main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Random Star Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh man, Tauntaun...that is CLASSIC.

2. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    LOSER!!

I can't tell who needs to be kneed in the face more....him (for the obvious) or her for calling Dr. Phil.

D'

3. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Apparently the released a bit about Ashoka Tano, who will become Anakin's padawan in the new Clone Wars cartoon. wiki How much time is there for him to have a padawan?

4. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    Wasn't she the one featured in Revenge of the Sith?

Oh, wait...she's the one from the Revenge of the Sith Special Edition, coming in 2015.

(Cheap shot, but it had to be made.)

5. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    ROTS:SE:3-D vs Predator

6. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    In IMAX. I hear that Hannah Montana's gonna be in it too. If she can lift herself up off her crack rock sick bed.

7. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    Don't you if you caught this. I thought it was cool.

8. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    So, I was going to apologize for the following coming from the benevolent, though planetary blog-gernaut gawker, and then I realized that the previous post came from there too... Eep.

At any rate gawker's new scifi blog, io9, is nice. They've had a flurry of SW posts in the recent past. I like this one: Link. What worries me is that I'm 100% behind some of these products. Cloud City desk lamp? Sign me up.

9. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Holy kee-rap! There was a guy at C3(PO'd!) that had the tauntaun suit, and I would definitely go for the sun shade, Jabba bean bag chair, and the foosball table.

In fact, I think I am going to work on my own version of the Carbonite fridge when I get home...

10. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Jimminy Christmas!

They made millions of those freak-ass Jar-Jar tongue lollipops, but decided AGAINST the General Veers sun shield and Death Star dart boards with X-wing darts??? Who the hell was making these calls?

My SW merchandise fandom has faded dramatically over the years, but I'm genuinely pissed about this.

-Le Penguin
    (I like one of the commenter's ideas: add a "hanging Luke" pull string to the Bespin lamp)

11. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
  12. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Ha Ha! That story full of clever "in-jokes" that people who saw the Star Wars movies a bunch of times will understand.

[image=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6678/hugefailjb4.jpg]

Dave

13. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    The "Family Guy" SW episode proves that people still eat that sh!t up.

14. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    No kidding. Me too.

I have a crapload of SW toys in my parents' basement in South Holland, and I know one of them is a Power of the Force era AT-AT. Unless it's worth a gajillion bucks on eBay, I'm gonna convert that bad boy to a chair caddy. I wonder if it's even big enough to hold anything substantial...probably not an ice-cold Pepsi, unless I reinforce the head somehow and start to like Pepsi...

15. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    So, this post has nothing of substance, but that I wanted to congratulate you on making me laugh out loud during a lecture inappropriately. Thank You, sir.

16. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    It's the least I can do.

No, seriously. The absolute LEAST.

17. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Do you like Star Wars? How about Hitchcock, Stanley Donen or any of the other great directors that Saul Bass did titles for in the 50s and 60s? Ever wish Episode IV had something resembling a proper credit sequence? If you answered "yes" to at least two of those questions, dig it.

"They said I led a boring life."

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    GameTrailers.com has a nice video retrospective of the early years of Star Wars video games. It even has footage of a prototype of an Ewok Adventure game for Atari that was never produced.

Phil

19. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://othersideoftheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/squirrel_sith_lightning.jpg]

[image=http://othersideoftheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/jedi_squirrel.jpg]

[image=http://othersideoftheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/Tarzan_Lightsaber_1c.jpg]

I couldn't decide whether to put this in the icanhas post.

D'

20. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Nice find! Their other retrospectives, Metroid, Zelda, and Final Fantasy, are quite good as well. This is likely intended to hype The Force Unleashed. Hopefully that game will be good, but I'm not hopeful.

21. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Wired "contest" in conjunction with the new "Fanboys" movie. There's bound to be some interesting stuff (I'm sure a few of our pics are at least worth posting) though the final 10 will no doubt include a handful of Leia/Twi'lek girls and the inevitable "50 501st guys all lined up in a parking lot at D*Con" photo.

"Of course I've looked better."

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, since it appears to be a Digg style contest, I can see big groups of Dbags voting down good pix.

I'd recommend:

-Mark's famous photo from CIII
    -A good shot of Jabba
    -The Carbon Freezing Chamber
    -The Admiral Ackbar ham is pretty creepy too

I just submitted a picture of my "Stigmata Amidala" punch bowl.

Also, from what I gather at the Fanboys IMDB board...from this tight group of nerds who were actually involved with its making...the suits have completely ruined the film (not that I thought it would be any good anyway), but apparently it's even worse. That's why the release date moved every six months as they re-shot and re-cut.

D'

23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    GameTrailers.com's Star Wars video game retrospective part 2 is up. Quite nice roundup of the games based on the Original Trilogy, right up to Lego Star Wars.

Phil

24. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    AV Club posted some info about the Fanboys "protest" this weekend:

-----

The kerfuffle over Harvey Weinstein's new, pathos-free edit of Fanboys was supposed to erupt this weekend, as the scrappy Rebel Alliance of miffed Star Wars obsessives were ostensibly banding together against the Evil Empire by protesting the premiere of Weinstein's new Superhero Movie. While it's difficult to know who to root for when it comes to Harvey Scissorhands vs. guys who get uppity if you don't know how many parsecs it took the Millennium Falcon to make the Kessel Run, it's hard not to let out a Jabba-like chuckle over this report on what a lackluster protest it all turned out to be. First of all, whether a protest even took place seems to be a matter of much debate: A fan group calling itself The 501st claims that 14 protesters went to an AMC theater in New York, but by its own admission, when confronted by a security guard, they chose to go inside and pay to see 21 instead. And yet, even this paltry showing is under dispute: An AMC spokesperson said it never happened, while a YouTube video from the "event" (since removed) apparently showed one lone protester complaining that no one was there. Even sadder was this report from L.A.:

The group also claimed that more than 20 showed up at AMC's theaters in Century City and faced even more security guards who asked them to leave the mall, which was considered private property. An AMC rep said the protest was limited to one person in a Darth Vader costume on the street outside the theater. A source close to the film said eight protesters did appear, and were taken out for pizza by one of the filmmakers.

-----

Full link here.

"A fan group calling itself the 501st..."

25. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    someone NEEDS to upload the Admiral Hambar. I don't suppose Shauna's still around on the boards...? That was really her masterpiece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.