main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends %Rainy%--Padawan Qui-Gon, Master Dooku-- angst, adventure, humor. --NEW 1/22--

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Charmisjess, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Uh-oh, i have a bad feeling about this! Hope her bed's not crammed with junk like mine is so there's room for him :p

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    ?I?ve been pondering that exact question since you and that Tahl girl began courting years ago.? Dooku snipped, sweeping off to get the door, while Qui-Gon took a moment to mull over his words in confusion
    ?I am not seeing Tahl!? Qui-Gon yelled hotly from the sitting area.

A bit slow on the uptake, isn't he? [face_mischief]

Dooku was in the middle of what sounded like a spirited narration of one of the more embarrassing points of Qui-Gon?s Padawan career.

Dooku is so mean! [face_laugh] Qui-Gon is so lucky that his Master doesn't carry baby holos. :p

Dooku had always advised him against going into dark, disreputable-looking holes with seedy types. He wasn?t sure Tak classified as seedy, but he still wasn?t really excited to be following her into a narrow tunnel.

That was rather generous of QG. :p

Tak?s voice held a bit of a shrug. ?You seem like the sort whose mother is dead.?
    2 things - 1, Tak's tactlessness is consistently refreshing. :D
    2, a voice holding a shrug - now that's brilliant metaphorism!

footsteps coming from outside the room
    You would end it there! :p You tease! [face_laugh]

3. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Princess_Arulmozhi: [face_blush] Hehe, sorry...

Layren: Yeah, if Qui-Gon and Tak were going to hide under my bed, they'd certainly have a time of it. ;)

leia_naberrie: Me?? A tease? :D [face_batting] Haha, maybe so. Don't worry, I shouldn't have such a long time between posts for this next chappie. Thanks so much for reviewing!!

[:D]

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    As soon as I read that 'She's never in here,' I KNEW what you were going to do, so I was prepared for that abrupt ending.:rolleyes: What an interesting cast of character you have going on here, and the interactions between Qui-Gon and Dooku are so right for the two, Dooku the stern teacher and Qui-Gon the teenager who hasn't quite developed into who he'll finally be.

And from an earlier post (before I started reading here)...

Dooku felt himself starting to twitch. Qui-Gon was double-dipping to an extraordinary degree, contaminating the jam with his crumbs and germs, getting the couch sticky, and about to break his neck. He had managed to strike nearly all of Dooku?s pet peeves in a single moment. The Master took a breath, preparing himself to pour out his wrath on the boy...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    I just found the time to read all the chapters so far. Great work - keep on writing!
    I especially liked the episode with the jam, it was really funny to see Dooku's disgust [face_laugh]

6. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey, new readers, cool! :D

ardavenport: Hah, thank you! :D I'm glad you're liking my cast--this has been the most OC intensive fic I've ever written, and I'm glad they at least interesting, if annoyingly so. ;) I'm having a blast with Tak.

Fifilla: :D Thanks!! Oooh, and you liked the jam scene? That was pure indulgence on my part. ;) I had the image in my head, and I couldn't let it alone. ;)

7. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Update by the end of this week, my darlings. :D [face_batting]

8. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Yay! *does a little jig* Thats good to hear. I miss Tak's bluntness and Qui-gon's very Obi-wan like ability to get in trouble 24/7

9. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    Update by the end of this week, my darlings.

Where is the update? :_| You promised... [face_worried]
    Please, update soon!!! [face_praying]

10. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Awww, I know, I'm so sorry! :( Look, cookies and excuses!! *offers big plate of cookies* I had a surprise visit from some relatives and their children...of ages 8-14...that ended up lasting a week.

And while they were lots of fun, they were not condusive to writing.

*flash*

Jess: *typing along* "Dooku whirled, lightsaber ignited..."
    Child_1: Why are you writing about Count Dooku?
    Jess: Why do I write Dooku fanfiction? Oh, *nostalgia* it's a long story...I feel Dooku is an untapped wealth of character, quirky and misunder--
    Child_1: No, I mean, isn't he evil?
    Jess: *blinking* Well, not always...
    Child_2:And old?
    Jess: Now, that's just..!
    Child_3: Why don't you write a real book?
    Jess: Well, I...
    Child_1: Wait, I thought you liked that Liam Neeson guy. And now you like Count Dooku? You're just liking them older and older...
    Jess: ---but!!
    *thundercrash, power goes out*

All right, all right, perhaps I'm rambling now. But soon, really. :)

Also, you who nommed this in the awards, oh my goodness. I almost cried, seriously. This fic is so dear to me, and I'm so unbelievably honored that you'd find it worthy of a nomination. I really, really appreciate it. [face_love]

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh fear not ;) we'll wait for ya :D (though impatiently - *A dark brow rises as the head tilts downward a little. Chocolate eyes stare down the long nose.* "Do recall that patience can only last for so long, my dear." [face_laugh]

Good luck with the awards! And congrats on the nominations!! [:D]

12. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    KYN! Don't distract me with lust!! [face_laugh]

But, oh, what's this? An update?! [face_batting]

Big Freaking Author's Note: Soo. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Rainy and I are having kind of a fight. I hope this chapter turns out all right, because we had to have it out, write, and rewrite. It was one of those things were I lost of chunk of it to a thunderstorm/power outage, and I couldn't get it back like I liked. So, again, apologies for all the lack of updating that happened with this chapter, and perhaps the mediocre-ness of it.

As penance to my darling readers, watch for some Dooku/Qui mush oneshot, and a litte Dooku/Lorian Nod/Jocasta Nu kid fun fic toward the end of the week. :)

---anyway, back to the action!

~*~

Dust did not suit Qui-Gon in the least.

As he crawled under the high bed, he buried his face in his sleeve, pinching his nose through the fabric to keep back sneezes. This looked bad. There was clumps of it everywhere; obviously the cleaning droids had neglected this area of the room very seriously. The boy closed his eyes against the sensation that the backs of his eyeballs were being tickled.

He usually mastered keeping quiet very well; training with Dooku had taken care of that. He recalled once when the Master had spent an entire day sitting directly across from him, intently poking at him with a feather to work on his reactions. He had done well, once he got over the original nervous giggling...but dust, oh, dust was another story.

Dust and Qui-Gon were old foes.

The footsteps grew closer, and with them, the off hum of human voice. He could feel the nervous energy coming in waves off Tak, smell the heady, toxic perfume of one Des Lasteera, and...

There was someone with her.

That voice.

?So, ah, what do I need to see??

Qui-Gon strained, sneezing worries abandoned, to listen.

?Of course, of course. One moment, let me get...? Lasteera sounded vaguely flustered.

There came an eloquent sigh over her talking. A sigh about attempted patience, and patronizing. World-weary. Expressive. It was the sigh that gave it all away.

?Wait...? Qui-Gon froze, half-way out from under the bed already. ?Tak...that?s...? There was no denying it. The voice was unmistakably Dooku?s.

?I?ll just fetch us some wine...I don?t know where my service droids are!? Lasteera?s sharp-heeled boots clacked off, and Qui-Gon chanced a peek over the bed. Sure enough, Dooku was standing just inside the room, looking as he always did: like he thoroughly belonged there.

?Master?!? Qui-Gon gasped, incredulously. He saw Dooku half-turn, a startled, almost panicked expression breaking through his usual look of calm confidence. Qui-Gon ducked low, carefully slinking over toward his Master. ?What are you?mmf!?

Dooku collided with him halfway, clapping a hand firmly over his mouth. ?Shh! Keep quiet! Stars, I thought I sensed you!? He glared at his effectively silenced apprentice. ?What are you doing here??

Qui-Gon tried to answer, but through Dooku's palm, the words came out only as a muffled array of noise.

"What?" Dooku snapped, without moving his hand.

Qui-Gon frowned at his Master, and with a pulse of irrationality, gave the palm closed over his mouth a good lick.

?Ugh!? Dooku recoiled in horror, jerking his hand away and shaking it wildly, as if the motion could somehow dislodge the germs. ?Qui-Gon Jinn!? He hissed in an enraged whisper, spitting the words out like a hasty string of curses. ?That was the most disgusting, childish, repulsive, vile thing you have done in the history of my knowing you and that is saying something!?

?What are you doing in Des Lasteera?s bedroom?!? Qui-Gon squeaked, jumping out of his Master?s reach.

Dooku glared venomously at him. ?Disgusting?what do you think I?m doing here?!? He paused, smearing his palm against his tunic as if to wipe away any invisible traces of his Padawan?s tongue. ?Really, Qui-Gon.? He lowered his voice another notch, quite suddenly. ?I?ve worked my way h

13. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    *dies laughing* Fun, indeed. I loved the bits about Dooku's training methods. Poking Qui-Gon with a feather and jumping out of trees, indeed! It's so amusing that he's having such fun with them, even if poor Qui-Gon finds it frazzling. (But he sounds like he also finds it fun... some of the time.)

14. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    =D= Great Job!

?Ugh!? Dooku recoiled in horror, jerking his hand away and shaking it wildly, as if the motion could somehow dislodge the germs. ?Qui-Gon Jinn!? He hissed in an enraged whisper, spitting the words out like a hasty string of curses. ?That was the most disgusting, childish, repulsive, vile thing you have done in the history of my knowing you and that is saying something!?

haha! [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon wondered briefly at her idea of the Jedi Order: a fanciful place where force users sat around preforming impressive bits of sorcery, while Master Dooku scampered about stealing the hearts of all the lady Jedi with his hilarious jokes.

I really liked this bit. Makes you wonder what the rest of the galaxy thinks of the Jedi.

And I wonder what this Zernith fellow's up to [face_thinking]

Begin.

Oh, this should be interesting!

Awesome update! Can't wait for more!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Dooku's quite a character if he's hunting Qui-Gon all the time. Would probably make Qui very jittery that way. Loved that he hoped Dooku had the lightsaber turned down this time. LOL.

Loved that Dooku was having a "good" time with a lady no less.

Cute, really cute.

16. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    Thanks for the update (and for the cookies ;) )
    Great chapter!!! Very funny!

Qui-Gon frowned at his Master, and with a pulse of irrationality, gave the palm closed over his mouth a good lick.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Qui-Gon really knows how to upset his Master!

It suddenly occured to him that Dooku was not sulking in the force.

He was sneaking.

"Oh," Qui-Gon winced, backing away from the note slowly. "...Master?" He called out to the empty room. "I don't want to play right now, Master!" For all the good the sentiment would do him. Dooku was already hunting him. If he was going to eat anything before the inevitable spar went down, it would have to be fast.

Qui-Gon threw himself out the door at a dead run.

Oh, poor Qui-Gon! Obviously Dooku also knows how to upset his Padawan! ;)
    I think the next part will be fun (at least for Dooku and for the readers) - don't let us wait too long!

17. Dreagoddess

Dreagoddess Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Hee! I love it! Tak makes me crack up, and Qui-Gon's little internal monologue. I'm dying to know what exactly happened in Laseetra's rooms, though. <eyebrow waggle>

My favorite line: Qui-Gon wondered briefly at her idea of the Jedi Order: a fanciful place where force users sat around preforming impressive bits of sorcery, while Master Dooku scampered about stealing the hearts of all the lady Jedi with his hilarious jokes.

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was freakin' hilarious! The licking of the hand! [face_laugh]

Oh Dooku's games? Oh sounds like fun!!!

Hopefully he'll (Qui) be able to tell Dooku what he's discovered. :)

Great work!

And what is this? You don't want me to distract you Charmisjess? :eek: Ah madam, why ever not? [face_batting]

19. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    :eek: Hrrrm. It's been nearly a month since my last update, which means it's almost that time again. I cannot give you a date...but I can give you promises of some soppy Jedi, mouth-to-mouth, and a sword fight. ;)

Soonish. :D

In the meantime...how did I not do these? I must have started to, and then lost the window, or somesuch. So sorry, my darlings!

PK: I'm not going to lie, some of the Dooku-jumping-out-of-trees-bit might have been born on Myrkr. ;) I should give you credit for being my muse, or something. :D I really appreciate the review.

micky-nikki: Thank you, my dear! ^^ I'm so glad you liked it...the plot is thickening, albeit rather quietly. ;) Oh---thanks for sitting me at the awards, too! *huggle*

dianethx: I'm thinking that's possibly why Qui-Gon's lightsaber form is so flippy. He grew up in a constant state of ambush. :) Poor kid. Thanks for reading!

Fifilla: Trying not to make you wait too long! :) I really wish I could keep a posting schedule. *sighs, longingly* Possibly the next super-fic. Yes, I think 12 something years together, and Dooku and Qui-Gon have just become experts at pushing each other's buttons. With glee.

Drea! *Dooku looks properly offended at your insinuations* [face_batting] I'm glad you're liking. :) Thank you for the review, best!Drea! :)

Kyn-babe: You may distract me at any time, my dear! :D Speaking of which--*whines* where have you been, lately? Come play with Dooku and Jocasta and I! :) They miss you!

20. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    [face_dancing] You didn't forget us! :)
    Please hurry up!

21. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Ahh, I know, I know, it's been so long. I may have to put this fic on hiatus. :(

22. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    *frowns* I'm late for everything, aren't I? I finally rediscovered this fic the other day, read through the whole thing (enjoying it immensely, of course), and then nearly died when I saw that this may be going on hiatus! *wails*

This is great, Jess, don't let it die!

*thwacks post with the 'UP' stick to the top of the boards, hoping you'll notice*

Anyhoo, some of my favorite bits:

Haha, that brings back memories... Reminds me of that "Hey, look! I can use the Force!" thing where someone licks their own hand and shoves it at someone else, (usually) causing the victim to backpedal frantically.

Also loved the whole jam episode...that had me laughing out loud.

*hands a flustered Dooku some hand sanitizer*

There, there, it'll be okay...Quiggy hasn't contaminated everything. Yet. [face_laugh]

And Dook randomly attacking Qui like that? I'll second that theory on why his saber style is all over the place. I can just imagine Dooku popping up from strange places (over a bookshelf, under his bed, behind the shower curtain...) and engaging his Padawan in an impromptu duel...:D

Excellent work, as always. Now I'm just praying that you'll keep it up![face_praying]

Cheers!

23. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Star! I'm so glad you're enjoying this! :D I so very much appreciate the comment--it was so uplifting. :) [:D]

Haha, that brings back memories... Reminds me of that "Hey, look! I can use the Force!" thing where someone licks their own hand and shoves it at someone else, (usually) causing the victim to backpedal frantically.

I....have never done that! :D But now I must! *looks around for a victim!* [face_laugh]

~*~

---just wanted to let the readers of this know, we're back from hiatus, and I'll have a post soon, and I'm going to finish this fic-----if it's the last thing I do! *resolves!* ;)

24. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    *squee*

Awesome!! Would you add me to your PM list for this thing? Can't wait for the update! [face_dancing]

25. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    ---just wanted to let the readers of this know, we're back from hiatus, and I'll have a post soon, and I'm going to finish this fic-----if it's the last thing I do! *resolves!* wink

[face_dancing] =D= [:D] :D
    Can't wait for the update!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.