extra loud noise with his plastic straw.

“Of course you have better things to do with your precious time than getting better,” I sniff.

“I cannot get any better.” He smiles, but his eyes are steely. “Some people are born psychopaths and killers. Perhaps even some of your own kindergarten wards.”

His words wound me deeply. “Don't!” I beg faintly. “It is not fair.”

“The dark side is a powerful tool only the witty can use. Rejoice instead of being so heartbroken all the time! Some of us grasp for the opportunities being offered. Especially when their lives are rotten.”

The waitress bustles back, picking up empties and replacing them with clean glasses. When she turns up at our table, I use her appearance as an excuse to take another pee.

The woman who stares at me through the looking glass is a stranger. Her eyes are wide with sorrow, her features are somewhat worn out due to fatigue.

How I possibly want to appear at work tomorrow morning I do not know. But there is no trying. Not at least in my life.

I take out a moist towelette and wipe over my face. “Pull your act together, Nagina!”

As I step backwards, one of the toilet booths opens.

A relatively small alien walks out. It looks somewhat like a Goolam, but the skin is orange instead of midnight blue. A pair of huge goggles make the eyes appear like dishes. In contrast to the simple clothing is an impressive collection of rings and bracelets.

[​IMG]

Shyly, I smile at the female.

“Are you also bar hopping tonight, my dear?” she asks cheerfully.

I shake my head. “Just saying good-bye to somebody I hold dear.”

“Me, too.” She moves closer to me. “For my Wookie friends I left my watering hole on Takodana. They are such darlings. A pity that Chewie and his pals are off to their home world soon. General Tarfful needs them back.”

Of course I have heard of the impressive warrior Chewbacca. Together with the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and two younglings, Jinx and O-Mer, he had fallen victim to one of my uncle's sinister schemes. Fortunately, it did not turn out the way it should have. “This war demands too much from all of us,” I consider.

“You are too young to be so sad,” announces the alien woman, her eyes scanning me more intently. “Who ever he is to you, let him go. He does not make you happy. Perhaps he did once, but not any more. The past is the past. Leave it behind.”

On my way back into the public room, an auxiliary closet is yanked open from the inside.

As a kindergarten teacher I am always on alert, expecting the unexpected. So instead of being scared I just raise my eye brows at the stranger. He wears a helmet that vaguely reminds me of a Tusken mask. The white, grey and red markings do not ring a bell though.

K'uur!” a male voice hisses in Mando, making the well known kindergarten hand gesture for silence. Hush!

Beaming, I step into the very confined space with detergents and old-fashioned swabs.“Su'cuy gar!” I greet my old acquaintance cheekily. So you're still alive.

“I was in prison, not dead, Nagina. That is a big difference.”

“Nice to see you!” I feel like hugging him, but he is not a ten year old boy any longer. He might not like me getting physical with him. Besides, his father Jango taught him to be a proud Mandalorian.

Mar'e,” Boba Fett sighs, struggling to take his helmet off. At last.

I stare. I cannot help it.

For his thirteen years of age he is a giant. His dark curls are gone and are replaced by a strict military hair style. This way he looks like his million clone brothers out there in the galaxy. But I recognize him by his mischievous smile.

“Listen very carefully now! I will say that only once,” he says with the strange accent of a beloved comedian of mine. “Prince Xizor is keen on getting you under his wings, whether you like it or not.”

“So those bounty hunters out there are indeed all his,” I conclude. “But that leads me to the next question. Who sent you?”

“I did, of course.” He rolls his eyes. “I am self-employed these days.”

He does not mention Aura, which is bad news. They did not part well the last time they saw each other in person.

“Listen, Boba!” I feel my uncle getting restless, reaching out for me in the Force. “A storm is coming!Leave this planet and go somewhere safe. A place where the Supreme Chancellor has no say. Hutt territory for example.”

“Kenobi and Skywalker are no problem for me!” he sneers. “Just let them come!”

“Boba! I will leave this closet now and return to my uncle. You know I have to. Please sneak back the same way you came in! I do not want you to be caught by servants of the Republic or the dark side. Thanks for your waring! You are great!”

“Re' turcye mhi!” The youngster salutes and opens the closet door again. Goodbye!

(Chapter 5 to be continued soon!)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Chyntuck and DarthUncle like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool seeing Maz and LOL Boba.... this is somewhat altered from the fun!!!!!! and inventive thingy I got in PM. [face_mischief] This works too. =D=

DarthUncle likes this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Read up to Nagina looking hawt in a racing suit.

Was that inspired by Felicity Jones' turn in TIE pilot uniform in the Rogue One trailer?

More great insights. Nagina is going plead her case to be allowed to stay, all the way to the departure lounge.

I was confused with the Naboo anecdote wherein Palpie killed two pedestrians with his speeder, because her life was in danger; Palpie's parent(?) had used a whip on her; and she was three?!

AzureAngel2 likes this.