Random bits

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by ScootyPuffJr, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wanted to share over here the International Makeup Artists Trade Show last weekend in Pasadena was a BLAST, and even bigger than ever. The highlight for me was being able to stand not more than 5 feet away from key award-winning artist Ve Neill as she applied a complete "POTC" makeup from scratch, showing techniques, hair, prosthetics and how-I-did-it the entire time. I took a lot of notes and not enough pictures (was too busy writing...) Also learned about another artist's innovative method of beard-laying that takes literally MINUTES (actually closer to seconds...) and holds in place, includes multiple realistic colors in the mix, and comes off like you put Nair all over your face or something. Looks totally realistic to boot. It was so amazing that people couldn't believe what they were seeing -- he had to do it 3 times in 15 minutes because it was just astonishing. The system's not for sale, but this guy is a well-known artist (currently working on a very popular TV show, to say the least...) I did get a couple of good photos of that process -- I'll have to get Photobucket or something...

Anyway, the show-special discount prices on Telesis and Pros-Aide were freakin' sweet -- people need to check this show out, it gets bigger every year, and you don't have to be in the trade to enter.

Mary (SPJ)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.