main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rainbow's End: Versé's Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    That was a great post Yané!! I loved how Versé and Cordé managed to patch things up together. They're going to do it all together...even die. :( :_| Oh the HUMANITY!!

But this was a great post. I'm glad they're now all friends!! I can't wait to see how all become Handmaidens together.

Tehe. Can't wait to see how Versé gets out of this one...

~Obischick

ps. Lol Ander!! I'd love to see you laughing while I beat him up!! :D

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    lol

Thanks guys!

Yay! New posty!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 11
    Where's a Rock when You Need One?

Versé slowly got out of the car. Cordé and Dormé flanked her right and her left.

Tristan started his rant. "Where have you been young lady? We've been worried sick!"

Versé just stood there. She began to grow angry. Where's a rock when you need one? How did he think she felt after what she had been through? But her father didn't know..

"Father, shut. Up. Now."

Surprisingly, he did.

Versé launched into her story. Tristan mopped his head with a hankerchief.
    By the time she was through, he was ready to start anew.

"I'm sorry, daughter, but I'll have to punish you for taking off in one of my newest models. I see you haven't treated it the way a Lightweight Lightspeeder 5427OT should be handled. I'm taking away your privileges until classes start. That's three months away. Your friends can stay."

Where is a good rock when you need one??

Angry as she was, Versé was very tired, so she drew herself up regally.

"Yes, father. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go situate our guests and freshen up. Elisé, prepare rooms for my friends."

"Yes, miss."

The three girls swept imperiously by the stunned Tristan, and Elisé led the way.

Versé woke up and yawned. She had had a good sleep. She bounced out of bed, very happy with the fact that Cordé and Dormé had spent the night. The three had stayed up late, watching holoflicks and gossiping.

She went to the 'fresher and took a nice, long bath. When she got out, she checked on Dormé and Cordé, who were still sleeping like babies. She grinned. Then she noticed a blinking light that signified a message awaiting her.

Her heart froze. Time stopped. Then she shook her head. She was over that now.

She sat down and pressed a button. An image of a beautiful brunette appeared. The image looked exactly like the Queen! But why would Queen Amidala call her? But it wasn't the Queen, it was...

"Hello, Versé Cabaré. I am Sabé Hirota, handmaiden to her Majesty, Queen Amidala. If you recall, we are cousins. Your father is my father's brother-in-law."

The mini-Sabé laughed.

"I'm sure you've experienced the Cabaré temper, if you're anything like me. Uncle Tristan was a frequent visitor of my mother's and I was not his favorite niece. I have called you to say hello, and to invite you to a special luncheon with the Queen and the rest of her handmaidens. You may bring with you two friends. Please accept, dear cousin."

The image faded. Versé sprang up to go wake Cordé and Dormé and tell them the news of the invitation.

3. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I love the title!!! :D

Oooh, and cousin Sabé invites them to the palace for lunch! Things are definitely looking up for Versé :D

(Oh, and I love the way she stood up to her father. You go Versé!)

4. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Ooooh, I'm glad her father didn't punish her futher...

And Sabé is her cousin? That's cool!! And they're going to a visit with the Queen, are they? Hmmmm...wonder where that will lead?? :D :D

Great post, can't wait for more.

~Obischick

5. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks ladies!

lol, Aly, glad you like the title!

Obischick, sorry if I burst your bubble, but it's not gonna lead where you think it's going to...er, if you're thinking what I'm thinking..

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Excellent post, and I loved the title, too. [face_laugh]

Wow! Sabe is family!? Looks like it all depends on who you know that'll get you ahead in the world. :) What an advantage. :D

7. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Wow!! :D Sorry I haven't been here Hm Yané, but great job again!! :) I can't believe that scum bag, I'm glad Cordé and Versé gave him a good smacking too! He deserved it.. [face_devil]

Wow, cool idea that Sabé is related to Versé, I can't wait to see what happens next! :D This is a great story! I'm loving every bit of it! :)

UPPP!!! :D :D

-~Dormé~-

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    wow! love it! expicially, "Shut. Up. Now"
    I'm glad Verse and Corde made up.

9. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    wow! love it! expicially, "Shut. Up. Now"

Heehee! I love that line too! :p

Thanks peoples! You all deserve....a nice post!

But I feel a bit weird now and I fear that anything I write will turn out cheesy, so I'll wait a bit. Sorry peoples.

10. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Hmmmmm... cheesy eh?? Did you just watch a romance made-for-tv-movie?? :p

Ok, I'd love a postie...... NOW!!! :D

-~Dormé~-

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Cheese is good. I've got crackers. Ritz or Wheat Thins anybody? :p

12. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    LOL! [face_laugh] You peoples! Er, Wheat-Thins, Knight-Ander!

Okay, I've been thinking about my story all day and here's what I've come up with....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 12
    Handmaidens to the Queen

The three friends spent the entire morning looking for the perfect clothes to wear to the luncheon that afternoon. Finally, exhausted but happy, they rushed home with their purchases, ran to the 'fresher, and when they got out, they hurridly dressed and did their hair.

The chauffeur drove them to the Theed Palace. Versé had heard stories about the beauty and grandeur of the palace. She had also heard about the heroic efforts that the Queen and her handmaidens personally put out for the liberation of Theed. She was very proud to be related to her cousin Sabé, the royal decoy during that time of trouble.

"I've never been in the Palace, but I've seen it many times. It's very beautiful." Cordé said.

Dormé smiled. "I'm sure it is. I'm very excited about this. It's not everyday you get to meet the Queen."

Versé shook her head. "Nope, it's not."

They arrived at the palace and regally got out of the repulsorlimo. A young woman dressed in simple, but rich clothes ran out the front of the palace.

"Versé!"

Versé was stuck in her place. The Queen was coming out personally to greet her?

The young woman came up to her and hugged her.

Versé curtseyed as soon as she got out of the embrace. "Your Majesty..."

The young woman laughed. "It's me, Sabé, you silly girl!"

Cordé and Dormé giggled at Versé's mistake. An embarrassed Versé apologized to Sabé.

"No, no, it's quite alright. It's part of my job to look like Ami." Sabé said in response to the apology.

"You call her Ami?" Versé asked incredulously.

Sabé laughed again. "Yes, now, let's go in."

"Oh, Sabé, this is Dormé, and this is Cordé." Versé introduced her friends to her cousin.

"Hello." The two said in unison.

They all went up the steps to the Palace and followed Sabé to a tastefully decorated room. Five young women sat around a polished wood table. At the center of them, was Queen Amidala. She was only eighteen, the same age as Versé herself, but she had wisdom beyond her years. Amidala stood up.

"Hello, I am Queen Amidala. You would do me honor to eat lunch with us."

Versé sat at the left of the Queen, Sabé to the Queen's right, and Dormé sat next to Versé and Cordé next to her.

The other handmaidens all sat to the right of Sabé. Introductions went around the circular table. Rabé, a black haired beauty with a lilting foreign accent, Eirtaé, a regal blonde with a rural accent quite like Versé's own, Saché, an exuberant brunette with a clipped but enthusiastic speech, and Yané, a petite brunette with lively speech tones.

"I've heard that you had taken the entrance examination to the University of Theed. How did you do?" Amidala asked politely.

"I got a 99%, Your Majesty."

"That's higher than yours, Eirtaé," Rabé teased the blonde.

Eirtaé smiled sweetly. "It's also higher than yours, Rabé."

Amidala laughed. "It's higher than all of ours. You did very well, Versé. Though enough of this Your Majesty stuff. Call me Ami."

"Of course...Ami. But I placed higher than even you? I can't believe that. I didn't even want to go to University."

Six incredulous faces stared back at her.

"You didn't?" Yané asked. "Why ever not?"

Versé sighed. "My father and mother are divorced. They had made a deal when they divorced that I would sent to the finest schools so I would be ready to go to Universtiy and follow in the steps of my father as a politician."

She smiled. "The first time I saw my father after he left us I hit him with a rock."

Everyone giggled. "I thought he was a thief."

Everyone giggled harder at the thought of the fat Tristan Cabaré being a thief.

Versé explained to them why she hadn't wanted to go. And by the end of the luncheon, everyone in the room were friends.

"You must visit us again, Versé." Eirtaé invited.

She laughed lightly.

13. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Oooo, very nice new post!

"That's higher than yours, Eirtaé," Rabé teased the blonde.

Eirtaé smiled sweetly. "It's also higher than yours, Rabé."

:D That made me laugh for some weird reason...

Hmmm, the liberation of Naboo... can't help but wonder where Versé, Dormé, and Cordé were during that, and their feelings and such...

edit: like the new icon btw :)

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll have Versé think about her time during the camp as a skinny 14-year old. I'm gonna have the three friends talk about their experiences in a gabfest sometimes soon, Aly.

Glad you like it!

And that part made me laugh too...that's why I put it in there. I was doing my chores this morning, and then BAM! It hit me, I cracked up, and put in in writing.

15. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    HI there HMYane! :) I must tell you what a great story I think this is. I really am not much into the handmaidens...I mean I don't pay much attention to them, but your story has truly made me more aware of them as people and not just Ami's bodyguards. I can't wait for the next post!

amigirl [face_love]

16. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey, amigirl! Wow, :eek: ! I'm so glad you like my story and that it made you more HM-aware! Very cool. :cool:

17. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Another fine post, Yane. Looks like Verse is very versed in making friends. :)

Hmmm, I wonder what the Queen's entrance exam score was.

And on the subject of icons, it seems like everyone has changed their's the past couple of days. :)

18. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    In my mind, she got a 98%. That way, it's an excellent score but Versé's is still higher.

You're no exception, Knight-Ander! If I was as crazy about Luke as I was when I first saw ANH, I'd have a Luke icon. Actually, I was more crazy about Leia, cos she was my favorite character. I love my icon! [face_love]

PS-I am HM Yané, just under different username. I'm in a Leia fix right now, so both my icons are Leia. They should have an icon like she was on the back of SBS, with a lightsaber.

19. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    hey, great post! love how verse was confused who was sabe and who was ami.

20. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Excellent Post Yané!! I loved how the girls got to have a nice little lunch and how they all got a long so well. I can't wait to see how they all get along when they are all handmaidens!!

Great post! Can't wait for more!!

~Obischick

21. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    OooOooOOhhhHhhh!! Cool postie HM Yané! That would be so cool to eat lunch with Padmé.... and to know that your smarter than her!! [face_laugh] :p

Tehe! I can't wait to see what happens next... Oooohh and the parties! That means pretty gowns, and hopefully pretty boys! ;) [face_love] So exciting! :D

-~Dormé~-

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    :D Thanks peoples! You all deserve...a posty!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 13
    University

The next three months were mostly social months with the Queen and the handmaidens. Dormé took the entrance exam and came away with a 96%.

University life started for the three girls and they loved every minute of it. Versé had written off men after Devon but a young man at one of the balls she went to made her think twice.

This man was Riv Waken, best friend to Captain Panaka's nephew, Something Typho. A ver handsome man and a charming personality, it was all Versé could do to let down her sarcastic demeanor she had developed to use towards the male species interested in her.
    And it worked. Riv was more interested in making conversation with the more friendly Dormé. Riv was in almost every class Versé had at the University.

"The Force, is he handsome!" Versé thought as the class for Introduction to Astro Physics filed out.

She smiled at Dormé and Cordé as they flanked her and they walked down the hallway together. She had developed a rep as a snob and she could see the feelings of her fellow students on their faces as she walked by. She almost smiled weakly at Riv as she passed him by, but she held up her head and shot him a snooty look.

"Versé, you like him. But why do treat all men like their dirt? Is this part of that Devon thing?" Dormé asked.

"Yes. And it's my business whether I like him or not."

Versé proved her 99% over and over again as she delighted her professors in her amazing grades. Cordé and Dormé joked that it was because her lack of dates. Versé found herself missing getting kissed, but she plunged into her books with more determination.

But something happened that stripped down her defenses. She was visiting her mother on break. Her mother was taking a nap, saying it was old age that made her this sleepy.

"Devon is back in town," her mother said just before she went into her room.

Versé shot her mother a look and stomped down the stairs. She was walking near her special place when a distressed version of their special whistle reached her ears. Without thought, she ran towards the pond. And there was Devon, wild-eyed and disheveld.

"Versé! I didn't...I didn't think you would come! I mean, after all that, and.."

She went over to him. "I'm here. Though I have noo idea why."

"Versé," he licked his lips. "Versé, you must have been wondering how I rose from being a politcal aide to the Representative of Peoria in such a short period of time."

"I was wondering that, but after, well, after what happened I didn't much care."

He nodded his head. "Right. Well, it was all Chancellor Palapatine's doing..."

"Wait. The Chancellor helped you become a representative? The Chancellor himself?"

"Yes, but he's doing something horrible, Versé, I'm just a pawn to him and he's really..."

Suddenly Versé felt evil all around her. Devon began choking, as if someone was right there, gripping his throat.

"Devon!" She ran to him.

"Stay away, woman...this is none of your business...run...little girl..."

She gasped. Where was that coming from?

"Run...if you value yours. Apparently Devon here didn't..run..."

Versé took one look at the gasping Devon. The fear in his eyes made Versé want to stay with him...She hugged him quickly and ran as the evil voice goaded her on.

She ran to her mother's house and ran, gasping, into her room. She collapsed on her bed. Her mother was still asleep in the room next to hers.

She couldn't stop thinking about Devon. The look in his eyes when she had ran...it would haunt her forever, like the voice and the feeling of evil. Her place of sacredness was now desecreted. She could never return there. And Devon...he had to be dead by now...

The image of his dead body by the crystal clear pond sent shudders up her back. She instantly knew that she wanted to talk to Riv...she had no idea why...but she decided to follow her feelings. She left a holomessage on their machine and jumped int

23. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey, HM Yané, I just found this story and I'm really enjoying it! :)

You had me relating to Versé from post one. You see, I work at a florist as well and I know how horrible Valentine's Day at a florist truly is. ;)

Anyway, your characterizations are very interesting and the plot interesting. Looking forward to the next post!

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Oh, no! :( Palpatine has got his dirty little mits into more than we thought. :mad: Shame on him for manipulating Versé's life like that. I wonder what Devon found out about him that made him so afraid. Hmmm... I'd speculate some more, but that would probably ruin the surprise. ;)

25. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    oh no!!! Not Palpatine! :mad: He better keep his dirty sith hands off of Verse, Padme, and the other handmaidens...or I'll...do nothing [face_blush] I love the post. I think this is a sure start for a relationship with the "most handsome man in Theed."

Amigirl [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.