main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rainbow's End: Versé's Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    *furrows brow*

We're either two years or one year to AotC. I really have no idea. Does anyone know how old Versé is? Wait...she's 22...2 more years to AotC...okay, good... [face_mischief]

Don't make me cry now Obischick! ... [face_plain] ... :( ... :_|

LOL, Knight-Ander! [face_laugh]

I vill post soon!

I know this will be a double post, but it's the end of the page thingie.

2. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Oops, I'm kinda late reading that last part. Good post though, Yané! I loved the part about the yellow house. :) I'm looking forward to more, though I know the end will leave me feeling sad. :_|

3. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Anyanka-It will leave me sad too! :(
    This fic is in for some major reform, though. I've noticed that I don't have enough about Theed, Naboo, and her handmaiden-y duties. So, meanwhile, since you like this story so much, why not try my Handmaiden Yané one? And my Syal Antilles fic? Both have links in my bio! :)

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
  5. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up on your other fics, Yané, I'll try to check them out this weekend! :)

6. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Hi Yané, here are a few comments, like you asked for. If you're not sure what to write about, you could try writing a bit about Versé's duties as a handmaiden, or her relationship with Padmé, Dormé, and Cordé. That would be interesting. :) Sorry I don't have much more to suggest right now, but I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Oh yeah, and UP! ;)

7. Obsessed_wj1112

Obsessed_wj1112 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2002
    Hey nice story Yane, guess who this is LOL

8. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks, Anyanka. I'll keep that in mind for the edits and for the next posts.

And today I have a post for you!!

Ah ha! I edited it!!

Hopefully this edit is better?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 26
    The Lucky Tusk cat

Versé didn?t know quite what to think. Her? Pregnant? Joy mingled with disbelief bubbled inside her. She walked slowly into the dining room, where Narina was poring over colors. Narina looked up as Versé entered.

Narina furrowed her eyebrows. ?Are you all right, Mrs. Jakeen??

Versé sat down as if in a stupor. ?Yes?I?m?I?m?.pregnant.?

Narina smiled. ?Congrats. But?isn?t there someone you should tell this great news to??

Versé looked at the woman. ?Huh??

Narina propped her chin up with her hands and raised an eyebrow. ?Your husband??

?Oh! Yes! Of course!? Versé stood up quickly. The chair she had sat on fell down with a clatter. Versé looked sheepishly at it before setting it back.

Narina began to gather her belongings. ?Well?it seems we?re finished here. I?ll see you soon, then.?

Versé saw Narina to the door and then ran to Riv?s study. She smiled as she entered, for she saw that he was snoring in his easy chair. Quietly coming up behind him, she covered his eyes with her hands.

?Guess who?? she breathed.

Riv stirred. ?Ver?sé??

?Good evening, darling.?

?Why is it good?? Riv asked, craning his neck to look at her.

?Someone?s going to be a father?? Versé said suggestively.

?Really? Who??

Versé rolled her eyes. ?You, you idiot.?

Riv yelped strangely. ?Really? You mean it??

?No, I was just kidding. The neighbor?s tusk cat is.? She sarcastically replied.

Riv grinned. ?Lucky tusk cat.?

?Lucky you. Well, I have to go to the doctor?s for final checkups and whatnot.?

?Then let?s go!? Riv exclaimed excitedly.

?What? Now??

?Yes! Come on!? With this, Riv dragged his wife out the door. In no time at all, they were in their speeder and off the to the doctors.

After the tests, Versé and Riv were sitting in the office while the doctor told them the results.

?Well?it turns out that?? the doctor began.

?Yes? What happened?? Versé asked quickly.

The doctor smiled. ?You won?t be having a child.?

?What?!?

?You?ll be having children.?

Versé sighed with apparent relief.

?Triplets, in fact,? the doctor continued. ?A boy, and two girls.?

EDIT: Gah. There we go.

9. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Finally! A new post!

*throws multi-color confetti, minus the color yellow in Versé's honor*

Very good update, Yane. Yes, it does read a little weird, but I'm the easily forgiving type. :)

Again, well done.

10. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks, KA.

Yeah...it's too formal... [face_plain]

11. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, a baby girl, eh? Hopefully she will grow up and be a great fighter and kill Fett for what he did to Verse!

12. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Hopefully she will grow up and be a great fighter and kill Fett for what he did to Verse!

"Vengence is mine," sayeth the daughter of the handmaiden. :D

13. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Yay, a new post!

What's going to happen to Riv and his daughter when poor Versé dies? :_| Heh, I like bobilll's idea. Sequel, Yané? ;)

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    *wide-eyed innocent look*

Sequel? What be this strange thing you speak of?

:p Just joking. Actually, I am planning a sequel...am plotting the ideas for it so it won't dry up too fast or have to be turned into a vignette...

Well, glad you liked this "weird" post...I should add thee's and thou's...should I not?

:p

15. Scorponok02

Scorponok02 Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2002
    Whoa! This story is really good. I never thought that you could write something like this.. by the way, you're losing your spelling skills ;)

16. YanetheRedNosedHM-

YanetheRedNosedHM- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
  17. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    You know.... I actually like yellow. But I must say, a whole house of it would be rather disturbing :p

Yes, yes. I finally caught up on your story Yane :) Surprised?

Oh, a baby! How fun! :) So a part of Verse will live on, even when...**sniff**

**goes for tissues**

I'll be back after the next post

;)

18. YanetheRedNosedHM-

YanetheRedNosedHM- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    :eek: :eek: Sach!!!

LOL, Sache8! Can you believe this...I like yellow too! :eek:

Heh heh...spoiler here! She's actually going to have three kids

19. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Gyaah! I have no willpower so I read that spoiler, Yané. :eek: I really can't wait for more now!

20. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    LOL, Anyanka. [face_laugh]

Well, here's more! :)

Chapter 27
    A Reason Not To

Versé groaned as she realized that she would not be able to sleep in that morning. Beside her, Riv seemed to have come up with the same realization.

?Lovely?? Versé began.

?Work today,? Riv finished. Both smiled sleepily at each other and then slowly, but surely, got up from the comforts of a soft bed. Breakfast was soon fixed and eaten, and the Jakeens were dressed and out the door in less than half an hour.

The Palace loomed into view and the Jakeens made a left to park in the lot. To the right of them, a cheerful and fully woken Dormé greeted them, smiling.

?Good morning, Versé, Riv,? she said.

Versé rubbed her eyes. ?How in the Force can you be so darn?awake???

Dormé laughed. ?It?s back to work, you lazy curs!?

Riv came up behind Versé.

?She?s up to something.? He noted.

Versé didn?t reply. Riv had to nudge her from wistful sleep before they entered the Senatorial Wing. Riv waved farewell to Versé as he went off to the Security Department, and she continued to Senator Amidala?s suite.

Cordé had already got the Senator up, and was starting on her dress. Versé moved to ready the makeup, but Padmé stopped her.

?No makeup is required today, Versé.?

Versé exchanged puzzled looks with Cordé, stared stupidly at the makeup in her hands, and then finally put the makeup back in its station.

Dormé came in whistling happily. Cordé, Padmé, and Versé, without thought, joined Dormé in the whistling of the jaunty tune. Soon all four were smiling and laughing, having caught Dormé?s infectious mood.

?All right then, out with it, woman! What?s up your sleeve?? Versé threatened with a not-so-sharp hairpin.

Dormé ran away in mock horror. Versé tackled Dormé into the cushions aligning the circular window seat. Lightly stabbing Dormé?s fashionable bun, she cried once more,

?Out with it woman!?

Heaving with laughter, Dormé gave up. ?All right, all right!!?

Satisfied with her successful endeavors, Versé waved the hairpin threateningly once more before retiring it to her pocket.

Dormé half-heartedly patted her bun, before speaking. ?I?m?I?m?? she started.

?Yes?? Versé made a motion as if to retrieve the pin.

Dormé?s face twisted into mock panic before she continued. ?I?m going on a date.? She said in a rush.

?So?? Cordé asked. ?What?s the big deal? Unless?? An impish gleam came into her eyes.

?No, Cordé! It is not your brother!? Dormé protested.

?Sure?? Cordé allowed sarcastically.

?Then who is it?? Padmé said, now quite interested while Cordé fixed her hair.

?It?s Typho??

?Typho?!? Padmé exclaimed in surprise.

?Typho?? Cordé mused, searching for a face to put the name to.

?Typho!!? Versé squealed girlishly.

Dormé blushed violently and hid her face in a pillow. ?Yes, Typho,? came the muffled reply.

Realization dawned on Cordé. ?Oh!! The head of security!?

?Um?duh?? Versé quipped. She then stared at Padmé?s outfit. It was maroon in color, with long sleeves. Gold fabric lined the shoulders, and the skirt was short and more like full, flowing pants than a skirt, really.

?What?s?that?? She asked in wonderment.

Suddenly, five women dressed in the same manner burst through. Sabé, Rabé, Eirtaé, Saché, and Yané came in talking all at once.

?Does this make me look fat?? (Eirtaé)

?I cannot believe these still fit!? (Rabé)

?They made new ones for us, remember?? (Saché)

?Finally I get to wear one of these!? (Yané)

?I don?t have to wear that awful headdress anymore!? (Sabé)

Sabé held up three outfits similar to the ones they were wearing. She grinned mischievously.

?We loved these dresses so much that we decided to bring them back for your training!?

?T-T-Training?? Versé sputtered.

?Yes, my dear cousin,? Sabé said smiling, ?Training. Ready your pistols, ladies.?

Time seemed to slow as she remembered the day of the Theed Invasion. Guns and droids, everywhere. In the stree

21. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Note to self: Never carry a hairpin around dangerous handmaidens!

Oooh, training, this should to be interesting! hopefully Verse can keep herself safe!

22. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hehehe.... Dormé and Typho. ;) They make a very cute couple.

23. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    ?I don?t have to wear that awful headdress anymore!?

LOL! Lovely post, Yané! :D I really enjoyed the interaction between the handmaidens. Good idea making Versé an advisor now that she's pregnant.

Heheh, Dormé and Typho, sitting in a tree.. [face_love]

Can't wait for more. :)

24. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    bobill-LOL! Don't worry...she'll be fine. ;)

Sache8-Heh heh. They do, don't they? I remember in the RHS thread some peeps were talking about how they would make a cute couple...I think it was you...anyway, I remembered that and decided to put it in my story.

Anyanka-Why thank you! :) Are you sure about that? I mean...heh, a pregnant advisor? :p

Oh, gah...you guys are all gonna hate me when I finish this story...good thing there's a sequel... [face_plain]

My "spoiler" isn't really a spoiler anymore...

Anéwaé, I was thinking that the prologue was kinda cheesy but that's really the only reason I named it "Rainbow's End". I was thinking of just renaming it, "Versé's Story". What do you guys think?

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Interlude

Was this what it was like then, he wondered, to die with your whole life ahead of you? The pain wouldn?t allow me to get up?to return to his wife?he wanted so badly to hold her, kiss her?but he couldn?t. The moon was known for its many deaths?but he never expected himself to be one of them?

?What shall you name your children?? Dormé asked one day as she walked with Versé in the park.

?The girls shall be named Selona and Melona, for the months that Riv and I were born in,? Versé answered idly as she gazed at the greenery about her.

?And the boy??

?Telon. Telona was too?girly for a guy, so we shortened to Telon,? Versé said wryly.

Dormé chuckled softly and the two continued their leisurely stroll.

?When are they returning?? Dormé thought aloud.

One of Naboo?s moons was having a miners? dispute that had dragged on for months. Queen Jamillia had decided to send some high-level security to settle this thing once and for all. Padmé had offered her security officers, since she wouldn?t be doing anything high profile.

Versé laughed awkwardly. ?Not soon enough.?

When Dormé and Versé returned to the Jakeen mansion, they were met by a clearly shaken Typho. Dormé rushed to Typho?s side. Versé stood stock still at the edge of her living room. Typho looked up at her.

?He?s dead,? He managed at last.

Versé fell in shock, the babies kicked, and shed tears inside the womb. An inhuman shriek of despair let loose from Versé?s lips. Tears coursed down her face, and sobs wracked her body. Dormé rushed to her friend, and held her?until the storm past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.