main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Raleigh Toy and Hobby Show -- Sept. 11 - 12

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Show is this weekend at the fairgrounds in Raleigh. These shows are usually pretty good for collectibles of all kinds, particularly Star Wars! You can get the jist of it and a coupon off the admission at www.insidepitch.com.

2. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    anyone going?

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm hoping to get up there on Sunday. I won't leave until after Sunday school and it looks like I'm gonna take the whole family and just stop at the in-laws for part of the trip. It is all part of the negotiation process that goes on between a Star Wars geek husband and a wife who doesn't want to be left alone with two kids. :)

I'm hoping to get up with Tommy and/or Christian and see if they'll meet me up there.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I managed to get up there Sunday afternoon by around 2pm, which gave me a couple of hours before they closed up shop at 4pm. It was a pretty good show. There were a lot more Star Wars dealers there than usual and a lot of them were unloading figures for a couple of bucks if you bought 2 or 3. I picked up some Flashback figures of Hoth Chewie, Obi-Wan, and Anakin Skywalker at 3 for $10. But the best part was I won one of the door prizes and ended up with a $50 gift certificate to spend at the show! I picked up a vintage Sigma ceramic Yoda bank which was great since Sigma Ceramics is one of my little niche areas of collecting. It was complete and is absolutely mint. For something made in 1982, it looks brand-spanking new! It was definitely worth the trip and I probably could've easily spent more, but I maintained calm for the most part. -
    :D

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Sweet find.

JMK

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Gee, I missed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.