main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Random Sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MASTERof_SITH, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_Fett

Andy_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2005
    #65 from counting after the last completed hilt.

2. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Got mine last week.

delduath

belethil

super happy with the results. well worth the wait. Ryan is awesome.

the carbon fiber blades from ROTS are super sweet as well. so light!

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Actually, it depends on what you want.
    He has EL stuff that he does himself. For that you don't have to go through Corbin.
    Corbin's part comes in if you want an LED system instead of the EL. Then you order through Corbin for the interior portions of the saber and he'll send them on to Ryan. Ryan can then install them for you if you like.
    I am doing that currently on a saber that I am getting from Ryan.

4. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    He was correct actually. He was refering only to LED because that's what she expressed interest in. Besides that Corbin doesn't do EL anyway...

5. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh, okay. I was just clarifying (or thought I was).
    Thanks for clarifying my clarifying. LOL

6. Andy_Fett

Andy_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2005
    Why doesn't Ryan remove names from "The List" that were completed upwards of 6 months ago? I just e-mailed him about it.

7. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I've only got a few folks ahead of me now... I'm getting so excited! =P~

-Kyle

8. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I still have about 20 ahead of me :(

9. JediBaja

JediBaja Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Better than me, I got 42 ahead of me.

Heres my lightsaber design:
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Drawings/custom5.png]

It will be outfitted with LED electronics with a green blade.

10. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Nice looking hilt, man!

11. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    She's a girl. ;)

That's a cool design, Christina. I'd like to see it whenever you actually get it. Where are you getting the electronics that are going inside? TCSS?

12. Corbin-Das

Corbin-Das Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2005
    Hi all
    I just ran across this thread. I think I saw it a long time ago, but had forgotten about it. I'm not sure. Anyway, I've been working with Ryan for quite a while now. Often when people have a design that they want made into a Luxeon saber, they send the design to me so that I can make sure they'll have enough room for the components. I then correspond with the customer and Ryan to make sure everyone is on the same page. The actual machining cost is up to Ryan. I have nothing to do with that.
    Often the customer will buy the components from me and have me ship them to Ryan. I offer a service where I'll wire everything up so that Ryan just has to fit it into the saber too. I don't do this all the time, but it's an option some people like. I think Ryan offers a similar service, but you'd need to ask him about that.
    I'm not sure everyone knows this, but Random Sabers is a one man operation. Ryan draws up the CAD version of the saber for final approval by the customer, he machines the hilts and answers all the emails by himself. I suspect the email portion of it would almost be a full time job in its own right.
    Here's my latest Random Sabers: One is a stunt saber with a carbon fiber blade and the other is a Luxeon saber machined out of brass and copper. Both of these were modeled after an original ancient saber I've had for a while now. The back story had it originally belonging to a legendary Sith called Darth Malius:

The Stunt:

[image=http://server3.uploadit.org/files/corbinspics6-MaliusStunt.JPG]

The Luxeon:

[image=http://server3.uploadit.org/files/corbinspics6-MaliusLED.JPG]

Corbin Das

Corbin@CorbinsComponents.com

Corbin's Components

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Err, uh. Whoops? [face_blush]

Thanks for the clarification, Loreen. Seriously, JediBaja, I can't wait to see your hilt made...it is a very cool concept.

-Kyle

14. JediBaja

JediBaja Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Thanks Loreen, I'll def bring it too a OCSWS meeting or lightsaber training class once it's done. Of course that won't for a while.

Corbin is right, I will be getting all of my components from him. I haven't purchased them yet b/c my saber is still a ways down the list. Also by the time I'm up, new Luxeon technology or filters may come out.

15. Sidra_Darkathean

Sidra_Darkathean Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    I sent in my order 12/27/05 deposit to hold myself in line now 12/11/06 I recieve notice that mine is finish though it is almost a year I still think it is worth it and I will be sending in my next design soon

[image=http://randomsabers.com/raw_images/boudicca.jpg] My second one I sent in on the same day wich is an el ready saber in being worked on today I will post picture asap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.