main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Says the novelization, I think.

Count Dooku watched with clinical distaste as the blue-scanned images of Kenobi and Skywalker engaged in a preposterous farce-chase, pursued by destroyer droids into and out of turbolift pods that shot upward and downward and even sideways.
    "It will be," he said slowly, meditatively, as though he spoke only to himself, "an embarrassment to be captured by him."
    The voice that answered him was so familiar that sometimes his very thoughts spoke in it, instead of in his own. "An embarrassment you can survive, Lord Tyranus. After all, he is the greatest Jedi alive, is he not? And have we not ensured that all the galaxy shares this opinion?"
    "Quite so, my Master. Quite so." Again, Dooku sighed. Today he felt every hour of his eighty-three years. "It is... fatiguing, to play the villain for so long, Master. I find myself looking forward to an honorable captivity."
    A captivity that would allow him to sit out the rest of the war in comfort; a captivity that would allow him to forswear his former allegiances—when he would conveniently appear to finally discover the true extent of the Separatists' crimes against civilization—and bind himself to the new government with his reputation for integrity and idealism fully intact.

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    If you continue reading, Dooku unleashes his full ability when he realizes Anakin and Obi-Wan were faking lightsaber forms, he incapacitates Obi-Wan but is thoroughly bested by Anakin.

3. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    This.

4. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_rofl]This just made my night

5. LordThanatos

LordThanatos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 18, 2013
    Why is the red letter media "reviews" thread a sticky in this forum?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda would kick Anakin's ass. That would've been such a cool battle to see though.

7. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I like this idea;)

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    To let every newbie know that we've been there, done that, no need to start another one.

And welcome to the boards!:)

9. LordThanatos

LordThanatos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 18, 2013
    Thanks!

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    That and PalpSidious will kill Obi-wan without breaking a sweat. Then, we're right back to the Yoda-Sidious duel with the end results being the same as the movie.

Chewbacca89 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  11. Charlie512

Charlie512 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 17, 2011
    Why the heck was my "Why did Qui-gon" thread closed??

12. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012
    When Palpatine asks him "Are you going to kill me?" anikan tells him he would like to. IF palps pulled out his saber and started dueling with anikan there and then, could anikan have beaten him? All the drills, all the lightsaber kata's, all the previous duels and fights he has had, all of his force power's, tricks, and abilities coming down to 1 big fight with the Sith Master........could anikan have done it? (Ive never seen him THAT focused on anything before actually, so his head was in the right place)

What do you wonderful folks think? Feel free to debate!

13. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    That's something I have always wondered. If Anakin got a sneak attack then, yes. Otherwise he would have to fully embrace the dark side (ironically enough) to beat Palpatine.

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013

This is the sole reason why, regardless of Anakin's actions from this point on, Palpatine has already won.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was way too late before ROTS had even started.

No, I don't think Anakin could have taken him. There is some possibility that Mace could have, as he used Vaapad in the fight, but I don't think Anakin could have done it.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    As Anakin? No

As Vader? Yes

Vader is more aggressive and Anakin was more defensive

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    But - but it was his destiny! ;)

18. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Palpatine was very sure on what he wanted to achieve where as Anakin was still fighting between good and evil....because of Anakins mixed emotions and lack of a 'pure' focus he would have been defeated by the stronger Palpatine.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Because we already have this one.

20. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    "Send no transmissions of any kind." -Upon landing on Tatooine, Qui-Gon says this to the queen. They had just lost their hyper-drive. So my question is...WHY did he do this?

I understand that on Naboo, all transmissions were being blocked by the Trade Federation. But once they rescued the queen and were past the blockade, WHY didn't they just call someone for help with their hyperdrive?

I know the on-the-surface reason (to go to Tatooine and find Anakin). But to me, this was an odd line from Qui-Gon. I guess transmissions can be intercepted? They were still RECIEVING transmissions.

There were scenes in the new Star Trek Into Darkness like this, where (without giving too much away), things go wrong for the Enterprise crew, but they can't just make a phone call back to Starfleet and request assistance (they never do the entire film, despite a lot of the action taking place around Earth).

So it really just made me think of THAT scene from TPM, where Qui-Gon throws out that convenient line, just to make sure they get stranded long enough to find Anakin.

Just thought I would share as I never hear anyone talk about this particular "plot hole." Perhaps it has been discussed without my knowledge.

21. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    So the reason why the jedi encouraged the Queen's crew not to send transmission is because the Trade Federation could track down their communication signal - but the Sith are cleverer than that, and were able to trace down a general location based on the direction of the outgoing transmissions from Naboo.

It's a little underplayed in the movie because it's a pretty boring detail... which is where you'll usually find plot holes frankly.

22. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Yeah it's rather vague how that plays out. The Trade Federation guys say the ship is out of range (which means they have no idea where the hell it is). It is Maul who tracks them, I always guessed by using the force, hence the "not for the Sith" line.

But then that doesn't make sense either because on Tatooine, instead of meditating to feel the force, Maul whips out binoculars and little probe droids.

Of course, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan still talk on their communicators. So...ugh nevermind, thinking about Star Wars technology can grate your brain. I guess you just have to trust Qui-Gon's stubborn judgement (which is what happens the whole film).

It's almost as if phones the way we think of them just don't exist in Star Wars. Like, for example, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan being in the middle of the woods on Naboo. They couldn't just whip out a device that can communicate with anyone else on the planet...instead they just kind of run around and bump into Jar Jar, and have to follow him. Like...they just don't have the Queen's phone number, or some bulky holographic communications device that will let them contact the nearest city.

IMO though, a transmission to Coruscant at some point would have been worh the risk of being tracked. It might have even been interesting to have the queen send a transmission, which alterts Maul...might have been a cool way to pull him into the action on Tatooine.

I'm probably thinking about it a LITTLE too much. :D

23. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    yet another huge plot hole..................

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not really. They don't want to be found by the wrong people, after all.

25. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Difference between low-power, short-range communications and the type of high-band signal the yacht would be sending out.