main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Random Fantasy RP...WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Twin_Saber, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    K, I'm just seting up a random fantasy RP with the basics. You know, elves, humans, dwarfs, castles, dragons, swords, bows and arrows, only around here the girls will have just as much clout as the guys! Oh yeah! I'm gonna see what the interest is before I post my bio, so please respond if you want this to start!!!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

2. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I think most players are going to want some backstory before they join up. I know you're wanting this to be a random RP, but even so some people want more info before choosing. It's like a buffet here. People will pass though each game and see what they like, but if you have your dish covered (IE- not well described or thought out) they'll just pass it over.

As well, you should have some sort of character sheet for players to fill out and a general set of rules.

Anyway, don't take this as an attack or anything. Just some helpful suggestions so that more people at the buffet enjoy your dish.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    If, on the other hand, you're just gauging whether there'd be interest in a fantasy RP if you chose to start one, I think the answer is yes. The flagship RPG on this forum is a fantasy RPG, and we've some advocates of dicerolling D&D around here too, so I think there'd be some interest.

But having said that the game would need to be properly organised and well-thought-out before you'd have significant interest. That is, your 'game universe' would need to be properly formed. Just creating taverns and having your PCs wandering around without goals or purpose is a recipe for disaster in most RPGs. You're basically building a game world from the ground up -- and that's hard enough to do properly, let alone the problem of attracting players to it.

Still, I wish you luck.

4. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    If you add characters, a backstory, and a general well thought out post, I will join.

NP edit: Not acceptable.

5. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Basically the characters are whoever the players create them to be. As for backstory...How about this?

A country is realing(sp?) from a sudden attack and the start of a war, several teenagers(or adults but teens are usually really fun toi write in these instances) have banded together...And that's all I can get off the top of my head, more later, when I can think about it.

And I'm glad you guys stopped in to help me out, the only place where I've done RP's like this you can pretty much just say "I'm bored, let's RP." And something awesome will come out of it, of course there are your lame ones too but I haven't run into many of those.

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    *sigh*

Look, I don't mean to be rude at all, but you might well want to go and have a read of this thread before you take this much further.

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Completely unnecessary, Pearl. Given the two helpful posts before yours, you contributed nothing to the thread.

You should know better.

8. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    Look who's talking, Mr. Flame.

I was merely adding on to what they had to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.