main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Hmm - do I see a hint of Austin Powers 2 here?

My fav part thus far: "It?s an illness that will gradually make you look ugly and old."

Point in case: Palpy looks like he died and rose up again . . . only to be smashed by a Death Star and eaten by Ewoks . . . only to be risen again . . . :D Yeah.

Ha! Thanks PrincessDaisy2!

*KR*

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LOL! He's never been in rain! (and he thought it was goose droppings!) LOL!!! And he can't handle being nagged.... It would be a very, very good idea, in more ways than one, for Fabio never to have children! [face_laugh]

If I recall correctly, in CoPL, Fabio...errr, Isolder, was some sort of professional fighter, which the author implied he could beat Han to a pulp if Han challenged him to a fight. :mad:

3. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Finally, PrincessDaisy2!!! Someone who does Fabio justice!!! Thanks for the laughs!

(GreatOne)-If I recall correctly, in CoPL, Fabio...errr, Isolder, was some sort of professional fighter, which the author implied he could beat Han to a pulp if Han challenged him to a fight :mad: - You know, martial arts and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side... :D

p.s. - What gives with the Boards this morn?

4. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks for replying, everyone! :D

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Cannot be asked same question three times, or will always agree. Austin Powers? The Moroccan bad guy also had this problem!

Hilarious chapter!

6. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Will Farell's character (Mustafa) in Austin Powers definitely influenced Fabio's three times thing. Thanks again for replying, everyone! :D

7. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
  8. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Okay, so I have no idea when the next update will be. Today or tomorrow are definite possibilities. I'll get the next chapter up as soon as it's written. ;)

9. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Well, I've had the last four replies...

I'm really, really sorry about the long wait. Tennis is officially over (though we have a few more practices left), and soccer will be completely over after Saturday. Then I will actually have time to write. I wasn't able to write this week, but I'll definitely have it up sometime this weekend (Monday is included in my weekend). I won't have it up today because today's my annual Halloween party, and it usually lasts about 8 hours or more. Well, until then...Happy Halloween everyone! [face_pumpkin]

Also, I can see that there are some new H/L stories/updates up that look really good, but I have absolutely no time to read right now. I'll come back to them later, I promise!

10. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Happy Halloween, everyone! I hope everyone stuffs themselves with candy and treats tonight and has a fabulous holiday!

The chapter's a little short, and this time it's mushy, not insane. I'll try to write more very soon.

KnightedRogue - Good point about Palpy. I'm glad you liked the chapter!

GreatOne - *shivers* I really hope Fabio never has any children. I can't imagine anyone (especially a Fabio-like man with long blonde hair) beating Han to a pulp. Stupid EU.

Glad you thought it was funny!

rxchiquita - I'm glad you think it's funny. I figured it was about time someone did Fabio justice. ;) I don't know what was up with the boards (though at this point it was over a week ago) since I'm hardly ever on the computer in the morning.

dm1 - Yup, Austin Powers and Hamlet influenced Fabio's little problem. Glad you thought it was funny!

[face_pumpkin]Chapter 68[face_pumpkin]

It was nighttime and the rain had ceased, luckily giving Fabio his leave to return to his palace. He had been grating on everyone?s nerves with his incessant whining, much like Threepio, and finally Han had had to instill a rule stating:

?If anyone whose name starts with either a ?F? or a ?T? whines about one thing I?m locking them up in the smuggling compartments.?

Threepio had tried to argue that his serial number started with a ?C? and not a ?T? and therefore he was exempt from the rule, but Han had promptly grabbed the golden droid?s arm and proceeded to drag him across the lounge toward the compartments, eliciting a series of whiny screams. Instead of following through with the act, though, Han repeated the rule, replacing the ?T? with ?See-Threepio.?

This had been sufficient to shut both of them up, and Fabio had sulked about the cabin for the remainder of his stay in the Falcon. Now he was gone, however, and Threepio was shut down for the night.

Chewbacca had gone to bed early, leaving the young couple and their son to themselves. Alden was lying on a blanket on the floor of the cabin that was delegated as his nursery, and both parents were enthralled with the sight of him. They had thought that they would get used to seeing him ? they had thought that his little face would become an ordinary sight, but they had been wrong in their supposition. From the tiny, dark-brown hairs on his head to his bubbly little toes; no part of him was exempt from their wonder. Three months had passed since his birth, yet it seemed as if they had just arrived home from Medical.

As the parents watched their son with pure wonder, he wriggled around happily. He slapped his hands on the floor with inadvertent rhythm, and shifted back and forth as far as he could without completely flopping over. His parents laughed at his antics and played around with him, teasing and entertaining him. They were not expecting what was coming, however. Alden was wobbling back and forth in his typical fashion, which drew no distinct attention from his parents. Therefore they hardly even comprehended it when tilted so far that he rolled over completely. Both parents were completely shocked. Alden stared up at them with big, hazel eyes, smiled and practically winked at Han and Leia. So they both saw their son roll over for the first time, but the event had been completely unanticipated and unprepared for.

Once they had come out of their stupor, they clapped a little and congratulated him. Alden?s eyes grew wide and a little bit frightened by the sudden noise, but when his mother lifted him up into her arms and spoke to him soothingly he calmed down, and grew sleepy. His internal ?bedtime clock? seemed to go off, and he was asleep in her arms within a couple of minutes.

Leia brought Alden over to his crib and gently set him down on the mattress. Han stood behind her and the two of them admired their son for a few more minutes, then they headed to their own bedroom.

Han was already in bed when Leia stepped out of the refres

11. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    AWW! Great post! I'm glad both of them got to see Alden roll over, but it would have been more fun for one of them to have missed it... [face_devil]

Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]

12. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Thank you for letting both Han and Leia see Alden roll over for the first time. I'm sure it will be a rare occasion for both of them to witness his milestones together, so this is a moment they can treasure. And it can't be said enough, but thank you the positive slant of your story. It is much appreciated. :)

13. KnightedRogue

Aug 11, 2004
    Yay! Happiness! Cute, un-angsty good times in the Solo family. Such a rare, rare thing, eh?

I like the mushy posts, too, PrincessDaisy2! Great job!

*KR*

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    AWWWW!! A sweet post! I liked Han threatening to lock Fabio in the smuggling compartment! LOL

15. HerHighness33

Sep 11, 2004
    Hey, you changed your icon back! :) It annoys me when people change theirs every other week or when two people have the same one, because I always go by the icons to identify people at a glance...

*vows to never change icon*

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    They are just so right for each other! They both got to see Alden roll over? That's rare, and wonderful.

I liked the part at the end about luck and the odds. Things have changed for Han, haven't they? :D

17. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Tennis is now officially over (yes!), so once I can get all my junk homework and college applications done I can set out to write a lot more.

18. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Yeah Han, there's no suck thing as luck. I hate when I have typos. Fixed it now, though.

19. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Okay, this chapter is kind of weird, but I had to write something. I think someone needs to threaten me or something to force me to write these chapters more quickly. Or enforce a deadline.

HerHighness33 - I'm glad you liked it! It would have been more fun if only one of them saw him roll over, but I want to contradict the EU as much as possible. ;) Yeah, I think it can be annoying when people change their icon, which was part of the reason I changed it back, along with the fact that it was too common.

Solo_Fan - You're very welcome. I enjoy writing this story because it's positive. If it were angsty I doubt I would have been writing it for this amount of time.

KnightedRogue - Glad you liked the mush! The next one's not really mushy, but I guess it could be with a stretch of the imagination.

GreatOne - Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

dm1 - Yes, they are perfect for each other. I wanted it to be a special moment for them. Glad you liked it.

Chapter 69

The next morning, Han and Leia were forced awake, like usual, from the sound of Alden?s wailing. Neither of them had any desire to remove themselves from the warmth of each other?s arms, but Alden was always their first priority, so the necessity to provide for his wellbeing overrode whatever they desired at the moment.

?I?m coming, little monster,? Leia mumbled as she regretfully removed Han?s arms from their position across her waist.

Han slumped back into an almost childlike stance of discontent. He watched his wife with crossed arms and one eye closed, protesting the act of waking up. Leia slipped on her robe, tying the sash tightly, and walked toward the door.

?Aren?t you coming?? she asked, crossing her arms in a conscious imitation of her husband.

?Do I really need to? It seems to me you don?t really need my help when you?re feeding him.?

?Since when has that stopped you from coming into his room with me in the morning? I thought it was your job to annoy me with dumb jokes while I?m trying to feed him.?

?My jokes aren?t dumb! The guys always laugh at them??

?My point exactly,? Leia retorted.

He scowled at her. ?Well, why is it that I can?t just stay here one morning? The tyke won?t miss his pop too much.?

?Why are you so adamant about staying in the bunk this morning? You usually enjoy checking on your son when he wakes up.?

?I?m just tired, s?all. You wore me out last night,? he grinned.

?And that?s supposed to make me pity you??

?Pretty much.?

Leia let out a loud, exasperated sigh and left the room to check on her needy son. His full-fledged crying calmed down to a slight whimper at the sight of his mother, but then as he remembered his reason for calling to her in the first place he began bawling again.

?Shh, shh,? Leia whispered, approaching the crib. ?Mama?s here to help.?

Lifting her son out of his crib, she began feeding him. She reached out to him with the comfort of the Force, a skill which was one of the many that Luke was currently teaching her, and was once again amazed with the level of response Alden gave her. She hoped that Han would be accepting of their son?s special gift. He had proclaimed before Alden?s birth that he didn?t care whether or not his son was a Jedi adept, but now that Alden was here and Han was so protective of him, she was unsure whether or not he would want his little boy to be trained as a Jedi. She had avoided approaching Han on the subject, except for a little hint she had given him about Alden?s potential, but she was not sure whether he had even been listening when she told him. She knew that she should bring the subject up as soon as possible.

When Alden was finished eating, he closed his eyes and dozed off, snoring softly. When he was completely asleep again Leia laid him down again and went back to her room.

?Did you have a nice nap?? she questioned her husband sarcastically.

?Yup,? Han proclaimed wi

20. KnightedRogue

Aug 11, 2004
    That qualifies as mush, PrincessDaisy2 :D

Great job, as usual!

*KR*

21. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    For a second, I thought Han was serious about not wanting Alden to be a Jedi. Glad he was just kidding. But, I have always wondered what it might be like if Han and Leia had a child who wasn't force-sensitive. As always, I love the mush!! :)

22. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Hey, it's me! - Right. But I've been afraid for a moment. Bad boy!

Loved the mush. Thanks PrincessDaisy, I really needed it.

~Lelila @};-

23. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I was worried there for a second! Good thing we all agree that Han can be pretty understanding when it comes to his family. :D :D :D

Lovely post.

24. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I was worried, too, for a second. I thought you were starting to learn angst from LP and others. Then I realized, you don't do angst! Whew!

That was some punishment... [face_blush]

Still loving this story!

25. HerHighness33

Sep 11, 2004
    Aaah, lovely mush...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.