main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rainbow's End: Versé's Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do! :)

Awww, Riv died! :( How very disappointing. Especially since we all know... **gulp**

Maybe I could just leave it unsaid.

I love the twins being named after the moons. Are the names of the moons canon? I've never heard them before.

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I was thinking about the sequel...and then I was thinking, "Wow! I could kill someone else off! Like...Telon or something! He could be on Alderaan when it exploded! Or be one of the Rebels on Tantive IV who gets killed!"

WHAT?????? WHY YOU LITTLE...

And then I thought..."Jen, get off this killing track now."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! As you can see, I DON'T LIKE DEATH!!!!!!!IT'S TOOOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!

Wait, from the sound of this, does it mean that Verse... WON'T be on the ship when it explodes? That Verse's... afraid to say it... safe?

*silence while contemplates*

*burst into a happy dance and scares entire family*

*calms down again, sort of*

Can't wait to see what's next!!!!!!

3. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    My goodness dear!!! You have been so busy since I've been away!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

RIV'S DEAD??? :_| :_| :_|

**sniff** Now, why did you have to go and do a thing like that? Why can't he live and be a father to his children instead of them being orphans?? **sniff** :(

Loved Dorme's speech to get Verse off her butt, very emotion-filled.

Wonderful posts all around, but I'm so sad that it's coming to an end. :(

~Obischick

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another great post, Yane.

I like Hesté, and wouldn't mind hearing a little more about her, she sounds like a great character.

"Is Mommy?s wittle babwé happy now?? LOL [face_laugh] Nice use of the accented e. :D

All seems to be right in Versé's world, although being left out of the trip has got to hurt a little. What does that Senator Amidala want Versé to be? A mother or a handmaiden?

Once again, great post. Doesn't look like you have to edit it too much. :)

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Anyanka-Thanks! And yes, it's really cool that she does get to spend so much time with her children! And urm...I think I confused you. She gets a month off from work to spend with her kids. And she gets about a year total with work to spend with her kids. I think there will probably be two posts, maybe three...but most likely two. So there's probably one more post left... :(

Sache8-Actually, they're the names of the months, not moons. :) And I don't know if they're canon. I posted a topic on the Writer's Resource place asking about Galactic Months, and that's where I got it from.

bobill- :( Sorry to burst your bubble...but Versé is still *gulp* dying. Just...no one else is.

Obischick-Yes...I have...and :( yes, he is. :_| And to tell the truth...I was at a dry point. And er...blame the muse! It was the MUSE! :D And thanks! :)

Knight-Ander-Thanks! I'm glad you like Hesté. :) And who knows? I just might bring her back! ;) Heehee...thanks. :D Well, see...with the edits, I think I'll make her more of a handmaiden than mother and wife. One of the things that I forgot to put in the story was...in-laws!! :p I forgot all about Riv's parents and family! That could have provided inspiration for dry points or added stuff to the story!! Ack.

I'm working on the second part and will post it when I'm done! Which will be soon...I think...I hope...

6. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
  7. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    And... UP! :)

8. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Well...I haven't worked on Versé...but I have worked on Melona's story...would you guys like an excerpt or no?

9. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Excerpt, please! :)

10. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok...here goes...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ancient Naboo legend tells of a farmer who was given three seeds by a beautiful woman who inhabited a crystal palace near what is now Gungan territory. It was during the Time of Great Suffering, and the farmer had deserted from the Naboo army. Wandering for days, he happened by chance upon the Crystal Palace. Taking pity on the poor man, the lovely woman opened her fair gates and let the man in.
    Upon hearing the man?s account of the affairs of Naboo, she was distressed to hear what had happened to her beloved planet.

?I have shut myself for far too long! While I rest in this place, my people are killing each other!?

At last, she reached her decision. It would risk her life, but she was willing to take it.
    She gave the farmer three seeds?the three seeds of peace.

?Scatter them to the winds, and they will take root and blossom. Soon, peace will come about again. But?even if one tiny seed does not do so, the peace will not last. And if all three do not bear fruit, I shall die.?

The farmer was distressed to hear of this, but she commanded him to do as she told him. And so he did.

The first seed landed in lush earth, and sprouted. The second, burrowed too deep into the ground and did not bear fruit. It burrowed deep into the ground, trying to internally root out the evil. But the third?the third did indeed sprout, but it bred malcontent, not peace,

And so the good lady died, and her crystal palace withered away. The Time of Great Suffering ended?but to the cost of the Lady of The Crystal Palace.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My mother was a handmaiden. Others may boast that their mother was queen, governor, princess, or senator. But I boast that my mother was a handmaiden. In her brief service, she served Senator Amidala, who is still respected, even long after the Clone Wars. During her term as Queen, the Trade Federation had invaded Naboo. But the Queen, her five handmaidens, and a ragtag group of security officers valiantly drove them off with the help the Jedi , who are now all but extinct. The Empire has seen to that.

My mother knew great grief in her life. Her first love was taken from her by an unknown evil force. Her second love, my father, whom she married, had been killed by spice miners on one of Naboo?s moons. She almost did not recover from that. She gave birth to us (myself, my brother, and my sister) only a month after my father?s death. A year and three months later, she was killed during an assassination attempt on Senator Amidala.

How do I know all these things about the mother I barely knew? Mere memories?of a loving and kind maternal woman?But Aunt Dormé and Grandmother Vilana have not let me forget. I am the only one of my siblings who actually listen to their stories about Versé Vilana Cabaré Jakeen.

Around this time of year, I always seem to hate my sister more, to find every single little error as hateful as turning in a Jedi to the Empire. Because, around this time of year, is the season our mother died. Aunt Dormé has told us countless times the tale of our mother?s death?the entire story including the bounty hunters hired by the despicable Trade Federation, the corruption of the Senate, and my mother?s last words.

?Tell Senator Amidala I?m so sorry I can?t be there for her?tell my parents I love them?Tell?tell?tell my babies I?m so sorry I can?t be there for them?Oh, you?ll be the only left now Dormé?I?m so sorry?I?ve failed everyone??

I see it vividly. The setting, the wide, wide world of Coruscant?upon a durasteel landing platform surrounded by raining shrapnel from the burning ship, flames riddling its surface, men and women searching for bodies among the dead and burned, Amidala saying farewell to her loyal decoy, and my mother, on the platform burned so badly the pain won?t let her breathe?and Aunt Dormé?crying so hard her tears rivaled the largest waterfall in Theed.

I don?t want to forget. Ever.

11. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    I love it, Yané! A very well crafted introduction to Melona's story. It was lovely before, and now it's even better! The parts you added do a great job of introducing us to Melona's personality and beliefs.

I can't wait for more. :D

12. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, talk about dramatic! So what's with the sister, just being mean? Hmm... that can't be good. So is this around ep three time? Is Padme in hiding? Where is everyone?

13. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Very good excerpt, Yane, but the question is... which child is which seed?

Hmmmm....

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Anyanka-Why thank you! :D

bobill-In good time, m'dear, in good time... ;) [face_mischief]

Knight-Ander-Ooh! Someone actually caught onto that! :D Awesome! :D

15. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    but the question is... which child is which seed?

Ah, I can't believe I didn't catch on to that! [face_blush] Great idea, Yané!

UP!

16. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
  17. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Oooh! Very intriguing tease for the next story. I loved the use of the legend, it kind of reminds me of Jesus' parable of the sower in the Bible.

18. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    UP and over the rainbow. :)

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Now, really, Handmaiden Yane, you must finish this story, or I don't know what I'll do!! :(

20. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm sorry. :( But... THE MUSES WON'T MOVE ME...... :(

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    That's because you're signed on with the wrong user-name. :p

22. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Teehee. No, not really...but I do have a post I can post...probably later today...at the very least, sometime this week.

23. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, here it is...the long awaited post. It's not the last one, but the second to last...I'm not really satisfied with it, but I'll see what you guys think. :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 30
    Rainbow?s End
    Part Two: The Last Tableaus

The small birthday party clapped wildly as the triplets blew out their single candle on the small, pink-frosted cake before them. They had grown into beautiful children. Melona had golden red hair, and sparkling amethyst eyes, just like her mother. Dimples showed when she smiled, and she was always smiling. That, or laughing. Melona was the sweetest thing, always bestowing gifts (ie: a twig, a blade of grass, her mother?s spatula) or giving sticky kisses. Selona was identical to her sister, except that her eyes were more mischievous, and she tended to be more solitary. Telon had black hair, and gray eyes. He had a cleft chin, and was very stubborn. His quick temper gave way to screaming tantrums when he couldn?t have his way?which was rare. Truth be told, Versé did tend to spoil Telon but no one rebuked her for it.

Telon gleefully pushed Melona?s face into the cake, which set her crying. Selona stared blankly around, before joining in. Soon she was crying and smearing pink icing all over her face. Not wanting to be left out, Telon smashed his face into the cake and was pink too. He laughed gleefully.

?Oh Telon! You bad boy!? Versé half-teased as she wiped the icing off his cherubic face. Dormé was seeing to Melona, and Selona was being cared for by Solia.

?They?re quite a handful,? Padmé remarked.

Versé laughed. ?No, they?re really not.? And then, to answer Padmé?s questioning look, ?They?re two!?

Solia emerged from the kitchen with another cake in hand.

?I accidentally baked three cakes, one for each of them. And then I realized the poor mites wouldn?t be able to eat a cake on their own,? she said.

Oddly enough, Versé herself felt removed from the party. It was surreal. The celebration was a wonderful tableau, the laughing adults, the smiling triplets?

A perfect picture?why am I not in it? she wondered.

With the babies evenly distributed between Padmé?s handmaidens, the only remaining guests sat down to talk in the small living room. Try as they might, the happy-go-lucky normal conversation soon turned to topics more political in nature.

?The Vote is in three months?? Padmé said, her voice trailing. ?I think this may be one of the most important decisions the Republic has ever made. The Senate is divided against this, and the Separatists grow larger everyday under the leadership of that Count Dooku.?

?Was he not a Jedi, once?? Cordé inquired as she gently jostled a cooing Telon.

Padmé nodded. ?Yes, he was. He left the Jedi Order because he was disgusted with the Jedi?s affiliation with the Senate. He believed it to be corrupt.?

?The Senators must return to Coruscant to cast the vote, correct?? Versé said evenly, betraying no clue as to what she might be thinking.

?Yes?? Padmé said, a bit suspicious.

?I?ll be coming along, Milady,? Versé stated.

?Versé, your children?? Padmé protested.

?What do you want me to be, Milady, your handmaiden or a mother? I can be both, but only if you let me actually do some handmaiden duties! And the important ones too, not just fetching your Ladyship some nectar or brushing your hair before bedtime,? Versé retorted as she patted a sleepy Melona.

When Versé looked up at Padmé, she saw that the Senator?s face was wistful.

?Milady?? she ventured.

?It?s just?by this time I thought I?d have a family by now?Like Sola or?or you. You both seem so happy as a mother, and I?and I like to see?the motherly side of you, so that?when I become a mother, if I ever do, I?d know what to do,? Padmé stopped and smiled. ?I don?t know about triplets, but maybe?twins. A boy and a girl??

Dormé smiled teasingly. ?And name them Luke and Leia after the characters in your favorite holoflicks??

Padmé blushed as her handmaidens laughed softly at her.

?Yes,? she sai

24. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Yay, new post! :D

I really enjoyed this, Yané. The birthday party scene was very cute. That Telon sure is a trouble-maker! ;) The rest was great too. Even though I know Versé is going to die on Amidala's ship, part of me is still saying "no, Versé! Don't do it!" :(

Anyway, looking forward to the last post!

25. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Excellent post, Yane, excellent.

Loved the detailed description of the triplets. I could just about picture them sitting in front of me now.

:::Hey, hey, Telon! The napkins are not for eating.::: :p

That scene also reminds me of a tradition in our family where on a baby's first birthday, a chocolate cake is set in front of them and they are allowed to go to town on it, making as much of a mess as they can. :D Our parents always put a drop cloth beneath us first, of course. :p

Anyway, back to the post.

?What do you want me to be, Milady, your handmaiden or a mother? I can be both, but only if you let me actually do some handmaiden duties! And the important ones too, not just fetching your Ladyship some nectar or brushing your hair before bedtime." You tell her, Versé! Make up your mind, Padmé. Do you want Versé as a handmaiden or not?

?And name them Luke and Leia after the characters in your favorite holoflicks?? Okay, now you have to tell us about Padmé's favorite holoflicks. :p :)

Again, well done, Yane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.