main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Symbols (Ivory Tower: Episode 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai-Jack

Samurai-Jack Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    Maybe Anakin will be put in the same kind of situation in Episode III.

2. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Seems likely- it's basically the same position Luke was in at the end of ROTJ.

3. Samurai-Jack

Samurai-Jack Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks master YodaJeff!

I knew that Dooku had to be more than just a name that sounded like Dracula. Thanks for the explanation SomeRandomNerd. I guess Episode III will truly be a Duel of the Fates.

Something that has been bugging me for a while is Coruscant. Why did the Jedi decide to make Coruscant their home. I can understand it from a logical perspective. That is where the capital of the government is after all. But it seems as if they have cut themselves off from anything natural by choosing Coruscant. Maybe that and their proximity to Palpatine is the reason their power to use the force has diminished. I guess that watching the OT has influenced my thinking. Both Yoda and Obi-Wan live on planets that are underdeveloped. It is very odd to see Jedi living on such an unnatural world.

4. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    Just an observation:

Anakin?s introductory entrance in TPM and Yoda's entrance to the Geonosian Hangar in AOTC are parallel sequences.
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/episode1/newspics/hidden_shadow.jpg] [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/g-62.jpg]

In both scenes, an elongated shadow enters the shot before the characters. The shadows represent the hidden strength of these two diminutive characters. Though it may not be apparent by their size, Anakin and Yoda are two of the most powerful charters in the SW saga. It would be a mistake to make assumptions about these characters based on their outward appearance. As Yoda states in ESB:

?Judge me by my size, do you? ...And well you should not.?

In the SW saga, someone?s appearance and/or behavior does not always reflect the true nature of their character or the true nature of their motives.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Wow. I wouldn't have picked up on that, even if I watched TPM and AOTC non-stop for a year. Great find!

Both were small in appearance, yet the elongated shadow perhaps represented the Force ability inside the individual. For Yoda, the shadow could have been foreshadowing his Jedi skills that he would show later in the duel against Dooku. For Anakin, the shadow could be seen as foreshadowing of either his future size, or as the amount of Force potential that he has.

6. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Good call, E CHU TA

My icon and I thank you. :)

7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Talk about reaching for the stars, but a good observation none the less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.