main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raleigh FanForce Meeting #3, Saturday May 11, 12 noon, D&R Charbroil in South Hills Mall, Cary, NC

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Where: South Hills Mall, Buck Jones Rd. Cary
    When : Saturday May 11, 2002 12 noon
    Special guests : 501st Southern Garrison Star Wars Costume group.

What's more : Star Wars CCG tournaments and open gaming, Star Wars RPG open play , Star Wars Miniature gaming. Players pay $5 each for whole day of fun!

This should give plenty of time for those busy souls out there to plan. Come in costume and hang out! The mall will put this out on the marquee.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Congrats on getting this far guys! I hope to see one of y'all don the power of Blue soon ;)

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    So how was it for those of you who went? :) Yay, the third meeting! :D

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Greetings, Raleigh Fanforce!
    Dave and Jim from the 501st southern garrison arrived for my CCG event at noon in full Stormtrooper mode. Both kept control of the area, checking ID's, ensuring no Rebel scum infiltrated our area. They warned me if any insurgence came about they would have to hold them for questioning. They were all about getting new members to go to the dark side!

Those plastoid armor suits cost $575 each! man they looked simply AWESOME in their outfits.

I gave 501st reps of them some spare Star Wars CCG posters. Charles Kerekanich placed second, and Brad Reinhold won the NC Triangle SWCCG championships!

We made it! We've completed our requirements to be a FanForce location! I'll let Mindy Bagwell FanForce south know.

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've been kicking around some ideas for Raleigh FanForce names. I came up with good ones : Tusken Rader Tarheels, Wookie Wolfpack, Raleigh Rebel Alliance, Empire of the Blue Devils....and some excruciatingly gawdawful ones like : Yavin 4 Yahoos, Tatooine Tobacconists, Carolina Bantha Bone BBQers, or even worse, like a Raleigh subdivison: Endor Oaks, Kashyyyk Pines. (that's just grossly boring). Help me please! I can't do any better! I'm hope you can come up with better names for our chapter than I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

6. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    The Endor joke reminded me for anyone that cares in Northern Durham there is actually a road called Endor Lane!

Hmm let me think of a name or two:

Raleigh Rodian Society

Triangle Trade Federation

7. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Why not totally rename this the Triangle Fan Force, as nobody seems to want to meet in Raleigh.

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I can't come up with anything good, but these are my favorites of the ones mentioned so far:

Raleigh Rebel Alliance
    Triangle Trade Federation

I don't know why, they're just (IMO) the best ones mentioned. :)

9. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I'll see what I can come up with. Just one off the top of my head...

RTP Padawans?

I am also studying graphic design, maybe I could help with a logo or something when we decide.

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I like your style, Laura. We need to name ourselves either :

Triangle Trade Federation or Raleigh Rebel Alliance or maybe Triangle Rebel Alliance. Just like naming a baby, odd number syllables are stronger sounding..... ;-)

- we need to vote on a city rep - I vote for you Laura since you've been around here the longest consistently as keeper of the force!
    Hows about it? U da woman?

11. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Triangle Trade Federation :)

Tallon is the City Rep.

Now all we need is a logo, anyone good with graphics :)

12. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I am a graphic design student, I will get to work on some sketches and then we can pick one to do as a final version.

13. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Sounds like a plan, being the Trade Federation.. does that make us bad guys? :)

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :D So has anyone contacted Minicia about actually becoming official? Did the Line Party meet-up count as a meeting? :)

15. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Wel since we voted and decided on a name i think it does :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.