main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Raiders, Raptors, and Rebels: Behind the Magic of ILM

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by lowell, Jul 19, 2015.

1. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Raiders, Raptors, and Rebels: Behind the Magic of ILM
    Visual effects company Industrial Light & Magic inspired a generation of filmmakers and scientists. Hear ILM's story straight from founder George Lucas and others about the hoverboards, Terminators, and dinosaurs that are no longer the stuff of sci-fi.

Anybody watching this documentary on the Science Channel tonight at 7 or 10 o'clock? I heard you might get an inside look at ILM. It also sounds interesting. After all, it is ILM's 40th Anniversary and we should celebrate the initiative that George Lucas made to give us the greatest special effects we've ever had.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Is this a new one? And what channel is the science channel in xfinity Comcast?

3. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Yes, it's a new documentary and for xfinity comcast, the science channel is on 272 and science channel hd is 756.

4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Depends on where you live. My suggestion would be go into tvguide.com, put in your location and provider.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I watched it. It was cool- some stuff I more or less knew, but what I didn't know a lot about was the influence ILM effects have had on real life, like the development of the 3D printer, or even Photoshop.

6. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    John Knoll, one of the people in the documentaries, is the current CCO of ILM, he created Adobe Photoshop was his brother Thomas, and pitched the story of Rogue One to Kathleen Kennedy. He will also be an executive producer on that film.

AnakinColodin likes this.
  7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Very good documentary, makes you see how far special effects have come from back in the 80's.