main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I'm still loving it, even though I didn't reply often lately.

Great posts, especially the last one. LOL ;)

Keep it up.

~Lelila :)

2. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Keep up the good work Princess. I'm just loving this story. :)

3. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks, guys! Happy April Fools Day! (for about 5 more minutes) I almost played a joke on you all today, but I didn't have the heart to with all your nice replies. I got some of my friends good, though. [face_devil] I'll post the next chapter tomorrow, and hopefully I can write some more this weekend.

HanSolo29 - Thank you! :D

Solo_Fan - Thanks! Han's going to need to keep his mouth shut lest he provoke the wrath of Leia again. ;)

GreatOne - Nope. Han's not going to have an easy time during Leia's pregnancy. Glad you liked the post!

jedi-lelila - No big deal with the replies - I'm just glad that you're still reading. Thanks!

darkladyhannasolo - Thank you! I'll try to keep it up. Hopefully I'll get some inspiration this weekend.

4. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Here it is! :D

Chapter 24

The next day Leia brought the proposal before the Senate and it was passed unanimously. The Bengleys successfully adopted Ty, and Han was able to start planning New Alderaan?s adoption agency. He was in the living room of their apartment, jotting down some ideas for the agency in his datapad when Leia entered.

?Hi, Han. How?s the planning coming??

?Um, well, okay I guess considering the fact that I?ve never done anything like this before.?

?Can I see??

Han shrugged. ?Sure.?

She took the datapad from Han, and read:

Adoption Agency:
    ?Need kids
    ?Need a place
    ?Need money

?That?s it, Han? This is all you?ve accomplished in four hours??

?Yeah, well I said that I?ve never done anything like this before. How am I supposed to know what to do? There?s not exactly a section on planning a business in the smuggler?s handbook.?

?Let me help you, Han,? Leia said as she sat down next to him. ?Okay, the first thing you need to do when planning a business is research other businesses. You need to study other successful adoption agencies in order to have a better idea of what you should do for yours.?

?Study? No. No way. I ain?t studyin? no businesses. I don?t need to know what other people do, I need to know what I want to do.?

?First you need to study other businesses,? she repeated, a sly grin beginning to cross her face as she prepared to take flight. ?Then you need to work on your grammar.?

He tried to make a grab for her wrist, but she eluded his grasp by twisting to the right and running to the other side of the couch. He stood up and jumped toward her, but she ran back to the front of the couch, giggling. Han decided on an evasive maneuver, and jumped over the couch, grabbing Leia around the waist. She shrieked and tried to wriggle out of his arms, but he held her tightly.

?I ain?t got no problem with my grammar, Princess,? he said mock-threateningly.

?You seem to have never learned the rule of the double negative,? she rebutted.

?What kind of a scoundrel would I be if I did??

?A pathetic one.?

?See??

?But I happen to like nice men.?

?No use trying that one on me, Your Highnessness. You?ve disproved that statement way too many times now for that to work on me anymore, and it didn?t even work in the first place,? he said, inching his face closer to hers.

?Your grammar was pretty good in that sentence, Sir Scoundrel.?

?Who cares about grammar??

?I don?t. I happen to like a nice chopped up sentence delivered by my favorite scoundrel,? she replied, finally giving in to him.

?I ain?t gonna argue with that,? he said as he kissed her.

After a few moments, she pulled away, smiling. ?Save that for later, Han. You need to work on your business right now. You do need to sound responsible when you?re talking to prospective clients. When you?re talking to someone you don?t need to sound like a diplomat, but you should at least attempt to speak properly. You need to cut out the ?ain?ts? and the ?don?t need no?s? if anyone is going to listen to you,? she said seriously.

?But I can have poor grammar around you??

?Of course, I wouldn?t know who you were if you didn?t speak poorly around me.?

?One of these days, Leia,? Han said, shaking his fist at her.

?Ooh, I?m shivering. Okay, your list was actually pretty good, if a little vague. We need to find a location, raise funds, and find children who need homes. Once we do that we can start finding a place for those children to live.?

?How did I end up with such a beautiful, intelligent, and domineering wife??

?You can thank an old hermit, a moisture farmer?s nephew, two droids, and your father-in-law for that one.?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ?You can thank an old hermit, a moisture farmer?s nephew, two droids, and your father-in-law for that one.?

I loved that last line! In fact, the whole Han/Leia conversation in this chapter was spot on! Great job! :D

6. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    I loved that last line to. Actually the whole post had me cracking up. Han and Leia are so cute and you had their characterization and banter right on. I got warm fuzzies from reading :D

7. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    I always love a good H and L banter. Han's dialogue is so him! Need place, need kids, need money... that was great!

I am happy that this story is continuing on a happy path! It keeps my spirits up!!

Can't wait for the next post!

8. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LOL! That was a great post! I can just see Han starting to sweat about what a huge responsiblity he just took on. (not that it would change his mind!) And I've always noticed how Han could use perfect grammar when he feels so inclined! [face_laugh]

9. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Up! Thanks everyone for the replies! (I'll get to individual responses tomorrow).

10. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    HanSolo29 - I'm delighted (I decided that I write "glad" too much) that you loved it! That line was really fun for me to write, too. :D

starsailor721 - Awesome! That's great you thought my characterizations were correct - an author always likes to hear that. I love it when people think my posts are funny. Thank you!

Sologirl - Thank you! I love banter too. The story will definitely be happy the whole way through, though there may be some problematic situations coming up (nothing to worry about, though ;)).

GreatOne - Thanks! I'm happy that you thought it was funny.

And I've always noticed how Han could use perfect grammar when he feels so inclined!

Ah, yes. Han suffers from Scoundrelious Verbalious, an incurable disease in which the afflicted knows correct grammar, but chooses not to use it due to their scoundrel roots. ;)

Chapter 25

One week later?

Han and Leia were asleep in their bed when someone knocked loudly on their apartment?s door. Han sat up groggily, running a hand through his hair as he stood up. He glanced over at Leia, but she was still sleeping, exhausted from both her day at the Senate and her pregnancy.

Han grabbed his trusty blaster just in case the person outside wasn?t friendly, and slowly made his way toward the door. He looked up at the screen above the door to see who it was, and barely restrained a loud whoop of excitement when he saw who was there.

?Chewie! Lando! What?re you guys doin? here?? he asked in excitement as he slid open the door.

?Well, I was just taking a break from the toy business to come visit the newlyweds, and I found old Chewbacca here in the hangar bay. I guess we both had the same idea,? said Lando with a toothy smile.

Chewie growled in affirmation and swept Han into a bone-crushing Wookiee hug.

?Hey buddy, I kind of like my bones the way they are!? Han berated good-naturedly as he gently pushed his oldest friend away from him.

*How are you doing, my friend??* Chewie asked.

?Never better, Chewie. We?ve got some exciting stuff to tell you. Do you want me to go wake up Leia??

?She?s already awake,? came the reply from the doorway of the bedroom.

Leia looked disheveled, with her long brown hair in a mass of tangles and shallow rings under her eyes, but she was still beautiful.

?Well, hello beautiful princess,? Lando said as he dipped down into a bow and kissed her hand softly. ?It?s an honor to have you grace us with your presence so early in the morning.?

?Likewise,? Leia said groggily. ?Why are you guys here? I tried comming you, but I couldn?t get through.?
    ?I didn?t even know that you called. I just wanted to see how you and Mr. Respectable were doing here on New Alderaan.?

?Well, we?re doing wonderfully. Are you sure that?s the only reason you came? You?re not having troubles with the?toy business?? she asked with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

?No, no, business is great. Is stopping by for a friendly visit a crime these days??

?When you?re Lando Calrissian, yes. Well, it?s at least highly suspicious.?

?I should be offended, but my affable personality forbids it,? Lando said, grinning.

Leia decided to ignore him and turned to Chewbacca. She smiled broadly when she saw the enormous, furry Wookiee, and enveloped him in a huge hug.

?We?ve missed you, Chewie. Did Malla and Lumpy come to visit, too??

Chewie nodded, and was about to make a comment when he realized that something was different about Leia.

*You smell different, little princess. Is there something you need to tell us?*

?Well, yes. Han and I have an announcement to make,? she paused as she went over to her husband?s side and entwined her fingers with his. Finally, she could make the announcement! ?We?re going to have a baby.?

Chewbacca roared in excitement as he went over to the happy couple and grabbed them both in a congratulatory hug. He ruffled Han?s hair and

11. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    He had never imagined his old smuggler friend as a father. The idea would have been completely inconceivable had he not known how much Han loved his wife.

I think I must agree with Lando's view of Han. Great line. Good post! Love the positive vibes of this story.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It?s gonna be interesting seeing Han as a dad.

Yes, that it is. And I can't wait to finally see that happen. :)

Great post!

13. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    This is a wonderfully, happy story! So many evil authors these days are writing positively depressing stuff! ;) - Anyhoo... great chapter! It's a shame the Profic authors threw away a great opportunity to showcase Han and Leia as parents. Thank goodness for fanfic! :D

14. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Up! Individual replies tomorrow, and probably a new chapter.

15. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Solo_Fan - You probably won't read this since I know you're replying on HSP now, but thank you! Positive = good, in my opinion.

HanSolo29 - Thank you! I can't wait until I start writing that part of the story. Pregnancies are long, though, so it might not be for a while. :(

GreatOne - Yes, depressing seems to be "in" right now. But I'm never one to just follow the crowd. :D I agree, 'tis a shame that Han and Leia were never really shown as parents in the EU, besides a few tidbits here and there. I suppose it was just because they thought it too hard to weave a family plotline into a battle-based book, so they always sent the children away to be "safe." Though they always ended up being attacked or kidnapped anyway. *sigh* But, like you said, at least we have fanfiction.

Chapter 26

The next day, Han, Leia, Lando, Luke, and Chewie went to go look at possible places for the agency. They wanted to have it somewhere in the middle of the capital where as many people would see it and know about it as possible. So far there were several prospects, but nothing had quite hit them as being the place as of yet.

They were walking through one of the larger buildings; one they thought might be a bit too large for the small agency that they were planning. Leia, Luke, and Chewie had decided to explore one area, while Han and Lando explored the other. Lando, suddenly struck with an idea, turned to Han.

?Han, old buddy ? why don?t you have me help you with the planning? I mean I have the experience, you have the idea, it would be really profitable.?

?Lando, since when have profits been an issue to me??

?Well, always. You know, the whole ?I?m in this for the money? thing Leia told me about, smuggling, you name it.?

?And how long ago was that?? Han asked as Lando was slowly beginning to understand what his friend was saying.

?Uh, about four years ago?but profits are always important. I mean, you don?t want Leia to be the only provider, do you??

?Lando, no offense, but even if we did have money problems I wouldn?t want to get involved in one of your crazy schemes. Bespin wasn?t exactly a vacation for me, if you remember.?

?But it wouldn?t be anything like that! There?s no more Empire, no more bounty, no problems! C?mon, it would be perfect!?

?It?s gonna be a non-profit organization, Lando, something you may have never heard of. I?m not making any money from it.?

Lando?s eyebrows shot up. ?Non-profit? Why non-profit? I mean, you could just charge a fee or something??

?Sorry, Lando, I?m not changing my mind. You can just keep up with your toy business or whatever it is that you?re doing at the moment.?

Lando was about to plead some more, when they heard footsteps coming toward them. They both looked up, and a moment later a camera was shoved into Han?s face.

?General Solo, how do you feel about your wife?s pregnancy?? the man with the camera asked insistently.

?How would you know anything about a pregnancy?? Han asked, giving the cameraman a threatening glare.

?Um?a creditable source told me. How do you feel, General??

?I feel like I?m gonna blast your camera into bits if you don?t leave us alone,? Han said as he reached to his side and grabbed his blaster, which he pointed straight at the lens.

?Uh, Han, that might not be such a good idea. He?s a tabvid reporter, and you probably don?t want that on H.V??

?I know what I?m doing, Lando,? Han said as he turned toward his friend. By the time he turned back the tabvid reporter had run off.

?I hope that doesn?t backfire on you, Han. It could be pretty ugly,? said Lando.

?I?m not worried. Let?s go find Leia and the gang and get outta here. I think that the second building we looked at should be good, at least temporarily. Let?s go back to the apartment.?

They saw Leia, Luke, and Chewie ahead, all looking flustered. Chewie looked like he was ready to t

16. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Up! This was updated last night, but my computer was being really weird so I wasn't able to change the date on the topic. Sorry!

17. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Oh Han... that probably wasn't the best response to a reporter! *sighs* - Han is going to need people to trust him and think he is responsible if he wants to open up an orphanage, and not think he is some gun-toting hot-head! Oh, Han, Han, Han!

18. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hey. I'm probably not going to post here anymore, since it seems as if all my readers are just responding over at HSP. If anyone is reading here and wants me to keep posting, let me know. Otherwise I'll just be posting on Han Solo and the Princess.

GreatOne - Yeah, that wasn't the smartest thing for him to do. We'll just see what happens...

Chapter 27

As soon as they got back to the apartment, Leia flicked on the holovision. She turned it to one of the less reputable channels, sat down on the couch with her hands behind her head, and waited for the chaos to begin. Her husband had not quite yet grasped the concept of having a public image, and she thought that this would definitely be a wake-up call for him.

The screen flashed, and a humanoid female with scaly skin and green hair appeared. ?We have just received news that General Han Solo, husband of Senator Leia Organa Solo, has threatened one of our reporters.?

The screen then flashed to the image of Han shouting at the reporter, pulling his blaster out, and pointing it directly forward. He was scowling at the camera, and as he put his finger on the trigger the screen went black.

A second later the anchorwoman appeared on the screen again and she looked ahead seriously. ?It was reported that Solo?s violent behavior stemmed directly from claims that his wife was pregnant. Though we do not know for sure the reason this would have such an adverse affect on his conduct, it can be speculated that he may not be the father of the child.?

?In similar news, the claims that Senator Organa Solo is pregnant have been verified. When approached earlier today by the same reporter who was attacked by General Solo, she revealed the truth.?

An image of Leia popped up on the screen; she looked annoyed yet dignified. Her stance was in complete contrast to her husband?s.

?Senator Organa Solo, can you verify claims that you are pregnant? What are your feelings??

?I did not want to be approached in this manner,? Leia began. ?However, the claims are, in fact, true. My husband and I are both very excited, and wish that the press would leave us in peace.?

?Senator, can you explain your husband?s violent behavior earlier? Has there been a disagreement? Or is it something more??

?I have no idea what you?re talking about. My husband is possibly even more excited than I am about the pregnancy. You must have your information wrong, or have your issues mixed up. Now, I would appreciate it if you left us alone, as we have business to attend to,? Leia said as she turned toward Chewie and Luke. Chewie bared his fangs at the camera, and the screen went black again.

The anchorwoman spoke again. ?We can only guess on what the situation is between the Senator and General. All we know is what you have just seen.?

The news turned to a different topic, and Leia turned the holovision off.

?So, Han, now do you know that what you did was stupid? Because of this, we?re going to have to make a public statement explaining what you did and that we aren?t having marital problems. You?re going to have to learn how to control your anger in public, especially after you open up the agency.?

?Okay, okay, you?re right. But, what am I supposed to do, be nice to the jerk?? Han asked.

?Yes! When a reporter is asking you questions, they are recording you. That means that they?re going to put it out to the public, and you need to be on your best behavior.?

Han rolled his eyes in response, and Leia turned to Chewie.

?Well, Chewie, now that we?ve taught laserbrains a lesson, or at least attempted to, why don?t we go see your family? I haven?t seen them since our wedding.?

Chewie growled in response, and they headed out the door again. This time, a barrage of reporters and cameras met them outside.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry I didn't respond to your last post, I was in the process of heading home from college for Easter.

Anyway, Han definitely did make a mistake by pulling his blaster on those reporters. I have a feeling that the tabloids won't leave them alone for a long time since they surrounded them again as soon as they opened the door. But, I can't wait to see them meet up with Chewie's family--that is, if they ever escape from the reporters.

About posting over at the HSP boards, do what you wish. Now that I have been informed that they exist, it shouldn't be a problem to check it out there eventhough I frequent these boards more. :)

20. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Great post! Now they have LOTS of reporters waiting for them, thanks to Han! LOL!

As far as where to post, well, I read both places, but for some reason I don't have as many problems posting on this site. Over at HSP it gives me "error" responses a lot. But wherever you post your story, I will be reading! :D

21. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    I can see Han ready for a fight with the paparazzi all around him... that is sooooo Han!!

Great job Princess!

22. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Okay, everyone, I'll still post here. The only reason I was considering not posting here anymore was because I seem to have a problem with these boards, so I thought that if everyone was reading over at HSP anyway there was no reason for me to post here.

HanSolo29 - No problem with not replying to my last post. Yes, Han didn't exactly make the right move with that reporter - now he's going to have lots more to deal with. ;) They'll meet up with Chewie's family...at some point.

GreatOne - Thank you! Yup, and he thought that one reporter was bad! [face_laugh] That's interesting that you have more problems at HSP than here - the opposite's true for me.

Sologirl - Thank you as well! We'll just see what happens...

23. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Happy Easter! :D I won't have the next chapter up today because I will be very busy, but I'll try to have it up on Monday.

24. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Okay, this chapter is a little weird since I changed some things around in the middle of writing it, but hopefully you guys think it's all right.

Chapter 28

Leia sighed and pushed Han ahead so that he was standing in front of the cameras.

?Explain yourself, Han,? Leia said, exasperated.

?Oh, all right. But you owe me one,? Han said before turning toward the blinding lights. Jeez, you?d think that they would have developed better technology by now, Han thought.

?Hey,? Han started. ?What you saw earlier wasn?t really accurate. I mean, the guy just pushed up and got in my face and started asking questions that he had no business asking. It wasn?t my fault??

Leia elbowed him.

?Oh, all right. What I did was stupid. I should?a just answered the question, but I resorted to threats instead. I?m sorry.?

?General Solo ? what comments do you have on the state of your marriage? Is it true that it?s falling apart?? one reporter asked.

?No, absolutely not,? he said as he wrapped an arm around Leia?s shoulders. ?In fact, it?s better than ever. Leia and me are both really excited to have a baby.?

A reporter with a high-pitched, nasally voice stepped forward. ?General Solo, how can we be certain that you are telling the truth? How do you even know that it?s your baby??

?Hey, don?t you be bringing Leia into this. What I did to the reporter was my mistake, not hers. Leia is the most caring and faithful woman in the galaxy, and anyone who knows her, or even knows of her would know that,? Han said as his stance became stiff. His face was getting progressively redder.

?General Solo,? another reporter said, ?you never answered his question. How can we be certain that you are telling the truth? You just threatened a reporter a little while ago for asking about your wife?s pregnancy. What would make you do that, other than acrimony toward her condition??

Han responded through gritted teeth. ?I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that my wife is having my child. I would have no reason to lie about something like this, and I would be making it pretty obvious if my wife ever betrayed me, which she never will. I said those things to the reporter because I wanted my wife to have her privacy. I thought that she should be able to tell the public about her pregnancy whenever she wanted, and not have everyone find out this way. Obviously, I was wrong, and I?ll never to it again.?

?Senator Organa Solo,? a young, female reporter said, inching even closer to the couple. ?Can you verify what your husband has said??

?Yes. Everything that he said was true,? Leia said, and they began to go inside the apartment.

?One second, General Solo!? a fresh-faced boy said, rushing up to them. ?Is it true that you were going to open an adoption agency??

Han nodded.

?Are you still going to open it, now that you have discovered your wife?s infidelity??

Han could not believe what he had just heard. Was this kid seriously asking him this question? Either the boy was having major hearing issues, or he was just plain stupid. Han rose to his full height and began walking toward him, right hand on hip. The boy backed away slowly, eyes wide. Han stopped walking, and stared at the quivering boy in amazement.

?Kid, that has to be the dumbest question I?ve ever heard in my entire life, and I?ve been from one side of the galaxy to the other,? Han said before breaking out into hysterical laughter.

Leia, Luke, Chewie, Lando, and the reporters could not believe that Han hadn?t punched the young reporter. His laughter was even more puzzling. As Han sunk down to the floor, clutching his stomach, Leia grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

As soon as her husband was safely within their apartment, Leia turned to the reporters.

?That will be all. I can assure you that I have never been with anyone besides my husband, and any claims to the contrary are completely unfounded. I would appreciate it if you left us alone, and stopped trying t

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I replied on the other site, so I will say this - Han had better get used to reporters since he will be the husband of the future President! ;) (I don't think she is President yet in this story, right?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.