Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drkjedibgsu Jedi Padawan

I can't stand guys who trick out their car to the extent that the mods are worth more than the car itself! If you're gonna spend 15K on crap, just buy a better car in the first place!!!! What's the point of an aluminum wing on a cavalier? really, do you need the extra downforce?
  2. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    You know.. It's really embarassing to answer the phone and (after having found rude telemarketers or siblings on the other end for the past half-hour), wind up screaming a rude greeting,something to the effect of "What the hell do you want?!?!", to your HS Principal..
  3. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Only half a day of school left! ... And 18 days till OoTP! *dies..*
  4. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    You're right Sarah, Just 18 days left until my Birthday. I'm sure that's what you were talking about, right? :)
  5. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Oooh, reallllly now??? o_O *evil giggle* And how old, my dearest friend and CR, are ye to be on thy birthday?
  6. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    26 years old, yes I was born when Episode 4 was in theatres.
  7. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, good 'ole twenty-six! We should have some sort of mention of this at the barbecue!
  8. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    A lot of birthdays this month!! It's also Padawan-Sclicher's and Lady_Lucas's birthdays!!
  9. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
  10. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Well thanks Darth and Junkie. Happy birthday to everybody else born in June also. :)
  11. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Boredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored Step-Mom's birthday is June 10th boreboredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored Sister's birthday is June 16th reallyboredreallyboredreallybored!
  12. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmmm, I feel through the Force that you are trying to convey some sort of feeling, but what exactly, so vague you are.;)
  13. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Picked up the new Metallica album yesterday more out of habit then expecting to like it, been listening to Metallica since '86 so I just pick up whatever they put out from some sort of wierd loyalty, despite the lame Load, Reload, and S&M. Well, expecting to be dissapointed I put the CD in and was completely blown away! THIS is the album that should have been released in '96 instead of that miserable Load train wreck. Every song kicks my ass like wayyyy back in high school, feel so good to have my once favorite band back.
  14. Gwen_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    Happy 4th of July tomorrow to everyone! Hope y'all have a great holiday:)
  15. Private-Panic Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. Private-Panic Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember now I was gonna say......

darn forgot again!!!!!!!!
  17. Private-Panic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Got it now...

Don't you wish Bert Convey would come back to T.V.

I miss him
  18. Lamerson Jedi Knight

star 1
    i like...... cheese!
  19. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    12 days till KOTOR!!!
  20. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Green olives are very good, but are they better than black olives? I think they are a better value since each green olive comes with a red thing inside of them. But I don't know which kind truly tastes better. :)
  21. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Black olives rule all over those sour green ones! I snagged a silver Boba Fett from the Origins Con. at Mavericks today, sure it was $24 but hey man.....IT'S SILVER!
  22. Gwen_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    OLIVES?!?!?! neither, thank you. Now, tomatoes, that's something you can't go wrong with ;)
  23. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Y'all can keep ya'r olives and tomatos, 'cause as far as round edible things go I like apples. <_< And I can vouch that Pink Ladies and Fuji's are your best value.
  24. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    I've been thinking about this for a couple days, and each time I promptly forget about it when I hop online. For a Dayton meeting why don't we all attend the Inventing Flight Celebration Central festivities? I suggest we hurry with this idea, it doesn't have to be an official meeting since this is so last minute. I just learned that the whole thing ends on Sunday. I suggest, since we're having our meeting on Sunday anyhow, why don't those who are interested hang around and go to Celebration Central?

The adult admission is now set at $10, so it's not terribly expensive, kids 15 and under get in free (in case any of us want to bring any).

They have a free concert every evening, generally a good cover band of some sixties/seventies group. When we went last week they had an Abba cover group, and last night they had a Temptations group.

At the celebration they have four pavillions, one with Ford/EAA, Nasa/LexusNexus, Bank One, and another one I can't think of right now. The one who's name I can't think of has astronauts every day who sign autographs, and give out patches. Bank One's exhibit is really nice, I think they are in conjunction with Wright Pat. The Nasa pavillion kicks a$$, to me atleast. I like spaaaace. <_<

Food and drink are available. They are not cheap. Pop and water are $2, beer $3, ice tea is $3-$4. Food is anywhere from $3-$6. I would recommend sneaking in with a supply of food and claiming we're all highly diabetic. I have tried this before, it works so long as you keep a straight face. <_<
    Also, should y'all wish to see some of the other Inventing Flight Celbration stuff the RTA offer FREE park 'n ride stations. Where you can catch a bus to any of the locations in the area, including: Huffman Prairie, the Wright Brothers Memorial, Air Force Museum (FREE admission), and the Dunbar house (if for some insane reason you wish to venture to the west side).

This is just a suggestion, I'd like to see it fulfilled. I had fun when I went. Bring Sunblock.
  25. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Sarah they should hire you as a tour guide! That sounds like a very cool idea, I personally have alot of errands/stuff to do tomorrow evening so I won't be able to go but that sounds like alot of fun for the rest of the group. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.