main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    I probably shouldn't steal post 400, but I will anyway. ;) Thanks again, everyone!

2. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Ah, the brilliance of televison. I just watched a certain program on VH1 three times in a row, and it has some wonderful quotes, such as:

"And he's looking at her, wondering, 'hmm, would I like to go to bed with her?' Cuz' if he isn't thinking that he's not Han Solo." - Irvin Kershner on "The Kiss"

(That was going to be in my signature, but I wasn't quite sure if it was appropriate or not) *shrug*

I almost hyperventilated when they started talking about Han and Leia. It was fabulous. And they showed the "Carbonite kiss" about five times throughout the program, which was cool. The strange thing was that they never even alluded to Luke and Leia being siblings. :confused:

Okay, I should probably mention my story at some point. I'm working on the next chapter, and will probably have it up Monday night.

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I almost missed this last post. Hilarious! They really played Han; even I was wondering if he dreamed it all up. [face_laugh] Poor Han! The twins should give him a break, it's hard being up with a little one in the middle of the night and entertaining strange visitors.

Luke, be careful what you say now...

4. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks for replying, dm1!

I'm going to try to get the next chapter up tonight, everyone. See ya!

[edit] Supposedly it's "talk like a pirate day" (for two more hours), so arr mi matey!

5. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Argh. Sorry I didn't get the chapter up last night. Lack of sleep really got to me. Hopefully I'll be able to get it up today. *crosses fingers*

6. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    *taps foot*

7. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'm sorry. *Bows head in shame* A tennis match and a soccer game in the same day plus homework took away my ability to produce a post for everyone tonight. I'll really, really try to have it up tomorrow. [face_praying]

8. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Yay! I finally have the update up! :) I have no idea when the next "normal" post (a.k.a. one where there is not an extreme instance of craziness) will be. Possibly never. ;)

KnightedRogue - Thank you! :) Thanks for your exuberance, too! Glad you like the weirdness. I was originally going to write a normal story, but it was all but impossible to write a story without at least some sort of humor in it. And craziness is the most fun to write (and the easiest for a crazy person).

HerHighness33 - Thank you so much! :) It's a great compliment when someone quotes lines from the chapter. Sorry about keeping you waiting so long for the next chapter.

GreatOne - They just might need some security droids! I certainly wouldn't want Fabio knocking on my door in the middle of the night. Talk about creepy...

jedi-lelila - Thank you! Yes, Luke and Leia were mean, but at least they had fun. [face_devil]

Solo_Fan - Thanks! Yes, Han definitely needs a break. His lack of sleep certainly isn't helping him.

dm1 - Thank you! Poor Han, indeed! Luke and Leia were skirting close to the dark side with their little trick. ;)

Chapter 64

The plethora of people marched into the house as Han hurriedly tried to soothe Alden. It seemed as if everyone tried to calm the baby down at once, resulting in an even more boisterous atmosphere, which served to upset Alden further. Han rocked him back and forth, trying to evade the grasping arms of knowing mothers who ?just knew? that they had the best method for calming him down. He finally gave up, handing him off to Leia, who had deduced that his crying was due to hunger. Everyone sighed with disappointment as she scurried off into the bedroom with Alden.

Since they no longer had their cute little baby to look at, they re-congratulated Han, and shuffled their feet around, unsure of what to do in the situation. Some asked Han about the night, and tried to make conversation. Han replied to as many questions as he could without bringing the infamous Fabio into the story, but soon the group seemed to have lost their inquisitiveness. They had come to see the baby, after all. In order to bring some semblance of comfort to the room, Han stooped down to Ty?s height, and conversed with the little boy.

?So, Ty, what do you think about Alden??

?He?s pretty neat. He doesn?t do much, though,? he replied.

?That?s because he?s a baby. Babies need other people to do stuff for them,? Han explained.

?Why can?t I be a baby? Then I wouldn?t have to clean my room or anything,? Ty grumbled.

?You already got your chance to be a baby. Besides, being a baby wouldn?t be that fun anyway. You couldn?t play games, or go on roller coasters, or talk, or anything like that. It would be pretty boring.?

?I guess,? he sighed, then moved onto a question that had obviously been disturbing him for long time. ?So, are you still gonna hang out with me, Han? I know you have a baby now, so maybe you don?t want to play with me anymore.?

?Of course I?ll still hang out with you, kid! The baby might take a lot of my attention for a while because he?s so little, but I?ll always find some time to hang out with you,? Han replied, ruffling Ty?s hair.

?But aren?t you going away soon? You won?t see me then,? Ty pointed out.

Han put both hands on Ty?s shoulders and looked at him earnestly. ?I?ll tell you what ? as soon as we get back I?ll take you somewhere fun, and it?ll be just me and you the whole day. That sound good??

Ty nodded. Han stood up and patted the boy on the back, then, upon noticing Threepio, turned to the droid. ?Hey Goldenrod, what have you been doing lately? Roaming the streets??

?Why, Sir,? Threepio cried. ?You have indeed surprised me with your knowledge. How were you aware of my time spent in the streets??

Han stared at him, dumbfounded. ?What was that, Threepio??

?I asked, how were you aware of my time spent in the streets? I did

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    A post in time for my birthday! Han is such a sweetie to Ty.

What a crazy family, though! Threepio wandering the streets? I can't imagine it. [face_laugh]

First post, too! Wow!

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LOL! Talk about droid abuse! Poor Threepio and Artoo! [face_laugh]

Funny and sweet post! :D :D

11. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    ?Why can?t I be a baby? Then I wouldn?t have to clean my room or anything,? Alden grumbled. :confused: I think you meant 'Ty' instead of Alden.

The post was so sweet! [face_love]

~Lelila @};-

12. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    :oops: Thanks, jedi-lelila. I had a feeling that I mixed up their names at some point. I'll go fix that now (I have a feeling that a newborn can't speak that well).

13. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I have a feeling that a newborn can't speak that well. :D I had the same feeling. As he is Han's and Leia's son (ie. a Solo and a Skywalker) he might be that precoce. But he is two or three day old, so it is quite impossible. ;)

~Lelila

14. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Grr...I thought I had upped this earlier. Oh well, I'll just up it now...

15. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    All the company is nice, but I think Han and Leia are going to have to set viewing hours for friends and family. I think the Solo family is going to need a little quiet time for themselves. Too funny to think of Threepio and R2 walking the streets. It's a good thing Threepio had R2 with him to protect him. Good post! :)

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Solo_Fan, it appears they will be going away soon anyway, according to this last post. That should give them plenty of time alone. I do agree, though, all these visitors are enough to drive one nuts. It could have been structured, we do a celebration after the baby arrives (instead of the infamous baby shower thing before baby!). It really is nice, and mom and dad are equally involved, with all their friends, not just the women. No silly games or anything, just time spent with friends and baby.

17. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks for replying, everyone. Also, I forgot to say this before, but I'll just say it now: Happy Birthday, dm1!

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Thanks, PrincessDaisy2! :) Hope school is going well for you.

19. HerHighness33

Sep 11, 2004
    All the company is nice, but I think Han and Leia are going to have to set viewing hours for friends and family.

[face_laugh] Sorry, that struck me as funny. "Yes, the viewing hours for our son are 1, 2:30, 3:45, and 5." ;)

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I didn't think of it that way, but that's hilarious about the viewing hours. Sort of reminds me of the animal shows at the zoo... :D

21. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Ooh, so much discussion! I love it.

I'll write and post the next chapter ASAP. Hopefully I'll be inspired enough during an off-period tomorrow to get it done, but I can never tell from day to day whether I'll be extremely lazy or very productive.

As tennis season is in full swing, and very soon I'll have to start the wonderous task of applying for colleges, it'll be a while in between chapters, like it has been lately.

22. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Up! Sorry about the ridiculously long amount of time since I last posted. I don't really have too much inspiration right now, and yesterday I had absolutely no time to write, so we'll just have to wait and see when I can get the next chapter up. Stick around, though, because I should have it up soon.

23. HerHighness33

Sep 11, 2004
    Please post soon! :)

24. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I am really very sorry that it's been so long since I last posted. I finally have an idea for the next chapter, though, so I might actually have a new post up tomorrow night. *gasps*

25. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Well, another day of going through all my reasons for not posting. Wait! *rubs eyes in disbelief* It can't be! It can't be a...a...post! But it is!

dm1 - Glad I made the last post in time for your birthday! The whole situation really is hard (yet entertaining) to imagine.

A planned celebration would have been much better, but things tend to be a little more on the chaotic side in this story. ;)

School is going very well, thank you. Other than a few little brain spasms that I've had lately, everything is working out pretty well.

GreatOne - Thank you! :)

jedi-lelila - I'm glad you liked it, and thank you very much for the correction.

Solo_Fan - Thank you! I understand what you are saying about limiting time for the family. Luckily it isn't a problem in upcoming posts, so I can have a while to come up with a good situation for everyone.

HerHighness33 - Sorry it's taken so long for me to post. The phrase "viewing hours" is pretty funny.

*Sorry about any Jane Austenisms in this next chapter. Two days of nothing but Northanger Abbey had an interesting affect on my writing.*

Chapter 65

After everyone left, Han collapsed next to Leia onto one of the comfortable couches that had been calling to him ever since the guests had arrived. She was feeding Alden, and giving herself the rest that was necessary after giving birth. The two new parents gazed at each other knowingly.

?Well, that was fun,? Han stated sarcastically.

Leia rolled her eyes. ?If they keep doing that every morning I?ll end up murdering someone within the week.?

?Now that would be a great image for the Alliance. I can see the headline now ? ?Senator Organa Solo murders unsuspecting citizen. All chaos breaks loose.??

?But you?re forgetting that I?m an Ambassador now. It?ll just serve to make me more intimidating to the planets we visit, and more of them will join.?

?I don?t think that?ll work. Maybe if you just torture the person or something you?ll look intimidating. Otherwise I think they just won?t let you on the planet.?

Leia rubbed her chin dramatically. ?I don?t know ? torture might not be enough.?

The conversation lulled for about a minute, then Han stated, ?We?re sick.?

?Pretty much,? Leia agreed.

Han turned to Alden. ?Good luck having a normal life, kiddo.?

Three months later?

Han, Leia, Chewie, Alden and (unfortunately) Threepio were on the Falcon, going on their first Ambassadorial visit. They had refrained from murdering anyone (which was probably best for everyone), and had enjoyed plenty of leisure time on New Alderaan with their new son. Both parents had grown restless of being planet-bound, however, and the opportunity for Leia to make use of her Ambassadorial status could not have come at a better time.

Alden was growing fast, too fast it seemed for Han and Leia, and his features were becoming more defined. The comments by various people about his resemblance to either of his parents were innumerable. Most thought him to be more like his father in appearance, however, as his eyes carried the same color and spark as Han?s. His hair was growing in thicker, and was, as anybody would expect from a glance at his parents, a dark shade of brown.

Alden was also growing in awareness. He was now able to lift his head up without support, and was almost able to roll over. His progress, though perhaps only slightly advanced in comparison to his fellow babies, was a constant source of wonder to both parents, and they would often marvel at how their child could be so gifted at such an early age.

As that seems to be quite enough description of little Alden, it makes sense that we should move on to a description of the trip. A few days before Mon Mothma had told the couple of a proposed alliance with a small planet called Ican?tbelieve, and had implied that the two of them might venture there to stimulate the planet?s interest. Leia had insta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.