main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Random LOTR News......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jediguy, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Coming in May!

UC1267 Narsil

Officially Licensed Adult Collectible Reproduction

With over 100 million copies sold in over 40 languages, millions have grown up with The Lord of the Rings, the classic epic tale considered by millions to be the greatest fantasy-adventure story ever told. J.R.R. Tolkien's phenomenal epic trilogy chronicles the struggle between good and evil for possession of a magical ring. The book trilogy, named the most popular book of the 20th Century, is the motion picture event of the 21st Century. The Lord of the Rings is presented in a trilogy of feature films from New Line Cinema, beginning with the blockbuster The Fellowship of the Ring, and continuing with the 2nd film, The Two Towers, to be released December 2002. A work of sheer invention on a staggering scale, The Lord of the Rings takes us back to Middle-earth, an era that predates written history, where humans share the world with immortal elves, powerful wizards, and industrious dwarves.

United¨ Cutlery, the industry leader in movie knife reproductions has been awarded the license to reproduce swords from all three films. United¨ has meticulously reproduced the actual prop swords using only the finest grade materials and craftsmanship of the highest quality. Each sword is presented with a wood wall plaque and a certificate of authenticity.

United¨ Cutlery's next adult collectible reproduction sword featured in the Lord of the Rings films is Narsilª, the mighty sword of King Elendil. Narsilª is perhaps the most famous sword in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. At the end of the second age of Middle-earth, Narsil blade was shattered as Elendil fell during the Last Alliance of Elves and Men in the great battle against Sauron. Isuldur, Elendil's son, then used the broken hilt of Narsilª to cut the One Ring from Sauron's finger, breaking the bonds of his power, banishing his evil shadow into the darkness. Features include antique silver plated metal handle parts with 24-K gold plated fittings and genuine leather-wrapped grip. Engraved on the pommel are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say ÒNarsil is my name, a mighty sword; Telchar made me in Nogrod

©2002 New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of The Ring and the characters and the places therein, ª The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.

¥ 1/4" thick tempered stainless steel blade
    ¥ Solid metal hand guards and pommel
    ¥ 24-K Gold Plated Fittings
    ¥ Genuine leather-wrapped grip
    ¥ Wood display plaque with authentic design

[image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1267%20movie%20fight.jpg] [image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1267%20movie%20Elen_Isul.jpg]

OMG - THEY ARE MAKING THE NARSIL!!!!!

also here is a site that is selling other LOTR swords.

2. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    So I have to get Narsil and Sting..

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'd be keen to get all three, I'd love the Witch King Ringwraith's sword.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so, no recent news people? :(

4. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    None, really, until the DVD's are closer to being released.

5. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

There's a cover story about the FOTR DVD's on some DVD magazine.

Not sure which one - I don't even have DVD, so why did I even look at it? No idea.

But anyway - they ran an article about the fact that there's going to be a total of ELEVEN FOTR DVDs: the normal set + the Ultra set = 11 cds.

Someone's been pulling a few late shifts.

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    11?

geez, hard core LOTR fans will be a bit short of cash after that!

7. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I saw the box set pictures somewhere a while back. Was it from here? I'm not even sure anymore.

It basically had disks in a book that had the Pillars of the Kings on either side. It looked impressive and I'm sure I saved them on my computer somewhere. Has anyone not seen them yet? They are a bit old now. If not, I'll put them up online and post them here.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Does anyone know if they've reprinted a whole heap of the first wave of figures? I noticed that the shops around here have started putting out quite a few of the initial series out.

I got the Saruman cause I like Chris Lee a lot. But there was a ton of him, Gandalf and Legolas that I haven't seen for a while.

9. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    There's going to be two editions of the 'Extended Version'. The first one is the 'Normal Extended Deluxe Version', which just contains the extra 30 mins, and then there is going to be a 'Super Megazoid über-Deluxe version', with the Argonath as book-ends.

10. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Oh my ...

*looks longingly at his penny jar*

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    not long now until August.

I think this first DVD release is pointless - but I'm pretty keen on getting the DVD ASAP! And then get the special edition in November too

:D

//needs to see LOTR again - but it's last days in the cinema's and only on at one time in a few theatres - damnit!

EDIT = Oh, there's a few games comming out based on LOTR if you guys didn't know. Check this thread out.

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    You can now preorder the fotr dvd at sanity stores

thought you'd like to know...

13. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    I'm there...

14. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    I'm gonna buy the DVD from Kmart. Apparently they got a special DVD coming out or something in November (maybe not in Oz??? Dunno), and if it does come out, I'm gonna buy that one, too.

15. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I'm just gonna sit out the initial release, hire it on DVD (a lot). But I will buy the November release copy ... although with the seeming popularity of the deluxe copy, I think it will be difficult to find the copy with the Argonath. But, knowing me, I'll get one somehow. :D

16. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
  17. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

$170 ... ?!??!

Well, I guess - the box IS carved out of stone... must have cost a bundle to hand-carve each one...

:D

18. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Don't care.

Must....get....it...

19. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    POSTED FOR JEDIGUY

(Hes busy in the JC Big Brother house, but I think he would want me to post this)

Two Towers Teaser Poster!!!!!

20. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Saw the teaser poster, its great! :)

Has anyone seen the trailer? It just came out today!

Tayschrenn

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    WOOHOO!!! :D :D :D

ahem...

Two Towers Poster and Trailer Debut
    The countdown begins for the next Lord of the Rings chapter.

June 25, 2002 - New Line Cinema has just released the advance poster for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. The picture on the one-sheet (below) is another stunning vista of Middle-earth, showing what appears to be the Pelennor Fields and the two imposing towers of Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul. More information about the poster can be found at the movie's official website.

Also, there's finally a regular Two Towers trailer heading to theaters, according to TheOneRing.net. They believe that the preview will be attached to copies of Austin Powers: Goldmember when it opens on July 26th. Coming Attractions reports that it may be showing up much sooner, attached to copies of July 3rd's Men in Black II ? but possibly only in Canada.

At any rate, computer users can already download the new trailer at Apple's website. The Two Towers opens in theaters December 18th.

[image=http://ffmedia.ign.com/lotr/image/twotowers.jpg]
    (click image)

22. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, if you want to download the trailer, movie-list has some god mirrors.

Man, Helms Deeps is gonna be amazing.

23. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Nice to see Dagsy crapping on about bootlegs, makes you feel nice and warm of a cold winter's evening :D

If you visit movie-list.com, also grab the daredevil trailer while your there

24. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    on this subject, i went to the official book launch last week, at the Embassy in Wellington, of the Art of
    LOTR.......the artists.....lee were there, and some minor crew, and that guy that one the oscar for special effects, he is tall, and he scratches his stomach sometimes while talking to people ( i was sitting behind him for half an hour) and the dude who played aragon has been in Wellington the last few weeks or so, filming soemmore scenes........and he did a book signing for his 4 books, that he has apparently written.........

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I only heard (on the News) that Viggo was releasing a book of paintings and drawings, and some of the $ was going to a "sick" LOTR actor (or someone involved with LOTR).

Good cause, but the drawings didn't seem to be anything special. :p

//may still pop into a book store and check it out.//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.