main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Raging Storms Short story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthEwan, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthEwan

DarthEwan Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Title: Raging Storms
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars characters that are portrayed in this story are the property of George Lucas, not me. I will try not to forget to return them when I am finished with them. ;)
    Author: Darth Ewan
    Timeframe: During the Clone Wars
    Rating: PG (I think)
    Summary: A Padawan faces losing his Master and best friend.
    Notes: This is my first attempt at posting fan fiction. Please let me know what you think, especially about the ending, I don't think it turned out very good.

Raging Storms

The skies out side were steadily darkening; they threatened to unleash their fury on anyone foolish enough to stand in its way. It felt like the same type of fury that my Master and I tried to stand up against over five hours ago. Had it really only been mere hours? It seemed like days had passed since I first sat here at my Master?s side. The healers had rushed him to surgery where they tried to repair the damage as best they could for two hours. After that, they kept him in a bacta tank for another 2 hours, and then they brought him here. I haven?t left his side since and I don?t intend to leave until he wakes up again.

The man could yell at me for not being quick enough or even denounce me as his Padawan; I don?t care as long as he opens his eyes. I remember a few days after I first became his Padawan; I overheard a few female Knights and senior Padawans talking about him. They said he had such amazing eyes, eyes that seemed to change colors like the weather on Moadandine. I remember going home and watching his eyes the entire day. They were right his eyes seemed to change. Sometimes they looked blue, almost like mine, other times they were green, and on a few occasions, I have witnessed a gray color. I have never been able to determine whether his eyes changed do to his emotions or simply because of reflecting other colors like the green grass of The Room of a Thousand Fountains. The mystery had lost its importance to me over the years, but the man never will.

The man?s skin, as he lied motionless on the sleep couch, was so very pale that if not for the steady rise and fall of his chest I would fear I?ve already lost him. He has become so much more to me than just a Master. He is the brother I never had, but always wanted. He is the friend that is always there when I need him. He is the words of wisdom that hold my temper in check when the wars threaten to claim my sanity. And I so desperately need to see those changeable eyes open and hear his accented words of wisdom and assurance. Even his dry humor that he has a knack for using in the strangest of situations would be music to my ears right now.

?Master, wake up,? I plead as rain begins to pelt the window. Drops of rain slide down the smooth transparent surface in an imitation of the tears that run down my cheeks. ?I?m sorry Master. I tried to reach you in time, I did. Please don?t leave me.? I can hear the desperation in my voice, but I don?t care.

The healers said he?s in a coma and may never wake up, however, I just can?t accept that. I?ve already lost my mother; I can?t lose my brother too. A loud rumble tells me that the fury is beginning to take hold avidly as flashes of light brighten the darkened afternoon. A child somewhere down the hall cries, I can sense her fear of the storm, but I cannot bring my self to go to her and console her in her time of need, when I too am in need of consolation. The raging storm and fearful young girl are of no concern when my own fears are gripping my heart with an iron grasps that threatens to squeeze the life out of me as my brother sleeps. He sleeps without concern for the fury outside the windows. And it is my fault.

I wasn?t there to save my mother from the Sand People, and I wasn?t fast enough to save him from the explosion that has already claimed the lives of five clones. The healers were surprised that he had made it this far, but he is a fighter, he always has been. I have tried to tell my self that he will be fine that I will see his changeable

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice work! [:D] and welcome to the boards! Long may you write! :D

3. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Cool fic. Keep writing!

4. DarthEwan

DarthEwan Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I got my first two reviews! =D= :)
    Thanks VaderLVR64 and Brant_Flir i'm glad that you both liked my story. and even more glad that you think i should continue writing. you both get a hug. [:D]

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was excellent! You expressed Anakin's fears for his Master so eloquently.

The mystery had lost its importance to me over the years, but the man never will.

I especially liked this line.

Again, great job, and welcome to the boards. :D

6. DarthEwan

DarthEwan Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Gina: Thank you. I'm glad that you liked it. :)
    you made me smile after a tiring day at work, you get a hug too. [:D]

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    The man could yell at me for not being quick enough or even denounce me as his Padawan; I don?t care as long as he opens his eyes.

A child somewhere down the hall cries, I can sense her fear of the storm, but I cannot bring my self to go to her and console her in her time of need, when I too am in need of consolation.

I really like how you captured Anakin's emotion and almost desperation to not lose Obi-Wan.

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    They said he had such amazing eyes, eyes that seemed to change colors like the weather on Moadandine. I remember going home and watching his eyes the entire day. They were right his eyes seemed to change. Sometimes they looked blue, almost like mine, other times they were green, and on a few occasions, I have witnessed a gray color. I have never been able to determine whether his eyes changed do to his emotions or simply because of reflecting other colors like the green grass of The Room of a Thousand Fountains. The mystery had lost its importance to me over the years, but the man never will.

Very nicely written! :)

Well done! =D=

9. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Well done! =D= Welcome to the boards. If this is what you can do on your first piece, I think we can expect to see great things from you. :)

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bravo! I love it, can I claim it? (Just kidding).

11. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Very well done! A wonderful piece. =D= =D=

12. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    aww so sweet..yay obi wan will be just fine [:D]

13. YoungJediKnight777

YoungJediKnight777 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Great Story!! Please write more!!

14. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    [face_love] He is alive!!! [face_love]. you gave me quite a scare first!!!

please continue this, is great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.