main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Raising Hope - Post-ROTS AU (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia) updated Jan 2, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for being so nice. And patient. [face_love] And forgiving. [face_worried]

The response here is enough to kick start my muse and make me prioritize better. [face_batting]

Thanks to my best friend and beta, Jedi Trace. [:D] Especially for the nice stuff at the end. [face_love] You finally got me over that wall that was the end of this post. @};-

Chapter Two

?Decision we must make, soon, Master Kenobi, on the Skywalker twins. Strong in the Force, they are.? The ancient Jedi master stood looking out the transparisteel viewport of the Council chambers, but even without eye contact, Obi-Wan felt his thoughts in the Force, as the currents swirled around them both.

?Master Yoda, this is something we should allow Anakin to be a part of. Please, just give him a little more time.? Obi-Wan moved to stand beside him at the viewport.

He felt if he could keep stalling, somehow his former student would come around. With each day, though, a little of Obi-Wan?s hope slipped through his grasp. Perhaps he didn?t know Anakin as well as he thought. Perhaps Padmé?s death had changed him beyond what Obi-Wan had perceived.

?Perhaps it is best if in with the Jedi they are raised, hmmm, Master Obi-Wan??

?Master Yoda, with all due respect, that decision is not ours to make,? Obi-Wan sighed warily. ?I have been keeping an eye on him. He is grieving. For someone like Anakin, it is to be expected.?

The slight expression of disapproval that passed across Yoda?s face did not escape Obi-Wan?s notice.

?Better off, we may not be. Attachments these are, just like before.? The diminutive Jedi grunted, his apprehension and uncertainty should have unsettled Obi-Wan, but it didn?t. Master Yoda had been wrong before and Obi-Wan trusted the Force. And the Force told him that Anakin?s place was with his children, and theirs was with him.

?Then maybe we should trust the Force,? Obi-Wan said resolutely. He turned and left Yoda frowning out at the Coruscant sky lanes.

~~~~~~

On his way out of the district, Obi-Wan stopped in the crèche. The twins were three weeks old and thriving. He still had not seen Anakin, but heard he was to make an appearance at the temple today. The long wait for Anakin to join the living might be over. He quickly dashed the thought, not wanting to become too confident. He hoped to catch him and gauge his feelings. He had refrained from going back to the apartment that had been Anakin and Padmé?s home; he wanted to give him time. He knew his best friend better than anyone, especially now. When Anakin was hurting, it was best to let him suffer it out. Obi-Wan had learned this over the years.

Standing over the babies, he couldn?t help but feel protective towards these babies that represented the love that Anakin had shared with his wife. Even though he couldn?t understand, he knew what it was to feel the deep abiding pull toward another, the feeling that you would give your life to protect them. He knew if Anakin ever laid eyes on his children, he would not be able to keep this feeling away. One thing Obi-Wan knew about his apprentice. When Anakin loved, he loved with everything he had.

He reached down and touched the cheek of Luke, who lay sleeping peacefully, his soft breathing warm against the Jedi Master?s fingers. He saw Padmé in the shape of his eyes and the turn of his nose, but his chin reminded Obi-Wan so much of Anakin, that it pulled at his heart to think that he would be denied ever knowing his father. He must make Anakin face his future.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The midday sun lit the elaborate floors of the temple and cast shadows through the large pillars that lined the halls of the temple that had been his home since he was ten years old.

It?s not your home anymore. It hasn?t been since you were married.

Anakin felt the heavy empty feeling settle on him and shut his eyes, attempting to forbid memories. Stopping outside the library; he turned to the wind

2. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005

Well, im in tears....That was just beautiful, especially that last bit :)

3. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    " In his excitement, one little hand flew to the side and smacked his sister soundly in the face."

Ahhh Luke, you can always count on him to reunite his family.
    Kinda disliked yoda in this chapter, just becuse he's over 800y old doesn't mean that he knows everything. I still believe that the old order should have been destroyed, cus their time is over.

seeya

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Awsome! An update!!!!

This was so sweet. Baby Luke and Leia are so adorable! Please don't take long to update again!

5. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Excellent update! So heartwrenching!

Me too! Of to find something other than a papertowel!

6. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Wow.

Nice to see this updated.

Am I mistaken, or is Bariss attracted to Anakin?

I think Anakin will ultimately decide to remain with the Jedi. I believe he realizes that they are the only family he has. Aside from Padme -and now his children- Obi-Wan is the closest person to him.

Can't wait for the next post.

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, an update. Of course, Anakin would take a long time to grieve that is how he is. Obi-Wan realizes this. I'm glad he told Yoda to wait for Anakin to return - the twins need their father.

8. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    IT'S ALIVE!! [face_dancing]

?Perhaps it is best if in with the Jedi they are raised, hmmm, Master Obi-Wan??

?I assume you and Master Yoda have it all figured out.?

?Figured out?? Obi-wan asked.

?What you?re going to do with my children? With our children?Padme?s and my children.? He turned from the window and fixed Obi-Wan with an accusatory stare.

You little green #$#*@$@#($##$@#$@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: You took his wife, now you want to take the rest of his family? [face_beatup] Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Jedi :p

I knew as soon as he held the children things would change [face_love] :_| =D=

9. _That_Sith_Witch_

_That_Sith_Witch_ Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    As I was reading this I was struck at how young Anakin is. When Obi-wan called him a "youth" I had to stop for a minute. Twenty-three is far too young to have been married, to have had children and then to have lost your wife. He's much too young to have had these things happen to him.

Both Anakin and Obi-wan read much older here. It is as if Padmé dying has aged them both but it's only been three weeks in reel time. It makes me feel a bit solemn.

Edit: I totally forgot! Where's Padmé's family? What are they doing? They have to know she was married and gave birth. What do they say about Luke and Leia? Have they met them?

And what of the Handmaidens? Surely at least Dormé would be willing to stay and help care for and raise the twins.

bran
    _ThatJediScum_

10. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, I completely agree. Oh, you've got me bawling! I agree with Anakin, though - they shouldn't be trained... atleast, not away from him. He's suffered way too much.

jazz

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    It's up! [face_dancing]

Wonderful chapter, roo! I love this AU. Not that Padme died, of course, but that Anakin gets to raise his children. [:D]

Kudos to Obi for understanding Anakin and sticking up for him, even when it went against Yoda. :cool:

And thank you for including Barriss. You know why. ;)

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea! An update! [face_dancing] And it was definitely worth the wait. [:D]

?Shhh?.it?s all right now. Daddy?s got you.? He felt dampness on her forehead and realized his tears had splashed onto her skin. He closed his eyes and felt the warm light of the Force wash over them both. ?Daddy?s here??

:_| :_| :_| :_|

That was so beautiful, rhonderoo.

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Agh! I find the update just as I have to go out!

Will come back and read later...

Edit:

When Anakin loved, he loved with everything he had.

[face_love]

This is written so beautifully. Poor Anakin, although i'm happy he gets to raise his kids. It will be interesting if he decides not to raise them as Jedi - and I wonder what having Anakin and each other around will do to their personalities? And I loved supportive Obi-Wan. I hope he has a part to play in Luke and Leia's upbringing.

If you are sending PMs i'd appreciate being on the list.

14. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Just found this, and glad I did. It's sad and sweet at the same time.

If you're doing PM's on updates, count me in, since I don't catch Saga stories on a timely basis. :)

15. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    This is a good story.
    PM me when you get a post up.
    If you need help just PM me too.
    LeiaPadmeSkywalker

16. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Oh so kawaii!! PM me when you update please!

17. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    This is so sad and so good. My eyes were watering the entire time I was reading this. The ending with Anakin holding Leia did it and I was in tears.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take this. It's so sad that Padme''s dead.

I'm thrilled that Barriss was in this last chapter. I really like her and hope to see more of her. I hope she becomes a source of support for Anakin. Obi-wan too, of course, especially since he feels the twins need to be with their father.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, first I was sure I was seeing things. An update??? Surely not! ;)

But I was SO glad to see one. At last. **cough**ahem**

Lovely and heartbreaking, but I expected nothing less.

She had the same gentleness in her eyes as her mother. The thought that he may be seeing things popped into his head, but as Leia stared at him intently a strange peace washed over him. With his real hand, he cradled her as his fingers felt the downy softness of the dark brown hair that covered her head. He brought her close to his face and inhaled the clean sent that surrounded her.

Leia had stopped crying but he held her even closer, pressing his lips to her soft forehead. ?Shhh?.it?s all right now. Daddy?s got you.? He felt dampness on her forehead and realized his tears had splashed onto her skin. He closed his eyes and felt the warm light of the Force wash over them both. ?Daddy?s here??

I admit it, I teared up at that! :_| I can't wait for more. Greedy, aren't I?

19. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ah, so lovely. I'm so glad you updated. I'll be looking forward to more.

20. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    Good update. Master Yoda should keep his trap shut. At least Obi-Wan and Barriss are supporting of Anakin. Glad to see Anakin now with his children and that he will be a good father to them. Please update soon.

21. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    This story is definitely a winner. I love it.

"Daddy's here." Ooooo![face_worried]

I also liked the description of Anakin. Its very interesting. "...a mixture of child and man. Avenging angel and warrior." hmmm.

Great story. If you are keeping a pm list please add me to it.

22. full_moon

full_moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    I loved the ending to that chapter! so adorable, yet incradibly sad at the same time! I saw someone else mantion Padme's family, and i too wondered what role if any they would play in this story. Anyway i love it and if you have a PM list i would love to be added to it!

23. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    finally!!! now all we need is a loophole to get padme back!! please??

24. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    Near tears, Anakin held his hands out in front him. â??Donâ??t you see? It was all for nothingâ?¦this prophecy, the battles, my marriageâ?¦ now she is goneâ?¦..â??

Obi-Wan moved cautiously to touch Anakinâ??s shoulder. When he didnâ??t flinch, Obi-Wan drew him into an embrace. â??Anakin, I cannot presume to know what you are feeling, as any attachment Iâ??ve carried has been different. It has been to the Jedi Order, not to any one personâ?¦â?? He let out a sigh as Anakin stepped back to look him in the eye. â??â?¦and to you.

I'm near tears too!!! [face_worried]:_|

Id like a pm for sure!

Update soon! [face_praying]

25. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yoda needs to retire.

Great post. Post some more soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.