main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raiders IMAX release and all 4 at AMC

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FirstStarWars, Sep 4, 2012.

1. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Being the board was down, we didnt get to talk about this when the news came out. So who is ready to see Radiers in IMAX. Also for one day only AMC theater are showing all 4 movies back to back. I would love to see Doom again on the big screen but I cant set and watch 4 movies. Thats to long for me. I wish they would brake it up a little. I have seen Raiders a lot on the the big screen but should look amazing in imax

2. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I'm gonna go see Raiders on IMAX this Sat and I'm very excited for it. :cool: Unfortunately though, none of the AMC's in my area are doing the Indy Marathon.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Still debating whether I want to go or not.

Raiders is playing at my local IMAX theater and there's an AMC about 40 minutes away playing all the movies. Decisions, decisions...

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd love to see Raiders on IMAX. I haven't even checked local listings because I've been swamped lately.

I don't know about a marathon though, because I can't stand ToD. I'd love to see the other three on the big screen again.

5. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Unlike the PT and SEs in 3D, this looks like something that will catch my interest. I'm in.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's been so long since I've seen a Indy film in a theater, let alone an IMAX, I might just go see this if possible.

7. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    AMC only has small digital lie-MAX screens I believe.

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Im going first thing tomorrow![face_dancing][face_party]

Sadly there isn't an AMC anywhere near me but I will still be seeing the new print of Raiders on the IMAX screen!^:)^ I cant wait! So excited for both this and the blu-ray release! What a year for LFL releases/events. WOW is this great.=D=

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Saw it today. Drove three hours out of my way to go to a 70mm IMAX screen only to realize it was a LieMax screen. Movie was still awesome though. I saw things in the film I had never seen before.

10. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Saw it yesterday. It was a great experience! The picture was so big and crisp, and the sound was booming loud! It almost felt as if this was my first time watching it.

11. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Saw it last night with some friends from the San Diego Fan Force. This was the first time that I've seen it in a theatrical release. Awesome movie and made it better to see on the giant screen.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hoping to go Thursday night with my sons.

13. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm going in one hour to see Raiders. I was 4 years old when it originally released, so this will be my first time ever watching RotLA on the big screen(that'll only leave Temple of Doom left as far as Indy movies in the theatres for me).

I've got my fedora ready, can't wait to see my favorite Indy movie like I've never seen it before!

Duh da-duh Duuuuuh, Duh da-duuuh. Duh da-duh DUUUUUUUUUUH, duh da-duh-duh-duh.