main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That was a nice post. Ty now finally has a real place to live. :)

Great post!

2. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!

3. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That was a really nice post. And, was that Leia just hoping they would have a boy, or does she know something you haven't revealed yet? Looking forward to more! :)

4. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    I really should be going to sleep right now...

Sologirl - Don't worry, this is definitely not the end. I have no idea how long the story will be, but it will go through Leia's pregnancy and the birth and all that, so it won't end for a while. I completely understand the way you feel about all the stories about breakups and the like. That's the main reason I wrote this story - all the angst was starting to depress me.

HanSolo29 - Thanks! Yes, now Ty can have the childhood that Han couldn't.

Kab730 - Glad you're reading! :)

Solo_Fan - Thank you! Hmm...could the author be leading the readers on so she can surprise everyone later, or is she giving it away? The truth is, even I don't know whether she's going to have a boy or girl yet.

Sorry about any rambleage (I know that's not a real word), but I'm seriously half asleep right now (actually it's more like three-quarters asleep).

5. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
  6. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Next chapter later today. :D

7. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Wow, four posts in a row by me. That's not good...

Okay, here's the next chapter - a little bit of mush in this one. :)

Chapter 21

Han and Leia returned to their hotel room, feeling somewhat strange to be coming back without Ty. They knew that it was all for the best, however, and decided to try to make the best of their time alone. When they approached the door Han unexpectedly scooped Leia into his arms and swept her over the threshold. She tried to wriggle herself free at first but then just laid back into his arms and let him carry her. He danced her into the bedroom and gently placed her in the center of the bed. She smiled as he joined her and kissed her neck, wrapping his arms around her.

?Well, it?s tomorrow today,? he said as he kissed her cheek. ?And we didn?t have to wait to get to the Falcon.?

?No, and it?s such a shame isn?t it??

?Oh, yes, such a shame,? he said as he kissed her full on the lips.

?We?ve been waiting a long time, huh? For us, that is,? Leia said with a wink.

?For us? Yeah, a really long time,? he agreed, and then he turned his attention to Leia?s belly. He kissed her stomach reverently, placing kisses where his son or daughter was growing. Leia gasped in response and caressed his back lovingly; joyous to see again that he was so happy about her pregnancy. She thought that she heard him whispering to their child, but she wasn?t sure. She rather hoped not; he would be rather scary when she started showing if that was the case.

He caressed her belly with his hands one last time, and then returned to her mouth. She returned the kiss completely, and soon the two fell into a passionate, synchronous rhythm.

The next day the couple woke up and realized that they were going to leave Corellia today. They reluctantly got out of bed, dressed quickly, and packed their bags. They were surprisingly hesitant to leave the run-down hotel, but they were looking forward to returning back to New Alderaan; Leia couldn?t wait to tell everyone about her pregnancy. Hopefully Luke would be back from his Jedi mission by then, and perhaps Chewie would want to bring his family back to New Alderaan for a while. They couldn?t wait to ask him about his holofilm career. Leia even hoped that Lando would visit; she wanted everyone to be there when she made the announcement.

The flight back to New Alderaan was uneventful. Amazingly, they didn?t run into any asteroid fields or bounty hunters on their voyage. Han and Leia enjoyed sharing plenty of time alone together, and by the time they arrived back on New Alderaan they were eager to see their friends and family again. They knew that the first thing they had to do was meet up with Ty, Helena, and Gerry, and they still needed to contact Luke, Chewie, and Lando, but they were excited all the same.

The Falcon entered the atmosphere of New Alderaan, and Han turned on the comlink to request permission to land. Once they were cleared for landing Han docked in his usual spot.

Han and Leia disembarked from the Falcon expecting to go straight to the senate building to wait for Ty and the Bengleys, but were met with the unexpected surprise of seeing Luke at the end of the boarding ramp.

?Luke!? Leia shouted as she ran down the ramp and into her brother?s arms. ?I missed you! How did you know that we?d be here??

?Oh, just the Force,? Luke said with a wink.

Han then walked down the ramp and hugged Luke as well, producing the 3-D glasses that he had taken from Corellia Land.

?Here, Kid, I got these for you,? Han said with a smirk.

?Uh?thanks, Han. These will be really?useful.?

?No problem, Kid. And Leia will say that they?re stolen, but they really aren?t. They only requested that we not take them, so I didn?t break my promise.?

?Oh, sure, Han. I?ll believe that one,? Luke said with a brotherly nudge into Han?s side.

?It?s the truth! Well, anyway, why don?t you come with us to the senate building? There

8. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Can I tell you how refreshing it is to read a HAPPY Han and Leia story? There are none out there, believe me I have looked!

Very well done. I loved the part where Han was speaking to Leia's belly. Very beautifully written!

Keep up!! And UP! And UP UP! ;)

9. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm glad this is a happy Han/Leia story too! I'm also glad you are going to follow this all the way through Leia's pregnancy. Definitely appreciate the regular updates. Keep up the good writing!!! :)

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Agreed. Love the happy stuff. :D Keep up the great work!

11. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thank you faithful readers! :D

Sologirl - Thank you so much! Yes, there are absolutely no other H/L mush stories out there right now. I'll try to make this one extra mushy to make up for it. ;)

Solo_Fan - Thank you too! No problem with the regular updates - I can't stand waiting more than a day or two to post my chapters.

HanSolo29 - Thanks! I'll try to keep it up!

12. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Upsey daisy! :D

13. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Okay, so here's the next chapter. It's a little goofy, and I'll admit it's not my finest work, but hopefully you guys like it.

Chapter 22

They arrived at the senate building, a monolithic structure comprised of gigantic white columns and ornately carved walls. The structure was designed to appear ancient, and looked like it came straight from Alderaan. The group stood in front of the bustling area, waiting for the appearance of Ty, Helena, and Gerry. After waiting for about a half-hour, Ty and the Bengleys appeared and ran up to hug Han and Leia. Ty clutched each of his rescuers tightly, but also appeared to have become attached to the Bengleys.

?Hey, Ty, how?ve you been, kiddo?? Han asked.

?Great, Han. I really hope that you can get me adopted.? Ty said with a smile that could swallow a Death Star.

?We?ll see what we can do. Hey, Kid, I have something for you,? Han said as he produced the Endor play set that they had bought in Corellia Land.

?Oh, neat! Thanks, Han!? Ty replied enthusiastically as he moved to rip open the packaging.

?Before you tear that thing open and start playing with it on the ground, I want you to meet someone,? Han said as he motioned for Luke to come and stand next to him. ?Ty, buddy, this is my brother-in-law and best friend Luke Skywalker. Luke, this is Ty Glenner, our pal from Corellia.?

Luke extended his right hand for Ty to shake, but Ty just looked up at him blankly. Luke sighed. He would have to get used to being famous at some point. He put his arm back down and spoke.

?It?s very nice to meet you, Ty. You must be a very special boy if you?ve made friends with Han and Leia.?

Ty continued to stare.

?It?s okay, Luke, he?ll do this for about another day and then he?ll be alright. He just has to get used to you for a bit,? said Han.

Ty continued to stare.

?Um?Ty,? Han said, waving his hand in front of Ty?s face.

Ty continued to stare.

?He?ll be fine,? Helena said, wanting to change the subject. ?So, Leia, how is the baby doing? Giving you too much trouble??

?Oh, well, no?? Leia said, glancing over at Luke, who was now staring at her.

?So everything?s fine, morning sickness not too bad??

?Yes, everything?s fine. I?ve had a little morning sickness, but it hasn?t been too bad,? Leia said, looking sorrowfully at Luke. ?I?m sorry, Luke, I was going to tell you later today. Don?t you have any reaction besides staring at me blankly??

Luke continued to stare.

?I mean, it?s not like we?ve been keeping it a secret for months. We just found out during our vacation.?

Luke continued to stare.

?I?m so sorry, Leia. I didn?t know that you hadn?t told him yet,? Helena said, ashamed of herself.

?It?s okay, Helena, you couldn?t have known,? Leia soothed before turning back to her shocked brother. ?Luke, you?re going to be an uncle. Isn?t that great??

Luke finally pulled out of his reverie. ?Oh, yes! That?s wonderful! I just wasn?t expecting it, that?s all.?

?Well, it was bound to happen sometime or another with the way we?? Han?s suggestive comment was cut short as Leia quickly put her hand over his mouth.

?We can talk about this later, but right now I think we have an adoption to finalize.?

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_laugh] LOL!!! Luke and Ty both staring blankly! That was funny!

Great post!

15. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    ?Well, it was bound to happen sometime or another with the way we?? Han?s suggestive comment was cut short as Leia quickly put her hand over his mouth.

:D LOL :D

I love happy stories. Great Job!

:D :D :D

16. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Oops! [face_blush] I knew there was something that I was forgetting! Well, now the title is fixed so hopefully more people will know that a new chapter is posted.

HanSolo29 - Glad you thought it was funny! The next post is longer, and it's (supposed to be) funny as well.

starsailor721 - Welcome to the story! :D I love happy stories too, so you've come to the right place.

Back from the HSP boards, it's PrincessDaisy's tip of the day!

*When you're tired, do not wait until 11:00 p.m. to start on an essay due
    the next day that requires 9 quotes relating to the thesis.*

This has been PrincessDaisy's tip of the day!

17. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I'm glad you put on that you updated. Good posts! Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I didn't know anything new was up. I loved Luke's reaction to his gift! And yes, Luke, those 3D glasses will be very useful!!! [face_laugh]

18. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Ty got to see that even famous Jedi can go into a blank stare. Too cute! And Han's huge ego never fails, although he was being truthful. Lovely post! :)

19. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'll post the next chapter tomorrow.

GreatOne - No problem! I was pretty tired when I posted the last chapter so I completely forgot to update the title. Yep, those 3-D glasses are sure going to be useful!

Solo_Fan - Thank you, I'm happy you liked it!

20. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    No...it can't be...but it is! The HSP boards are back up! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Whoo-hoo!!!!! Don't worry, guys, I'll still post my story here, I'm just really excited right now. Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to let everybody know!

21. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    *jumps up and down in happiness over the fact HSP are back up!!! *** :D :D :D :D

22. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Uh-oh, I'm going to have to start writing more since I only have two more chapters written after this one (it's not the end, don't worry). I don't really know what I'm going to do now that the HSP boards are back up, but as long as I still have readers here I'll keep posting.

GreatOne - I know, I'm so excited! Last night I just went on the site knowing that I was going to be disappointed again, but they were back up! :D

Here's the next post!

Chapter 23

They all entered the Senate building intending to see Chancellor Mon Mothma. Once they received permission from the Senate to open an adoption center they would be able to sign the adoption papers and grant adoption rights to Helena and Gerry. Leia would talk to Mon Mothma, and if she approved of the proposal they would bring it before the Senate.

As they briskly walked down the hall they almost passed the leader of the Alliance, but luckily Leia did a double take and hurried over to Mon Mothma?s side.

?Mon!? Leia shouted, happy that she was able to find the venerable leader.

?Leia! Back so soon??

?Yes, Mon, we had a little change in plans. I won?t be coming back to work quite yet if that is acceptable, but I wanted to bring a proposal before the Senate and I wanted your approval first.?

?Sure, Leia, what is the proposal??

Leia turned to her husband. ?Han, why don?t you tell Mon about your proposal??

?Um?sure. Madame Chancellor??

?Mon is perfectly fine, Han,? Mon Mothma said with a genuine smile.

?Oh, sure. Mon, while we were on Corellia we met this little boy,? he said as he motioned to Ty. ?His name?s Ty. He?s an orphan from Corellia, and he wants to be adopted by this man and woman here, but there are no agencies on Corellia that will allow the adoption to take place. I wanted to propose that I create an adoption agency here on New Alderaan, and have Ty be the first kid adopted. I think that this would be very beneficial to the new government, and the planet in general.?

?Oh, Han, that is a wonderful idea. New Alderaan is in dire need of a place of adoption. Would you really be willing to be in charge of the agency??

Han nodded and let a lopsided grin cross his face. ?Yeah, of course. I love little kids, and I?ll have to get used to them with the new baby and all??

?New baby? Who?s having a baby?? Mon Mothma asked.

Leia blushed and glared at Han, quickly trying to divert her attention from the conversation in the hope that the Chancellor wouldn?t become suspicious and figure it out. She ?inconspicuously? whistled and stared at the ground while shifting her weight from her toes to her heels.

?Leia? You?re pregnant?? Mon Mothma asked incredulously. Leia blushed even redder when she added, ?You?ve only been married a few months!?

Han shrugged and winked, and Leia sighed. ?Why does everyone need to find out before I tell them?? she asked no one in particular.

Han wrapped an arm around her. ?Because you?re not exactly doing the best job at hiding it, Sweetheart.?

?Like you?re helping!?

Han backed away, having learned his lesson to not get on Leia?s bad side with her fluctuating hormones. ?Sorry, honey, it was just a slip??

?Everything?s ruined! I had this big plan. I was going to have everyone come to our apartment, and I was going to tell them all at once. Now Luke and Mon have both found out, and I wasn?t even able to tell them! Why does nothing go as planned??

?It?s okay, Leia, it?s life. Nothing can be planned perfectly or life would be boring. You gotta admit, it is more interesting this way.?

?No, it?s not. Luke?s feeling?s were hurt, and you ruined it for Mon??

?Why does it need to be a big production, anyway? I mean, they?ve gotta find out some time or another, right??

?Because it?s the most important thing in our lives, that?s why!? Leia said before clutching her stomach and putting her right hand over her mouth. ?Stupid morning sickness?I?ll finish my point later. You?ll pay for this, Solo!? she said before run

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, nice post! :)

24. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    I just love the fact that Han can't keep the news to himself, and that fact is driving Leia nuts. Han is going to make a wonderful dad and Adoption Agency founder. The man has confidence in spades. Good post!

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LOL!! Boy, it doesn't take too much to set Leia off these days! :D :D - Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.