Pittsburgh, PA Rampant Ep3 Speculation

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Mara Jade. O.O Eight deleted scenes?? ^_^
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ah, yeah!

I heard about the deleted scenes on Monday.

They say that the scenes were made specifically for the DVD. What a load of bunk. This is footage that GL just decided not to put in the film but was done before the release of the movie.

ILM may have "enhanced" the deleted scenes but I doubt that they were made for it specifically.

Still, I look forward to them.
  3. JediJasen Jedi Youngling

star 3
    3 deleted scenes have to be a longer fight between Jango and Obi Wan on Kamino. I thought that went rather too fast. More length in the Jango vs Mace vs the Reek. Mace has to calm it somewhere in there. And Ki Adi and Plo Koon with some other Jedi shutting down the battle droids from a computer.
  4. jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There's also a scene showing clones going into the foundries, last I heard.

Also, they may include the scene where the Jedi assault the Neimoidian dropship/sphere. This shot was done but deleted do too the complexity of the moment, ie: Arena battle/rescue, then lightsaber duel.

Lucas thought that the Jedi Assault scene added too much to follow for younger viewers. I think he planned this the whole time, knowing we fans would get a REAL KICK out of the deleted scenes. He makes it a must have!

BTW, even though I think this has already been said, EPII is scheduled to release on Video/DVD November this year.
  5. JediJasen Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I just remembered other added scenes would be the Lars family. Beru had no lines in the movie, so hopefully we'll hear her speak. And also Padme's family was cut out.
  6. I_have_zam_cards Jedi Youngling

star 1
    when is the DVD coming out.
  7. Shewski Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DVD is out on Nov. 12.

Saber, I must have had a massive brain drain when I read your post. I thought you were saying that Padme would have a red headed kid- rereading it now would make sense.

I'm guessing that the scenes would be spruced up so they look like they could fit into the movie (post production, etc)
  8. Shewski Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How old would Lando be at the time of Ep2?

Could he or maybe his family have owned the Falcon back then and been vacationing on Naboo? He'd be like 9-10, wouldn't he be?

9. I_have_zam_cards Jedi Youngling

star 1
    thats like forever away aaaahhhhhhhhh no cant wait till it comes to dvd.
  10. karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Being that the outrider is seen in ANH special edition, I find it highly likely that mara would have a background cameo!
  11. Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I suppose it's asking for too much to have a nude Aayla Secura scene. Maybe just a gratuitous shower scene or something... awwwwyeah.. [face_devil]
  12. Saberpilot Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Indeed.. an infant mara. She'd probably still kick bum.
    I cannot wait for the DVD. I do believe GL said that when he remakes the entire saga (all 6) that there will be inserted scenes in the original trilogy so that the consistancy with the PT would be better.
    Why do that, in my opinion? My friends get it. And they're newbies.
  13. Shewski Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I guess for "continutity". The Imp March in ep4 would be neat, and inserting a glimpse of Natalie when Luke and Leia are talking in ep6 would be good, especially if you are watching them in order. I think he just wants to try and connect them even more that he has done already, though little knickknacks, maybe a hologram of quigon and obiwan, some of the other jedi in the backgrounds.
  14. Saberpilot Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ah.. yes, I can see how an image of Padme during that scene would be appropriate.
  15. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Shewski, in the EU universe, Lando got the Falcon in a Sabacc game (Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu)

Why does St. George keep messing with his films, adding scenes and rearranging things? Personnally, I think its the same reason any author does -- because each time you read your own work you see stuff that could be improved. Its always a WIP to the one that makes it. In George's case, he has the money to make the changes and a market willing to buy the new changes (admit it, even if we don't like the changes, we'll buy them, then argue/complain endlessly about them. Greedo shooting first comes to mind)

I'm so excited about the release of EpII on DVD. The only reason I got a DVD player in the first place was to see EpI. (I still only own a grand total of 3 DVD movies -- TPM, Thumb Wars and Shrek. And Shrek is over at my sister's house.)

All the extras were incredible. I just wish that instead of putting the deleted scenes by themselves, that you had a choice of watching the film with them inserted into place.
  16. jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I heartily agree GC. We should be able to play the movie with the deleted scenes inserted.

The X-Men DVD allows for this and we all know SW is way better. (Don't get me wrong X-men was great. )

I just hope we get a grand 4-5 hour movie. That would be awesome. If GL plans on not doing another SW then go out with a bang. There is WAY TOO MUCH story left to be told in EPIII for it to be a 2 1/2 hour movie. If not a 4-5 hour movie then make EP3 1/2.
    (I bet some fans will make a short called this), maybe we could, ha

Too many ideas not enough time or money!
  17. Shewski Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's right, I try to forget about that book- actually, all 3 lando books =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.