main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thought of the Day- a place for random thoughts

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Oddball_62, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    *Looks outside*
    RT: That's a lot of snow!

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    That's a lot of money. If that Joker guy was so smart, he'd have us bring a bigger car. I'm betting the Joker told you to kill me soon as we loaded the cash...

No no no, I killed the bus driver.

Bus driver? what bus driver?

*wham*

Schools out, time to go. What happened to the other guys?

*bang*

*bangs head onto keyboard*
    :_| 8-} :_|
    From the top of my friggin head! :oops:

3. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Random Thought: Okay, lets do Nexus! I wish there was a sport where people raced them, that would be awesome! [face_alien_1]

Random Thought 2: I lost my Ipod... :_|

4. DarkPowerUnlimited

DarkPowerUnlimited Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2008
    RT: Wish it would snow here in Trashy 'Talia
    RT: I wish i had an i-pod
    RT: Wish i had a nexu to threaten my brothers with
    RT: I wish for a lot of things
    I put this on the Newbie Party board, and i'll put it here so the maximum amount of people can read it. It's Christian, so if you aren't a Christian, you don't have to read it, but that would make me sad :_| . Here it goes:

THE ROOM!!

17-year-old Brian Moore had only a short time to write something for a class. The subject was what Heaven was like. "I wowed 'em," he later told his father, Bruce. "It's a killer. It's the bomb. It's the best thing I ever wrote." It also was the last.

Brian's parents had forgotten about the essay when a cousin found it while cleaning out the teenager's locker at Teary Valley High School. Brian had been dead only hours, but his parents desperately wanted every piece of his life near them-notes from classmates and teachers, his homework.

Only two months before, he had handwritten the essay about encountering Jesus in a file room full of cards detailing every moment of the teen's life. But it was only after Brian's death that Beth and Bruce Moore realized that their son had described his view of heaven. "It makes such an impact that people want to share it. You feel like you are there." Mr. Moore said.

Brian Moore died May 27, 1997, the day after Memorial Day. He was driving home from a friend's house when his car went off Bulen-Pierce Road in Pickaway County and struck a utility pole. He emerged from the wreck unharmed but stepped on a downed power line and was electrocuted.

The Moore's framed a copy of Brian's essay and hung it among the family portraits in the living room. "I think God used him to make a point. I think we were meant to find it and make something out of it," Mrs. Moore said of the essay. She and her husband want to share their son's vision of life after death. "I'm happy for Brian. I know he's in heaven. I know I'll see him."

Brian's Essay: The Room...

In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endless in either direction, had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read "Girls I have liked." I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.

This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.

A file named "Friends" was next to one marked "Friends I have betrayed." The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird "Books I Have Read," "Lies I Have Told," "Comfort I have Given," "Jokes I Have Laughed at." Some were almost hilarious in their exactness: "Things I've yelled at my brothers." Others I couldn't laugh at: "Things I Have Done in My Anger", "Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents.." I never ceased to be surprised by the contents.

Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in my years to fill each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.

When I pulled out the file marked "TV Shows I have w

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Random thoughts need a length limit.[face_hypnotized]

*inserts veeery long text*
    [face_mischief]

Update, update! [face_dancing]
    And only one year after the last one!:oops:

6. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    What? You are getting moi confoozled :confused:

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Foozles are like Woozles; only instead of double u they have simply me, um f, I mean.8-}

8. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    RT: To a happy new year [face_coffee]!
    RT 2: Presents have value that value is the happiness of those to that they are given to.

9. Featherpaw

Featherpaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2008
    Yo masta's getting confoozled!
    RT:"Yo masta" is so much better than "yo mamma".
    RT2: I had a dream that Bastila and Juhani(two characters from KOTOR) were six and were kidnapped to become spartans like Master Chief was. And in the middle of the dream, Darth Malak came and stole their cookies... and then he laughed dementedly.
    RT3: *is stepped on by plot bunny*
    RT4: I like plot gizka better.
    RT5: I really want KOTOR two!

10. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    DarkPowerUnlimited, that essay had chills running down my spine. Toast![face_coffee]

RT: I want to skip finals and go straight home. My kitties need me! Think my profs will let me go when I tell them that?:p

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Agreed, great essay Darkpower. =D= [face_flag] =D= [face_flag]

Random Thought: Family members are hovering over me as I type, somebody say something to them!

12. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    Hello! *waves*

RT: I want some [face_coffee]...

13. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/whattheworld.gif]
    Hello, there, family members. :cool:

14. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    RT1: Why is it that I keep watching that gif when I know it just repeats every few seconds? [face_hypnotized]

RT2: Big rock candy mountain!!!

Oh, and hello Gunganfan's family! :)

15. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Random Thought: My hovering family members said "Cool, they like me. And that one wants some coffee!" They are very strange...

Random Thought 2: I want an Ewok. They are awesome.

16. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    *watches ROTS*

RT: How come Obi-Wan doesn't use the force to clear the buzz droids from his ship?

17. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    RT: I want an Ewok, too. I would name him Kettch.:p

RT2: I got my coffee![face_coffee]

18. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    RT: Try mixing hot chocolate with coffee; your ordinary amount of hot chocolate to your ordinary amount of coffee, with, (provided you drink 1 tsp or more coffee) some sugar. And of course, milk and hot water (or hot milk). I call it Chocoloffee. :p

19. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    RT: Some of my friends do that. I call it a Makeshift Mocha.:p I do need to try it sometime...

20. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    RT: Hee, that's a good name for it. :) And you should try it sometime! What I'm....a bit wary of is one of my brothers' friends' inventions: Rooibos tea and hot chocolate. He calls it Chocobush....[face_thinking]

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    cappuccion + hot chocolate = chococino.
    I am addicted to it. :oops:

Should have watched Chobits yesterday.:(

22. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    RT: Sprite and pepsi is spritzy, i think.
    RT: Apple juice and orange juice go good together.
    Feather, i have KOTOR II and i cant play it. but i cant give it to you 'cause i cant ask for your address! :_| That would endanger the safety of... of... What was i saying? Oh yeah. My XP computer is dead, and my vista wont play it :_| i've heard it's a good game, and i've got it right under my nose, and i can't play it!
    RT: It is raining
    RT: i have a christmas tree in my room. it is about 8 inches tall.

23. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Random Thought: I don't like coffee!

Random Thought 2: I want some mountain dew.

Random Thought 3: lhbds ksajbfosvvvsjv j sigdfs sgo... :confused: Random...

24. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    RT: My gummy bears just went skinny dipping in my shake.
    RT: Gummy bears taste good coated with shake.
    RT: What about gummy ewoks?
    RT: Or even gummy gungans? [face_laugh]

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Gummy Gungangs do a Silly Sundance on my Yummy Sundaes8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.