main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    How was Disneyland? Hope you had a great time! Looking forward to the next chapter when you can get to it.

2. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Well, as it's been over two weeks since I last posted, I guess I my muse is officially on holiday break. I-) In my defense, though, I did just finish my challenge fic, so I have written something. Excuses, excuses. Well, I haven't flaked out on the story - it's just taking me a little longer to get inspired to write this next chapter.

3. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Happy Holidays! Well, I'm a happy camper, as tomorrow is the last day of school before break, and I'll pretty much have parties all day (including a tea party in Lit). Whoo-hoo! And I finally got another chapter up! Yay!

jedi-lelila - If you ever don't feel like speaking French, go ahead. I won't understand you, but you can if you want. ;) Thanks for making the effort for me, though! Leia's attitude is temporary, luckily. She'll be a lot happier after the next post. :)

GreatOne - Yup, Fabio definitely deserved what he got. Glad you liked it!

Starrunner - Thanks! Yes, he certainly did get what he deserved!

Solo_Fan - I'm very glad you're still reading! Fabio won't get shipped off to another planet...yet. [face_devil]

dm1 - Disneyland was great, thanks! It did rain for a day or two, but it scared everyone away so we got to go on tons of rides. I'm glad you're hanging in there. Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 72

Han stared at the fallen prince, hand still clenched in a fist. Fabio was motionless, but was luckily still breathing. Han threw a side-glance over to Fabio?s servants, did a double take, and realized that he might be in for more trouble than he had imagined. The servants were looking somberly upon their fallen master, and Han was afraid that at any moment they would begin to go after him.

One of the fanciest-looking servants approached Fabio, gently held the back of his hand against the prince?s forehead, and nodded. He stood up, facing Han.

?My name is Kirmo. I am one of Master Fabio?s most important servants. You have injured my master, sir, and there?s only one way we can respond to such an action.?

Han flinched, ready for an all-out attack by Fabio?s faithful menservants, and poised his fists readily. Kirmo slapped his hands together, which Han thought was a sign to his fellow servants, but the gesture was repeated again, and slowly increased in tempo until he and the rest of the servants were clapping fervently in Han?s honor.

?Thank you sir, thank you so much. We are greatly indebted to you. I, and the rest of my colleagues, have wanted to perform such an action upon the esteemed prince for many years. Is there any way we can repay you??

?Yeah,? Han responded, grinning. ?First of all, I want to be able to leave this planet.?

?That will be no problem, sir. You are already cleared.?

?Good. Then, second of all, I?ve been wanting to go back somewhere I went awhile ago, and I was wondering if you could get me some tickets??

The next day?

?I?m so glad we?re back at Corellia Land, Han. I think Fabio was driving everyone crazy,? Leia stated, leaning on her husband?s arm.

?I?m not exactly someone who would argue with that. I think we deserve some free time, after that evil trip the government sent us on.?

?Well, where should we go? We have a baby now, and I think we went on almost every ride last time.?

?Don?t worry, I know just the place.?

Han led Leia and Alden to a chained-off area that was surrounded on both sides by winding ramps, leading upward. They followed the path of the right ramp into an antiquated building, where they were met with the peculiar sight of a line of people bordering a small river full of tiny, ancient floating vessels. Each vessel was filled with humans and nonhumans in various types of gaudy garb, energetically (or perhaps drunkenly) singing the words to a song that Han and Leia had never heard. They were intrigued, and stood in line until they came upon a Mon Calamarian dressed in what looked like striped rags.

?Arr, how many people be going aboard?? he asked, leaning forward.

?It?s just us two, and our baby,? Leia replied, thrown somewhat off guard.

?Arr, hold on tight to the wee one, this be a bumpy journey into the pirates? cove,? the Mon Calamarian warned.

?Sure ? of course,? Leia replied hesitantly.

?Arr, then ye be going in row four I be thinkin?

4. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Aye, aye.

Methinks PrincessDaisy2's spent wee more time in "Pirates of the Caribbean" than she shoulda, eh, matey? :D

[face_laugh]

*KR*

5. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Methinks PrincessDaisy2's spent wee more time in "Pirates of the Caribbean" than she shoulda, eh, matey?

That's for sure. ;)

6. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    [face_laugh] Disneyland has a bad influence on you, Princess ;) LOL

Great post :)

~Lelila @};-

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LOL! I'll have you know that Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion are two of my favorite rides at WDW. (well, I like them ALL, actually..) And now I want to go back! :_| - It's been a very long time since I've been there...)

Great post! I loved how all the servants applauded Han for decking Fabio! [face_laugh]

Yo, Ho, Yo Ho.... a pirate's life for me....(and that IS all I remember, too!)

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like the "Pirates" ride too, but I'm still a little upset that the Disney folks politically corrected it a while back. I never had a problem with the original version when I first went on it. Definitely liked Han decking Fabio. Reminded me of Dorothy melting the Wicked Witch of the North, and then having all of the Witch's men applaud her. Good post!

9. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Up! Happy holidays!

10. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hey, everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I think I'm only going to write a few more chapters of this story, and let it be done. I've already started working on a sort of sequel, though I think it will be a bit more serious (no Fabios frolicking about). I'll probably write little silly blurbs along the way, but I want to challenge myself to write a normal story from start to finish. Or maybe not. We'll see. ;)

11. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    EEK! I'll have the next chapter up soon.

12. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Heh, I guess soon to me is about three weeks. This next chapter is totally strange, but hopefully you're all used to that by now. It's loosely based on my 5th grade play. And for any of you who read "The Jiggles" I realize that Han and Chewie have changed places, but Han can't be weird all the time.

I was going to have this be the last chapter, but I didn't have time to add everything, so there'll be another one or an epilogue.

I'm sorry I've been totally lax on both my stories, but I'll be better soon enough. I have finals this week (My Spanish final is in less than an hour - You can see I'm a study machine) and I've had to do scholarships and the like. Grr.

KnightedRogue - Yeah, I spend too much time in Disneyland, period. I think I have all the rides memorized.

jedi-lelila - How can Disneyland have a bad effect on me? *shocked face* Just kidding. It makes me seem even stranger than I am.

GreatOne - Aww, I'm sorry I brought up one of your favorite rides. I've never actually been to Walt Disney World, so you've got one on me. I'm glad you liked the post!

Solo_Fan - Yeah, Disney has a tendency to politically correct things. It's really not even more politically correct now than it was before. Glad you enjoyed Han decking Fabio. ;)

Chapter 73

They went on the ride several more times, along with revisits to the Indiana Jones ride and several other favorites, some of which required either Han or Leia to stay behind with Alden. Unfortunately they were required to report back to the Alliance as soon as possible, which greatly shortened their vacation. They were forced to make it a day trip, and as a result were harried in their attempts to fit everything in that they wanted to.

They decided to meet up with Chewie and Threepio for their midday meal (who knew what those two had been up to), and were surprised to see them sitting together at a large table surrounded by various memorabilia. They were both inspecting their items, and seemed a little bit too excited about their theme park purchases to be the real Chewie and Threepio.

?Whatcha got there, fuzzball?? Han asked as they moved toward the odd duo.

Chewie held up a plastic figurine about a meter tall, which bore a remarkable resemblance to the Wookiee.

*Do I really look like this?* he growled.

?Pretty much, buddy. So you went on the Tours ride, then??

Chewie nodded.

?Pretty crazy, huh? But you already knew all about it, since you were part of the ride!?

*I needed the money. The Alliance didn?t even give me a medal for risking my fur, let alone a paycheck!*

?Uh-huh, sure. And those modeling gigs you did weren?t enough, were they? You just had to get more??

*Models are vastly underpaid. The photographers were lucky to escape with all their limbs.*

?That?s for sure.?

?Captain Solo, I was quite unaware that they were using my prototype for a ride. I almost short-circuited when I saw myself in there,? Threepio contended.

?And how would that have been a bad thing??

?Why, Sir, if I had short-circuited surely I would not be able to function.?

?I know,? Han replied, grinning as he saw his Wookiee cohort guffawing at the droid?s expense.

?Then why???

?Never mind, Threepio. Those two don?t make sense to me either, sometimes,? Leia soothed as she glowered at her unruly husband.

?Well, I must say I never??

?Shut up, Goldenrod!? Han admonished.

?Han,? Leia warned. ?Be nice to Threepio, or I won?t give you an award for being a good boy on this trip.?

?Uh, sorry, Threepio. I was just teasing you. No hard feelings,? Han stated rather quickly.

?That?s better,? Leia smiled, kissing him deeply. They were perfectly content to ignore their audience.

Chewbacca made a noise that suspiciously sounded like ?ahem? and the couple was forced out of their daze

?There?ll be more of that in your future if you behave, smarty pants,? Leia whispered into Han?s ear as she

13. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Uhh... was this girl part of a parade? Or was she just a lunatic? LOL... it's nice to know that no disater happened to anyone during the vacation! [face_laugh]

14. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Sounds similar to what one experiences after going on "It's a Small World" at Disney. It's hard to get the song out of your head. On a better note, it was always nice to have the theme for the "Mainstreet Electrical Parade" going through my head. That I didn't mind. Sad to see that this story is almost at an end, but glad you are writing a sequel.

15. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I finally finished the story!!!! :D Between an indifferent muse and college-related stuff, I finally found the inspiration to finish it up. I'm just going to let it sit overnight and make any changes tomorrow, and then I'll post it. After that I can get back on track on keeping up with everything on this site and return to my other poor, neglected story that I abandoned as I was trying to finish this one. Adios! Hasta manana!

16. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hola! Yay, it's done! :D I decided to try to get back to the original purpose of the story in this conclusion (as you can see I got a bit sidetracked throughout the story), so it will focus on Ty. I'll make sure to put plenty of romance in Endor Excursion, though.

GreatOne - The girl was the parade. She was kicked off American Idol but she wasn't quite ready to give up...

Solo_Fan - Disney songs are definitely easy to get stuck in your head. Especially the annoying ones.

Chapter 74/Conclusion

Upon returning to their home on New Alderaan in the early hours, Han and Leia discovered that a certain little boy had not taken their absence too well. Ty lay at the foot of their front door, tousled hair lying low over his closed eyelids. He was frowning in his sleep, disturbed over either his dreams or the plaguing notion of his friends? absence, and was clutching a small, furry, plush Ewok in his arms.

?Hey, Ty, Buddy,? Han called, gently nudging the boy. ?What?re you doing here??

Ty slowly opened his eyes, unfocused and blurry from sleep. ?What?? he mumbled.

?What?re you doing asleep at our door? Why aren?t your parents here??

?Han?? the boy asked happily. ?I?m glad you guys are back! I heard you were coming so I came over here to wait?my parents are still asleep.?

Both excited to see the boy and apprehensive about advocating Ty?s escape, Leia spoke. ?We?re glad to see you too, Ty, but you shouldn?t have left your home in the middle of the night to come see us. You should have waited until tomorrow.?

?I know, but I haven?t seen you in so long!?

?How ?bout we just take you home, kid,? Han told the boy, set features showing the youth that he meant the comment as a statement, not a question.

?But we have so much to catch up on!?

Han and Leia looked at each other, mouths curving up at the corners in amusement.

?You?re starting to sound too much like an adult, Ty,? Han grinned, shaking his head. ?I think you need to go home and watch some cartoons on the holovision or eat a bowl full of candy or something.?

?I probably shouldn?t do that.?

?Well, it was just an idea. Anyways, you have to go home before your parents wake up and tell the entire planet you?re gone.?

?But I want to know everything about your adventure! What was Ican?tbelieve like? Did you meet any interesting people??

?Well, we met Fabio again, and I gave him a pretty good roundhouse punch??

?Cool!?

??and we met his crazy mother, who was carried back into a room with padded walls??

?You met crazy people? I wish could?ve gone!?

?Well, Ty, if the Alliance ever decides to send me back there, you can go in my place. I certainly never want to go back to that planet ever again,? Leia said.

?Why not??

?It?s a long story. Maybe I?ll tell you when you?re older.?

?Is it secret government stuff??

?Shh, Ty,? Han butted in. ?You don?t want to be spreading that around. There might be spies in the bushes.?

?Spies?? Ty asked with rounded eyes. ?I hadn?t thought of that. Do you think they heard anything??

?You never know with spies. We should probably go someplace more covert. Your house, maybe.?

?Okay. But I?m not going to bed!?

?Of course not. Unless you get too tired, that is.?

?No way! I can stay up all night ? I don?t need to sleep!?

?We?ll see about that. Let?s get going, though. We shouldn?t stay out here any longer than necessary.?

?I?m ready!?

They began walking down the stone pathway that surrounded the house, heading back toward the city. The sun was just beginning to peek out from behind the curves of the hills, the dawn casting a golden sheen upon all that met with the sun?s rays. The grass, green from the rain and scattered with yellow flowers, reflected the light through its drops of dew that were yet to evaporate into the warm air.

Around the corner, however, there was a boulder that cast a long shadow, seemingly unaffected by the beginning of the new day. Flowers bent forward in

17. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Congratulations on finishing your first story! Now, you know you can do it! Good last chapter. I liked the family dynamics of Han, Leia, Alden, Luke, and Ty. The sequel should be fun to read. :)

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    A wonderful ending to a angst-free story! (which we all need) Lovely, sweet, and very, very nicely done! :D :D :D

19. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thank you, you two! I seem to have lost all the rest of my readers, but it's Friday, so it's all good.

20. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

Congrats on finishing your first fic, Princess :D

~Lelila @};-

21. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Great ending to a wonderful story! Nicely tied together. Looking forward to reading more from you.

22. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    Wow, I didn't even realize this was finished til I saw your post over at P&S.. Great job! :D VERY enjoyable. Congrats on finishing your first (long) fan fic!! :)

23. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thank you for the nice replies everyone, and for the wonderful feedback during the entire duration of this story. Eek! I can't believe it's been a year since I started posting this! Well, thank you everyone again, and hopefully some of you will stick around for the sequel (which I really am starting to work on again!). =D= [face_dancing] :D <--Me, because of all you readers

Solo_Fan - Thank you for being such a faithful reader. It definitely feels good to be finished with such a long story. I'm glad you liked the last chapter, and hopefully you'll continue to like the sequel. I'll try to work Ty in somewhere...somehow.

GreatOne - I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you as well for replying to every single chapter! Simply amazing! The angst-freeness was no problem, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Drama free is the way to be!

jedi-lelila - Thank you, and thank you for staying with this story for so long! It's quite appreciated.

dm1 - Thank you! Thank you as well for sticking around! Hopefully I'll come through with much more inspiration so I can continue writing these stories.

HerHighness33 - Well, I'm glad that I posted that the story was finished, then! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It definitely was a long fic, wasn't it? Thank you for reading!

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!!!!!!

24. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    That was WAY too god, I felt like crying it was so cute! I LOVED IT! GREAT JOB!:D

25. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thank you so much, HSG! Sorry I didn't see this earlier...but thank you for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.