main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Random Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by OddeBogodde, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    Just thought I would start a thread for discussions about upcoming movies (non-star wars). So feel free to discuss whatever you want.

By the way, Johnny Depp is in Final talks for the role of Willy Wonka in the remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Tim Burton is also in talks to write and direct.

Also, since no one wants to make NEW movies.......Peter Jackson is doing a remake of King Kong....bleh....

New King Arther flick, set to star Clive Owen (you know, the guy from the BMW movies) as the King himself. Guess who else? that's right baby, Keira Knightly has signed on....as Guenivere....insert bad thoughts here.....ok, that's done. This is a Jerry Bruckheimer film and it appears that it will look at the historical significance of King Arthur's powerful role as a politician following the collapse of the Roman Empire.

Brit Henry Cavil (who?) is the front runner for Clark Kent in the new Superman V....a BRIT as superman?!?!?! Jesus what is this world coming to?

Any one else have any cool new info?

2. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    I don't have any new info but i do have a coment on the hole brit playing superman thing.....

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

(shruging shoulders) Uhhhggg,what ever...I don't care anymore.

3. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY ROLE!!!

bloddy english!(under breth)

4. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    More news....

Keira Knightly is up for the role in the next Bond Film (#21 I think). This will be Pierce Brosnan's last time as Bond. Clive Owen is rumored to take up the suave secret agent's role.

More Keira Knightly, she has landed the lead role in Jurassic Park IV. Sam Niel and Jeff Goldblum are in talks for this sequel.

you like Halle Berry? Check out the trailer for her new film Gothika

Wolfgang Petersen will direct and produce this historical epic based on The Iliad, the Greek poet Homer's account of the Trojan War. Described by a Warner Bros. executive as a "full-tilt ? adventure," the film will focus on the battles surrounding the Greeks' plan to recapture the abducted Helen; it will also include elements from The Iliad's sequel, The Odyssey. Guess who is starrring? Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Michael Clarke Duncan, Claire Forlani, Emilio Estevez, Orlando Bloom to name just a few....check out a pic of brad here.

I'll post any hot new info on more movies later.....

5. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I believe that Rose Byrne(another Amidala decoy)is also starring in the Brad Pitt picture....

6. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Gothika looks interesting.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i got a Gothika t-shirt at comic-con for going to the Warner Bros. session on saturday morning with Halle

8. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    more news....

Six actors ? including Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale, and Joshua Jackson ? are auditioning to play the Caped Crusader in Batman 5 (no title as of yet). I'm thinking, "Winner-takes-cape steel-cage death match!" I'm also thinking, "Please don't let Pacey win." Guy Pierce and Matthew McConaughey are also mentioned to play Batman.

It turns out that Lucas is pretty good at this directing thing. Episode III filming is ahead of schedule. Now if only someone would help him with writing scripts ? In other news, lots of SW spoilers have surfaced. Get them here.

New Paul Walker movie, The Last Apostle. I wish this were a sequel to Robert Duvall's divine The Apostle, but instead it's a Matrix-Crow wannabe. The Last Apostle is a gothic action flick said to be in the vein of The Crow and The Matrix. Paul Walker will play the lead, a brooding loner who, according to The Hollywood Reporter, has a "dark secret" and will fight "to win an epic struggle of good vs. evil." Sounds weak.

Firefly was swatted down by TV execs, but Joss Whedon's vision still shines bright and will live to see the day on the silver screen. Firefly is based on Joss Whedon's short-lived TV series of the same name, a sci-fi story set 500 years in the future aboard a spaceship. Whedon is the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. This big-screen project will feature much of the original cast.

Hey Brandon, a new Tim Burton movie...and guess what? Ewan McGregor is in it!!! Big Fish tells of William Bloom (Billy Crudup), the son of a braggart, who has returned home after a long separation to take care of his dying father, Edward (Albert Finney). Over the years, his father has told such fantastic stories that William must now unravel the tales and try to find a center of truth that will allow him to be able to understand his dad, both his accomplishments and failures, before it is too late. Sounds cool to me. It also starts Jessica Lange, Danny DeVito, Helena Bonham Carter, Steve Buscemi, and Alison Lohman.

Beverly Hills Cop 4.....god no....anyways... Sly Stallone was the initial choice to play Axel Foley in the original, and now, 20 years later, he's being mentioned for No. 4 ? but only for the role of the bad guy.

Well that's all I have for now....c-ya later!

9. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    Christian Bale is Batman! Warner Bros. made it official today. Filming is set to begin early next year. Said Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

The first Pirates of the Caribbean film followed the high-seas adventures of Capt. Jack Sparrow and Will Turner as they chased down the villainous Capt. Barbossa, who stole Sparrow's ship and held Turner's beloved, Elizabeth, hostage. The sequel is already under way, with the film's screenwriters working on a draft and deals in place to bring all the stars back.

Ridley Scott will likely direct this sequel to Russell Crowe's blockbuster swords-and-sandals hit. But Gladiator 2 won't see Crowe back in action; his character didn't survive the first film. The story picks up with the next generation of characters, focusing on the political side of Roman history.

New trailer for Kill Bill, Vol. 1. Find it here

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is in pre-production. Our young hero Harry Potter is now 14 years old and is set to leave his Muggle relatives in a couple of weeks to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But one night Harry has a disturbing vision. Knowing that Lord Voldemort and his sinister familiars ? the Death Eaters ? are out to get him, Harry is understandably on edge. He contacts his godfather, Sirius Black, for help.

that's all for now, I'll post more later

10. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    OK wait a minute, the third book of HP is not the Goblet of Fire it is the Prisoner of Askaban, right? so are they skipping #3 all toghther!! ( I am so confused :confused: )

11. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    NO filming for PoA is almost complete and is scheduled to be released in June 2004....
    and in the new Entertainment Weekly Johnny Depp(who just happens to be the cover story) has said he can't wait to do Willy Wonka, and that he's excited about doing a pirates sequel....

12. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    OOOOOHHH ok got it!

13. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    Ya, i got confused there for a second too

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ya know, i hope they don't ruin Pirates II like they ruined Matrix Reloaded.. :(

Hey, any news about the 3rd Matrix movie that's coming out in November?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.