main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raleigh Dining Help

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by eddie-wan-kenobi, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Hello all. Eddie-Wan here from the Rocky Mount chapter. Need some opinions about a restaurant in Raleigh from you folks. I have been curious to try Romano's Macaroni Grill over at Triangle Town Center and was thinking of going tommorow for Father's Day. Is it any good? We usually go to The Olive Garden but I wanted to try something different. Sorry that this has NOTHING to do with Star Wars, but your help would be appreciated. :)

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hmmm. I've tried a lot of places but that is one that I have not been to yet. Sorry I couldn't be more help. There are a lot of good restaurants around though and a bunch of new places opened up at Triangle Town Center (Twisted Fork, Champs, and a bunch others). Some are pricy but I think they all have their menus posted on the outside.

Umm hehe I didn't realize I was on under Chris SN - this is actually Jedi_Natalie.

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Thanks anyway Natalie. We use to go to TTC a lot, but like any mall it got old. We havent been in awhile so I am curious to see what else is there. Has ANYONE tried Romano's?

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    For those interested, Romano's is pretty good. Food was good and the prices not bad.

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats cool I'll have to remember that. I went out with my dad to Teds Montana Grill at the Triangle Town Center last night. It was excellent!! It is a must especially if you have never had bison before. They have all kinds of bison burgers to choose from. My dad and I got a cup of bison chile for an appetizer, then I got a bison burger with monterey jack cheese, greene chiles and guacamole on it, and for desert we had strawberry shortcake.

Bison is similar to beef in consistency except it is leaner and has less fat. I always thought it was a denser taste but the burger I had last night was fabulous. They overcook just a bit though. I ordered a medium well burger and mine looked more well done and my dad got medium and his looked medium well. But I think that is pretty normal for restaurants to overcook a bit.

6. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    If anyone wants a truly bizarre eating experience there is a little Ethiopian restaurant down in Mission Valley next to the movie theater. It was tasty, filling, and the strangest dining experience I have ever had! There is no silverware, you eat your food with a type of bread/pancake cross that is very spongy adn filling. You order a couple different meats (lamb and beef are big on the menu and are cut in small cubes or shredded and have either rather spicy sauce or mild buttery sauces) and you get a little salad to go with it. They even have raw beef on teh menu - I must say I will stay away from that item!

7. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    They serve bison? I thought bison were endangered................

8. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    The Ethiopian place sounds interesting, Natalie. Is their cooking similar to curry? Never tried bison. Anyone ever tried the ostritch at the fair?

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I've never had ostritch before but I love trying new and different foods. Some of the ethiopian food is a little spicy curry like and others are more buttery with a mild garlic flavor. My dad and I love spicy foods.

They have a menu on their site. Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant

10. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Interesting menu. A bit pricey, but interesting. I, too, love spicy foods. Though they dont love me back, thats for sure.

11. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    If you like Chinese/Mongolian type stuff, try Crazy Fire near Sweet Tomatoes. It's really awesome and I go there over any chinese take out place nowadays.

Basically they have a buffet-style line where you take a large bowl, select your meats, veggies and noodles, oils, sauces and seasonings - and take it up to the counter. They grille it up on the griddle for you and you get your choice of white or fried rice.

Awesome place.

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I have heard of that, Blackdog. Love your icon, by the way. How much you might ask? Check this out:

http://lortaphanble.phpwebhosting.com/arkiv/images_sw_single/BlueVader.jpg

Its on my right leg. :D

13. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's after the fact now, but some friends took me and my wife to Lucky 32 in Cary and it was incredible! It's a really laid-back, casual atmosphere, and the food is excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.