main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Raging Waters- response to a Drabbo Challenge! Anakin vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Raging Waters
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: Deliberately vague, as I think everyone would have their own idea of when this might take place.
    Characters: Allison Dubois, Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: Allison Dubois, psychic, finds herself in the midst of yet another disturbing and prophetic dream. Crossover between SW and Medium.
    Notes: Written for one of Drabbo?s Challenges

This was the challenge:

Rule 1: The main characters should be the characters from the other film or TV series or whatever. They should remain as they were and should not be parodies, hybrids with existing SW characters, or alien versions. For example, Ross and Monica and their four human friends should still be Ross and Monica and their four human friends.

Rule 2: The setting should be completely replaced with the GFFA. For example, instead of New York, you could have Ross and Monica and their four human friends all live in a rent-controlled building on Coruscant. Actually, Coruscant works well as a replacement for just about any major Earth city. Perhaps Ponch and John ride for the Coruscant Skyway Patrol. Or maybe Sherlock Holmes, Coruscant's greatest consulting detective, lives in Suite 221 of Building B of the Baker Centre on Coruscant.

Rule 3: There should not be any indication these characters aren't from the GFFA. Ross and Monica and their four human friends were born in the GFFA, grew up in the GFFA, and came together as a group for the first time in that building on Coruscant.

Rule 4: Yes, established SW characters may appear, but they shouldn't dominate the story or contradict the dynamic of the other characters. For example, if you're crossing with The West Wing, then Josiah Bartlett should be Chancellor, not Palpatine.

Raging Waters

Allison stirred restlessly on her pillow. A part of her knew it was only a dream. It was just a dream that could not touch or harm her. Her heart, however, sped up no matter what her mind told her. She turned, and in her sleep, she reached out for him. Her hand curled around Joe?s arm and her muscles relaxed. Her flesh recognized safety. Her anchor, her love ? sleeping beside her and keeping her securely moored in their tiny harbor.

She let her consciousness flow into the dream then, the terrible feeling of vulnerability fading away.

There was a river. A river? A river of?

Interesting. She was surrounded by a river of beings. Humans and aliens flowed around her, the low buzz of their conversation resembling the sound of water as it gurgled over rocks. Coruscant did not have such things, at least none that she had ever seen. Why did she still think of a river?

Giving a mental shrug, she concentrated instead on her dream. The answers might be there, hidden for the moment, coming to light only when she let them flow toward her and did not grasp for them.

There was a boy.

A young boy was standing there in the middle of the flowing mass of sentient beings. It was easy to focus on him, for he seemed illuminated against the darker backdrop of those around him. He shone.

The source of the light seemed to be both external and internal. She felt drawn to him. She must get near him. Pushing her way through the crowd she came to the little boy. She knelt down so that they were on the same level.

?Hello,? she said gently.

Worried blue eyes turned her way. ?I?m lost.? Tears lurked just beneath his words.

Allison reached out and took his hand. It was dirty, as to be expected from a child his age, but also heavily callused. She ran a finger over the hard ridges of flesh. ?Maybe I can help you find your way home.?

He seemed content to let his hand rest in hers. ?No, I don?t think you can.?

She brushed back the dark blond hair that had fallen into his eyes. ?I?ve helped a lot of children find their way home, sweetie,? she assured him.

The small hand in hers seemed to grow cooler. ?No,? he said firmly, but without rancor. ?You can?t help me. Only I can find my way.?

She

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Still an amazing fic. Fact is I watched Medium for the first time last night. Strange that you posted this now.. were you reading my mind??? ;) :p

3. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm addicted to Medium! :D

Thank you for reading, Feeler_Leona!

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wow, great crossover! You had my heart aching just a few paragraphs in when I realized who she was talking to! [face_worried] Very eerie - and his last words to Allison just about knocked me over.

I'm so glad I popped in here; I would have hated to have missed this. [:D]

5. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Wow! I love Medium, too! And that's probably one of the most logical crossovers I've ever seen. Well done!

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Chilling, Vader!

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    VA_Parky Thanks! It was a lot of fun to write, since I love Medium so much! :D

BrightFeather Thank you! [face_blush]

Jaira Glad you liked it! :)

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! :eek: :eek: This was amazing, K!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.