main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Rampant Ep3 Speculation

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I was bored, debating some of the finer points of SW with some friends when I thought of this. Does anyone else think that old George is gonna pull a fast one on us and show that Sidious and Palpatine are NOT the same person? I feel he's been beating us over the head with it for two movies, and the connection is far too bluntly made. Maybe Sid is the evil clone of Palpatine AND the father of Anakin (dark jedi memory wipe?)

Any other crazy thoughts, post away!

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We were talking about this at the meeting today a little. Would if Palpitine is a clone of Sidious and his force sensitivity was genetically taken out. That would explain why the Jedi don't sense him.

3. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hmm. The idea of Sidious being Anakin's real father would fit well. He seemed interested in him even before Anakin went towards the dark side...

4. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I dont get why Lil Boba will be in EP3, but Fluke came up with a great idea. Yya ya, everyone is thinking Boba will Mace, we have heard it, but this has more of a twist. There is no way Boba could kill Mace.......unless hes wounded! Ii really dont want to see a lil kid blasting away at Mace and Mace goes down. I would rather see Mace get seriously hurt by Dooku/Palpy/Anakin and Lil Boba finishes him off. Walks over and blasts Mace right in the head. I love the idea Fluke has. I only wish Mace didnt actually need to die. But hey, f you want morbid death scenes, have a kid do the kill, and bingo! As for the Palpy anakins daddy thing, well its possible but I really think his dad is pimp ET! ;) ET and Shmi sitting in a tree!

5. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    A friend of mine and I debated the issue of Boba killing Mace Windu. One of the conclusions we came to is that after seeing his clone/slash father killed by Mace, Boba decides to go back to Kamino and have himself put through the growth acceleration process for the clones, since he had been left unaltered as per Jango's request. This would allow him to become a fully grown adult, with Jango's inate abilities, making him more of a match for Mace. I still think its a stretch that he could kill him, but that scenario makes it more plausible anyway. Just my two cents. :)

6. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I was thinking that there could have been two Palaptines, maybe not a clone but a brother (sid) who is force sensitive and one who isnt (palpy) Rox, you also have to consider that Sidious is pulling his version of the Yoda trick. A powerful dark side presence masked by the power light presence of the COuncil- plus they have lost the ability to use the Force to some extent. =)

My idea about Boba was posted on TFN a while back, but it would involve him disintegrating someone, to make the line in ESB make sense. I like crimson knight's idea! Does anyone know if Daniel Logan has been resigned? if he was, that ends our hopes of seeing an adult Boba.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I heard that Daniel Logan is going to be in Episode 3, but Crimson Knight's theory of an adult Boba could still hold up if Daniel was in the movie.

8. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    How old was he in AOTC? 12? 13?

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    10, methinks..

10. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Saberpilot is right, that he was supposed to be about 10 years old. Which, if he doesn't have his growth accelerated, would put him at 12 or 13 for the next movie.

11. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I don't want to see Boba kill Mace that is a cop out. Plus is that anyway for a bad MF'er like Mace to die! Hell no. Darth Vader is the only way to go out in style.

My friends and I do nothing but discuss Episode III anymore. I try to avoid it because its three years away and it will just make me way to excited.

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    George does seem to get a cheap thrill out of letting fans think something for years, then pulling a switch or doing something completely unexpected. However, I'm going to predict that Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same. After all, Dooku went by the alias Lord Tyrannus. I think its just the Sith version of screen names ;)

Who kills Mace? I was in the Boba camp until it was pointed out that EpIII will only be set a few years after AOTC and Boba would only be in his early teens. The growth acceleration theory is a clever idea, but I'm now going with Dooku or Anakin taking out Mace. Or Sidious. That would be cool, we've now seen Yoda lightsaber battle, how about Sidious lightsaber battle with Mace? After all, someone had to teach Maul how to saber fight and if there is only two Sith it must have been Sidious . . .

Yep, I'm betting on one of the Sith taking out Mace.

As for Boba, I haven't any real theory or clue what he'll be up to in EPIII, excepting wanting revenge on the Jedi.

I'm very curious about what Obi-Wan and the council know about what Anakin did on Tatooine. Do they find out about his little trip to the Dark Side or does that incident just get 'lost' with all the other stuff that happens? Does Obi-Wan take Anakin aside and explain that his impulsively attacking Dooku instead of following Obi's directions resulted in their getting their butt kicked and Dooku getting away? Lost arm or not if he was my Padawan, Anakin would be the recipient of my foot up his butt.

When do the Jedi find out about Padme and Anakin's marriage (is it the wedding announcements and invite to the reception that tip them off ;) )?

My opinion on what will happen changes almost every day. I think I'm going to try and stay spoiler free again for EpIII. This sort of speculation thread doesn't count as spoilers as its just us guessing what's going to happen and not any definite descriptions of the plot or scenes.

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm glad this thread is getting some interest!

I am of the opinion that Boba will be more of a sideline player in 3... some clues in his series of YA books let me think that another hunter will take a more prominent role (I dont want to spoil the books if anyone is waiting to read them)

One of the Sith taking out mace would be great! Im bummed that a lot of the fight btwn Mace and Jango was axed, now Sam doesnt hae a chance to get MTV best fight award (but Yoda on the other hand...) Bottom line is that Mace needs to show why he is the man a little more IMHO.

I bet Yoda will talk to Obi about the anger he felt from Anakin on Tatooine. Hearing QuiGon seems to have been a first, we have yet to see anyone in Spirit form in the prequels.

Anakin seems to perpetually have Obi's boot up his keister. Speaking of his hand, do you think skin coverings for bionic arms will be "invented" in time for 3?

My guess is that Anakin constantly sneaking over to Padme's place will get picked up eventually- Maybe he will be wear a token of her affection or something like that.

14. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    Jango put up no fight what so ever against Mace which, in a way, bumbed me out. I would have enjoyed seeing Mace somewhat wounded maybe like shot in the arm by Jango, to prove Jango is the best hunter in the galaxy even more!

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    ::prays for good DVD extras reincorporated into the film::

16. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I really don't know what to think at this point about Ep3. There are too many questions to be answered.

17. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    Ii am worried Lucas will forget stuff, like anakins jedi saber eventually becomes Lukes. Obi Wan is a general in the clone wars and all that. Those better be in EP3 along with Tarkin. Honestly, you really have to wonder who the heck tarkin is, he gets this huge role in ANH, then is killed, backtalks to Vader, and vader does not even think twice about killing him and finally Tarkin gets such a high position in the empire, yet hes not in any other films yet. He MUST be in EP3 or I will be mad.

18. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i agree that George Lucas better not forget some important things. I hate Plot holes!!! As for what happens I have heard speculation that Padme dies or at least Anakin thinks she did. Personally I think everyone dies (well, kinda...wait that already is suppossed to happen). what I'd really like to see(and There was a poll on this) the very end, Obi-wan walks away from the Lars homestead into the desert. I think that Padme dies during birth and i think that one kinda tips off the Jedi, maybe I don't know. I think that now...ask me later.

Oh yeah...master I'll remember not to kill anyone i don't want your foot up my butt lol.

19. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I think the possibility of Robert Carlyle being a young Tarkin. You can see it in their eyes. He can definitely bring his presence to Ep3. Of course he wouldnt be a Grand Moff. Maybe he'll be a Private or Corporol or something. And he went up in the ranks.

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Stina, it wasn't the killing that Anakin deserved the anally inserted foot for, it was not following directions from his master about how to kill someone. See the difference? Please note it somewhere should the situation arise for you.

21. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    *makes mental note* ok...i'll remember to listen to you when you tell me how to kill someone.

22. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    (prays) Please don't kill the sith's apprentice.. (bites nails)

23. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    I won't you are to nice to kill...i only kill the bad guys aka my little sister.

24. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    YAY! Anyways, back on target..
    Has anyone other than me heard the speculation that there may be a red-haired baby girl in Ep. III? I remember I read it somewhere on the internet (I know, it was a very bad source, prob., but still!)
    IF GL went through w/this, wouldn't he be kinda counting the EU as.. truth? and more, rather, than the 'parallel' universe thing he's set up?
    Just thought I'd post this to see what you guys think.

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Red hair? Who is supposed to have red hair in the EU? I figure any color hair could do, since babies' hair always seems to change as they grow older. Did you all hear the news that Ep2 DVD will have 8 Deleted scenes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.