main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raleigh Grande - Advance Tickets - Anybody know of a Line yet?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by dinoX, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm gonna go get advance tickets Friday (May 3rd, when they are supposed to be on sale in the 'States) and was wondering if anybody knew if there was gonna be a long ass line like the last time and what time I should go to get near the front half of the line, as I have to work at 3pm Monday-Friday. Many thanks!

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    well i cant say for sure, but i know i will be in line right there with you. maybe i could save you a spot!

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I don't know, sorry! I'm going to Crossroads 20 to see AotC, and I don't even know about the ticket situation there! :p My dad works right behind the theater (practically), so I think he's going to get them. :)

Best of luck getting tickets! :D

4. CORRAN1980

CORRAN1980 Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Dunno buddy, but I am gonna be there, I can pick up some tickets for ya. Email is Corran80@yahoo.com

5. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    If any of you get word on when advance tickets become available, please pass the info on. Hopefully my work schedule will allow time for me to pick some up. I haven't even decided which theatre I will be seeing it at... it would be nice though if the Raleigh Star Wars fans could get together at one of the theatres and rock the place. I'll probably be working the night the movie comes out, and the Raleigh Grande is the closest theatre to my work, so i'll probaly end up there. Only two weeks!

TIE Fighter Hangar Bay

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I've checked with the management of both Raleigh Grand and Crossroads and all questions are still unanswered. Believe me I've hounded them. They have NO idea when tickets will be available nor when showtimes are.

The story is once the booking distributor tells them what times to run the movie, then the computer is updated so that tickets can be sold. Until then, it's anyone's guess when showtimes are and when advance tix are available.

As soon as I know, I'll post the official answer here.
    Tallon

7. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    cool. I'll be going to see Spiderman Sunday at Carmike 15 probably (I need to convince my friend we are going to the Grande for Star Wars)...I'll inquire on tickets there and then...

8. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Good deal. I doubt if they'll know this weekend.

One thing I do know is this: Raleigh Grand only has 3 prints of the film while Cary Crossroads 20 has 4 prints. That means MORE movie times in Cary vs. Raleigh. The other thing is they are wary about camping out for longer than a day at Raleigh, like they did for Episode I. I would expect movie times to be locked in with advance tix sales by late next Monday.

Soon you'll be able to buy advance tix in a kiosk that works much like an ATM machine in the very near future, like this June. It'l be right there in the theatre. Ah, IT technology. ... ain't it grand?!

9. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    i'd like to be the first to cause 'em a blue screen 'o death. mwuhahaha. ;p

10. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I heard that the listings and showtimes will be revealed this thursday, and advance tickets could go on sale as early as Friday at 10am! I'll keep checking on it!

11. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Got Spidey Tickets Wed from the Grande and the word at the window at that time was "We don't know yet"

But the Grande hasa nice sign out front listing Spidey times and such, I would think they would do that for AOTC.

12. waynehead

waynehead Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1998
    I did the exact same thing wednesday when i picked up my spidey tickets from crossroads, the girl was helpful but all she really knew was that she didn't know yet.

I don't know about y'all, but I'll be dropping by crossroads tomorrow anyway, just in case they get the news. Thank god i have off of work.

Also, only 4 prints? Does that mean it'll only be in 4 theaters? I was expecting 5 or 6. Oh well.

13. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Let us know if you find anything out!

Also just saw the new clones footage before Jedi on Fox. Looks good, real good... I cannot wait!

14. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Fellow SW fans. I called the Raleigh Grande tonight - that's one day before tickets are supposedly going on sale in the US. But, what many have said - still holds true - Raleigh Grande has NO CLUE when they'll find out whether or not they'll get Episode II. And keep in mind this point we learned with Episode I tickets. Although they may be allowed to sell them at a certain date, each theater or theater chain has their own policy and Consolidated is no more than a week in advance. Some Carmike cinemas for example didn't sell them until a day before or the day of - so every chain has their own rules. So, in other words:
    *Do not go wait in line at the Raleigh Grande tonight hoping to get tickets tomorrow*

I personally plan to be there May 8th to campout for tickets - they should go on sale May 9th - a week before Ep II's release date. Hope to see you all out there again!

15. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    It appears several theaters are selling tickets starting friday, but none in NC were on the list last I checked, we can only keep our fingers crossed and our eyes and ears open. I was also told it looked like next week when area places would start selling.

16. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    The Wynnsong 15 is Durham is on the list. It is the best place in Durham to see it, but Raleigh/Cary has much better theaters.

I am going to see spidey tonight so I will ask them again. Maybe if enough complaints work their way up to the top they will go on sale a little quicker :)

17. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Nov 25, 2001
    I went to the Raleigh Grande after work Friday night and asked about AOTC tickets. The guy I talked to said to check back on Tuesday. He didn't say more. I don't think I'll be counting on seeing tickets there Tuesday, but there should be some definite info by then on when they will be sold at the Grande.

18. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Well the Grande is falling behind cause I got mine at Crossroads 20 in Cary. Nice theater and the people there seem nicer. The Grande gave me dirty looks whenever I asked. Also when I saw Spidey there the other night the AC was louder than the sound in the theater.

19. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Nov 25, 2001
    Hmm, if what you say is true i might consider a longer drive and go to Crossroads instead... if they're not sold out already. I've actually never been to the Grande because I'm new to Raleigh and usually go to other theaters... is the loud AC a trend? Anyone else have comments on the theatre, good or bad? It won't matter a whole lot though... the movie will overcome it all.

20. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    As far as ppl at the Grande being rude, I've never run into that. However, since they are probably being asked a countless number of times a day about AOTC, I could understand being a little annoyed. I'm not going to drive to Cary because I had a great experience waiting in line at the Grande, and I would love to relive that experience. As those of you who remember, it was it was like a hot day on Tatooine out there. But the management at the Grande gave us free popcorn and water - and this was to over 300 people - at the time. I haven't heard of any other theater doing that. And just the experience of camping out with a bunch of ppl just as insane over SW as yourself is a great experience. I have found their seating, sound, etc to be wonderful and I go there alot, more than any other theater - and I live hours away. But whenever I'm in Raleigh - I go there.I've never, ever run into a problem there, and I hate to break it to you - but a majority of theaters have their AC cranked up. So, I plan to be camping out this Wednesday if AOTC tickets go on sale Thursday, which they should since the Grande sells their tickets a week in advance, and I see no reason why they wouldn't get AOTC. So, if I had a choice of just walking up to Crossroads and grabbing a ticket, or camping out at the Grande for tickets - I'd pick the Grande any day - and I intend to be there for Ep. III as well.

21. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    I love the Grande as well. However, the AC being louder than the movie I am trying to watch got to be annoying.

I also enjoyed waiting in line overnight for EP1. Met some nice people, played some UNO, and laughed at the people fighting wiht lightsabers in the parking lot. However I am three years older, and the idea of sleeping on the ground is less appealing. I would rather wait in line for the movie and not for the tickets.

22. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    I called Crossroads and they still have about 170 tickets for the midnight show available - so I called my Dad and talked him into going to get tickets. I do plan to see Ep II at the Grande, but I hope they get the film! Looks like I'll spend that midnight show in Cary, blah :p

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I am heading down to Crossroads first thing tomorrow to pick up some tickets for the midnight showing, I will see all of you there!

24. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    The thing I am liking about Crossroads is that they are not posting that they are selling the tickets. I don't know if this is to keep lines down or to let fans "in the know" get them first.

25. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    No theater is really publicizing around here - more than likely to keep crazy people like me from camping out! And hey - don't go get all the tickets before I can get there! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.