main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rain Must Fall (OCs, 6ABY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SlaneTransportLtd, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlaneTransportLtd

SlaneTransportLtd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Title: Rain Must Fall
    Author: SlaneTransportLtd
    Timeframe: 6ABY, during Wraith Squadron
    Characters: Larana Devin (OC), Garik Sarlin (OC)
    Genre: Pilot fic, Romance
    Keywords: OCs, Imperial Warlords, Zinj, Harrsk
    Notes: Set on Storinal, soon before the Wraiths arrive.
    Summary: What happens after you're meant to be dead?

Well, after another long gap comes another fic! Hopefully far better than the first one. Later on, I may be running near the TOS, so some parts will be PM only. If you want to read them, just PM ;).

Anyway, on with the show! The first part is a bit short....

[b]Chapter One: Return to Storinal[/b]

[i]Too close...[/i] She thought. Another green blast from the chasing TIE. All because of a petty argument! They had, after all, had been sent to Storinal for a week?s leave. It wasn?t her fault that they ran into one of Krennel?s Squadrons in a cantina. Or that their Commander had started an argument with their commander, especially when they had too much to drink. And then their Commander insulting the other squadron. Although they did over-react, she thought.

Anyway, they had to run to the hotel and leave quickly, and now they were up here, getting shot to pieces.

She sideslipped port. Then, in another green flash of laser fire, one ion engine was hit. As well as the repulsors. [i]Oh great[/i], she thought sarcastically. That was the last thing she needed.

Her TIE Interceptor began to glide towards the densely-forested surface of the planet. She looked around, biting her lip. There was a small clearing to port.

?Larana?? a voice shouted. It was voice of Silver Squadron?s CO, Antel Seafire.

?One engine and repulsors out. I'm losing power on the other engine?, Larana responded calmly. ?I?m going to have to crash land?

?Good...? the transmission ended suddenly. Larana saw the fireball of his TIE falling to the surface. A memorial could come later. Survival came first.

[i]Luck[/i], Larana guessed in her head. Closing the com channel, she located a small clearing in the forest. [i]I just hope the force is with me. Here goes everything...[/i]

Her TIE Interceptor crashed into the soft, fertile ground, the spiked front edge of the panels ploughing into the soil. The Interceptor stopped with a jolt. Everything went black.

[hr]

So what happens next? It's coming in Chapter Two, out sometime soon.....

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Nice start :D

3. SlaneTransportLtd

May 20, 2005
    NYCitygurl: Thank You, Master......

Here is the second part.....

[b]Chapter One, Part 2: Escape[/b]

It felt like a splitting headache. [i]Where am I?[/i] she thought. A vista of forest dominated the view out of the viewport. The area not covered by soil, anyway. The dim light of dawn began to fill the cockpit.

[i]Somewhere on Storinal[/i], Larana reminded herself. [i]And I?ve been knocked out for how long?[/i] She glanced at her chrono. [i]Twelve hours. I am alone.[/i] She curled up in her seat. [i]What now?[/i]

Shaking herself out of her revire, she checked her flight belt. Blaster. Bacta patches. ID. Credcards. Credits. [i]At least I remembered them.[/i] She glanced at the cockpit floor. [i]My flightbag?s still here, at least.[/i]

Larana removed her helmet, and blew out a long sigh; blowing up a few dark brown hairs that had been thrown across her brow. She developed a plan in her head: First, get out of here, wherever here is. Second, remember which direction civilization lay. Third, head towards civilization, and finally, find a way off this planet and rejoin her ship.

[i]Well, the first part should be easy.[/i] Larana climbed out of the only seat and swung open the cockpit hatch. Picking up her flightbag, she climbed out of the remains of the TIE Interceptor.

The air was already warming up. The last few weeks, including the week when Larana was on Storinal, had had the highest temperatures in the last thirty years. There were problems maintaining Storinal?s galaxy-famous gardens on some parts of the planet. The summer was only now starting to cool down slightly.

[i]I can?t get it out of here.[/i] Larana sighed, walking around the remains of the tattered vessel. Charred scars of blaster hits drew darker lines across the panels. As she reached the rear of the ship, the damage to the engines became clear. It was certain the TIE wasn?t going to be moving under its own power again without a lot of work.

The angled front of the panels had dug into the ground during landing. Larana kneeled on the ground. It looked like the ship had run into something hard. It appeared to be a seemingly random block of permacrete.

[i]That stopped it[/i]; Larana thought, shaking her head in disbelief of how the block got there in the first place.

She touched her forehead, touching something she didn?t want to feel. Dried blood. It was time to get out of the crash site and find somebody that could help. Anybody.

Larana checked the edge of the clearing, and then checked the bright blue cloudless skies. There was nothing, not even the distinctive whistle of a repulsorlift. She was alone. There was no other option but to walk.

Larana opened her flight bag and pushed four ration packs into her combat belt, along with three spare power packs for her Imperial standard-issue BlasTech BL-44 blaster pistol. Glancing again at the forest, she checked for signs of movement. Everything was clear, Larana decided as she walked towards the edge of the forest.

4. SlaneTransportLtd

May 20, 2005
    So, onto the next part!

[b]Chapter One, Part Three: Bare Minimum[/b]

Dusk fell early in the forest. The already dim light began to fail between the tall trees. Larana had stumbled along the ground at least six hours, seemly getting nowhere. She guessed she?d been around in a circle at least once. And getting through the think forest was hard enough as it was. Her flightsuit was torn to shreds on the bushes, and her boots were holed after a difficult river crossing.
    Larana glanced in front. The trees suddenly appeared to stop yet again. She staggered forward, pushing up a branch of a small tree. The edge of the trees drew nearer. The thick undergrowth appeared to thin out slightly as she began to run towards the tree line. Suddenly, she edged between two trees?

There was a river. The setting sun?s orange rays played against the calm surface of the water. And the air felt a lot cooler and less humid. Two large birds took off from the water. And everywhere was peaceful. Across the river lay green fields, the shining grass reflecting the orange light of the setting sun.

[i]A welcome change[/i], Larana thought happily. [i]I need to cross before nightfall, and get rid of this kriffing flightsuit! I don?t think I?ll be needing it any more...[/i]

She untied her long dark brown hair from its bun, and after unclipping her flightbelt and removing her wrecked boots, she slipped out of the ragged flightsuit.

Larana then reached down and picked up her flightbelt. She might need it later. She ran towards the river and splashed into the water. It felt amazing, now that water was again flowing around her body. [i]And I need it to fit into my Terms of Service[/i], Larana guessed,[i]Odd really, but well...[/i]

Larana scrabbled up the riverbank, the darkness now almost visibly falling around her. The single light of the house shone brightly, a beacon in the falling darkness. She reached for her blaster. Her trusty BL-44 was still intact. Whether it still worked was another matter. Relieved, she sprinted across the field towards the house. The single light continued to shine in her face. She looked ahead. A tall, thick hedge surrounded the house.

Larana looked both directions down the track. Nothing appeared to be moving in either direction. She stealthy slipped onto the muddy track, and ran, staying close to the safety of the thick green hedge. The track was still silent. She reached a gap in the hedge. She glanced through the gap. A well-worn muddy path led to the front door of the house. She quickly glanced along the road in both directions, and slipped between the gap in the hedge, running down the path towards the front door of the house.

She knocked on the heavy wooden front door. The door opened, revealing a dark figure.

[hr]

Onto the next part, out sometime soon......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.