main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random bit of information...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    My dad was a year ahead of Michael Stackpole's younger brother at West Point. I found him in one of the year books. Kinda cute actually. :) But my dad didn't know him.

That was my random fact... now what is yours?

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm an evolved human,

When I almost broke my ankle teaching Kenpo they x-rayed my foot. I have a small extra bone in my ankle that started popping up in the human species only a couple of hundred years ago and is still rare.

They're still trying to figure out what it's purpose is :)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Funky... :D I suppose I'm evolved too. ;)

4. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey All!

Well....that little bit o info tops whatever I had to say.

Well anyway, according to my internet DSL provider(QWEST), 10 business days = 1 month. ?[face_plain]

5. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    My newest uncle and long time friend of my father's went to school with Joe Montana, even was a roommate of his for some time. :p

beat that.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I used to have to chaperone John Elway's tequila shooter nights to the Restaurant/bar I worked at sometimes. The guy was a jerk and would terrorize the waitresses and then leave no tips

7. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm originally from the same hometown as Neil Armstrong. A little place in NW Ohio called Wapakoneta

8. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    I have a pic of me standing in John Elway's locker; a t-shirt autographed by the "3 Amigos": Ricky Natiel, Mark Jackson, I forget the other one, and some of the other Broncos players from back in '89; and I also have a hand drawn sketch of Mario Andretti that is autographed by the best man in auto racing ever.

Word, Suckas.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    My father and the former president Bush... (not the current one ;) ) wrote to each other quite a bit.

I also know the guy who designed the Canadian flag, My great great uncle was thing on the Adams family. I am related to the guy who discovered DNA (Watts) I sat on the train Lawrence of Arabia blew up, lived in a house built by Osama's dad, joked with Rosie O'Donnel at Disney World, had one of the crown princes of Saudi Arabia over for dinner at my house, sat on King Minos' throne, flew on one of the Red Crosses florence Nightengale planes, flew on a UN jet, met General Franks (the guy heading the stuff over in Afganistan) stuck my arm in the hole where Jesus' cross was, hit my nose on the place where he was born, my great great uncle was Edvard Greig... the composer, I've been on CNN three times, starred in a comercial twice, and sang a solo on tv once, was one of the few women EVER to set foot in the King's private terminal in Saudi. There really are golden toilet seats.

Miccu you didn't have to turn it into a contest... :p Hehe...

10. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    Well since it was....what do I win?

LOL.

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I am very important..........to me! The wife may think that, too, but she plays her cards pretty close....FLOL!!!!!

12. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey all!

Another random tidbit, I once did some computer work(even though I don't know JACK or .... about computers) for the O'meara ford lady on TV bout 10 years ago.

13. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I went to school and worked with Tommy Izzo (Michigan State Spartans BBall coach) and Steve Mariucci, (SF 49ers coach) I didnt get along very well with Steve......

little did he know how cool I would grow up to be ! ;)

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I used to play softball against Lisa Fernandez (Olympic Champion Softball Player).

And yeah, she really can pitch that fast. I only ever got one hit off of her and it was stone that dropped right into the ground. And being a slow moving beast, I never made it to First Base. :(

15. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I skateboarded with Jason Lee before he was an actor when he was just a lame pro skater. I also know JGOC

16. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    I used to be the tallest of everyone in my family(my generation: cousins, brother, etc.) now I'm the shortest.

17. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    i live in the same town as the former owners of the 49ers, the debartolos. (which gets annoying cuz the papers care more about the niners than they do any other team)

18. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Me gusta pollo.

Hope that was random enough for you...

19. Uncle_Yoda

Uncle_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    strange you people are....

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I know Chunk. Hehe..

That and I got up at seven today. That's three days in a row!!!!!

21. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    my brother wakes up at 5:30 every morning to go to basketball practice. Every day except the weekends.

And one of my distant relatives is Jim Bowie, who, for those people deficient in the history of Texas, fought in the Alamo...

:p i always make things contests... hehe... :p

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I am related to a minimum of two Presidents. William Henry Harrison & Benjamin Harrison. While we're competing [face_mischief]

You really don't want to get me started on this one. I have proof.

23. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Here we go...

My mom flew to the mainland (from Hawaii) with Steven Spielberg after he was done shooting Jurassic Park. Hurricane I. (I forgot how to spell it) was coming in so the Salvation Army came to help. All commercial airline flights were stopped. For clarification - Mom was with the Salvation Army.

By the way, I'm related to Aaron Burr.

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That explains a lot. So the inability to shoot straight is a genetic thing w/ you? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.