main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rags to Riches - Starring Han and Leia, COMPLETED! Author replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessDaisy2, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At least Han handled this encounter reasonably and didn't blow up at them again. And now I think it's Leia that needs to take some lessons from Han--afterall, she did shut the door in their faces. :p

Great post!

EDIT: I hate grammar...

2. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Note: I probably won't post again until Monday, because I'll be gone from Thursday through Sunday, and might not have access to a computer.

GreatOne - To answer your question, no, she's not the President yet. I agree, though, Han had better learn how to behave himself by then!

HanSolo29 - Thanks! Yes, Leia isn't exactly being Ms. Diplomatic, now, is she? ;)

Chapter 29

Once everyone was safely within the apartment, Leia looked at Han incredulously.

?Han, what just happened out there??

Han, still recovering from his laughing attack, grinned up at his wife. ?I just thought that what the kid said was hilarious. Are people really that stupid??

Leia smiled. ?Well, some reporters can definitely have hard heads?like certain Corellians,? she joked as she ducked the pillow thrown by her husband. ?People just like gossip, and with the war over and not much to report on the news, these people are going to be reaching for any stories they can find. This isn?t going to be the last time they come after us, you know.?

?Yeah. Do you think the kids will have a tough time with it??

Leia looked thoughtful for a minute, and then answered, ?Maybe?at first. I think after a while people won?t care all that much ? unless they?re like their father and go around threatening people, that is.?

?That would be good. I think reporters need to be threatened more often ? it makes life more interesting.?

?I seriously hope you?re kidding.?

?Yes, I?m kidding. Well, about our kids doing it, that is. It would be funny if other people threatened reporters, though.?

?Well, that?s fine,? Leia agreed and gave Han a quick kiss before turning to Chewie. ?Chewie, why don?t you have Malla and Lumpy come over here? I think we?ll have a hard time making it over to them now.?

Chewie nodded and went over to the com to talk to his wife and son.

Luke and Lando, deciding that the coast was clear, came over to Han and Leia.

?I?m glad you didn?t punch that kid, Han. That would have been really bad for when you open the agency. Not that any of this is good,? Lando said.

?Thanks, Lando. I guess,? Han grumbled.

Luke was about to say something, when they heard someone at the door. Han looked at the screen, and groaned loudly when he saw who it was.

?Don?t let them in. Whatever you do, don?t let them in.?

?Han!? Leia berated. ?Of course I?ll let them in!?

Leia slid the door open, and in walked (and rolled) See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo.

?Why, Mistress Leia, I have heard the most interesting information on my journey from the Senate! Is it true that you are pregnant??

?Yes, Threepio, it?s true,? she replied.

?Well, congratulations, Your Highness! I will be sure to update my programming to include the best childcare techniques. And Artoo will do?something.?

Artoo, feeling insulted, whistled something to Threepio that basically stated that a child would rather be jettisoned out of a ship?s garbage chute than be in his care.

?Why, you outdated pile of spare parts! As if you have the ability to care for a child!?

Artoo beeped in affirmation.

?You would not last one minute watching a child! They would?? Threepio managed before Leia cut him off.

?Thank you very much for offering, Threepio, but you don?t have to update your programming. I think Han and I can manage,? Leia said.

?But, Mistress Leia??

?Goldenrod, there?s no way in hell I?m going to let you take care of my kid,? Han proclaimed.

?Is it your child, Sir? I heard that someone else had fathered the child.?

?Threepio!? Han bellowed. ?One of these days??

?It is your child, Captain Solo? Maybe my circuits are malfunctioning. I was certain that I had heard that you were not the father.?

Han rolled his eyes and turned to Leia. ?I told you not to let them in, Sweetheart.?

Leia ignored the comment, deciding to help out the confused protocol droid. ?Yes, Threepio, Han is the father. The information that you heard was wro

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I loved Threepio's confusion! He just doesn't understand Human Behavior, does he? LOL. Wonderful post. :D

4. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'll just go ahead and reply now, since I'll be gone...

GreatOne - Thank you! No, Threepio has never quite understood human behavior, has he? Otherwise he would have thought that isolating the reverse power flux coupling was a little less important. ;)

5. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'm back, and I'll probably post the next chapter tomorrow.

6. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Just read the whole thing in a single sitting. A good Han/Leia fic tends to make me do that. :p

7. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I finally have a new chapter up!

Daughter_of_Yubyub - Just read the whole thing in a single sitting. A good Han/Leia fic tends to make me do that. It made me so happy to hear that! After coming home from my first day back at school after Spring Break, I definitely appreciated it. Welcome to the story! :D

Chapter 30

That night, after everyone had left the apartment, Han and Leia went to bed. As they climbed under the covers, Leia suddenly remembered something.

?Han, have you talked to Ty lately? I missed him tonight. He should have been here with the family.?

?Yeah, I talked to him yesterday over the com. I was just thinking that he should spend some more time with his new parents. Once he?s used to them, we can go over and visit more often.?

?I hope we don?t have to wait too long. Do you think we made the right choice, not adopting him ourselves?? She stared into his eyes, hoping to draw out his true feelings.

?You know I would have liked to adopt him, but we?ve talked about this already. The Bengleys didn?t have a child of their own, we do,? he said, gently placing a hand on his wife?s belly. ?They deserve a little happiness in their lives, too. And we?re going to be making a lot more people happy after we open our adoption agency.?

?If they still let us open one, after all that bad press,? Leia commented dryly.

?They will, unless they want to be facing three angry Wookiees, and one livid Corellian.?

Leia grinned, and tilted her head forward to give Han a kiss. His lips met hers with spontaneous passion, and after basking in happiness for a moment she paused.

?Do you think we?ll always be like this?? she asked in a whisper, overwhelmed with love for her husband, and terrified that what they had could fade in time.

?Do you really have to ask, Leia??

He held her chin in his hand, and kissed her deeply, entwining his other hand in his wife?s long tresses. As the kiss became more insistent, and passion engulfed her senses, Leia had absolutely no doubt as to what lay in their future. This was forever.

After they made love, Leia rested in Han?s arms, all negative thoughts pushed from her mind. All her thoughts were on Han, the new baby, and Alderaanian brittle crackers. She wasn?t really sure how brittle crackers had managed to enter her happy thoughts, but they were there all the same. She tried to push the thought of those delicious, sweet, and crunchy crackers from her mind, but her attempts were to no avail. The more she tried to ignore the tempting treats, the more the thought of them drove her mad. She had to have them. Sure, they didn?t have any at home, and no stores would be open now, but when was the last time Han let her down? He would get them for her.

?Han,? she entreated in her most sultry voice.

?Yeah, Leia?? he mumbled, on the verge of falling asleep.

?Will you do me a favor, if I give you a reward??

He woke up a little in response to that. ?Sure. Do you want your feet rubbed again??

?No. I want you to go to the store and get me Alderaanian brittle crackers.?

?What? You?re joking, right? No store?s open this late!?

?Well, maybe Luke has some. Or maybe Chewie ? Malla told me once that he liked them for some odd reason. Please?? she begged.

?Why can?t you do it? You?re not exactly bed-ridden. You?re not even two months pregnant yet!?

?But, Han?I?ll give you a reward, remember? And you?ll have my undying gratitude??

?No, Leia. I?m sure everyone?s asleep right now, anyway. Do you really want me to wake up Luke from his Jedi beauty sleep to get crackers??

?Yes!?

?Well, I?m not going to. You can do it, I?m going to sleep,? Han finished as he lay his head on the pillow.

?Solo!? Leia shouted, causing Han to jump back up. ?You are getting me those crackers right now!?

Han, knowing he could never argue when she used her ?princess voice,? got up and dressed quickly. ?Your reward had better be good, Princess,? he warned before w

8. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LOL! That was a funny post! You mean they don't have the equivalent of a 7/11 on Coruscant? :eek: - I always thought that planet was like Las Vegas, a place where everything was always open! [face_laugh] - I strongly recommend to Han that he find out places that are open all night, because he's going to be doing this A LOT!

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Heh heh! Poor Han!

10. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Okay, I've been Lurking on this story, and then I lost track of it, but now I'm back!!

?princess voice? --I love it! (now if only I could learn to DO it....)

finally finding them at Wedge?s apartment (who somehow still didn?t know about Leia?s pregnancy so the request seemed more than a little odd) --Histerical!!

I've actally recently fallen in love with Wedge.... um sorry, tangent!

Great post! ~Marsa

11. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks for the replies! I'll have the next chapter up tomorrow (hopefully by the afternoon).

GreatOne - Thank you! Actually they're on New Alderaan, so the nightlife isn't quite so prominent. I heard they were putting in a 7/11 soon, though, as they were getting numerous complaints about the lack of Slurpees on the planet. ;) And you're right, Han had better find some places open all night, or he'll be suffering the consequences.

Daughter_of_Yubyub - I know, poor Han! He's going to be having a rough time during Leia's pregnancy...

Marsa - Thanks, and welcome to the story! That's okay you've been lurking, I definitely know how that goes. ?princess voice? --I love it! (now if only I could learn to DO it....) He he. As the youngest child of four in my family, I'm pretty good at the doing the "princess voice," though they don't always do what I say... ;) Glad you liked the post! (And tangents are always okay)

12. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Uh-oh...I hadn't realized how long it'd been since I posted my last chapter! Okay, so it's only been a few days, but it's a long time for me! I'm sorry this chapter's really short, but I've had hardly enough time to breathe this week. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a nice long post for everyone.

Chapter 31

The next morning, Han woke up to find Leia sitting on the side of the bed, munching happily on the Alderaanian brittle crackers that he had procured for her the night before.

?You?d better enjoy those,? he proclaimed suddenly, causing Leia to jump and almost choke on the crackers she was chewing.

?I em enzoying zem, zanks, sthweetie,? she replied with a mouth full of crackers.

Han had to smile at that. ?So, the revered Princess of Alderaan has stooped so low she now talks with her mouth full??

Leia swallowed quickly so she wouldn?t miss the chance to respond with her own jibe. ?Some would merely blame it on the shady company she?s decided to keep.?

?Do you mean me, or one of your illicit affairs??

?Oh, the illicit affairs, of course,? she joked, glad that the whole media mess was becoming one big joke, rather than a big fiasco. Hopefully that would still be true when it came time to open up the adoption organization. She kissed Han quickly, and then went back to eating her beloved crackers. ?That was really nice of you to get these for me last night?or this morning. I would have gone crazy if I hadn?t had them.?

?Well, that?s good you appreciate them, because now Wedge thinks I?m crazy since I went into his place at 3:00 in the morning to get crackers. I?ll never live that one down.?

?Oh, I think you have bigger issues to worry about. Oh, Han, I almost forgot. Since tomorrow I have to go back to the Senate and you have to start setting up the agency, I got something special for us.?

?Oh yeah?? Han said suggestively. ?Like what??

?A holofilm!? Leia cried, clapping her hands together.

?A holofilm?? Han asked, wrinkling his nose. ?What?s so special about that??

?Remember that ride we went on in Corellia Land, where there was the droid that looked just like you??

?Yeah??

?Well, I rented the film! It?s called Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It?s from somewhere in the Unknown Regions. It?s supposed to be really exciting.?

?Well, it?s worth a shot?? he said somewhat doubtfully.

?It?ll be great! I promise.?

Leia sat down on the green, plush couch facing the holovision while Han was setting up the holofilm. He turned on the holovision, trying to ignore media coverage of what was now called the ?Pregnancy Problem,? and quickly put the disk in the player. As he sat down with Leia, she curled up next to him, grasping his arm and resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped a strong arm around her, and they waited through ancient advertisements claiming films were ?coming soon? until the feature presentation appeared.

13. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    HA! Now they are watching The Temple of Doom! [face_laugh] - I wonder if the holoreporters will think Leia is having Indy's baby, if they see that holoshow? :p

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
  15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Temple of Doom? That's HILARIOUS!

16. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    Sorry everyone, I was going to get another chapter up tonight...then I fell asleep. I feel really bad that I
    wasn't able to finish writing the chapter, but hopefully I can tomorrow night. If anyone has any ideas of things I can write about the Temple of Doom, or wants to see anything specific happen in the next chapter, go ahead and tell me. :D

GreatOne - They might think she's having Indy's baby...though wouldn't then her "mystery man" look just like Han? Thanks for the UP!

Daughter_of_Yubyub - I'm glad that you think it's hilarious! Hopefully you'll like the next chapter.

17. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'm sorry this has taken me so long to write. Also, any descriptions of the movie are horrible because I haven't seen it in such a long time, so instead of my descriptions imagine the movie in your mind as you see fit. Pick any scene, any event in the movie, and pretend it's playing on the screen. :D

Chapter 32

As the Temple of Doom title appeared on the screen, Han experienced a strange feeling of foreboding. Maybe this Force stuff was rubbing off on him, or maybe he just knew his wife well enough to know that she was not going to make this an easy experience for him. Any movie that starred a man who looked to be his clone was bound to be a source of ridicule.

When his ?clone,? who was said to be a human named Harrison Ford (whoever that was), appeared on the screen, Han relaxed for a moment. The man appeared to be an intelligent college professor. He guessed that maybe Leia could make a comment implying that Han was smarter than he acted, but he didn?t really see any harm in that. Instead of making a comment, however, she proceeded to laugh uproariously.

?What?s so funny?? Han demanded.

Leia stopped for a moment to look at him, but when she opened her mouth to respond, she only laughed harder.

?Seriously, what is so funny? Is it because he?s a professor? Is that it??

Leia was now literally rolling around on the ground laughing, reminiscent of Han?s behavior among the reporters.

Leia was trying to force out words, with great difficulty. ?It?s?just like?seeing you?as a teacher. So?funny?? she managed before she completely lost her ability to verbalize.

?Oh, so the mere idea that I have intelligence is that funny to you?? Han grumbled.

Leia?s lack of response (besides her continuing peals of laughter) was all he needed for an answer.

Han stood up and went to the door. ?I?m leaving. Obviously I?m not intelligent enough for this movie.?

?No?Han?I?ll?stop?I promise,? Leia stuttered, still convulsing with laughter.

?Only if you promise to be mature enough to watch the movie without making fun of me,? he growled.

?Sure?I?ll try,? she replied before breaking into another laughter fit.

?It wasn?t funny in the first place,? Han said to his wife as he kindly helped her back up on the couch. ?You?d better behave yourself.?

They began watching the movie again (though Leia would start giggling at random points, eliciting glares from her husband) ? now Indiana was running with a blonde woman and a little boy through some very unappealing-looking foliage.

?Why is it always a blonde in these movies?? Leia asked.

?Why not??

?Well, we brunettes need some representation too. We live in a Republic!?

?Maybe it was made during the Empire?s rule. It is pretty old,? Han suggested.

?That?s no excuse.?

?Okay,? Han said, afraid that if he continued his argument Leia would have another hormone-enhanced fit. Appeasement was the answer.

Turning her gaze away from the woman, Leia looked at Indiana, and then at Han, then back at Indiana, whose build showed majestically through his strategically opened shirt.

?You know, Han, Indiana really has a nice chest,? Leia said aloud, grinning as she anticipated her husband?s response. She was in an especially sadistic mood.

?What, and I don?t?? Han asked defensively.

?What, are you jealous?? Leia teased, ?He is more muscular than you are?I must say he looks pretty good.?

Han fumed silently, crossing his arms across his chest. He looked angrily in the other direction. He had agreed to see the movie, knowing that Leia would tease him, but he didn?t think she was going to be this annoying. What was it, ?make fun of Han day??

?Well, some of us have better things to do than work out all day,? he sniffed.

?You could work out a little more, though. You would look good with a little more definition, just look at him!?

?My ?definition? is just fine, thank you,? he replied.

Leia was now getting tir

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Awwww! That was so cute. Han takes teasing pretty good, considering. :) At least he didn't get too mad and leave the room in a huff!! [face_laugh]

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Heh heh, evil Leia! :p

20. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    I'll try to get the next chapter up tomorrow (as I've had absolutely no time to write lately). By the way, does anyone know if something is wrong with the website Han Solo and the Princess again? For about two days now my computer has been saying "the page cannot be found" when I try to access the site.

GreatOne - It's nice you thought it was cute - that's kind of what I'm going for. ;) I was considering having Han leave, but I didn't want to turn it into a big argument, so I thought Han could show a little patience.

Daughter_of_Yubyub - Evil Leia indeed!

21. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Great Story Princess!

Loved how Leia continually teases him! Priceless!

As far as the HSP forums, I too have been getting the 'no page found' and am not sure what is going on with it. I am worried because I love that forum!

22. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I've noticed HSP has gone down AGAIN! And this time, the main page is gone, too! *sighs*

23. PrincessDaisy2

Mar 14, 2004
    ¡Ay, no! That's very bad that the problems I'm having with HSP aren't just limited to my computer. Hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

I wrote the next chapter, and it's pretty much different than anything I've written lately for the story. It's probably influenced by the fact that I had to write three essays today, and am pretty much used to that style of writing at the moment, rather than dialogue.

Sologirl - Glad to see you're still reading and enjoying the story. That's too bad you're getting the same problems that I am. I love that site, and I don't want it to die! :_|

GreatOne - I'm upset that everyone is having these problems...at least last time we had all the stories and everything on the home page!

Chapter 33

Two months later?

The adoption agency was ready to open its doors today. After months of planning, renovating, preparing, and hiring, the day had finally come for the needy children of New Alderaan to have a chance for a real home and family.

Ty was there at the opening ceremony, as he was the little boy who had inspired its creation. He no longer bore the appearance of an orphan ? he was dressed up nicely in slacks and a button-up shirt, and had his hair neatly trimmed. The only part of him that resembled the old Ty was his shining blue eyes, and even those had changed. They held a light within them that had been missing before ? the light that is attained when a person knows they are loved, and love in return. Ty knew that he had a family and friends who cared about him deeply, and he wanted to help other children attain the happiness that he had found. He had decided that every day after school (he had proven to be a bright boy despite his lack of a formal education), he would help out at the agency. Han, the proud ?boss? of the agency, was happy that his little buddy was willing to participate.

As the ceremony commenced, Han would periodically glance over at his wife, whose pregnancy was now visible. It was not obvious, as she was only in her third month, but she now definitely had certain roundness to her belly that had not been there before. Han smiled with the thought of how many times he had had conversations with her belly in the last couple months, a behavior that the ?old Han? would have deemed as crazy. He still was not quite certain that his behavior was sane, but he held the conviction that his child could hear him speaking, and wanted him or her to ?hear the voice of the most important man in the galaxy? as early in their life as possible. He thought the fact that his wife was carrying their child was fascinating, and he made it well known, inspiring the exasperation of Leia and the ridicule of his friends. He shifted closer to Leia and wrapped his right arm around her, placing a hand on her belly, upholding his role as self-proclaimed protector.

Leia looked up at him, and Han felt an acute yearning for the ceremony to end. He considered it to be boring and useless, but had agreed to attend the government-sponsored event in order to help improve his image. He hated the idea of attending the ceremony for that reason, but he wanted to become more respectable in the eyes of the people for Leia?s sake. He was still suffering a backlash from his transgression with the media. Although they no longer doubted that he was the father of the child (it seemed apparent after he and Leia had been caught in an interesting position in the hangar bay storage room), they still talked about his threat of the reporter whenever they mentioned his name. He did not really see the correlation between threatening a reporter and attending a boring function, but he trusted that Leia knew what she was talking about. The part about the ceremony that annoyed him the most, however, was the fact that he was merely attending it, when he should have been organizing it. He hoped that the government would not be as intruding in the agency after it had opened.

Luke, Lando, Chewie and his family

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    AWWWW! That was great! But I do agree, Han should have had input in the ceremony! Poor Han! ;) - But hey, at least he was invited! :p Looking forward to more! :D

25. StarForce

StarForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Wow! That was a lot! Wonderful story PrincessDaisy2! I was going to try to read it on Han Solo and the Princess, but obviously that didn't work :(. (Does anyone know if there's going to be a new Han Solo and the Princess, because I keep getting "Home Page for www.hansoloprincess.com - Coming Soon". I hope it doesn't shut down for good!)

Anyway, your story is amazing! I'm so glad it's a happy story! :) There's never enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.