main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Raiders of the Lost Ark in Berkeley

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by skye_solo, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Ooooooooookaaaaay! Saturday, then. Midnight.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry, I feel like I'm the bearer of bad news :( But aren't you all glad I checked my facts before posting info on the web site :D.

And we can get tickets online before it sells out!

I hope this doesn't ruin Robert's ability see the movie?

- Kay Dee

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    If we go Saturday night it means Robert cannot go. He probably can't take that night off because he is taking off all that time for Wondercon. I could go during the daytime either Saturday or Sunday if that works better for people.

4. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'll ask someone in person at the theatre if it will play Sunday night. Although what Kathy is saying does sound like bad news. It would be cool if we all can go see it together. When I looked online before (not using moviephone, or whatever) it looked like it played on Sunday night on Fandango. I'll check again to be sure. If I can get time available during the afternoon of one of those days I think it would help everyone, right? I will see what I can do.

5. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Okay, now I think Kathy is totally right about this time issue. I have today off so I'll go down to the theatre and ask what the exact times are, and how it's best to buy tickets. Maybe Sunday afternoon would be better for people? I may be able to work Sunday night, so it wouldn't be a conflict for me, and then Robert and Kathy can come see it as well.
    Oh, and if you like to come to Berkeley for good fabric, there's this really good fabric store on Shattuck called Stone Mountain Sisters or something , and it is a privately owned place, not a chain, and they've got lots of variety and good quality fabric. You guys might want to check it out. It's a block or two from the theatre too.

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    It does.:_|:_|:_|

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yup, I was there just yesterday! They didn't have a thing I needed, but they had great black twill for Han Solo when I made that!

Well, you can all get tickets on moviephone's web site for sure. Or call the box office. The tickets are already on sale (web site said they go on sale 6 weeks in advance of movie dates).

Sorry, I meant to post this link to moviephone.com in my original post about show times

http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?date=20060218&tab=showtimes&mid=3348

I guess once we agree on a date and time we can get our own tickets online (or if you are local go to the box office).

- Kay Dee

8. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I just have to see Raiders on the big screen!!! Anytime on the weekend works for me :)

JedHead1!! I believe the fabric store that Kaydee mentioned is called Stone Mountain Daughter. I saw some African mudcloth material when I was buying fabric there that could work for the costume you are thinking about...

9. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    There is a photo of Trisha shopping in Stone Mountain and Daughter in Dressing a Galaxy too!

Fabrics come and go though...

- Kay Dee

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    So have we decided which noon time show we are going to? Robert mentioned that he is leaning toward Sunday but I know Anne has to figure out her work schedule.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I usually work Saturday and Sunday nights, 2 - 10:30 pm.

12. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    So I guess that makes it a choice between Matt and Robert. lol Or else we could just go see it twice.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Can't Matt or Robert find someone to swap times with for that day? Would that be possible? I'm not sure if I am in yet. Too many variables going on and I got people to consider before I do anything.

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    My job title is Night Auditor, so I only work graveyards. I can do Friday or Sat at noon, but the Midnight show is out for me. Of course, we don't all have to see the same show together.

This was so much simpler when y'all didn't know about the movie.;)

15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Kay Dee - I don't know for sure that I'll be able to make it to this (it will depend on the final decision for day and showtime), but if I do go, would you be interested in carpooling? I live in San Jose, just a little off I-880. If you're coming from Los Gatos, I imagine it would be easy for us to meet up.

As far as my own schedule goes, I could make it for Sat noon, Sat midnight, or Sun noon. Unfortunately I don't get that Mon holiday, so if it turns out there is a Sun midnight show after all I'll have to pass on that one.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Wait a minute. I'll be getting off at 10:30 pm at the latest on Saturday anyway, so I can make it! :oops:

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Most likely different people are seeing different showings.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

hahaha nice Rob...

19. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, I think I can get Sunday at noon to happen. But then Matt will not be able to go to this showing. I can go to any midnight showing. It seems Matt would be out for either noon showing then, if that is his schedule. And midnight doesn't work for people who live far away. So, what shall we do?

I tried buying tickets in person the other day, but they are not on sale yet. So, I guess what Kathy said, you can get them online.

Maybe we could go to different shows of it. Some at one, some at the other, since it's hard to coordinate work schedules and such on the weekend.
    Times I can go: any midnight show (Friday, Saturday nights), and Sunday at noon.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I can only make it to midnight shows, most likely Saturday. I thought there wasn't a Friday midnight show though.

21. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I just went to Fandango and it does list a midnight show for that Friday...

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    So is there a settlement on a day and time?

23. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Do you guys prefer Friday at midnight or Saturday? I can make either show. I will go Sunday during the day too since Robert can't go at midnight.

So whichever night you guys want to go is fine with me.

24. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Ro Sham Bo!

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I can do either Friday or Saturday midnight. Anne, can I give you money this Friday to get tix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.