main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Random LOTR News......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jediguy, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    "Well, Peter Jackson has said many times that Helms Deep WILL be 45 minutes of uninterrupted footage, so I'm not too skeptical."

Nope, thats internet bollocks!! PJ recently dismissed all that. He has stated that Helms deep will be seen in the last 1 3rd of the film, and takes up 15 minutes, while being intercut by other things.

Honestly 45 minutes of non stop helms deep would be rather boring!

Good that PJ clarified this early so people wont be dissapointed when it doesnt happen!

Peaaaaaaaaaace outtttttt mon!

2. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Actually, he said that the fighting will take up 10-15 minutes, but the actual scenes in Helms Deep - from the time they arrive until they leave - will be about 30 to 45 minutes.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Helm's Deep in the last 1/3 of the film - I tihnk that's some more Bollucks! Helms deep is in the first half of TTT (book) - He (PJ) can't lengthen the start and cut the end off to put on the ROTK. He's already taken the Amon Hen fight away.

Helm's Deep wont be in the last 1/3 of the movie!!!!!!!

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    edit = double post

5. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    read the book a little more carefully.

6. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Helms Deep won't be in the last 1/3 of the movie?

Uh, yes it will. In case you haven't noticed, some things have changed in the movie adaptions.

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh ok, I guess we only have to wait a month and a half to really find out :D

I called into the Whitcoulls store in West City and the girl there looked blankly at me for like 10seconds after I said I wanted to put my name odwn for a pre-order for the LOTR special edition DVD.

She then clicked and pulled out a skungy half ripped piece of paper and said put your name and phone number on this and we'll call ya.

I was like: "right, this can't be it!"

So I then asked if it was gonna be $199.00 and she said the one with the bok ends was and the other without the bookends was going to be like $79.00. So I said I wanted the expensive one.

I heard there was also a set of the Decipher LOTR Trading cards in the pack too.

But it's a 5 CD DVD set with the National Geographic thing aswell - so I'm happy. And these weta workshop book ends of the Argonaths sound pretty cool.

8. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    How much did you pay?

far out that's expensive

Atlantic Dvd

127.95 plus shipping sounds better, esp if you buy more than one thing at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.