main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light" (drama about Palp´s niece, a mix of legend & canon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    * squeezes telephone into a somewhat comfy position between her left shoulder and left ear

@MsLanna/ Etain (who by the way shut off all her notifications completely!!!) phoned about one hour ago. We just chat about mad fanfic writing habits, plot bunnies and so on. Now I hug up.

About the altered Boba and Nagina scene, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. My husband pointed out to me that he is JUST 13 years old before RotS takes place. Not 16 as I incidentally thought. (The CW series seems to be taking longer than just 3 years of narration plot.)

My clever DarthUncle also asked me to focus more on the already adult and therefore more available grown-ups. With the plea NOT to turn Nagina into some sort of needy Mary Sue character. She would still show loyalty to her dead husband Barin. Oh and talking about Barin, I always have this famous actor in mind when it comes to him: Peter Dinklage.

Sith-I-5, I hope it is okay for you to get tagged by me. Thanks for being around in this story again, too.

Nagina wears a racing suit, because

a) I used to accompany my older brother on his YAMAHA when I was in my teens & I liked it very much.

b) I always asked myself what Ian McDiarmid would look like in black leather and with a helmet on. Would he be as imposing as Darth Vader? Or look as silly as Darth Helmet?

c) Perhaps the current movie block busters gave me an overdose of super heroes very recently.

About the abusive nature of Cosinga Palpatine: some kindergarten colleagues of mine returned from a schooling recently. The subject was very heavy. You can imagine what it was. The photos they and all the other participants were shown by child protection made everybody there sick. The rest of my team just heard the sad report of the schooling. We never had to look at those photos ourselves. Let me tell you after almost 20 years is child education: There is always much going on behind the perfectly seeming façade of a family.

Here in this case, Cosinga is very bad tempered. His son Sheev had to suffer the most for daring to stubbornly standing up against him. Having read a lot of thrillers recently, such as Chris Carter or Michael Robotham, I wanted to go a different way than James Luceno in his "Darth Plagueis" novel.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Clearly I have gotten the wrong end of the stick, because, perservering with what I am getting from the scene I highlighted:

Nagina seems to be regretting a speeder crash, so I assume she was driving.
    Sheev also seems to have had a speeder crash. Nagina regrets that two pedestrians were killed in his crash, but he doesn't care because she was near death, and the way I read it, it sounded like he landed his speeder with extreme prejudice near to wherever her speeder settled, and any danger she was in, was from her RTA (road traffic accident).
    Cosinga Palpatine and his whip are rolled into the situation somehow, but I don't know why.
    Nagina was three.

Now I realise that this is Coruscant and Naboo, not Earth, but I fail to see why she feels so guilty about a speeder crash if she was three years old.

I get her young age with the Cosinga bit, but if she's three, she couldn't have been driving a speeder. So why does she feel anything about that time, let alone guilt.

3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    The way I read it Sith-I-5: Cosinga is an abuser; mostly molestation, but who knows what else he did to Nagina, Sheev, and probably others; Nagina was in the wrong place for his temper, and got badly hurt - Sheev cares for her and brought her to the hospital, as quickly as possible, and not caring who got hurt while he did so. She feels guilty for living while others were killed in that attempt to save her, as without her none of that would have happened. Abuse victims often feel guilt over associated collateral damage to others around them, despite therapy. Sheev probably sublimated his fear, shame and anger about his own abuse into becoming a Sith, but Nagina tries to begood, and so does not have that relieve of her guilt.

Replying to the latest update:

Hah, Maz, always wise words, I almost wondered if she would be saying something about eyes - maybe the yellow/reddish kind and knowing what that means :p
    I guess it's no surprise I prefer how this turned out with Boba; I hope we get some more interaction with him at a later stage, and maybe a few bits of looking back at how he was as a mischievous little kid in her kindergarten (when did that happen, where? Her life between her early youth and now is a bit of a mystery; and you occasionally lift a bit of the veil, teasing us, making us hope to learn more.

In a way it seems odd how Nagina speaks openly with people about how something bad is going to happen, until you realise that things were set in motion from before The Phantom Menace, and the Republic and galaxy are now in a state where people are confused and worried about what the future holds, but don't know what the important events are to watch out for: A tragedy, long in the making. I am glad your story contains a lot of fun too :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Boba is fun to see here.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sith-I-5: The best answer that I can give you is that of my thoughtful husband, DarthUncle.

earlybird-obi-wan: I hope the next up-date will also be fun for you and Kurisan. Perhaps Darth_Furio is also with us on this one since this is about a sith lord.

(Still Chapter 5)

My heart hammers in my chest, when I enter the kitchen area. The owner, who cooks and fries with
    gusto, is not pleased to see me in his little kingdom. But, being in the service industry, he stays polite and professional. “The toilets are in the back, dear!” the Besalisk explains.

I take another nervous step forward. My voice sounds thinner than I want it to be. “Actually, I wanted to see you, Mister Jettster.”

Was there anything wrong with the cake?” he wonders, scratching his overly large head that is full of reptile scales.

Oh, no!” I blush. “It was a dream. As usual.”

He relaxes a bit. “How may I be of help then? You seem to be very distressed. Are you unwell?”

I am glad that he noticed. My hands are awfully wet with sweat, but I try to be brave. “I have a message for General Kenobi. It is urgent! A matter of life and death.”

Having said thus, I hand over the Flimsiplast sheet that I have written on. Reluctantly, he takes it. “Why would you give something of such value to me?” he asks, completely baffled. He scratches through his beard stubbles. “I have seen you often when making day trips with your Kindergarten children.” Now he steps closer. “What could possible make a teacher like you political?”

Oh, you mean the Supreme Chancellor? With whom I hang out the entire night.”

He nods.

I can't help it,” I sigh and the first tears break lose. “He is my uncle.”

Bewildered, Mister Jettster fumbles around in his apron and finds a clean handkerchief for me. He swings his giant arm around me and tries to shush me. “I will deliver your message. You were always a good customer. I guess, that you already tried at the Jedi Temple before.”

Yes,” I sniff. “That was not a great success.”

Obi-Wan is not like the other Jedi.” The Besalisk holds me with two arms, while a third is busy wiping tears from my face and the forth gets a glass of water for me. “I will see that he gets this quickly.”

My uncle steeples his fingers when I return to our table. “It took you quite a while. You should see a urologist about it!”

I am fine,” I insist, hoping that my eyes are not puffy from crying still.

There is a new milk shake waiting for me. Sighing, I sit down.

“I can order something else,” he offers.

“No more orders!”

My plea brings a sizzling, predatory glimmer into his eyes. “You make it sound like I forced 66 milkshakes down your throat.” He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. “Just this last one, Nagina!”

“Please take me home! It is late and I am tired.”

“And afraid!” He scans me thoughtfully. “I wonder what about.”

“More revelations by you. It is reading like one of your ancient scriptures.”

He is a picture of smugness. “I told you before not to skim through my literature. It can poison your soul.”

I close my eyes and let the quote out, that has been simmering inside me the entire night.

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.
    The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.
    The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before
    .”

“This is too much an honour,” I hear him say. “You are wrong. I am not the Sith'ari. I simply do what must be done.”

My guts knot, thinking of the Jedi massacre that he hinted at to me before. “The dark side is unnatural.”

“There are sentient beings out there who would say the same about birth control.”
    The sudden change of subject makes me wary. Why would he say that?

He leans in very close. “Actually, I have a child, Nagina. A male heir. This is the last bit of information that I need to share with you tonight.”

I have a cousin. My mouth drops wide open in wonder. There is nothing intelligent I can say back to my uncle. I just breath hard, hear the blood rushing through my veins.

At present I will not tell you who he is or where. I need to test him in the ways of the dark side.”

Hold on!” My fist comes down on the table, making the glasses shatter. “You would do that to your own child?”

Do what?” he asks, his face a mask of countenance.

Undergoing all this bantha poodoo with him.”

His voice is cool and even. He reminds me of one of my college teachers on Naboo. “This poodoo how you call it, is my religion. I do not insult your faith in the moon goddess of our forefathers that much.”

Heat engulfs my entire body. “You would sacrifice your only son on the altar of the Sith religion.”

I will be the Sith religion and he will follow me.”

This is not how a father-son relationship should be!”

Excuse me!” Darkness crawls over his features. He lowers his voice to a hoarse whisper. But each word gets to me anyway. Cuts through me like a light sabre. “This is the only way any relationship works for me.”

I stare back at him, wide-eyed. His eyes are yellow and blood-shoot. This is really happening in public.

I did not have the favour of child protection like you did. The minute we arrived in the ER you got all the help you needed. Your own social worker, an army of therapists, basically all the goodies Theed had to offer.”

Tears flow over my cheeks like rivers. “Are you implying that you are jealous of me? Because you took the blame? And only made me the victim? Denying yourself the same attention and also the humiliation to be Cosinga's punch ball?”

Surprise is in his eyes who change into blue twin lakes again.

I am going home now, Sheev.” My stomach churns for a moment, then settles again. I have to play it cool and aloof. As loud as I can I say, “Do not, I repeat, do not follow me!”

With that I get up and rush out of the diner.

Somewhere in the back of the diner I hear someone cheer and clap enthusiastically.

Well done! Show him!”

A chorus of Wookies agrees.

Chyntuck and Darth_Furio like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice seeing Asajj in the mix. She is quite independent.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Fun with Asajj. Nagina's emotions are very understandable about her uncle and what his craziness does to her personal life. :p

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    DarthUncle - Sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to deal with my confusion.

azureangel - Noticed something from previously.

“You fly something like this?” I stammer.

You could try putting in an actual stammer, ie. the repeated letters. "“Y-you f-fly something like this?” I stammer."

Having Palpatine take her to that big hangar in the Industrial Sector from the movie was a treat to read. I had forgotten that place.

Great interactions with Dooku, and the way you write Nagina and her Force Sensetive uncle continue to give me ideas or resonate with my own pairing of a young woman and an F.S. parent.

I can totally see Count Dooku looking upon her as a silly concubine, and you present a nice image of these essentially tall characters looking down upon a slim leather-clad figure with their helmet on.

Oh, even Grevious is there! I could hear his voice, and can imagine him saying those words, but his assertion that she did not seem someone who avoids direct confrontation seemed at odds with everything I have seen of her so far, and what he was witnessing in the toilet.

I think I liked this update the best, or at least equal to the Palpie - Mara encounter.

Five best lines, mm lessee:

“Ah, it is you again!” the cyborg rattles. “The master´s little shadow.”

“You are funny.” This is an answer I did not see coming. “You walked into that toilet with your helmet on. And you are not even Mandalorian.”

But what I really dislike is that my uncle has tuned himself to my needs ever since I was a little baby in his arms. (Resonates with my own project)

“You cannot stay in there the entire night.”

“Try me! I have the bladder of a Shaak,” I mumble and start to quote nursery rhymes in my head.

Okay, four lines and a well-written and engaging segment:

Great stuff. =D=

Completely agree. In fact, I could have just put that.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: The Asajj we meet here in already a bounty hunter & works together with Boba. And, as mentioned, she already has some history with a certain Quinlan Vos.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for pointing that out! [face_love]

Dear Sith-I-5, thanks for your long, constructive feedback. And all the praise about the parts of my fanfic that drew your special attention and admiration. [face_dancing]

I will change the stammering part of Nagina to a real stammer!

As for the confrontation between Grievous and Nagina, he is just teasing her. And as we may know he is a dreadful teaser.

I would have liked to write something longer, but I am still tired from the annual barbecue evening of the Star Wars Dinner Berlin... I-)

10. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    A lot of fun, and a bit more lightheartedness in this update; but indeed "You will always feel the blame for everything that goes wrong in this universe.”; I have to say, I am happy Nagina has a friend in Asajj, a friend who really seems to know her well, and with who she can openly talk about everything. Everyone needs someone like that in their life (well, maybe not necessarily a former Sith, but you know what I mean :)

I wonder if intending to go to work, because she is needed there, is also a way for Nagina to set aside all the worries about the Republic, and the Galaxy, a way she can, in a more private way, contribute a little good to the lives of others in a universe torn by war. It makes a delicious contrast between the faith of the Jedi and Sith, and a seemingly mundane daily routine.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: You are not only a decent chef when it is up to meat preparation for a hot lunch. As usual you are spot on describing what I wanted to achieve with my update! [face_love]

12. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    AzureAngel2 I read chapter 3. Sorry for the delay. So, Jessica is starting to figure things out. That could be a problem. Funny that she says "Thanks for being honest about the job offer" when Nagina didn't actually admit it haha.

Then Palpy is waiting at home. Disconcerting for most, but not his "caretaker". I like how you are defining their relationship.

And then, boom! Plot twist: The travel anomaly, the job offer, nothing to do with Palpy! Didn't see that one coming. But as she recalls, she did bump into Prince Xisor... Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I'll be back. :cool:

DarthUncle likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kurisan: I am also glad to see you back. Take time reading! Today I will update the 1st bit of Chapter 6. And I try to split a chapter into 3 or 4 updates. I found out that my readers prefer that. And brilliant folk like SWpants, my former editor, also encouraged me to do that.

Spoiler alert: I will let Jessica pop up again in this chapter.

Thanks that you like the way I describe their relationship. I was afraid it would NOT work properly and readers might get a wrong idea.

About Xixor: he will return - spoiler alert - at one point.

Okay folks, up-date time:

@DarthUncle
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Darth_Furio
    @Lady_Misty
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @Darth Gangrenous
    @Sith-I-5

Please TELL ME IMMEDIATELY if you do NOT wish to be tagged for an update of this story!

Chapter 6:

The streets of Coruscant are not dark at night. They are simply less overcrowded than at day time. Instead of calling an air taxi, I choose to walk. At least for a while.

I do not care if bounty hunters are after me or Prince Xixor himself. Tonight I lost my uncle for good and right now, hurt and angry with him, I am not sure if I want him back. He complicates my life all the time.

The past twenty years I had to move places so many times because of him. Naboo, Chandrila, Alderaan, Kuat, Corellia, Hosnian Prime, Coruscant and now Lothal is to be my next stop.

Sheev is asking too much of me. My loyalty is almost used up.

A Coruscant Air Taxi shows up next to me, attuning to my movements.

When I am already prepared to flee into a small side street that is narrow enough for a human body only, the hooded driver casually leans towards me. A slender hand waves me closer. It's white and has long, black painted fingernails. “Let's talk, sister!”

Without hesitation I join Aurra Sing in the vehicle. We hug very shortly, then I let her fly on.

Wanna stay in my hiding hole tonight?” she asks, scanning me with a quick side glance. She leaves the hood on, just in case.

I will be taken to Lothal sooner or later.” I shrug. “Without me you are much safer!”

Don't be gentle as a young Shaak being brought to the slaughter-house.” A deep frown mares her brow, that is fairy visible under the hood. Her skin was always luminescent. “Take action! Run! Or fight!”

One way or another he is going to find me.”

Nagina, do not make me angry! I mean it. If it helps I am going to run us both against the next wall.”

Is this about Hondo?” I voice.

Do not drag him into it,” Aurra huffs like a Krayt Dragon. Then her features turn milder again. “Did parents ever express the wish to kill you after a parent-teacher conference? You can be pretty annoying and sassy, you know.”

One of her chalk-white hands wanders off the control stick and squeezes my left knee cap gently.

Perhaps I sleep at the place of one of my colleagues tonight. The one that is on holidays. I have her apartment key card with me.” I point towards my breasts, feeling the card with a very strong awareness in my right bra cup. “Actually, I am her plant sitter.”

Aurrais happy about my foresight, but than her mouth, looking clown like due to her tattoos, drops again. “Tell me that you are not going to work tomorrow!

I have to. One fellow teacher is at home with a sick child, another one in hospital. We are also one person down since seven months and...”

Stop it!” she hisses, cat-like. “You are worse than a Jedi Knight with all this responsibility nonsense. Try to think like a bounty hunter!”

I blow up my cheeks and make a plopping sound. “We saw how that worked for Asajj.”

That grants me a super dark gaze out of her green eyes. “Bad example.”

Zam Wesell,” I throw in.

Even worse example to distract from yourself.”

With my jaw tight, I stare ahead of me. “I am sorry that you do not like my examples. I am sorry that you do not like me going to work. I...”

Argh!” Aurra pulls the vehicle to a full stop. “Stop being sorry!”

Exhausted, we stare at one another.

She is the one who talks first though. “Poor thing! You will always feel the blame for everything that goes wrong in this universe.”

Like a mother Aurra takes my head in both of her hands. Her palms are pleasantly cool and smooth.The hands of a killer. “Sometimes bad things just happen and nobody is to blame,she says. Especially not for the bad choices of another person. Each of us decides for himself only.”

Some loud honking is behind us. An enraged Dug shakes his fist at us and insults us in Huttese. I catch nasty words as slimo” or schutta”.

Let me take this one!” Grim satisfaction swings in Aurra's voice.

I already hide my face behind my hands. “Stay gentle!”

Suuuure!” she chirps and leans out of the window.

[​IMG]

I start praying.

U kulle rah doe kankee kung. Da beesga coo palyeeya pityee bo tenya go kaka juju hoopa,” Aurra purrs. You are my kind of scum. The last fool who called me that got his antennae stuffed down his throat.

Some heartbeats later I hear the clatter of metal.

Our vehicle moves on.

You are pretty touchy for a kindergarten teacher.”

I take my hands down again. “Is he alive?”

His rust bucket is star dust, but he lies on his back, shrieking more dirty words. Pity you would not look!”

The alarm from my chrono makes me sit up straight in a fright. I am not in my own bed. But then I remember, I have the spare code card of Rowana Halycon, an esteemed kindergarten colleague of mine. She wanted me to be her plant sitter for one week.

Relieved, I sink back. All is well, I am just in the flat of an acquaintance. Not in a sith crypt with zombies. Or in the grip of my maternal grandfather Cosinga Palpatine.

There is a Flimsi next to me on the sofa pillow. I suppose it is from Aurra, but I leave it for now. Instead, I carefully put my feet on the gaudy rug and yawn. Then I mumble a kindergarten song of mine, trying to test out my voice.

“The itsy bitsy spider went up the waterspout,
    down came the rain and washed the spider out.
    Out came the sun and dried up the rain
    and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.”

When exactly I fell asleep, I do not recall. My memories of the rest of the evening are vague. There had been girl's talk with Aurra of course, but there had also been some Corellian nectar. Somehow, after the third glass, I had managed to get into the bathroom and get ready for the night.

The comlink of my chrono goes on without warning. It is Jessica Reidia, my boss. “Nagina, do not come in today! There is a curfew for all Coruscant citizens.”

Pardon me?” I try to comprehend what is happening.

Her voice is somewhat haunted. “Coruscant is under attack.”

I remain strangely calm. My uncle has led war in front of his own door step for a good reason. He always has one.

The Supreme Chancellor has been kidnapped. Obviously by this Jedi killing machine Grievous.”

My mouth drops open.

This cannot be! The Kaalesh warrior would not dare.

The voice of my boss brings me back. “... Skywalker. Kenobi is with him.”

Sorry,” I blush. “You lost me there. Can you repeat it?”

Of course.” Her nervousness ebbs into my own consciousness. “The Jedi council sent Skywalker. To gain the Supreme Chancellor back. It is all over the news. Kenobi is with him.”

I bet that General Skywalker sent himself up there. And his former Jedi master just followed him in his wake, just to make sure that his usual aggressive negotiations do not get out of hand.

See you tomorrow then.” I want to finish the call, let the refresher do its work. Perhaps then the universe will start making sense again.

It depends on the rescue of our beloved Chancellor”, Jessica says hastily. “Until then the curfew is still valid.”

I wipe my eyes with the sleeves of my night gown. “They act as if our head of state is in grave danger.”

“Of course he is.” Her astonishment is hard to ignore. “Both that war monger and that alien cyborg monster are war criminals. Their cruelty is legend.”

It is nothing against my uncle's cruelty. He is their beast master. I ask myself if they are even aware how well he plays them. We all are just the ingredients he needs for his perfect dish.

I am sure Palpatine will be fine.” I try to sound sympathetic. “His enemies have tried to get to him so many times during this dreadful civil war. He always came out of his trials, alive and well.”

Nagina.” There is true reproach now. “Just yesterday you have seen him personally. The burden of his high office, the entire bloodshed of this war – all of this gnarls on his old bones.”

I want to tell her that my uncle is not that old. That it is but the dark side feeding on his life energy. His unholy pact has turned him into a vampire of sorts, feeding on others. Their pain, their tears. Even their inner light.

Jessica makes a sound that startles me. It is a heartbreaking sob. “I almost forgot, Mara's mother got killed last night. Child services just called me about it.”

Mara an orphan. This looks like my uncle's handwriting. He surely wasted no time to ensure her everlasting company. I feel like slapping myself in the face very, very hard.

“Nagina?” My boss asks through my fury. “Are you okay?”

“I am not well,” I mumble somewhat mechanically. “I will get back to you later.”

With that I hang up on her, scramble out of the living-room. I waste no time with the fresher or to get dressed properly. Just in my night gown I storm into the entrance hall, grab my boots.

Suddenly, my eyes are drawn to the familiar shape. My uncle's coat? This cannot be.

I press a hand to my wild beating heart, return to the bed chamber.

My fingers are awfully sweaty when I pick up the flimsi.

I am not crossed with you. Do what you think is right, my little sun! Good luck! Love, Sheev XXX

No matter where I run, he will always find me. Even inside the apartment of a colleague that he does not know personally. Suddenly, I am afraid that he has bumped into poor Asajj and gotten hold of her as well. They sure have history.

I stumble into the entrance hall again, grab the cloak and let it surround me. In an instant the expensive fabric snuggles against my body, hides it like a dark waterfall.

As I touch the ancient brooch, a sith artefact, my fingers start burning. The pain is over in a few heartbeats. As a bastard daughter of House Palpatine I get accepted. My inner fury certainly helps out here.

I swing the large hood over my head. This should summon the twilight. I do not dare to call on my beloved moon goddess. By wearing this dammed coat, I have rendered myself unworthy of her guidance. Her mercy even.

In a haze, I put on my boots. Then I leave the flat, the building.

The streets are strangely empty, post-apocalyptic almost. I expect to bump into Korriban zombies at any given time.

For the first time in Coruscant history there is no public transport. The entire air space is closed down until further notice.

As I gaze into the sky, there is a giant space battle taking place. Somewhere out in this chaos, my uncle, no victim at all, still pulls the strings.

I take the slow descent into the lower city levels, which are as alive as usual. Down here nobody cares for the sun light or the war that set the galaxy burning. They do not mind the curfew. Their only concern is their own existence.

Pedestrians, aliens and humans alike, look right through me. I am but a passing shadow to them. Those Force-sensitive beings that feel me, just experience me as a shiver, as I walk by.

I also will not be on security cameras. Wearing my uncle's coat has turned me into some kind of ghost, a phantom menace.

Full of purpose, I walk through Coruscant's underworld. I, the gate keeper of House Palpatine, due to some strange twist of fate.

Finally, I sense the Jedi temple somewhere close to me

(Chapter 6 to be continued!)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Chyntuck and DarthUncle like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shocking news from Jessica and Nagina's purposefulness - excellently shown.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Nagina knows how little the chances are to make somebody believe her, but she will have a last go at unravelling her uncle´s true identity.

Here is a very good youtube link about this particular subject that made me very happy how right I am. I actually found it today straight AFTER my update:

It proves to me that my story is right. Most people in the galaxy would not even know what a sith lord is and such an accusation would have been pointless. The trick that Nagina has to pull is: making the right people believe her before it is too late!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm Nagina is safe for the moment. But when Palps returns saved by Skywalker and Kenobi[face_nail_biting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    I don't really fear for her safety, but I do fear a bit for her soul and mind, she'll be trying to get to the Jedi, to warn them, but we know it won't work (as shown in Revenge of the Sith not being stopped); how heartbroken will she when the plans have gone through, and she has time to reflect on that, on the effect of order 66 (she's force sensitive, she will feel it!), and on the death of Mara's parents too.

The cloak at least seems to indicate Sheev has no current plans for her, but maybe that is just 'now' while she's bottled up on the planet and he's waiting to be rescued by Skywalker. Earlier he sounded like he wanted to put here away somewhere alive, safe from harm, and from interfering with him any more.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Mara´s mom is a single working mom. We do not know about her father and I have not made up my mind on that one, but, DarthUncle, we live in Germany´s main capital where single working moms add a high percentage to the citizens. They said so on the radio recently and I know from colleagues at other kindergartens that those numbers are true.

About Sheev, no he has not made up his mind yet. For the first time in his life he is not able to make a clear decision. Nagina means too much for him.

Let us put it with the words of Bono, famous U2 front man:

And yes, I need to go to bed soon to be ready for work tomorrow morning. Writing is a bad addiction! Worse than chocolate. So many words to get rid off! But fanfic is better than what´s app handy novels, right?

DarthUncle likes this.
  19. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi! Me again. Read chapter 4 (both parts). I really liked the "I am not afraid" - "You should be" repeat of the Yoda/Luke dialogue. Seems like Palpy has some plans for Nagina that she is not exactly on board with. Oh dear, conflict is to come![face_nail_biting]I never knew he was such a good cook, but somehow it fits nicely. Like Hannibal Lecter now I think about it. Hmmm. Yes, that seems a good character comparison. Did you intend that?

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, Kurisan, I intended the character comparison between Palps and Hannibal Lector, hoping to get Tyranus230, on board with that particular update. But living in Australia now & being freshly married keeps him too busy to read fan fiction.

DarthUncle likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, I update tonight for I will have a busy weekend once more:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    earlybird-obi-wan
    DarthUncle
    Lady_Misty
    Darth_Furio
    Sith-I-5
    Kurisan

Please tell me via PM if you do NOT wish to be on the update list for this fic! Also when you hate being tagged by me!

(Still Chapter 6)

There is just one temple guard, which shows how careless and arrogant the Jedi order has become. I free myself from the hood, blink into the sun light. The sith brooch feels heavy so close to my throat.

The masked Jedi knight spots me immediately and approaches me. “There is a curfew,” he informs me crisply. “You should not be out on the streets, woman. Go home immediately!”

You will let me inside, now!” I say sternly, putting as much conviction into my voice as possible.

He starts laughing, which almost startles me off my own feet. Then he takes his helmet off. I stare into an alien face, pale as death itself. The head is hairless. “The master knew you would try to come here.”

I take a step backwards, not able to look away from the yellowish sith eyes. My lips are glued together.

I have a favourite quote. Let me share it with you: It matters not how fast light may travel, darkness shall always be there awaiting its arrival.

I am sure he waited for me as happily like a young sarlacc for its first snack ever.

There are ancient prophecies and I am a believer,” he continues with a solemn face. “The entire temple guard will follow him.”

A desperate screech comes from the back of my throat.

Go home before it's too late. This will be a house of the dead soon. I do not wish your precious blood on my hands.”

I gather all my strength and push the gates of my mind open.

He falls on his back and I start running.

Suddenly, I am five years old again and run from Cosinga, my maternal grandfather. The Jedi Temple has more stairs than Convergence, but I am a good short-distance runner.

There is a difference between a leather whip and a bolt of energy though. But the coat protects me and for the first time in my life I do not care which side of the Force is with me.

Zigzag I take step by step.

The ceasefire stops. “You are the prophet nobody will listen to!” my foe calls out to me. “The Republic is like an old giant tree, able to withstand attack from the outside but rotten from the inside. The master will lead all sentient beings into an age of glory.”

I swing around. “You are mad when you embrace such change. It is bought with innocent blood.”

Survival of the fittest is the way of the dark side of the Force. This is the natural order, little kindergarten teacher.” He glowers up to me, his pale face alight with fanaticism. “You give false hope to your younglings.”

There is always a new hope”, I shout. “As long as the universe keeps breeding stars, there will be light and a chance for life.”

In opposition to my own words, I plunge into the darkness that the coat offers me. I do not look back. It would achieve nothing.

Soon I have reached the top stair of the Jedi temple.

Nobody guards the entrance.

I vanish inside.

Inside it feels like a giant mausoleum already. Like a massa grave that awaits its due corpses. I am appalled as much as I am sad.

Apart from young Jedi knights, barely grown into adulthood, and some younglings nobody else is around. Everybody else seems to be at the front lines.

Then I spot a familiar face, a true authority within the Jedi Order. “Master Windu!” I call out, as he hurries by. “A word if you please.”

The dark coloured human stops and frowns, not able to spot me.

I take off my hood. “There is a great threat to the Republic and to the Jedi Order.”

Milady, it is you again!” he booms with his deep voice. I can tell that he remembers our last meeting on the temple steps as much as I do. “The chancellorhas been taken hostage a couple of hours ago. The worst case scenario already has happened.”

But the worst is yet to come,” I insist. “The Sith will take down the Jedi Order.”

From a corner of my left eye I see a familiar shape appear. It is the temple guard. He walks as if he has all the time in the world. In his steps swing the certainty of a winner.

Mace Windu looks at me like a Jedi healer who is dealing with a notorious lunatic. “There is no Sith order. I told you before. Their lot got destroyed many centuries ago. All the recent dark siders we encountered acted all by themselves. Lost individuals, nothing more.”

I wring my hands. “They are all but puppets, send by their powerful Sith master who does not really care for the Rule of the Two. He plays Dejarik too well to go for a simple strategy.”

His eyes are fixed on my brooch that gleams in the twilight of the hallway.

Master Windu,” I beseech him, trying to distract him from that cursed object. “Our republic is run by a Sith lord. He must be stopped before it is too late.”

It takes some heartbeats before my words hit his consciousness like bomb shells. Then he gives me a forlorn look. “Guard, please bring this poor soul to a healer.”

My shoulders slump. “You just doomed the entire Jedi order.”

He takes a step forward and clutches my shaking hands. “Please get better soon! This war takes a toll on us all, twists our minds in dreadful ways.”

Sheev Aurelius Cosinga Palpatine is a Sith lord more dangerous than Darth Bane and Darth Revan combined,” I scream, my voice echoing through the Jedi temple. “Please listen to me!”

For an instant Master Windu stops walking, then he shakes his head and walks off unconvinced.

I feel a kind hand on my shoulder. It is the temple guard.

The shroud of the dark side has fallen. It drowns out the truth, hides the obvious. Can I walk you out, Nagina Cassandra Mandré Palpatine?”

My mother's family name is Dorje. Not Palpatine!” I shake him off. “And do not ever dare to touch me again!”

Chyntuck and DarthUncle like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    My goodness, that was frustrating for Nagina. And they'll feel so guilty when they all realize she was telling the truth.

DarthUncle likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    At present she feels guilty that nobody pays any heed to her, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. Believe me, she does. But I had to let her try.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    "It matters not how fast light may travel, darkness shall always be there awaiting its arrival.

I may steal that line. :p

25. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    I guess Master Windu will feel guilt when Anakin tells him the same information, maybe that's why he so readily believed it and acted - first too slow, ignoring it, then too hasty and unprepared to deal with a Sith lord. But then he will feel despair and experience death.

Great read, thrilling, sad and marvelous.