1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (17th-19th June), Perth (24th-26th June)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (11th-12th June), Sydney (10th-11th September)

Oceania Random LOTR News......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jediguy, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    I was skimming through the News Paper today. Got to the movies page.

Lord Of The Rings

Queen St / New Market. Sat/Sun. 8pm.

Hurry Last Days!!!

GO SEE IT ONE LAST TIME!!!

I hope to. :p
  2. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    ok The Warehouse (in NZ) is taking pre-orders for the DVD and VHS that will be released in August.

I'm gonna get the VHS and get the Special Edition DVD in November!

:D
  3. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

It's playing up here in Newcastle at the Regent - a tiny little art house cinema with CHEAP tickets - and they're advertising the fact that they're playing the Two Towers preview with it...

Temped to take a friend to see it (any excuse) coz she's a HUGE fan (converted by yours truly) but I don't want her to see the big spoilers in it, coz she hasn't read the books...

But enough of that - let's get down to the real business of the day...

PRICES!

How much is FOTR selling for when its released? I know different places have different prices. I think the cheapest I've seen is about $30-something - but not sure if its dvd or vhs. Need to find that out.

So come on, cough up - where and how much?
  4. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    I've already said where (in NZ anyway). Price is around NZ$30 for VHS - not sure about DVD.

I might be able to post the prices here tomorrow after I find out.
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    ok - please make your way over here to the Lord of the Rings thread on the NZ board and go to the last post (Date Posted: 7/17 3:22pm Subject: RE: Lord of the Rings - Date Edited: 7/17 3:37pm (2 edits total) Edited By: SithForceLord)

to save me from copy/pasting a whole heap of text and pics.

It's a post about the new LOTR game comming to PC, X-Box, Game Cube, Game Boy Advance and Playstation 2.

Game looks amazing!!!
  6. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

Saw FOTR again last week. I honestly lost count how many times i seen it now. It's gotta be at least 7.

BUT WAIT! There's more!

Saw it for only $3.50!

(saw it as a double-feature for $7 - other movie was Ice Age)

BUT WAIT! There's more!

Saw the Two Towers trailer as well. Okay, I've seen that a million times now too, but boy oh boy doesn't it look better up on the big screen...

AND ... they had a 5 min Intermission in the middle of FOTR!

Can NOT remember the last time I saw a movie with an intermission ...

At first, I was a little disappointed. Hobbitus interruptus. But it was actually a good idea, to get up and stretch for a few minutes...

Well

Oh - and has anyone else seen the Video Ezy offer? Buy whatever thing it is they're offering ($39), and you get a copy of FOTR on dvd or vhs for free ...

7. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight

star 5
    Intermissions in long movies are a good idea I think - I had to pee three times when I went to see LOTR last December! :D
  8. wedge3210 Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh - and has anyone else seen the Video Ezy offer? Buy whatever thing it is they're offering ($39), and you get a copy of FOTR on dvd or vhs for free ...

That's the Blockbuster offer. 10 rentals (one a week only) for $40 and you get LOTR on DVD or VHS. It'd be alright if I went to BB, but I'm an Ezy man.

Any other offers being put out there yet?
  9. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

Has anyone else realised that Aug 6 is next Tuesday?

*gets his sleeping bag and heads for the mall*
  10. wedge3210 Jedi Master

star 5
    There's better version available later on.

:p
  11. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5
  12. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    isn't that bah humbug?

Anyway, I'll grab the DVD a few days after release, mainly so I have something to watch until the extended LOTR and SW: Episode ii DVD's in novemember.

Oh, such a long, long, long wait :(

But it's worth it
  13. Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan

star 4
    if u wanna see the original theatre release then get this one. The one in november only has the 3.5 hr cut.

Ima getting both, it's only money.
  14. wedge3210 Jedi Master

star 5
    Village will not be impressed, they were threatening fines and everything if it was released before tomorrow, but it's out everywhere.
  15. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I ain't gonna buy it.

Gonna hope that SOMEONE has taken all my hints and will buy it for my birthday this month *cough* hint hint *cough*

16. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Uhhh, I would Oz, but you said you wanted that fat-o-gram.

I'm waiting until November...I didnt much like the editing in the theater release, so I will wait until the good cut is out.
  17. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

What if the editing of the November release is worse? :p

HA HA! Just saw the Target* ad for FOTR: "Come and get Lord of the Rings from the Store of the Rings"
    HA HA!

* As we call it, "Tarjay"
  18. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, given that the Nov version will include things like the all-important gift giving scene, and would likely have more character development, then I doubt it will be worse.
  19. wedge3210 Jedi Master

star 5
    I think that's Targé, Oz.

:)

JB Hi-Fi had their ad too. It's $32.60 there.
  20. jediguy Jedi Master

star 5
    It's around $29 in Woolworths, but I got mine in JB.
  21. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

DVD is $29 at Domayne up here. And did anyone see the latest Domayne catalog? FOTR MADNESS ON EVERY PAGE!!

Or - if you buy a DVD player at Domayne - you get a copy of FOTR on DVD with it - but I doubt they're the only ones...

Meanwhile, did anyone hear the DVD/Video review of FOTR on JJJ? Does she have a death-wish or what?

For those who missed, she basically said that FOTR is a big boring over-long load of tosh that Jackson should be ashamed of...

Do these people just not notice that there are a billion people who love the movie they trash? I think it just highlights how out of touch movie reviewers are, IMHO. If the reviewer thinks its crap, but everyone else loves it, why are they still in a job?

Oh well.
  22. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    In November there will not only be the speacial edition DVD released, but a super specail edition aswell.

Standard November release = 4 CD DVD set.
    [image=http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/pre_sell/images/dvd_small.gif]

Super-de-dupa November release = 5 CD DVD set.
    [image=http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/pre_sell/images/giftset_small.gif] [image=http://a7.g.akamai.net/v/7/5549/12h/images.escalate.com/images/products/nl90101/000/004/000004475.jpg]

(not sure if NZ will be getting the 5 CD one though, and I guess if NZ doesn't get it, Auzzie bloody well better not! It was made *here* after all :p)

See here

23. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    The Warehouse has 1000 peice jigsaw puzzles and a variety of board games.

Puzzle: NZ$19.95
    Board Game1: $79.95
    Board Game2: $119.95
  24. jediguy Jedi Master

star 5
    Can't wait 'till November. :(
  25. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

Well, this is REALLY random, off-the-point, but anyway ...

My friend has been spoiler free about TT & ROTK - she saw FOTR without reading the books, and saw the TT trailer once but refuses to watch it again coz of all the spoilers - anyway, she's been doing English at Uni, and what do you know - her English teacher just blabs out the whole ending of LOTR ... now, she's spoiled and totally P'd off...

Couldn't you just strangle some people?

(Of course, I shouldn't say much, I've accidentally spoiled one or two people in my time... but still)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.