main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random GM Tips...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Midnightguard, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarr1106

Scarr1106 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Like the interrogation idea. Might have to steal...I mean use that one myself. ;)

2. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    Props are fun. I love props. It's one thing to describe an item to the players; it's another thing entirely to hand them something they find. Players get really attached to props, especially if they're important.

One of my PCs found a special hexagonal key with ancient runes engraved in it. I'm trying to think of a way to make it so I can actually give it to him. May need to carve it out of wood or something.

3. Sian

Sian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    I like to make my PC's scores above-average (having 18 in one score and 15,16 in two others). Then, I give them a campaign which craves not only the best out of the PC's at several places, but the creativity, the logic and the mind of the players, perferably spiced with a little secret DC roll against their odds to make them try a little harder. In return, the victory seems even sweeter to them, and a little reward (a special datadisk or anything) to the characters keep them going. So, many hard quests and satisfactory rewards (not only to the players, but to myself as well) keeps my games at the edge whenever I desire it to be at the edge (heh, I'll throw in a few moments for them to catch a wind and spend their credits).

Also, I do not run the rule to only award levels between games. Whenever the characters are safe, they can increase their level(s). I will allow them however, to gain levels between games to give them more thought (such as when they gain a new feat or an ability score raise).

Also, clipping the important papers with paperclips keeps them in place and teases the PC's to view the papers, which they can't. A GM's screen is a great invention. Keeps all loose things at one place. Anyone who hasn't got one should.

Sian Fanzi
    Gamemaster

4. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I'm a new GM, so somw of this stuff could really help me.

"Please, sah, I want sum mo'"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.