main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Random Sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MASTERof_SITH, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumane_Larif

Sumane_Larif Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    Hi everyone im new to the boards.

im interested in getting an EL lightsaber for a few weeks now and ive been reading up on them and the different companies that make them (parks lighttech ect) im thinking about getting a lighttech saber kit and putting it into a random sabers hilt of my design.

i have emailed random sabers twice in the last 2 weeks and still not gotten a reply or quote for my saber, is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me lol i really want my lightsaber lol

2. SaberClaw

SaberClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2004
    Check out the thread: Is randomsabers dead? That will explain the delay in their response.

3. vegeta021

vegeta021 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    Sumane_Larif Welcome to the boards! The only thing I can say is be patient. Everyone has had to wait a bit between email from Random. They only have one guy Ryan that answers emails, and recently they have gotten alot of emails. I went about 4 or 5 days between emails waiting for a response. I will admit 2 weeks is long time give it a few more days. Then email them again. also if you a drawing of your design please post it in the "Your Lightsaber" thread we love to see differnt saber designs.

4. Sumane_Larif

Sumane_Larif Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    thanx guys ill be abit more patient

5. Jeddalo

Jeddalo Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    does anyone know if EL Sidious and Dooku sabers can be found somewhere?

Will

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    This isn't really the right thread to ask that. Random sabers will not create movie replica sabers, only original designs, just FYI.

Someone mentioned something about the Sidious saber in EL, but I don't remember where. Try the "Your Lightsaber" thread or my EL Blade tutorial thread.

7. MorgonKEN-BUR

MorgonKEN-BUR Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    i saw a sidious saber being auctioned by Jedi Dan who is the anakin for the 501st. It was a beautiful saber with an amazing red blade. Buttt someone bought it so i dont kow what to tell you.

8. The_awesome_jedi

The_awesome_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    just FYI, Randomsabers isn't dead. They've finished the first of my two sabers,a nd I've gotten 3 emaild from them in the last week, so they're still around

9. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
  10. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    when did you put your order in?

I put mine in in June or July I think. Probably won't get my saber until January.

11. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    late June. It'll be here in a week or so.

12. JediSaberSmith

JediSaberSmith Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2005
    If anyone is interested I machine hilts and sell them the working blades for around $200.00. I have a couple on eBay now if you want to take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Green-EL-Lightsaber_W0QQitemZ6569988652QQcategoryZ99971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

13. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    Are you currently listed at the top of the Status Page? Because I put my order in in the beginning of July and I am still like 25 people down.

14. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    Using Ryan's words:

Because you're one of the customers with the straightforward designs (as oppose to the ones who can't make up their minds), I was able to do yours between projects.

Above was paraphrase...here is original.

James - I thought I would drop this quick sneak-peek of your project on
    you.
    When I get projects like yours that are nice and straightforward as
    opposed
    to those that the customers cant seem to make up their minds - I can
    get
    them done in between other projects. This is the first of the two:

www.randomsabers.com/raw_images/vicious.jpg

I should be able to wrap up the other hilt as well around the middle
    of
    next week, and send them along with the blades out to you by the end of
    next
    week for certain.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and if you have any changes, let
    me
    know.
    Ryan

...from concept to reality...
    http://randomsabers.com

There you have it.

15. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    you are a lucky man. i knew what I wanted from the start. But I think my design isn't completely straightforward. regardless, I am jealous man.

16. Sidra_Darkathean

Sidra_Darkathean Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    :eek: Wow! I was wanting to make my own saber but this site really give me some ideals about the way i want mine to look I may not be able to machine make mine but this still helps!

17. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    Well, what he meant by straightforward was that I wasn't changing my mind every couple of days. If you refine it, then send it and let him owrk his magic, you'll have no trouble at all, I bet.

18. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    Yeah, I haven;t changed anything. I drew up the design, sent it in, discussed how to do somehting on the pommel, and he put me on the list. I haven't had any contact with him since. But, no worries. I came to terms with the fact that I won't get my sabers until January a while ago. If it ends up being earlier, that 's cool.

I doubt it will though. I designed 2 sabers: one for me and one for a friend (we are doing a fan film together). Her's being very straight forward, mine being pretty straight forward except for the pommel. I wanted it to have square block spikes coming out (like the Obi Wan TPM saber) yet be cut on a bias. Ryan said they would have to make special rigs to mill those blocks by hand thus adding to the time needed and the cost. I was fine with all that as I want the saber as close to my drawings as possible. But I am guessing that ruined any chance I had of being "bumped up" like you.

19. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    Ahhh, I see. If you don't mind, may I see the CAD he sent you? (if he sent you one, that is). If you don't want anyone else to see:
    aikidoka20@sbcglobal.net, or PM me a link. Thanks, man, and hope you get your stuff soon.

20. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    no CAD yet. I am pretty sure my project is a ways off.

21. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    sorry to hear that. Anyway, If you look under James M. on the status list, I have my two sabers there. The Glaciax and the Vicious.
    Glaciax
    Vicious

22. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    well, you are much closer to the top than me. funny to think that almost 15-20 people sent in designs between june and july.

those ars osme nice sabers man. I actually like Glaciax a lot. Very similar emitter shroud to the one I designed for my friend. And actually a similar mid section to my own. Though mine has the "cuts" in the black section on a bias. Well, pretty much everything on mine is diagonal.

23. The_awesome_jedi

May 25, 2005
    sounds hot. I can't wait to see the result.

24. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Is Random Sabers still doing business? I have a design I want to submit for production. I emailed them last week but haven't heard back yet.

25. Webfoot

Webfoot Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey guys, thought I'd throw an idea in as far as dueling with your sabers...

I'm also a member of the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism... that mideval re-creation group everyone's seen in their local park trashing each other in armor) and we use rattan for our 'heavy' combat (the guys in the armor). It gives pretty well, and is a little bit squishier than bamboo. I know you'd have to shave it down to fit in a lightsaber, but you might check it out. I'm sure if you google "SCA Rattan" or "SCA Heavy Fighting" you can get something about it.

Anyway, just my .02!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.