Rancho Cucamonga Public Library Star Wars Day 2011!!!!

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Darth_Al, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Okay folks, the day is soon at hand and I need who ever is coming to this years Star Wars Day to let me know when you're working the table for a hour. Please post below when you can do your part to support the IEFF and show the general public what we're all about!

Table schedule

11am - 1pm

Mike Sheila Dane - Set up

1pm - 2pm
    Mike Sheila
    Jessie Natalie

2pm - 3pm

3pm - 4pm
    Mike Sheila

Take down: Mike and sheila
  2. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Natalie and I can help from 1-2 if that's ok
  3. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Done! I've put you on the schedule!=D=
  4. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course we'll be there! Is there going to be a posting on the boards for the library like last year? I don't know how to do that.
    The car is looking great, almost finished.

5. Jendi Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I can be there whenever you need me. I plan on helping with the library volunteering as well, so I will float back and forth!! :-B I can fill in the gaps!!
  6. Darth_Al Jedi Master

star 1
    The library should be pretty well covered volunteer-wise Jen so feel free to help the IEFF as needed.
  7. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Jennifer, I've got you down for the 2-3 time slot. Feel free to come as early as you want and hang out and help out! We totally need your smiling face at the table helping out! :D

Table schedule

11am - 1pm

Mike Sheila Dane - Set up

1pm - 2pm
    Mike Sheila
    Jessie Natalie

2pm - 3pm
    Mike Sheila
    Jennifer

3pm - 4pm
    Mike Sheila

Take down: Mike and sheila
  8. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Holy snikees it's finally here! Star Wars Day is finally here! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow as we're gonna have a blast![face_dancing]
  9. Aden_Skirata Jedi Padawan

Great to see everyone at this event! Here is a pic from the Mando Mercs (www.mandalorianmercs.com)

[IMG]

Please, feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook "Falin Skirata" and tag or share any Mando photo's you snagged!
  10. Darth_Al Jedi Master

star 1
    Best. Star Wars Day. Ever....much love to all in the ieff for helping make this all happen!

I'll leave with Stephen Stanton's latest facebook post:

I don't know about you guys out there, but I'm exhausted. And I mean that in the best possible sense. What an amazing day!! Thank you all for coming out and sharing in the fun, sharing your stories and allowing me to be with all of you. I have never felt this good about anything in my entire life. Goodnight one and all - your devoted friend, Stephen
  11. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    We are soooo sorry for not being there this year. The car finally dried around 6:30pm. Our local winds were a big trouble the reat of the weekend. Needless to say Bill and I were very depressed. Was Chewie there? We so wanted to see everybody, and show off the new paint scheme of the Falcon. I feel very bad for hyping her up, and not being able to show up. Sounds like the event was fantastic. I hope we will get an invite for next year.
  12. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Chewie was there but we did miss you.
  13. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/Star-Wars-Day-5-11/StarWarsDay206.jpg]
    The IEFF had such a great time for our fourth annual Star Wars Day at Victoria Gardens here in Rancho Cucamonga this past Saturday! Just to give you friends of the IEFF what you missed, when we started this event four years ago, we had about 500 people attend. Year two we saw about 1200 people attend. Year three we had about 1800 people show up. This year we had close to 6000 people show up! Yes you read that correct! We had more people come to our event at the Paul Biane library than any other event in the Library's history...YES!!! Make sure to mark your calenders for next year as you ain't seen nothing yet!

That said, this couldn't of happened without the hard work of so many folks behind the scenes who volunteered with their time, sweat, and generousity. We here in the IEFF would like to thank the following folks make this years Star Wars Day the BEST EVER!!!

From L to R, I'd personally like to thank My Wife Sheila who is my guiding light and keeps me focused when things get crazy as they do, (I love you)! Dwight thanks for coming out once again and helping with the booth and the library too! Kirk, the C3PO painting was awesome and an added touch to this years event, can't wait to see next years painting. Caia, you were an amazing asset this year with the Jar Jar Bink dunk tank as well as helping out at the booth! Way to bring them in with your sterling personality and great smile! Natalie, you are fitting in so well at the booth, you're officially a pro now! Thanks for being such a great help and doing all that you do! Jessie, because of you being such an awesome part of the IEFF, this years event was the best ever! I am in awe of your greatness and you deserve a standing ovation for what you've done! Jennifer, as always you bring your bright smile and great laugh to us to share with the public. You are a shining example of what makes this group what it is and what we're looking for with our members. Thanks for your help at our booth! Allen, thanks for coming up with this entire idea called Star Wars Day and letting us play at the library with you and Adam. You are a true genious and someone I call friend! Not pictured here but helped out was Ron. Thanks with the set up and showing up!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/Star-Wars-Day-5-11/StarWarsDay162.jpg]
    We here in the IEFF would like to give our most sincere heart felt thanks to the following guests for donating their time and generosity to this years event. Without you, this years event wouldn't of even come close to how awesome this was! If there's anything we can do to help you with whatever you may need, please don't hesitate to ...ask as it would be our honor! From L to R the IEFF would like to give a special thanks to the following folks who helped make this our best event yet:Michael Gregory (Total Recall), J.C. Reifenberg (Director) and Ruark Dreher (Producer) of ?Hughes the Force? fan film, Stephen Stanton Voice of Capt. Tarkin Clone Wars, Rick Fitts (Star Trek) and Kenn Scott TMNT?s Raphael for donating even though you couldn?t be with us. I don't want to forget Kathy, Claire, and Tim. You guys were great! It was a pleasure meeting all of you and get to know you. Thank you all so very much! We hope you'll join us next year for all the fun and festivities!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/Star-Wars-Day-5-11/StarWarsDay84.jpg]
    The IEFF would like to also thank the 501st, The Mandalorians, Obi Shawn, Jedi Elvis, 4 Color Fantasies, Professor Werner, Todd Ratcliff (NASA), R2 D2 Builders, and Rebel Legion for all coming out and playing! Without all of you, this event wouldn't be what it is. We truly appreciate seeing you all there with us! We are so glad to see all of you each year and look forward to next year as we out do ourselves and make Star Wars Day year five a year that nobody will forget! Thank you all!

Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.