main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Random Acts of Kindness

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm creating this thread for a good purpose. With it being the holiday season and all, I'm sure that we've all done something good for another person. For example: giving a homeless person a dollar when you would normally walk past them.

Today, I was a recipient of one as well. We are having a sample sale for the employees at work this week, and I went in to see the shoes they have, and they had a nice pair of sneakers for $15. It being the holiday season, I'm broke. DEAD BROKE. I wanted these sneakers and I asked a girl that I work with her opinion and if I should get them. She told me that I should, because they're only 15 dollars and I work VERY hard and deserve to spoil myself a bit. I asked my friend what she thought, since she's known me for three years, and she agreed. I haven't bought anything for myself in sometime. Then, I got wishy washy about it. The girl then said to me that I should buy them for myself or she's going to buy them for me. I told her that I'd think about buying them, and then, she told me that she is going to get them for me for my birthday. She went around and got people to chip in a few bucks a piece (her included) to get me the sneakers for my birthday. When she handed me the money and said, Happy Birthday, buy your shoes! I just about cried. Even more so, because this girl and I really never got along. We talked on occassion, we were very civil towards each other. It totally took me by surprise and really made my day. It goes to show you the kindness of others when you least expect it.

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I've got one. About a month ago I found a wallet on the sidewalk. I tried to use the guy's license to look him up in the phonebook so I could call him and find out where to send it. But his name wasn't listed. So I looked to see what other info was in the wallet I could use to find him. The only other thing was a library card from Villanova University. So I looked up the phone number for the library and called them. They told me they couldn't give out personal addresses. So I explained the situation and they finally gave in and told me his address. So off I sent it hoping it was the same guy. About a week later I got a nice card in the mail from the owner of the wallet thanking me for sending it to him and saying that he was inspiered by my kindness and he had never expected to see his money again. He also included a check for the amount of the shipping it cost for me to send his wallet to him.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    A few years ago, I left my purse at a subway station downtown, and when I got home, I realized I didn't have it. I was at a company party that night, and you can guess I was pretty "not with it," so of course I'd forget my purse. I didn't even remember how I got to the subway in the first place! I thought that it had been stolen at the club where the party was at, and I thought that until a day or so later, when Gary told me I had left it at the station due to my "state of mind." I had ALL my money, bank card, ID....EVERYTHING in it, and my brand new digital camera that my best friend just bought me for my birthday. I was so devastated over the whole thing. About three weeks later, I got a package in the mail. A guy found my purse and sent it back to me. I got my camera, everything in my wallet, my cell phone...everything back. I was on cloud nine.

The only thing I regret is not sending him a thank you card. I never did, and I always meant to, but never got around to it. It was just so nice of him to do that.

People surprise me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.