main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hi there! I'm PrincessDaisy2 and I've been posting this story on Han Solo and the Princess for about a month. If you haven't already heard, the boards recently died, so I will be posting here now. This story was posted through about chapter 17, so I will try to post those chapters quickly before moving onto new chapters. There are a few parts that I wasn't sure were appropriate, so I changed the story a little bit and cut out a chapter just to be safe.

The story takes place about 3 months after the end of ROTJ (Han and Leia are married), and as it begins Han and Leia are going on a vacation to Corellia. This story completely disregards the EU. There may be a few planet names or places that are the same, but all plot-lines and characters created in the EU won't be in my story. Sorry if that's a problem for anyone.

The first few chapters are extremely mushy, and the whole story is basically mushy, but there is a mixture of humor, craziness, and some sad parts thrown in as well. You won't find too much angst in here. Don't take this story too seriously, because you will want to injure me at some points if you do. I just do this story for fun, and it is not meant in any way to be considered "great writing."

Posting schedule: on HS and the Princess I posted every other day, so I'll try to keep up that pace if people are interested. My sister is having a baby in a few days, however, so my post-schedule may be a little bit off this week.

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of George Lucas' universe.

Rags to Riches

Chapter 1

Leia Organa Solo clutched her husband?s arm as they strolled down the pristine cobblestone streets of New Alderaan. The backdrop of snow-peaked purple mountains and yellow dasabi flowers was beautiful, especially today with the cloudless, vibrantly blue sky. They had recently moved here, the location that the Alliance had chosen for the new planetary government. New Alderaan had been a virtually unpopulated planet, much like Hoth and Yavin Four, and the new Republic had decided to reincarnate the Alderaanian civilization there. New Alderaan (under a different name) had served as a rebel base for a time during the war, and it only made sense to establish the new government away from ?tainted? Imperial soil; New Alderaan served as a symbol both for new beginnings and as a reminder of the evil of the Empire.

Leia was a senator in the new Alliance senate, and enjoyed her job immensely. Her dashingly handsome husband kept her from working too hard, and kept her grounded. They had been married shortly after the Alliance victory at Endor, and their love for each other strengthened them both, which in turn strengthened the new government. They served as a living symbol of what the Alliance had been fighting for ? two people from completely different backgrounds were able to look past titles and backgrounds and see each other for who they really were. Part of what the Alliance had been fighting for was the recognition that it does not matter what someone looks like or has done in the past, it only matters what is inside.

Leia glanced over at her husband and saw that he had been watching her. He watched her a lot now, especially since they had been married. She sometimes wondered if he were checking for a sign that he was dreaming, that he would wake up some day to discover that this wonderful life they shared had just been in his mind. She felt that way sometimes too, especially since Han had been frozen in carbonite. Each morning when they woke up in each other?s arms they would sigh with relief, knowing that they would have at least one more day together.

Han cleared his throat, and Leia turned so that she was looking into his eyes. His eyes were so intense; pools of hazel that incessantly saw through her oftentimes-tough exterior and into her very soul. His eyes were his best feature, she thought. They were what had kept her going through those painful months of waiting following Bespin; in the carbonite chamber his eyes ha

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I'm glad you're posting this story here! It would be not good for us readers never to know how it ended! Thanks!

3. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    upping this so other H/L fans read it!

4. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Hey!

This is great! I have no idea where the HSP boards are and feel so lucky that writers are posting here as well!

Great dialouge between Han and Leia!

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with Sologirl, we've never been this lucky to have so many Han/Leia fics going at one time. I like it! :)

Oh, and PrincessDaisy, very nice start to the story. Hope you continue soon! :D

6. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    So glad you posted this here!!

7. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    That was great, I hope to see more of your writing in the future.;)

8. Mediator

Mar 8, 2004
    Wait let me try that code again. :)

9. Mediator

Mar 8, 2004
    There we go! ;)

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Glad to see another story has made it over here from "Han Solo and the Princess". Will definitely continue to read this one.

11. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Whoa, I almost passed out when I saw how many replies I had. Thanks guys! I'll post the next 3 chapters tomorrow.

GreatOne - Thanks, as always (especially for the up...my story was falling fast there for a while). And you'll know how it ends as soon as I do. ;)

Sologirl - Thanks! There's plenty more dialogue where that came from. I love your story, by the way. I'll get around to replying to it at some point. *grumbles to self about laziness in replying to stories*

HanSolo29 - Thanks! I'll post again tomorrow (well, I guess technically it would be today).

starwarsfan68 - Muchas gracias! (I was getting sick of writing "thanks" so many times in a row)

Mediator - Thank you! Oh, Markup Codes...it takes me about ten tries every time to get those right.

Solo_Fan - Great! Glad to see that you'll continue reading.

See you again tomorrow afternoon/night. :D

12. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Ooh, this was far down on the list! Well, here are the next three chapters (in honor of my birthday tomorrow). Chapter 4 was different on the HSP boards...the one I posted here was my special post for Valentines' Day, so it's extra mushy. The original Chapter 4 probably would have tied everything together better, but I had no idea how I could edit it for these boards, so I left it out.

Without further ado, here it is!

Chapter 4

Leia woke up the next day to the distinctive smell of the paloquais, her favorite flower. She felt somewhat disoriented at first, wondering if she were still dreaming, but when she opened one eye and saw Han?s face about a centimeter from her own she knew that she was awake. She kissed him lightly, and raised one eyebrow when Han produced a bouquet of the beautiful flowers.

?To what do I owe this pleasant surprise? Is it bribery??

?Well, if you want it to be, sure, but it?s actually because I love you. Happy Valentine?s Day, Sweetheart.?

Leia pulled back in shock, and almost crushed the delicate flowers as she clenched her fists.

?V-V-Valentine?s Day? That?s today??

?Uh?yeah. Didn?t you notice all the decorations and sales downtown? I thought women always remembered Valentine?s Day!?

?No?well, not me at least. When I was growing up I never really celebrated it because I thought it was all an Imperial plot to get consumers to spend tons of credits on sappy and trivial things,? Leia said as Han rolled his eyes. ?I know better than that now, though. I really wanted to get you something special for Valentine?s Day, honey. Now I know Valentine?s Day is really a holiday to show your feelings to the ones you love. It wasn?t even a holiday created by Imperials! Can I make it up to you somehow??

?Hmm?I think I can probably think of something. But not yet ? I have something special planned for you.?

Han left the tiny cabin, leaving Leia alone with her thoughts. She felt terrible that she had forgotten Valentine?s Day, but she supposed that Han didn?t actually care too much, and she did have some things she could give him. He was being so sweet ? it was wonderful to know that he cared so much. She couldn?t even begin to guess what he had planned for her.

A few minutes later Han walked in with a large tray and set it down gently on her lap. It was filled with delicious looking food, including heart-shaped pastries, assorted fruits, and juice. It also had a small card and another bouquet of the paloquais on the right side. Leia looked up in utter awe of the man who stood before her. She had her whole life to figure him out, but she doubted that even in that time she would completely understand the man who was Han Solo. One minute a bitter mercenary, the next a hopeless romantic. She wondered if all men were as complex as her husband. He sat down on the bed next to her.

?Breakfast in bed for my beautiful wife,? he said as he kissed her hand.

?Oh, Han, you?re too much! You shouldn?t have done anything for me, let alone prepare a feast. Now I?ll really have to make it up to you.?

?I?m not arguing with that, but just to let you know, this is just the beginning.?

?The beginning? What else do you have planned, Han??

?You?ll see,? he said with a wink.

?Well, at least help me eat this, there?s enough here for five people!?

?Maybe five Leias, not five Hans. But no, Leia, that?s all for you. You eat that while I go and get the next surprise ready.?

He kissed her softly and left, leaving Leia alone with her breakfast. All of the food was decadent, and she had no idea how Han had managed to prepare it. When she was finished she picked up the card and read what her husband had written inside.

Dear Leia,

Happy Valentines Day, Sweetheart! I assume by now you know how much I love you, but in case you didn?t already I wanted to let you know. Leia, you mean more to me than you can possibly imagine, more than I can comprehend myself. When our eyes met on the Death Star it was electric, and from the fire our electrity sparked grew

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww...nice Valentine's post. Although it was a little late, it was still a good read :)

And Leia's pregnant? I can't wait to see Han's reaction to this... ;)

Great post!

14. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah!

I always love a good mush story....

And Valentines Day is my birthday, believe it or not!!! If all our guys could do mush so well.....

15. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    This is really good.

16. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Upping for my birthday!

17. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESSDAISY2!!!!!!! :) :)

18. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Hi Princess, it's nice to see you there.
    Truth be told, I have been upset when the boards died: I wanted to know the end of your wonderful story so much!!
    It seems that my prayers have been answered! :)

Can't wait for reading the new posts.

[edit] :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

~Lelila :)

19. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    HanSolo29 - I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, the Valentines' post was a little late here, but it was on time on the HSP boards (wherever they have gone). For Han's reaction...wait no further! It's in the next chapter.

Sologirl - Well, you've come to the right place for mush!

If all our guys could do mush so well.....

*Sigh* Yes, that would be a wonderful thing. And happy birthday about 1 month and 6 days ago!

Matthew_Wolverine - Thank you so much!

PrincessDaisy2 - Happy birthday! Wait, that's me... ;)

GreatOne - Thanks! It was a really happy birthday, actually (I had no school :D).

jedi-lelila - Awesome! I'm happy that you like my story so much! Thank you for the 'Happy Birthday' too! :D

And now...to the next chapters! This is where the main storyline starts.

Chapter 7

Leia exited the side room positively radiant with joy. Han eyed her quizzically, wondering what could possibly have made her so happy.

?I?ll leave the two of you alone. You can leave as soon as you?re ready, I just have to file your papers,? the doctor said, and Leia thought that she saw the doctor wink slyly in her direction.

Leia sidled up to her dashing husband, and smiled beautifully as she saw the confused look on his face. He was so cute when he was confused! She was about to sit on the chair next to Han, but instead opted to sit on his lap.

?Han, darling,? Leia started with maternal bliss. ?I have something to tell you that will change our lives forever.?

Han looked into her eyes, and she thought that he looked even more confused, if possible, than before. She wrapped her slender arms around his muscular chest and kissed him softly before pulling back and placing her hands on his shoulders. She looked lovingly into his perplexed eyes, and told him the two words that would govern the rest of his life.

?I?m pregnant.?

Han?s face rapidly morphed from confusion to utter astonishment and shock. Leia thought that at that moment she could have knocked him over with a feather. He looked away, as if looking to see if there was some other woman telling some other husband those words nearby, and that he had just thought it was Leia expressing them. He turned back to Leia, who looked absolutely euphoric, and knew that it was his wife telling him that she was pregnant.

?You?you?re?I?m gonna be a father?? Han stuttered.

?Yes, Han, you?re going to be a father, and I?m going to be a mother. We?re going to be parents!?

Han sat gawking at her for what seemed like hours before standing up and twirling his petite wife around, showering her with kisses. He kissed her neck, eyes, and cheekbones before finally taking her lips with his own in a passionate kiss. Leia leaned into the kiss, wishing that they were in a more private room.

Han pulled away from the kiss, eyes shining, and bore his gaze into the woman who had pledged her love to him. His mate, the woman pregnant with his child.

?We?re going to be parents!? Han declared, more confident than before. He leaned his forehead against hers. ?I love you?mommy,? he stated with a wide grin.

?I know, daddy. I love you, too,? Leia said before leaning up for another kiss. Han met her halfway, promising his love and devotion for years to come.

When they were finished, Leia pulled back with a mischievous look in her eyes. ?Hey, hotshot, why don?t we head to the hotel? This hospital isn?t very private.?

?Um?well?I didn?t exactly book us a hotel. I just figured??

?Han! You didn?t book us a hotel? What, did you think we were going to sleep in the street??

Han looked at her with a look of pure innocence, and Leia glared at him, hands on hips. She fumed silently, and Han suddenly started laughing.

?Got ya!?

?Han Solo! How dare you tease me like that?? Leia cried, and if Han had known her less he would have thought that she really was upset. He knew, however, that she was just bantering playfully.

?Well, as a great

20. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Tyler... :) (great minds think alike?) Now you're getting to the part of this story I just love... *whistles "It's a Small World" and goes wandering off...*

21. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
  22. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Another post later tonight.

23. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Glad to see you here. Still love your story. Are the HS&P boards dead forever??

24. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Love your icon, PrincessDaisy2! Is that the South Park version of Leia? If so, too cute. Can't wait until you get to the new chapters.

25. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    GreatOne - Glad I'm getting to your favorite part! I'm trying to post this fast now, because I really want to get to the new chapters. Man, just seeing "It's a Small World" on the screen gets that song stuck in my head. That is one catchy tune.

kimmi - Thanks, glad you still love it! I really, really hope that the boards aren't dead forever but I don't know... :(

Solo_Fan - I'm happy that you like my icon. Yes, it is the South Park version of Leia. I figured it was perfect since I love South Park, I love Star Wars, and Leia is one of my favorite characters. I'll try to get to the new chapters as soon as possible! I posted 5 chapters tonight so that I can post the new ones soon.

Okay, for anyone who hasn't already read my story on the HSP boards, a few of the chapters coming up are a little crazy. My family is obsessed with Disneyland, and so I wrote about the Corellian version of Disneyland in my story. Some of the characters may seem a little bit stranger than usual, but it's because everyone acts a little differently in Disneyland!

Note: Today's my sister's due date, so sometime soon I might mysteriously disapear from the boards for a day or two (because we're running out of the house as soon as we get the call), but, in the words of the Governator, I'll be back!

Disclaimer: I don't own Disneyland either.

Chapter 10

Han walked the couple of meters that it took to get across the suite and peeked his head in the refresher door to see how Leia was feeling, while Ty waited just outside.

?Hey, Sweetheart, how are ya holding up??

?How could you do this to me? I feel terrible!? Leia mumbled, and even though she was in pain she managed to fix Han with a glare.

Han was dumbfounded by the sudden change in his wife?s demeanor. Just a few minutes ago she was bubbly and overjoyed at the thought of having a baby, and now she was mad at him? Oh, man, he thought. I forgot about the hormones. This is going to be a long nine months. A hormonal Leia was scarier to him than any terrifying beast he had ever encountered. He had to tread lightly on this issue. Okay, Solo, be gentle, no sarcastic comments, no sarcastic comments??

?Well, Leia, it seems as if you should shoulder at least half of the blame. Maybe more, since you knew perfectly well what that little number you have does to me.? Uh oh, Solo, that?s treading too close to sarcasm, turn back, turn back!

?Oh, really?? Leia asked, her energy returning full board. She stood and tilted her head up to pierce her husband with a withering look. ?So, Mr. Hotpants, would you like to be vomiting your lungs out in a cruddy motel as your stomach turns inside out? Do you want to get headaches, and feet aches, and every sort of ache in between? Do you want to go through childbirth, which is supposed to be the most painful thing in the universe??

?Well, sure I would, Leia, if it means that you don?t have to be in pain,? Han tried with his best sensitive husband look, turning as far away from sarcasm as possible. He didn?t expect it to do much; usually Leia just ignored it and went on with her tirade, but what he saw was almost unbelievable.

Leia?s eyes glazed over, and she covered them with her hands as tears began streaming down her face. ?I?m so sorry, Han. I?m such a bad wife. I?m so happy to be having this baby with you, but I just go and yell at you at the first opportunity. I don?t deserve you.?

Han was even more shocked than before. Here was his wife, Leia Organa Solo, no-nonsense diplomat and fighter, weeping over such a petty thing. He had hardly ever seen her cry, even in the toughest of times, and now she was crying over her miniscule flash of anger. He supposed that what they said about pregnant women and mood swings really was true. He decided that he should ignore his shock, however, and comfort his wife. He stepped forward and wrapped her in his arms, resting his chin on the top of her head.

?Oh, Sw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.