main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Aww, thanks. ^_^

It's a shame you can't come, I think you'd have enjoyed it. I hope that other people can make it! I think this would be an excellant opportunity for the Cincy folk to attend our meeting tomorrow since it seems many can't make the early movie.

2. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    This is a snippet of a conversation my friend and I just had...:

Trevor: Curse....You!
    Quiet_Nuisance: Curse... Me?
    Quiet_Nuisance: *quirks eye brow*
    Trevor: Yep..I'm getting into Star Wars, I blame you somehow.
    Quiet_Nuisance: Mwahahahahaha...!

3. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Yes, I have seduced my wife into liking the Star Wars universe as well. She reads the novels and asks me questions and has come up with some interesting theories as well. Such as why Leia had her last name changed to Organa and Luke remained Skywalker, you'd think that Owen & Beru would change his last name to hide him from Vader & Palpatine.
    On a different note, I have two,(well 3 if you count Sat.), days off due to a stupid work injury. I got my left forefinger ripped up good in a pulley belt on a engine on Wed. and a taking a few days off to let it heal a bit. Took about 15-20 stitches to close, luckily I have meaty fingers,(doctors words, not mine), or I would have had broken it. Instead a nice chunk of flesh was ripped asunder! Missing work is awesome especially sleeping in, although I still woke up at 6:30am, but for me that IS sleeping in. Luckily I can still use my thumb and middle finger to play video games,so the time off is not a complete bore. Sean, have you obtained a copy of KOTOR yet? I am now on Dantooine and finally recieved a lightsaber, sweet!

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your finger, That must have really hurt! I hope it heals up nicely and doesn't cause you too much pain. I still haven't been able to purchase KOTOR yet due to some recent financial surprises.

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear about your finger, too. That had to be some major pain. Yet I still manage to find humor in it. -- You almost get your finger chopped off by a machine, and all you seem worried about is whether you can still play video games!

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    After Dayton (and the rest of Ohio) taking our lightsaber title away...the Dayton boards are not going to be safe from TheRandomMenace!

The circle is complete :D

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Oh no! All beware the randominity of he who hath been named our bane! <_<

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, soon all of the Jedi Council Forums will be mine! MUWAHAHA! I am going to r0x0r Chewb0x0rs, w00t w00t!

9. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    See, the terror he wraughts<sp?>! Already, I'm shaking in my sandles by the mere use of his strange dialect and choice of grammar. <_<

10. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I must be getting old, what does woot woot mean?

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I was actually wondering about "r0x0r chewb0x0rs"... ?[face_plain]

12. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I am speaking 1337, which = LEET = elite... a computer geek language which combines letters and numbers, E's are 3's, G's are 6's, S's are 5's, etc. w00t w00t means what what... r0x0r means that something rocks... and Chewb0x0r would be the L337 version of Chewbacca's name. Basically I was just saying that I rock like Chewbacca. I definitely pwn... which was derived from a misspelling of own and j00, which is L337 for you. I pwnz0rs j00!

13. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    That's what I thought. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't horribly mistaken. o_O I mean.. you could've been talking about chewing boxers.

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Soo... Have we thought about when our next meeting will be?

15. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I would like to volunteer my house for a BBQ and such, my weekends have switched on the golf course so for about another 2-3 weeks I can't nail down a certain date. I was thinking early Sept., maybe the week after Labor Day?

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Any Saturday or Sunday before the weekend of September 6 & 7 would be good for me. After that Saturday would be the only day on the weekend I could attend for awhile.

17. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Most any day would be fine for me.

18. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Ok, how about the 6th or the 13th of Sept.?

19. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I like the 6th, myself.. But it sounds like Sean can't make that weekend.. Soooo the 13th would work too.

20. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I will be out of town the 6th, so the 13th would be better for me, but if the 6th works for everyone else, then have a blast and fill me in on it later ;)

21. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    *knocks on the Fellowship's door"

Hi Dayton:

I just PMed Sean_Starrider and he said it would be alright if I posted here. I'll be moving to Wright State on Monday where I'll be working on my Masters. When I get settled in, if you all don't mind, I'd like to participate in your club!

Some questions (and feel free to ask me some!):

I'm a model kit builder, proud owner of a large unbuilt Star Wars model kit collection, any good model/hobby stores in the area?

Any good comic shops around too?-- I'd hate to miss out on the Clone Wars.

What do you all like best about Dayton? I've only been to WSU's campus and the Big Boy across the street.

Thanks again!

MTFBWY
    Jammies

22. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Hey YodaJammies, welcome! Im big into the comics also as well as the toys and books. A few decent comic shops are Mavericks in Kettering, Bookery in Fairborn, Dark Star in Yellow Springs,and Fanattics in the Dayton Mall. The clone wars series is pretty awesome, Ventress rocks! I hope she makes it into Ep3.

Now for the next meeting, it seems the 13th is in the general concensus, so are we all agreed on the 13th then? Hope Im not stepping on your toes Sean by setting up the date or anything. I hope more people can make it to this meeting, YodaJammies you are more than welcome. If you or JediJunkie need rides I can help out.

23. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, welcome to the fanforce Yoda_Jammies! Love you name. ^_^
    Pada1 named most all the big comic book stores in the area, but I'd like to add in The Dragons Lair, which is in downtown Dayton. They've got lots of comics, cards, and such.

Thanks for the offer, Pada1, but I'm pretty sure Mom'll attend this meeting.

24. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Cool Aaron, if the 13th works best for everyone then it's cool with me. :)

25. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll have to wait and see about the 13th, but yah-- I'd need a ride or very articulate directions complete with big red arrows and colorfull pictograms of Dayton landmarks (like Home Depot, you all have a LOT of Home Depots)

Thanks PADA 1: Is Bookery too far from WSU?
    I agree: So far the Clone Wars have been fun, and very nice to look at. I'm glad they are showing young Anakin as a mature soldier and padawan. Too many times writers try to show his "dark side." Save it for Ep III, says I.

Thanks Jedi_Junkie: I like your name as well (I can relate), and icon! It's from a line in Raising Arizona, and my favorite P.J.'s growing up. Sadly I can nolonger fit into the little slipper feet. I'll have to check out The Dragon's Lair when I get brave enough to go downtown.

Thanks again for the niceness (I do like niceness)!
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

P.S. So what are some of y'alls favorite things about Dayton?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.