main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ramikad Jorso'ran Jetii'kad [DDC 2015]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So I decided to go a different way for my DDC this year–I was planning on going with Ben Skywalker, but after recently finishing a reread of the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss, I've decided to go with Bardan Jusik. Hope everybody enjoys it! You'll definitely need a Mando'a dictionary to follow it, though...so http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mando%27a]here[/url] is a link to Wookieepedia's Mando'a article. Enjoy. ;)

Entry 1
    18 BBY

Su cuy'gar. I am Bardan Jusik–Bard'ika to my brothers. I was once a Jedi; now I am a Mandalorian. In the past year, the galaxy has fallen apart. The Jedi Order has been destroyed; a Sith Lord has taken over the galaxy. Many of my brothers are scattered across the galaxy, looking for a way to leave an army they were never asked to join. Etain Tur-Mukan is dead, and I must care for her child.

But despite all that, my little world is mostly intact. My buir, Kal Skirata, has gathered his clan to a secret location called Kyrimorut. Most of us are here, but Darman and Niner have not arrived yet. Darman needs to be here; his son, Kad, needs him. I have been teaching Kad to conceal the Force so that the Emperor's agents can't track him and take him away.

Walon Vau is away, looking for Sev. He spends most of his time doing that now. He and Kal used to be fierce enemies, but now they're...well, almost friends. Cin vhetin. A field of snow. Fresh start. It's as if the two of them had never had any personal grievances. They're okay, now. Which is good, because they probably would've murdered each other sooner or later.

We're trying to ship off some Jedi who've come to Kyrimorut. Along with my old Master, Arligan Zey, we have a young girl nicknamed Scout and an ancient Kaminoan named Kina Ha. Kal never intended Kyrimorut to be a Jedi shelter, but that's what it's become. Sooner or later, they'll have to leave, and we're going to try to get them to Djinn Altis, a Jedi Master in hiding. Altis' group survived Order 66 relatively unscathed.

And Doctor Ovolot Qail Uthan is making great headway into curing the clones' rapid-aging problems.

Not everything's okay. Mij Gilamar killed Dred Priest, a member of the Death Watch. Which isn't good, because now Priest's buddies will be out for vengeance. But they've got no way of tracking us, so we'll deal with that when the time comes.

War is raging half a planet away. Apparently, Death Watch, led by a Sith Lord, nearly conquered the desert parts of Mandalore, which is populated by the pacifist "New Mandalorians." They're the red-headed stepchild other Mandalorians don't talk about. But it's going to be a problem soon; some of the New Mandalorians protested, and joined with Death Watch resistance. Now the Sith's Death Watch and the New Mandos and their Death Watch allies are at war with each other. This won't stay isolated for long.

Things are going to be very heated this year, but to me, all that matters is that my family is okay. I'll stop at nothing–I'll sacrifice my life–to protect them.

2. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Entry 2
    18 BBY

I walked out of my room into the living room of the vheh'yaim. I could sense the tension in the room from down the hall. Kal and Ordo stood at the doorway leading to the kitchen; their arms were crossed and they spoke quietly. Kina Ha and Zey were sitting on the couch, looking distinctly uncomfortable. Atin and Fi were armoring up. I frowned.

"Someone want to fill me in?" I asked.

"Plans have accelerated, son," Kal said. "Darman's gone dark."

My heart dropped. Ever since Etain's death, I had feared that Darman was on the verge of a breakdown. I had hoped that the thought of returning to Kad had kept him sane. If he was completely withdrawn, and had decided to stay with the Empire for good, I didn't know how I'd handle Kad'ika. The boy needed his father.

"Elaborate," I said.

"Niner called," Ordo said. "Darman has decided that it's not safe to have any Jedi around his son. He gave Melusar some excuse about going to Mandalore for some intel on Djinn Altis' Jedi. But really, he wants to get rid of the Jedi we've got here in Kyrimorut."

"And he won't answer his comms," Fi added.

"So we have to get Kina Ha and Zey to Altis now," Kal said. "Before Darman gets here and tries to slot them."

I glanced at the two Jedi and wondered where Scout was. The girl had grown quite attached to Gilamar and Uthan; she didn't even want to leave Kyrimorut, at least not right away. But somehow, I doubted that Darman would consider her to be a threat, especially after he saw her. The girl really was heartbreakingly similar to Etain. She even felt similar in the Force.

"So you need me to wipe their memories," I said.

"Right, son," Kal replied softly.

Great. I had been planning to erase Kyrimorut's location from Kina Ha's and Zey's minds. But I had hoped to practice on Arla Fett first; wipe her bad memories from her mind. Doesn't look like I'd have time for that, though. I sighed.

"Okay."

Zey made eye contact with me, and I noticed something. Once, he had looked fearful, bedraggled, uncertain. But now he was more himself than he'd been in a long time. Perhaps since I'd left the Jedi Order. His beard was neatly trimmed and his hair pulled back in a short tail. He wore a pair of brown slacks, a tan shirt, and a dark bantha-leather jacket. His lightsaber was in the inside pocket of the jacket, and he had a blaster strapped to his belt.

"Don't be afraid, Bardan," he said. "Do what you must."

I sat down across from him.

"Zey," I said, "I want you to know something. I never bore any animosity toward you. I still don't. And I'm sorry things had to end up this way. Given the choice, I'd never have wanted to see the Jedi exterminated like this."

I noticed Ordo and Kal stepping closer, looking worried. Ordo, of all people, always seemed afraid that I'd go back to the Order. He didn't know that was not a problem; I'd never go back. But some of the distrust I felt toward the Order had melted away since Order 66. Now I only feel hope. Hope that one day, the Jedi would return as something better than they'd once been.

"It's time, son," Kal said.

I nodded. "Zey, Kina Ha...close your eyes."

"Do me a favor, eh, Bardan?" Zey said softly. "Tell Kad, when he's old enough to understand, that his mother was a terrific Jedi."

"I promise."

I reached out with the Force, and slowly began to wipe all memory of Kyrimorut from their minds. And as I did, tears began to flow freely down my face. For the first time, I realized what Zey had meant to me.

I'd miss him.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    How heartbreaking - although of course for the literal survival factor, it's necessary. :(

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I wanted to show that Bardan still has feelings for the Jedi; he has fond memories of his old friends.

Entry 3

After I finished wiping Kina Ha and Zey's memories, Ordo blindfolded both of them and took them out to the Aggressor starfighter. I still wasn't sure I wanted to go with them. I did want to tell Zey goodbye, but I also felt that I needed to be here to find Dar and Niner when they arrived. Indecision was not a good thing.

Ex-Captain Maze walked out of the house toward the Aggressor, dressed in civvies. He had a blaster at his side, and also a vibroblade up his sleeve and a holdout blaster in his boot. I turned to him.

"I'm going," he said.

"What?"

"I deserted because Zey was my friend and I didn't want him to get hurt." Maze crossed his arms defiantly. "I'm going with him."

I hesitated and glanced over at Kal for some idea on what to do.

"He's free to go, son," Kal said. "I made this place as a haven for clones, not a prison. They can come and go as they please."

"Bardan can wipe my memory if it'd make you feel safer," Maze said.

"No," Kal replied. "You're a clone. I want you to always feel free to come back here, if you want."

"Doubtful," Maze replied. "But thank you."

He boarded the Aggressor with Kina Ha and Zey. Kal and Ordo finished gearing up and turned to me.

"Last chance, Bard'ika," Kal said. "You want to come?"

I sighed deeply and finally shook my head. "Give Altis my best, but I have to be here for my brothers. Dar and Niner are going to be in a spot just getting here, let alone finding a way to ditch the armor and slip away without the Imps at the garrison noticing."

Kal nodded. "I understand, Bard'ika. I'll tell Altis you said hello."

He and Ordo boarded the Aggressor. I watched the ship until it disappeared, feeling a little regret at seeing Zey go, but I had a job to do. I turned to Atin and Fi. They were armored up–purple-and-brown and gray-and-red armor, respectively–and ready to go.

"Tell Corr to stay here with Kad'ika," I said.

"Not a chance," a voice replied.

Corr, wearing green-and-red armor, walked out of the house. I sighed.

"Dar and Niner are my brothers, too," he said. "There are five other Nulls, plus the girls, to watch Kad."

I closed my eyes, pinched the bridge of my nose, and nodded. "Okay. Okay. Get in the cargo speeder. We'll need the close-topped bed so Dar and Niner can hide after we pick them up."

The three clones nodded eagerly and rushed to the garage. I smiled. They were like children, almost. They'd lost the naïve personality they'd had when he'd first met them, but their love for their brothers was like twin six-year-olds sticking together the first day of school. Only there were more than two of them.

I followed them toward the garage. Time to bring two more brothers home.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent, glad he's not going to be exiled/staying without allies. :D Clones do have a filial-type connectino with each other, forged in genetics but also in affection. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart, clones have to be close because they had no one else, except their sergeants and the cold, distant Kaminoans!

Entry 4

We hit Keldabe in a few hours. Because the Imperials had been looking for me, I had switched from my usual green armor to a black-and-turquoise pattern. I wore a single DL-18 blaster holstered at my hip, and I had my lightsaber clipped like a trophy to my belt. Imperials might be suspicious of the sight on other planets, but they knew enough Mandos who carried trophies to assume that's what I had, too.

Fi and Atin each carried a pair of WESTAR-35 blasters, and Atin also carried a short blaster rifle. We didn't plan to take any chances here. There were too many variables here. I tuned my helmet in to Niner's comm frequency, which Jaing had been kind enough to patch me into.

"Okay, vode, we're touching down now," Niner said.

"Don't worry, Ner'ika, the jetiise are gone," Jaing replied. "Darman can relax."

"I have a feeling he'll want to make sure for himself, but I'll tell him. Just so you know–it might be tough to get rid of our squad mate, Rede. He's very eager."

I winced. Rede was a clone from the Spaarti program, and fairly new. He would be absorbing information like a sponge, and trying to stick close to Darman and Niner no matter what, because they were more experienced than he. Niner was right, he'd be tough to get rid of.

"Meet us at these coordinates, Ner'ika," I said. "It's underneath a bridge crossing the river."

Fi chuckled. "It's where Mij slotted Dred Priest."

"That sounds like a story I have to hear," Niner replied. "No time for that now, though. I'm going to try to convince Rede to check in with the local Imperial commander while we meet you."

"Okay, but make it fast."

I led Fi and Atin down to the location, where we stood together, trying to look casual. The nice thing about Mando armor is that we can stand around and everyone will assume we're talking over private comms. They won't bother us.

I fingered my blaster worriedly. What if Rede insists on coming with them? Well–we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Before long, we heard the sound of heavy combat boots clunking down the stairs from the street. Atin tightened his grip on his blaster rifle, and I wrapped my hand around the grip of my blaster. It's funny–there was a time when I would've gone for the lightsaber first, every time.

Three commandos rounded the corner. I closed my eyes and sighed. Three commandos. Niner, Darman, and...and Rede. Atin didn't relax his grip on his rifle an ounce. I stepped forward.

"What do you want, soldier boy?" I demanded.

Niner had told us their cover story–they were tracking down a lead on Djinn Altis. So Atin, Fi, and I would pretend to be informants, at least as long as we were in Rede's presence.

"We need information. From...your boss," Niner said.

I nodded. "I'm sure you do." I jerked my head at Rede. "Who's he?"

"Private Rede," the commando spoke up.

"Was I talking to you?" I barked. I felt bad about it, but I had to keep in character. "I trust Niner and Darman; I'm not so sure about you yet."

"Hey, we all work for the same people, right?" Rede said defensively.

"Udesii, Rede," Niner said, placating. "Calm down."

"We'll take you to the boss," I said, "but not Rede."

"Anywhere you can take my squad, you can take me!" the rookie snapped.

"Maybe next time, kid." I turned back to Niner. "So, what's it gonna be? Go see the boss, or stay here with the rookie?"

Niner glanced at Rede. "Don't worry, kid, we'll be fine. Stay here, at the garrison; we'll contact you as soon as we have the info you need so we can pass it off to the garrison commander."

Rede sighed. "All right, Sarge, if you're sure..."

"I'm sure."

Reluctantly, almost like a sad puppy, Rede sagged his shoulders and walked back up the stairs to the street. I waited several moments to make sure he wasn't just hiding around the corner, waiting to follow us, and the I gestured down to the water.

"Dump your armor in the river," I told them, "and we'll get out of here."

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. So far the plans seem to be going smoothly. No one is suspicious ... hope it stays that way. @};-

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 5

Fi, Atin, and I led Darman and Niner quickly down the narrow streets of Keldabe. They were now wrapped in dark cloaks that covered their military-issue bodysuits. I kept my hand near my blaster as we walked. There was always a chance for something to go wrong. We reached the speeder with no trouble, though. Corr, who we'd left to guard the speeder, leapt out and embraced his brothers. I gestured for the others to get inside.

Our ride was a big cargo speeder, with room for many passengers to hide in the back. Our mechanics–meaning Parja and Atin, mainly, but some others helped out when they could–were working on transferring the cargo bed into more of a troop carrier. But for now they'd have to sit on the floor. I put my hand on Darman's shoulder.

"You want to sit up in the cab with me?" I asked.

Darman stiffened. "Sure, Bard'ika, sure."

I hopped in the driver's seat and powered up the speeder as Darman climbed into the passenger seat beside me. I turned the speeder and headed out of Keldabe. When we left the city behind, I slowed down long enough to pull off my helmet and put it on the seat beside me, and then I kicked up the speed again. I turned to glance at Darman. He was staring straight ahead at the road.

"Dar," I said.

"Hmm?"

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I...I'm fine, Bardan."

I pursed my lips. "You called me Bard'ika earlier, when we were in front of the others. Now it's Bardan. Darman, we're family; you don't have to worry about me. What's wrong?"

"How could you bring Zey to our sanctuary, Bardan? Where my son is?"

I sighed. So that's what this was about; I had figured it was.

"It was a spur-of-the-moment choice, Dar, and I couldn't just dump him into space. If I had, I would've had to dump Maze, too. Though I admit, at the time I was mad enough to do just that."

"But he's still met my son!"

I nodded. "Yes...he did."

"Well. He's not touching my son. In fact, he's not touching any member of my family, or any clone for that matter, ever again."

"Dar, it sounds like you're planning to kill him."

"If he doesn't leave Kyrimorut...I will."

"He's already gone, Dar. He left this morning. Kina Ha and Maze, too."

The air seemed to go out of Darman's body. "Oh...oh." He frowned. "But they know where we are now!"

"No they don't. I wiped their memories of Kyrimorut. They still remember being there but they'll never, ever remember how to get there. No matter how much they're tortured."

Darman closed his eyes and leaned back in his seat, and I could sense relief pouring off him. I'd known that he didn't want Kad to become a Jedi, but I had never realized how strongly he'd felt about it. It tore me up inside how much grief he must've been going through.

"We'll be there in a couple hours, Dar. Then you'll be with Kad, and everything will be all right."

Dar nodded. "But we'll still have to deal with Rede."

I was silent for a long moment. "Well. Then we'll worry about that when the time comes."

Entry 6

We arrived at Kyrimorut and I pulled the cargo speeder into the underground garage. I hopped out, went around to the back, and slid the door open. Fi, Atin, Corr, and Niner hopped out. Fi and Atin quickly embraced Darman, and Niner clasped forearms with me. I patted him warmly on the shoulder.

"Welcome home," I said with a smile.

"Thank you," Niner said.

We led them into the house. I promised them a complete tour later, but for now I led them into the living room. The others who were still here–Kom'rk, Jaing, A'den, Mereel, Prudii, Besany, Gilamar–rushed out to greet the two. Darman grinned from ear to ear, but it was clear that he was looking for Kad. Finally, Laseema walked in carrying the child.

Everything was silent for a long, long moment. Darman locked eyes with the toddler, who instantly realized who he was looking at. Kad kept a serious expression on his face for another moment. Then, he grinned and giggled.

"Boo!" he exclaimed, and rushed up to his father.

Tears streamed down Darman's face as he scooped up his son and squeezed him into a tight hug. The other clones applauded.

"Kandosii!" exclaimed Mereel.

I smiled. For a moment, we could forget our troubles and focus on this beautiful moment.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SWEET! Particularly #6. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 7

After getting our armor put away, we gathered around in the living room. Spread out in chairs throughout the room, the Nulls chewed on strips of nerf meat or typed furiously on datapads. Mij Gilamar was taking Scout out to Uthan's lab; we didn't think now was a good time to have Darman meet her, for more reasons than just that she was a Jedi. Darman sat on the couch with Kad on his knee, with Niner, Corr, Fi, and Atin beside him. I sat across from them on the other couch.

"Rede will get suspicious eventually," Niner said. "We'll have to work something out."

"I'm working on it," Jaing replied. "I'm trying to forge an MIA record for both of you, and get Rede transferred off-planet."

"That won't help," Niner said grimly. "Rede's a learner, and he's persistent. And he's loyal; he won't leave this world as long as he thinks we're in trouble."

"He'd defy a direct order?" I asked.

"If he thought it was for the good of the squad, I think so," he said with a nod.

I clenched my jaw. "Well, then it could become a problem. For now, we'll check in at regular intervals to make sure he's still in Keldabe. If he starts asking around for Mandos fitting our description, we'll know he's getting suspicious. Nobody will turn us in of course; we're an vode."

"Actually, somebody might turn us in," Mij said as he walked in. "Isabet Reau. She's a member of Death Watch; I killed her boyfriend, Dred Priest. Sooner or later she'll figure out who did it, and she'll be looking for us. She's the kind who wouldn't be afraid to go to the Empire for help."

"I think it might be time to consider packing up and moving on," Jaing said. "It's getting a little hard to breathe here."

"We can't make that decision without Kal'buir," I said. "When he and Ordo get back, then we can start talking about that. For now, we need to get a hold of everybody else in the clan. Jaing, find Yayax Squad and Ruusaan. Kom'rk, go down to the farm and find Levet." I pulled out my comlink. "I'm going to get a hold of Ny and get a status update from her."

The two Nulls jumped up and headed out to do as I'd instructed. With my comlink halfway to my mouth, I froze. Mij was grinning at me knowingly. I realized that I had just snapped out orders like the General I'd once been. I blinked.

"Guess you never forget how to give orders," I mused.

Mij chuckled. "No indeed, Bard'ika. But look: they all listened, no questions. I'll go get Uthan and...and the girl."

I nodded. "Okay." I glanced at the Omegas and the rest of the Nulls. "All right, boys, you can disperse. We've got at least half a day before Kal'buir gets back, so no reason to hang back here. Corr, Atin, Fi, give Niner and Dar a tour if you want."

They nodded and broke off, some toward the kitchen–clones were always hungry–and others to different parts of the house. Mij headed down the hall toward Uthan's lab. I dialed Ny's comm code into my link.

"Ny," I said, "you there?"

"I'm here," she said. "Good timing, Bardan; I was just getting ready to call you."

"What's up?"

"It's Vau, kid. He...he's found Sev."

My heartbeat accelerated. Vau had been looking for Sev since the clone had disappeared on Kashyyyk over a year ago. Most of us had given up hope that Sev was even alive.

"That's...wonderful," I said.

"I'm heading in to pick them up now," she said.

"That's great. Get them back here ASAP; we've got a lot to talk about. Bardan out."

"Roger that. Nyreen out."

I shoved my comlink back into my pocket and pumped my fist in joy. Sev was alive! Maybe things were looking up, despite all the obstacles in our way. Things wouldn't be easy, but I think we're going to be all right.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super news about Sev and great that Bardan knows how to orchestrate a sound strategy. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 8

I strode around the perimeter of the farm, making sure everything was as it should be. I'd called in Sull and Spar–the two Alpha ARC troopers weren't exactly happy members of Clan Skirata, but they'd been of help in the past and they had a vested interest in us; they wanted Doctor Uthan's cure for accelerated clone aging. Until they got that, they'd probably be as helpful as possible.

Once I was confident, both with my helmet scanners and the Force, that everything was normal, I went back inside. I stopped briefly at Arla Fett's room. I felt her mental torment and my heart went out to her. My hand hovered over the access pad to her room. She had been violent at times; once hitting me over the head with rebar. It had hurt. But right now, she seemed fairly stable, at least for her.

I slid the door open a crack. "Arla? It's Bardan. Can I come in?"

"Y-yes," she said softly.

I walked in and left the door open behind me, just a bit. I carefully put my helmet and blaster down on a side table so she would see me as less threatening–if a guy decked out in Mando armor could ever be non-threatening. She was huddled on her bed, facing the corner. Her fingernails were starting to grow back, a bit ragged after she'd scratched them down to the nubs trying to claw through the walls. I gave her a sympathetic look.

"Can I sit down?" I asked.

She hesitated. "Okay."

I sat down on the edge of the bed, as far from her as I could get so she would feel unthreatened. I reached my hand out and placed it between us.

"I'm still going to help you," I said.

"When?" she asked.

"Soon," I replied. "Things have been a bit crazy lately; I had to mind-wipe the Jedi first and then Darman and Niner got here so I had to run to Keldabe to retrieve them. But I'm back now, and I'll help you soon."

Her haunted eyes looked at me. "I'm glad. I...can't take the memories for much longer."

"I promise, you won't have to."

Abruptly, she slid close to me. She kept from touching me still, though. She looked me in the eye for a long moment.

"You're a good person," she said. "I can tell."

"Thank you," I said, surprised. "And so are you."

Her eyes dropped. "No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Everybody makes bad decisions...that doesn't mean that they can't change."

"I will change," Arla said. "As soon as you rid me of the memories of what I did."

Arla still wouldn't talk about what she had done. I knew she had committed several murders, and had been a willing member of the Death Watch. Whatever had brought her to her senses, it had also made her feel she was a despicable person. But she'd just been a kid when Death Watch had taken her, and of course over time she had grown to be comfortable around them...it was only natural.

"I have to go now," I said. "Kal will be back soon and we need to have a strategic meeting. Once that's done...I'll try to fix you."

"Thank you," she said.

I stood and retrieved my blaster and helmet. I stopped at the door and looked back at Arla. Her choppy, ragged blond hair and dull blue eyes made her appear crazy, but I knew better.

"I'll be back," I said.

I walked out and closed the door behind me. I holstered my blaster, slid on my helmet, and walked back to the main living room. It was time to make a plan.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- @};- for Arla's predicament and Bardan's compassion.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 9

Vau and Ny got back with Sev before Kal and Ordo returned. Everyone in Kyrimorut ran out to see them land; Sev's disappearance had been a big deal for all of us and the fact that he was finally back was phenomenal. Vau brought him out on a hover-gurney; he looked like he was in bad shape. Fi rushed straight up to the side of the gurney, as did Gilamar.

"Get him to the my examination room," Gilamar said.

Sev groaned incoherently. I could sense that he was out of it; likely he was sedated. I wondered just what condition he'd been in when they'd found him. His hair was long, overgrown, and his beard was full and rough. He had a long, jagged scar over one eye.

"Where was he?" I asked.

Vau hesitated. "Come inside."

Fi and Gilamar rushed him through the narrow corridors. A few of the other Nulls gathered around Vau and I.

"He was in the lowest bellies of the jungle," Vau said. "He was in worse condition than that when I found him; covered in blood, not all of it his. By my guess, he was captured, and the Trandoshans released him and hunted him for sport. Somewhere along the way he killed one and nabbed a rifle. Who knows how long he'd been surviving out there. Lots of the blood was Trandoshan and Geonosian, but I'd guess some was native fauna, too. Katarn beasts, most likely."

I whistled. "He's a tough one, that's for sure."

Vau nodded proudly. "Of course he is. I trained him that way."

"How do you think he's going to react when he finds out we deserted?" asked Atin.

"He may not take it well at first," Vau said. "But if any of the Deltas would come around to it...it'd be him."

"Okay." I stood. "I'm going to go see if there's anything I can do for him."

As I walked out, Vau greeted Darman and Niner. I knew he'd already be planning for the worst, which was good; I needed him ready with an idea when Skirata got back. I entered the medbay.

Sev had been wearing his armor, but only some of it. His leg plates were completely gone, as were his gauntlets, and there were pockmarks all over his chest plate. He'd been through a ringer.

He groaned. "Boss...Boss...Fixer? Scorch!"

"He's coming to," Gilamar said.

"He'll definitely need surgery," Fi said. "He's got some internal bleeding. Plus his left arm and right leg are broken, and he's got a hairline fracture on his skull."

I placed a hand on Sev's forehead and pushed healing Force energies through his body. I know they were right; he'd need surgery. But I could mend some of the damage and lessen the pain, as well. Suddenly, Sev pushed himself up.

"What? Where am I?"

Gilamar pushed him back down on the bed. "You're in a safe place, my lad."

"Doc...?" He turned. "Fi? What happened? How'd...I get off Kashyyyk? Where are Boss, Fixer, and Scorch? This doesn't look like Coruscant."

"Later," Fi said. "You can worry yourself into a tizzy after we've fixed you. For now, rest. You need it."

I did all I could with the Force and then left Gilamar and Fi to do their part. We spent the rest of the day waiting for Skirata and Ordo to get back.

Entry 10

In the middle of the night, I sensed a disturbance and rolled off my bed. A small vibroblade slapped into the palm of my hand as I Force-pulled it from my bedside table. I rushed out into the hall, ready to cut down an intruder.

But the disturbance came from inside the house. I stopped outside the door to the room we'd given Darman and Kad. Darman was groaning softly, and I realized he was probably having a nightmare.

"No...no..." he groaned. "Etain...Etain..."

I closed my eyes sadly and lowered the vibroblade. This was a pain I couldn't heal myself. Darman would have to find a way to cope. I felt bad for him...nobody should have to endure such a thing, especially at his age.

I went back to bed, but there was no sleep for me that night.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Poor Darman :( and :eek: Sev is a survivor for sure! @};-

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 11

Skirata and Ordo got back the next day and were reunited with Niner and Darman in a flurry of hugs, forearm-clasps, and backslaps. The rest of us stood by and grinned at the reunion. Kad toddled up to Grandpa Kal–Ba'buir–and Kal picked him up and gave him a sloppy kiss on the forehead. Kad giggled.

"Well, what's everyone standin' around for?" Kal asked. "Let's get inside!"

The clan gathered in the living room. Kal seemed surprised to see Walon, and when the other man approached Kal and spoke to him softly, he seemed even more shocked. No doubt he had never expected Sev to return alive. As stubborn as the old man was, even he tended to lose hope at a point. But he gave Vau a ferocious grin and patted him on the shoulder.

I straddled a chair and cleared my throat. "So. It seems we've got a long list of problems building up."

Kal sat down on the couch and interlaced his fingers. "Do tell."

"First of all, Dar and Niner's squadmate, Rede, is on Mandalore, waiting for them to report. It's been almost two days now since they arrived so he's got to be getting suspicious. Another thing: Death Watch is going to be out for revenge for Priest's death, and if they team up with the Empire our problems are stacking. Then, there's Sev. I don't think he's going to rush back to join the Empire but he's not going to like leaving the rest of the Deltas in there, either."

It was at that moment that Scout walked in the room. My heart rate accelerated and I hoped that Darman wouldn't notice her. Unfortunately, my hopes were in vain. His eyes, sweeping across the room, caught sight of her. His jaw dropped for a moment and he actually physically recoiled. Tears began to well in his eyes.

"Shab," he whispered. "She–"

Gilamar walked over to Scout. "It's all right. I've sort of taken her under my wing, lad. She's one of us now."

"She looks like Etain," Darman finished quietly.

Scout looked around guiltily. "I...I was just coming to let everyone know that Doctor Uthan thinks she made a breakthrough in the formula. She should be ready to test it by tomorrow."

Kal grinned fiercely. "Kandosii!"

But Darman just kept looking at Scout. Niner put a hand on his shoulder.

"Udesii, Dar," he said. "It's okay."

I wondered if I should've warned Darman about Scout, but there would've been no easy way to handle this. Not really.

"Well," Kal said. "I guess our plans will have to be put on hold. With Uthan this close to a cure, we can't move her now. Once we've finished that up, then we can worry about relocating."

That didn't sound safe to me...but he was right. What else could we do? I just hoped the niggling doubt in the back of my mind was just that; doubt. Because if it was a warning from the Force, we were about to be in big trouble.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool with Scout showing up and awesome about the cure. :) Hope that is all it is, overworrying, not a real warning. :oops:

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 12

Mereel and I went to Enceri to meet up with Spar and Sull. The two Alpha-class ARCs had insisted on being present when Uthan came up with their cure; they wanted in on it. They hadn't arrived since I'd called them a few days earlier, and I was getting worried.

I slid out of the speeder's driver seat and walked down the street, Mereel on my tail. We planned on meeting Spar and Sull in Enceri's cantina. Fi and I had met them there two years ago; they seemed to be regulars there. I walked inside, Mereel behind me, and looked around. The two green-and-red armored Mandalorians sat in the back corner, helmets on, watching the door. I jerked my head in that direction. Mereel nodded and headed over.

Spar and Sull don't like me; they still identify me with the Jedi Order they hate so much. So I stood by the door and watched while Mereel got them. Then my eyes narrowed as I noticed another Mandalorian, with a similar color scheme on his armor, sitting at the bar. I sidled over and sat down beside him.

"I'll have what he's having," I said to the bartender.

The other Mandalorian looked at me. His helmet was off; long reddish-blond hair spilled over his collar. He smirked as he realized who I was, and it widened into a full grin as I pulled my helmet off.

"Hello, lad," he said.

"Fenn Shysa," I replied. "Su cuy'gar."

"Talked to old Kal about you a while back. Guess he didn't take too kindly to my suggestion, eh? Or did he even tell ya?"

I nodded. He'd told me. Fenn wanted me to mate with Mandalorian women, lots of them, to create a breed of Force-sensitive Mandalorian children. Fenn didn't know, I guess, that even a Force-sensitive parent didn't guarantee a Force-using child. Even if it had, I wasn't too keen on the idea.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, lad, don't feel forced to do it, now," he said. "You do what you're comfortable with, 'right?"

"Thanks." I took the drink the bartender handed me and sipped at it.

"So." Shysa's eyes traveled over to Mereel and the ARCs. "Looks like someone might've found somethin' on a little bit of research been going on out at Kal's place, am I right?"

"Possibly," I said with a wink.

"That's good. Them's good boys, there, and they deserve a full life."

"Glad you think so, too." I stood and retrieved my helmet. "We'll be in touch, Mand'alor."

Mereel, Sull, and Spar approached me, and we all walked out the door together. I pulled my helmet on and opened a private link to Mereel.

"Did they say why they didn't come to Kyrimorut?" I asked.

"They think they're being followed," Mereel replied.

"Shab."

I reached out with the Force, checking to see if I could sense eyes on us. I didn't, but that didn't mean anything. The followers might've dropped back for a while, or even lost Spar and Sull by now. Didn't mean they hadn't been right about being followed.

"Okay," I said. "We follow safe procedure. Can't lead anybody back to Kyrimorut."

"Right." Mereel paused. "Bard'ika, on your left."

I glanced over. Two Mandalorians stood there, one in black-and-blue armor and the other in brown and rust-red. On their shoulder pads, they wore the Death Watch symbol.

"Shab," I said again.

"Look, they're moving to intercept us."

I opened my 'link so Sull and Spar would hear. "Okay, you guys are being followed. Here's what we're going to do: get in the speeder and head back for Kyrimorut. Mereel and I will deal with them and then use our jetpacks to get home."

Sull and Spar didn't nod, but I knew they'd understood; they maneuvered away toward the speeder. I flexed my fist, getting ready to drop my gauntlet vibroblade for a fight. Mereel had his hand close to his blaster.

"Here we go," he said.

Entry 13

As Sull and Spar got into the speeder, the two Death Watch boys dropped all pretense of subtlety and walked straight toward Mereel and I. I turned and crossed my arms, making it fully apparent I wasn't intimidated by them in the slightest. Mereel kept himself loose, ready to draw and fire in an instant.

"Where are they going?" asked Rust-Red.

"None of your business." I nodded toward his shoulder pad. "That emblem could get your face kicked in, 'round here. You've got some gett'se, walking around adorned like that."

"Oh, I don't know," Blue said. "I don't think it's so risky."

"No?"

He shook his head. "Nah. Listen, why don't we make this easy. Just tell us where those two are headed, and things don't have to get all unpleasant like, yeah?"

I dropped my arms to my sides. "No can do, chum."

Rust-Red chuckled. "Good."

He lunged at me, swinging his right fist at my jaw. I instantly recognized the danger as his gauntlet vibroblade ejected. I jumped back, dodging the swipe, and lunged with my own gauntlet blade. Mereel whipped his blaster out and opened fire on Blue. I stepped in, catching Rust-Red's side with a snap-kick. He grabbed my leg, but I planted myself with the Force and jerked it back, sending him off-balance. He stumbled forward right into a punch I delivered to his jaw. His helmet slipped off and he staggered back.

Rust-Red had a shaven head, ice-blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek. I filed that information away and lunged in, stabbing my gauntlet blade at his throat. He pulled back and grabbed my arm with his left hand, and then punched upward with his right, intending to stab me in the armpit with his gauntlet blade. I dropped my left arm, smacking his right, causing his blade to skid harmlessly off my breastplate with an unpleasant screech.

Mereel had finished off Blue with a blaster bolt to an unarmored strip at his gut, and a follow-up shot to the throat. Now, he whirled and trained his blaster on Rust-Red. I head-butted Rust-Red; with my helmet on, it crunched his nose violently. He staggered back as blood flowed freely. Mereel took his chance, cutting down Rust-Red with a series of blaster shots.

"Let's get out of here," I said. "Fast."

Mereel nodded. "Sounds good to me."

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific action. Took care of the Mandos in efficient fashion.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart

Entry 14

We made it back to Kyrimorut quickly. Mereel ran in ahead of me, and I followed after making sure that no one had followed us. After I was certain, I activated the perimeter defenses and then went inside and locked the doors. Mereel was talking to Ordo and A'den. I walked over to them.

"Have Kom'rk and Atin lock down everything," I said. "We can't be too careful."

Ordo nodded and headed off to comply. A'den turned to me.

"Doctor Uthan is almost ready," he said. "Spar volunteered to be the first test subject."

I'd figured as much. Spar wanted a normal life more than anybody; he'd actually deserted the Grand Army before the Clone Wars had even started, with the help of Mij Gilamar, who'd smuggled him off Kamino.

"Good," I said. "How's Sev?"

"Awake and mad," A'den replied. "He's not happy about the whole 'desertion' thing. You should talk to him."

I nodded and headed down toward the medbay. I knocked on the door and, after a moment, heard a gruff grunt that I assumed was permission to enter. I slid the door open and walked in. Sev was dressed casually, in black pants, a red shirt, and a white jacket with red pinstripes on the sleeves. He paced the medbay impatiently, as if he were a caged animal.

"You're looking snappy," I said.

"Save the friendly banter," Sev growled. "I don't want to talk."

"Yeah, you do," I replied. I sat down in a chair near the door. "Sev, I get it. For all your bluster and gruffness, you're loyal to the Republic. You want to go back, be with your brothers again."

He nodded. "That's right."

"But Sev...it's not the Republic anymore. It's the Empire."

"So?" Sev was silent for a moment. "I get it, the management is worse than we thought. But does that matter? The army's the same, and so are the people in it. And my brothers are there. They're doing the same thing they did before: following orders and keeping their heads down? Is that wrong?"

"No," I replied. "But what happens when they're ordered to put down innocents just because they're protesting against the Emperor? You're a sniper, Sev. Could you really put a round through a twelve-year-old girl's head just because she was holding a sign that said 'We want the Republic back'?"

Sev hesitated. "I..."

"Could you? Could Boss? Scorch? Fixer? At some point, they're going to face those choices, and they're going to have to decide whether they can live with following orders and killing all kinds of innocent people, or if they want a change." I stood and put a hand on his shoulder. "And you're going to have to make the same decision. You know Vau's proud of you, right?"

"Yeah. Because I did what I was supposed to–sacrificed myself so my squad-mates could live. I did my job. But now I'm not. And how can I go back?"

I shrugged. "Well. That's up to you, Sev. But if you do go back...are you going to tell anyone about us?"

He didn't respond. I turned and headed for the door.

"Just think about it, Sev," I said.

I headed out the door without another word. I had something else I needed to do.

Entry 15

I walked into Arla's room. She looked at me carefully from underneath her bangs, and I could tell she was debating on whether or not it was okay to come near me. She had trust issues. I held up my hands to show her they were empty and stepped closer.

"It's okay," I said.

"Are...you going to help me now?" she asked.

"Yes, I am," I replied. "I need you to sit down, now."

Slowly, she lowered herself to her bed and looked up at me. I knelt in front of her and, slowly, took one of her hands in my left hand. Then, I placed my right hand on her forehead. I began to search through her memories for what she wanted to get rid of, and brought those memories to the surface. She began to struggle.

"No," she moaned. "Stop...no! I don't want to remember these things!"

"You won't," I said. "Just wait."

I began to take those memories, one by one, and wipe them from her mind. It wasn't an easy process; wiping too much could damage her even more than she already was, but wiping too little could leave her exactly the same. So I took it slowly, removing the bad memories one by one. I wasn't sure how long it took. It could've been hours or seconds. But finally, I felt like I'd finished. I looked at her expectantly.

"Well?"

She blinked. "I...I feel better."

"Good." I rose. "You know who you are?"

"I'm Arla Fett," she said, nodding. "Thank you, Bardan Jusik. You've made me myself again. Can I...leave this room now?"

"I'll talk to Kal," I replied. "For now, get some rest, and know that no nightmares will haunt you this night."

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and true things he said to Sev and yay for helping Arla! Probably will get the sweetest most restful sleep she's had in a long time now.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I have totally failed to update this properly. I'm pretty sure I've missed too many updates to still be in the actual running. I'll still try to update it, though, as I had a definitive plan for where I wanted the story to go (before my muse surrounding it died :p). So even though there wasn't an update in the entire month of July (!), I'll definitely try to wrap the story up.