main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I've noticed there are many Home Depots in Dayton myself, Jammies... They just sprang up from the wood work! -- I like my name too, and happily someone likes my icon! ^_^ *proud*

If you ever bring up the courage to venture downtown, tell me, maybe I can give you a brief tour - I live extremely close to the seedy city's center..

The thing I like most about Dayton is...! *thinks...............* I like the ... erm... *thinks harder..* ... The suburbs have great shopping....? o_O

2. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Dayton is pretty much dullsville Daddy-o! You get some big name concerts at the Nutter Center down the road from WSU, most of the good shopping is outside of Dayton like JJ stated. Sorry to dissapoint Yodajammies but that's the truth about Dayton,(at least from my point of view!).

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well Thanks anyway guys;
    I thought that was the case.

So far I've visited the Big Boy and the Fairborn Commens Mall, and tomorrow I start my job at WSU. I'm not sure what I do, but it seems fun.

Well, their kicking me out of the library (*KICK*)

MTFBWY

Jammies

4. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Aha, that's what I like about Dayton!! *light bulb appears and fizzles to life..* We've got a great library system! And so long as the state doesn't deplete their funding further, I can say that our libraries will be great for years to come. Oh, and the Dragons are great, too. So long as you can manage to get tickets - the (insert obscenity here) suburbanites gobble up all the season passes, and the few seats that aren't season tickets are reserved before the season even starts! -- Oh, and if you're into this sort of thing, there are plenty of parks and such to hike or hang out at.

5. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Welcome Jammies, I'm a fellow WSU'er. What are you going for your master's in? Sorry all that it's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm slowly drowning in a pool of work. Hope everyone is gooood and the 13th sounds excellent for our next meeting :)

6. Gwen_Amidala

Feb 2, 2003
    Bombers hockey games are a lot of fun, and if you are a basketball fan, we get free tickets as WSU students. Ummmmm, other than that, grab the Friday paper and check out the Go section. It lists happenings and stuff in the Dayton area that are occasionally worthy

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks for the imput guys!
    My masters will be in Student Affairs: Educational Leadership and Psycology. <- There is an h missing somewhere) I've been on campus for two days now. Yesterday was spent getting lost in the tunnels.

8. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    In almost exactly 31 minutes I will be 17!

In case you wonder, I plan on living forever. So far so good.

9. Gwen_Amidala

Feb 2, 2003
    Happy Birthday Miss JediJunkie ;)

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Well thank you, Gwen!

11. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Wow, now I feel really old! I was your age when you were born...yikes.

12. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, I suppose that's a Happy Birthday.... <_< *giggle* Aaron's an old fogey!

13. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Happy belated Birthday. :)

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Happy Birthday Miss Jedi!

MTFBWY
    (sorry so late)
    Jammies

15. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Oi, thanks Jammies! Sorry for the untimely-ly late expression of gratitude.

I've started school... again... *twitch* Friggen mornings. I forgot what it was like seeing the sun rise, kinda eerie when you see the earth spin. Makes ya feel kinda insignificant. --There's my deep thought for the day. o_O

16. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    happy one month late belated to you miss junkie. I dont know what to think, but i feel that there is possibly a galaxy out there that
    is indeed a star wars galaxy, have any of you ever thought about this? i have a lot. there is so much to explore out there in hyperspace.
    there just may very well be a such thing as a jedi or tatooine or coruscant...if this was true to fact, we would all be packing our bags...lol...oh well wishful thinking.

17. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Having the Star Wars universe be a reality is something that has probably crossed the minds of all hard core fans at some point. It's a big universe, why couldn't there be another place filled with intelligent beings with thier own problems and cultures and society? If for whatever reason I woke up and found myself in the Star Wars universe, I would probably have to get a lame job servicing droids or working on the loading docks of Coruscant!

18. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    heck if we are going to get on that subject about a career in the star wars universe, well let me just tell what i might be doing. probably, (as i think realistically)I would more than likely be working in a lower coruscant medical facility, medically servicing different alien beings that get a blaster bolt in their rumps..i would actually put an application at the jedi temple (on my day off) to work as a jedi medic...if there is a such thing...who knows.

19. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Well I picked up the Rebel Strike demo disc yesterday at EB. Consider me....underwhelmed. I mean the game is good but I don't see any improvments over the last Rogue Squadron, maybe this is just a average level they picked. I'll still buy it however, the old skool arcade game included is awesome in all it's cheesy glory. I can't believe when I played it back then that I thought it was best thing since the Rubik's cube. I suppose 20 years from now I'll look back at the Xbox and laugh as well.

20. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I am VERY angry right now. I've been writing a fantasy story for the three days, and I had quite a bit going on it. I had nearly four pages written in the god d*&$ ^#$%#$% piece of &#%* file-- and the computer at school corrupted the story!! So now, with the piece due tomorrow I can't access it to finish or even print it. *twitch*friggen*twitch*

21. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Well that bites greasy chunks! Computers may have made our lives easier but a typewriter never erased what you put down.

22. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Righto, well I got my story in ( for all you people waiting with bated breath!), and it was roughly five pages by time I got sick of writing. It's not finished, nor will it be for a long time. But that's not what I'm posting about.
    I went to Kings Island yesterday!! Oh my friggen goddess. O_O I had so much fun. One word: Delirium. That ride ROX, my friend Andrew and I rode it like three times in a row. Then we rode it again! We couldn't resist its steely, spinning, swinging goodness. *drool* ... Can't wait to go again next year....

Er, yes.. Anyway.. We also rode the Outer Limits twice, rode the Scooby thing (that was... interesting..), and just about every other ride in the park atleast twice. Tomb Raider sucked. The ride part was fun, but what the heck was with that stupid video? If I wanted to see the bloody movie, I'd see it! And we had ice cream! Yes.. Ice cream in October. ^_-

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I didn't care for Delirium, it made my tummy hurt. But I love all the other roller coasters and I'm glad to hear you had a great time Sarah. :)

24. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    if anyone on here is interested...there is a website called " outerrobes.com " they specialize in fabricating flannel type comfy, yet cozy jedi robes. comes in brown and black.
    i checked it out and they look pretty good.
    they are a bit pricey...they come in ( short )
    which are for people under 5'7" ( medium ) which is for people 6'0" and ( long ) for people who are much taller...the price varies.
    but all robes are at least over $100 bucks.
    just decided to tell ya all...p.s. also good to wear on halloween, star wars conventions and in the morning when it is a bit cold in the house...or any where you would like to show it off.

25. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I bought a $40 Qui-Gon Jinn outfit back when episode 1 came out and it was a great quality robe. To this day it is still in fantastic condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.