Random Memory

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by Jedi Speewwy, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    I was sitting here, sucking on my popcicle and that reminded me of being a kid. Being a kid reminded me of going to little people school and going to little people school reminded me of this story from my Kindergarten year.

Bear in mind that I was young and impressionable and that my cousin loved to take advantage of that. Therefore, when she told me that I was adopted I believed her. She also managed to convince me that my real name wasn't Tashi. It was just a nice cover-up for Uglyface. I mean, let's face it. No one wants to be called Uglyface.

Well one day at school, I was sitting there like a good girl and the teacher was taking roll. She called my name and I just looked around like I didn't know who she was talking about. She called it agian a few times and the little boy next to me nudged me and said, "Hey she's calling you." I told him Tashi wasn't my name and I wouldn't answer to something that wasn't my name so when the teacher came over to me and asked me why I hadn't said I was present, he looked up at her and told her she was calling the wrong name. "Yes!" I said proudly. "My name is Uglyface! My cousin said so!"

So what funny and interesting things did you believe when you were a child?
  2. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I thought this was going to be a computer question.

Anyways, I don't know if you guys have ever noticed, but in the sun, there are some little shiney crystals in asphalt that glint. Well, when I was a kid, I thought that these were little tiny diamonds. I remember that I had rounded up a posse of kids at school, and for a week during recess, we pounded chunks of asphalt down on concrete bricks, trying to get the treasure inside. Unfortunately, my mining operation came to a stop when a bully came by and made fun of us. I tried to resist, but she punched me in the stomach, and that was the end of Watson's Second Grade mining colony.
  3. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    I remember when I was little being deathly afraid of snails for some reason... I have no idea why. And this one time, we were visiting my grandma in Riverside and I was in the back yard playing around and I found this really cool shell. I thought it was really weird that there would be a shell in my grandma's back yard, since we were nowhere near the ocean, so I went running up to my mom to show her the cool thing I had just found. She told me that it was a snail shell and I totally flipped out. I threw the shell in the air and started running around in circles, screaming my head off. I don't know what it was about snails, but i couldn't believe that I had just touched one of their shells.

Man, I was a freak!
  4. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You guys have the cutest stories. :)
    I remember when a friend of mine in kindergarten told be (with exhaustive anatomical detail) how babies are made. I was so disturbed and horrified by her "lies" that I came home and laughed about how ridiculous her story was. When my mom was quiet and didn't say anything immediately after I finished, I knew the horrible truth.... ewwwwwwww!

Needless to say, my opinion on the subject has changed. ;)
  5. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    ...how are babies made?

;) [face_mischief]
    _jOBO
  6. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://www.rexanne.com/Graphics/baby-stork.gif]

All lies I tell you! Can you imagine anything so grotesque??
  7. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Hahahaha! I used to think the same thing, Watson! And I had three pet snails when I was little.

I think I was in kindergarten too when I learned about babies and all that. I think I was overly interested. I pulled out a bunch of different encyclopedia from the library and looked up sex to read up on it in depth. The librarian told me I was a bad girl.
  9. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tashi, if you thought that too, then it's scary how we think alike sometimes. You should be worried. ;)

I'd like to point out in the post above that the she who beat me up is not a typo. Girls were towering monsters to me in second grade, and most of them were carriers of the dreaded cootie virus.

I also remember when I was very young, being afraid of the drain in my grandparent's bathtub. At home, our bathtub had a little sieve over it, so the water washed down through little holes. At my grandparent's they just had a massive one inch diameter drain in the bottom of the tub. The thing scared the life out of me. I would watch the water drain loudly into it, and think that it was about to suck me down into the abyss with it, to be preyed upon by giant alligators in the sewer and big spiders.
  10. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    Tashi, if you thought that too, then it's scary how we think alike sometimes. You should be worried.

See? That's what I said right away. Hate to brag, but when it comes to character analysis, this psychologer rules.

I suck at a lot of other things, so don't worry.

But! When I was a kid, I sometimes went to the attic at night to see the train passing by -- a little speck with lights in the darkness, miles away.

My brother once said, "That's the postal train, delivering important letters and packages."

There I went. I was completely fascinated and obsessed. I mean: a train, alone in the night, with important cargo. Phew. What more do you want? I had images of a ghost train, with no one in it except a silent mysterious phantom driver.

Later I discovered it was just the train from Alkmaar to Heerhugowaard, carrying a drunk or two.
  11. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    I also remember when I was very young, being afraid of the drain in my grandparent's bathtub. At home, our bathtub had a little sieve over it, so the water washed down through little holes. At my grandparent's they just had a massive one inch diameter drain in the bottom of the tub. The thing scared the life out of me. I would watch the water drain loudly into it, and think that it was about to suck me down into the abyss with it, to be preyed upon by giant alligators in the sewer and big spiders.

My god. I was afraid of the drain in our bathtub for the same reason. I was always afraid I'd get stuck in it and some giant slimy thing would bite my body off at the waist. I'm beginning to think we're the same exact person with the exception of a few minor anatomical differences.
  12. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    :eek: It's like someone took an oversized brain, and had to divy it up into smaller pieces. The people who got that brain were you, me, and Screech from Saved by the Bell. He got the retarded part of the brain.
  13. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Screech makes me want to maim.
  14. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/savedbythebell/screech.jpg]

[face_devil]
  15. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://osric.com/quicknovel/i-should-kill.jpg]
  16. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    NO! Screech lives!

[image=http://www.ifrance.com/sbtb/Whatsnew/screech.jpg]
  17. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh my god he looks just like my suitemate's boyfriend!
  18. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
  19. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I actually had a really good picture of myself wearing a fake moustache and photoshopped into a picture with Carrotop, Screech and Urkel. I called it, "the greatest minds of our time".

I would have posted it up here, but since my old PC crashed, it's gone, baby. :(
  20. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    :(

well, now you have a project for the weekend. Recreate that picture!
  21. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    That sounds like a beautiful picture.
  22. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I still don't have that PC back. And this crappy laptop I'm using doesn't even have a USB port for my scanner.

Have to wait another week, I suppose.

And in the meantime, you'll just have to trust me when I say I look damned good wearing a fake moustache.
  23. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Alright, but if it turns out you don't, you owe me!

:p
  24. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    We used to visit my grandfather's gravestone every month or so and the cemetary was just in front of this mountain range. The mountains had this mass of pine trees on it and I used to think that just over those hills was Canada.

I have no idea why. But it all made sense at the time. ;)
  25. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh] That's cute Kerryn!

Another one of my irrational childhood fears was the fear of "mascots", anybody in a costume really but particularly Mickey Mouse and Ronald McDonald. Oh, and Grimace...

[image=http://www.cooltoons.com/shows/mcdonalds/characters/grimace.gif]

What was the deal with Grimace anyway? Were the marketing people like, "We've got the Hamburglar, we've got the Fry Guys, but we don't have a character who really likes milkshakes... I know! How about this big purple blob that walks around and talks? Yeah, we'll call it Grimace!"?

Too weird.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.