main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC random chatting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by hybrid_ox, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybrid_ox

hybrid_ox Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
  2. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    i have noticed most of the other things have specific things people talk about and they really dont talk about that subject in that board so i figured why not let my self feel special and create my own....am i special yet...

p.s. as anyone got a grudge on me or has everyone forgave me yet or what??

3. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    yes justin your very special. just kidding!

4. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    i always new i was my mom keeps on telling me that .... i just never belived her :( but i know now what i...what i have.....what i have always know..im special ..lol

5. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    is there anyone who dont wont me here...?

6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I can't speak for everyone here but this is how I see forgiveness in a nice neat three step process...

1. To want forgiveness implies you did something that needs to be forgiven... admitting that is a first step and begins the process.

2. The next step is to correct said action and issue a heart felt apology.

3. Finally, make an effort to not repeat the action that required forgiveness... out of respect for those whom are benevolent enough to forgive you.

I assume you want forgiveness for the grammatical and spelling errors... yet you still have not employed the use of a spell check program... so I am left to believe that it is not forgiveness you seek... only acceptance for being the way you are. In which case I can accept you at face value since it is not forgiveness you seek.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. Sunafar

Sunafar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    Lodreh what exactly is your icon, if you dont mind me asking. Every time I look at it, it seems to look like an angry muscateer with a very bright hat that has a red feather on it. I think its my computer though.

8. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    It's Darth Silent-Bob. The pic is taken from Dogma, when SB is getting ready to hit Azrael (Jason Lee) with Cardinal Glick's (George Carlin) golf club. They just added in the lightsaber over the golf club.

Edit: Or is it from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, when SB is dressed up as Bluntman?

9. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    It's Darth Bob... Blunt-man from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... Dark Lord of the Bowl ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

10. Aidion_Templari

Aidion_Templari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    DROP IT, i dont care why you all got mad about it and i dont know why you keep bringing it up, and frankly i dont give a damn who can spell and who cant. as long as the message gets out. you all are making this situation bigger than it really is, or needs to be

11. Sunafar

Jan 29, 2005
    I thought it was dropped.

12. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    It was dropped, until Ox picked it back up again.

And that's just the point. The message is not getting out. If we didn't want to hear what Ox had to say, we wouldn't be putting this much effort into trying to get him to write more clearly. Since he's made an effort to use punctuation, his post have been considerably easier to read. So we've stopped commenting on it.

Everyone who's ever had a problem when they first got here (except HumbleHitler) has become quickly accepted as soon as they stopped trying to impress us. Just be yourself and post clearly are all we are asking. Though maintain a sense of humor and have a thick skin helps. We have some very strong, opinioned personalities here.

13. Sunafar

Jan 29, 2005
    Ohhhh yes. Very strong.

14. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    hey, look yall keep talking bout the spell check thing i see no way to download any spell check thing on here. But it has been dropped i just noticed that some of my old post i put up has not been answered. i figured the people didnt want me up on this message board but i guess i see now i have been "accepted" or half-way forgiven. so think you all.

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Ox, just so you'll know. the board tends to be not as active on the weekends. Matter of fact, there have been times when it comes to a crashing halt, as far as posts. But don't think your being ignored. Sometimes there's just not anyone here to answer.

16. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    Ohh and word of advise to all patrons that have joined AFTER I did, its not a good idea to tell these people what to do. I did and it was a BIG mistake guys trust me. Just from freindly advise.

17. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    just a word of advice is that if you have like Word or any other word processor just cut and paste what you have in your response window from here into the word processor and then use that program to do your spell checking. or you can take and just use google, and put in the word that you think you may have mispelled and it will tell you how to spell it correctly. also you can take and download a linux based browser that has been ported to windows and most of those contain a built in spell checker for this kind of format (Konqueror is one) http://www.konqueror.org/ (dont' know if they have the windows port on their main site or not but there ya go)

18. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    hey you guys thinks for the advise and ideas.

19. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    does anyone listen to the new age metal. like slipknot, mudvayne, otep any of them or any other band like them ?

20. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    there ok I just dont listen to heavy metal that much.
    but I listen to a wide range of music. from ac/dc to puffy amiyumi.

21. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Mordtat, Poldu, ForceTheologian and myself listen to metal... however our secondary musical taste vary greatly. ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

22. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I'm not really much of a new age metal fan. It's one of those things that I avoid, but it's not something that I seek out either. Like Eris, I tend to listen to a large variety of stuff. I used to be a pretty big fan of some to the goth metal stuff. Lately, I've been listening mostly to folk, folk rock, and hard rock.

23. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Oh, BTW, I was able to catch Sin City while in DC this weekend. It rocked hardcore. I would seriously encourage anyone who hasn't seen it yet to do so soon. Be aware though, it is not a movie for kids.

24. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes, it was very good. :)

25. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    hey, yea i cant wait to be able to go see sin city. now i got a new problem on saterdays i got to work at ten in the morn. so i prolly wont be able to go to any halo meets ....:( but im seeing what i can do. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.