main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Random Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ryno, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I just saw something on PBS about Theodore Geisel. You might know him as Dr Seuss. He wrote something about two weeks before his death in 1991. An associate asked him if there was anything he might have left unsaid. He wrote:
    ?Any message or slogan? Whenever things go a bit sour in a job I'm doing, I always tell myself, 'you can do better than this.' The best slogan I can think of to leave with the kids of the U.S.A. would be 'We can ... and we've got to ... do better than this.?
    He then crossed out "the kids of" to make it a message not just to kids, but to the whole of the American people.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Happy New Year, everyone...may it be all you want it to be. :D

3. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

2008! :)

4. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey guys...

I just came from a fantastic interview. It went really, really well!

If you could send some force vibes this way (or prayers or meditations) that would be great!

I am really looking forward to meeting my New Year's Resolution of finding permanent, full time employment by my birthday (just way ahead of schedule)!

Good thoughts, good thoughts!!!

:)

5. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Best of luck Korey!!

My mom just found out that she is getting laid off in 2 weeks and I hope she can find something soon too.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I hope you get this too, K!

BTW, they've splashed on the MySpace front page that the Family Guy "Blue Harvest" episode (the Star Wars parody) is either out on DVD or is about to come out on DVD.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Family Guy: Blue Harvest came out yesterday. There are 2 versions. A bare-bones one for around $12.99 and a deluxe version for around $24.99 that includes a T-shirt, trading cards and some other goodies.

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Thanks, Chris!

My mom just found out that she is getting laid off in 2 weeks and I hope she can find something soon too.

That's a real bummer. I know how hard it was for a 'thirtysomething' to find work... I've been on the hunt for about 16 months now... I can't imagine a 'seasoned' professional trying to search for work. However, now is the best time to be looking... businesses have just renewed their hiring budgets thus making it a little easier to get hired.

Best of luck to your Mom.

9. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Thanks Korey.

I helped update her resume on Saturday and she is going to send it out to a bunch of offices in the building she works.

On top of things my income is getting reduced because they are cutting over time.

But a few shifts have become available here and there. Hopefully I will get back on a regular OT shift again soon.

10. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    One resolution down and one to go!

I got a contingent offer from Staples... as long as everything goes ok with the background check, I will be starting in their Westborough office on February 4th!

I am so very excited!

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nooooooooo! Run, run for you life!

;)

You should be fine. I'm in the HQ over in Framingham and I can't wait to get the heck out of here.

12. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    There's no in between there, is there?

You hate it... and another friend I have there loves it!

LOL

I am just glad to have finally found a permanent job (after nearly 18 months of temping)!

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Maybe you can request a transfer to Westborough, Wormie. [face_laugh]

Seriously, I wish you well with this if you take the offer, K, and I hope it turns out to be all you expected. :D

14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Congrats to you, K!

15. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Congrats Korey :)

The water main going into my house broke and flooded some of my basement a few days before Christmas a few weeks back.

Well the landlord had to dig up some of the lawn and flower bed area with a back hoe.

I saw this golden glare coming from underneath one of the bushes on a sunny Saturday.

Well it happened to be a vintage Kenner C-3P0 figure.

The funny thing is my brother and I lived in this same house back in early to mid 80s so it is either his or my old C3P0.

We used to play in the dirt as kids do and he or I probably forgot him outside and he got buried somehow.

The rivet in the center of the back is well rusted from being buried for 23 years.

I took him in the house and welcomed the little guy back into my collection

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I suppose you could give it an oil bath, Chris. :D

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks to the Doctor, I just discovered a fantastic brain exercise! Try it sometime... It's called happy numbers. Basically, you take a number, e.g. 25. You take the individual digits and square them: 2 and 5 become 4 and 25. Add those digits: 4+25 = 29. Keep doing that until you either go into a loop or end at 1. If you get to 1, you've got a happy number. For instance,
    8, 64, 36+16=52, 100+4=104, 1+0+16=17, 1+49=50, 25+0=25, 4+25=29, 4+81=85, 64+25=89, 64+81=145, 1+16+25=42, 16+4=20, 4+0=4... if you get to 4, you know it can't be a happy number because it goes into a loop. Just stop there.
    7, 49, 16+81=97, 81+49=130, 1+9+0=10, 1+0=1, happy number!
    Recreational mathmatics is so fun. :)

EDIT: Made a mistake on 7.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    http://10thboard.wordpress.com/2008/01/28/getting-it-together

Just thought I'd share. :D

19. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to say hi...I know I haven't been around much. I hope everyone is doing well! Classes started last week. It was a terrible week, with my canceled flight, delayed flight, T pass not working, registration screwed up, forms to turn in for graduation...pretty much anything that could go wrong, went wrong. This week is much better. :)

Sorry to see the February meet got canceled. Hopefully I'll get to see you all in March. :)

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but for those who have not Star Wars is coming back to the big screen! Well, kind of.

On Friday, August 15th the new animated series 'Clone Wars' will debut on the big screen before it begins it's weekly airing on television. All 30 episodes will debut on Cartoon Network with re-airings to follow on TNT.

An interesting detail is it looks like Fox will NOT be distributing the theatrical release, meaning there will be a big-screen SW production without the iconic 20th Century Fox musical introduction.

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Legendary Boston radio personality Jess Cain, whose voice woke up a generation of Bostonians and who also did the famous "Yaz Song" during the 1967 season, passed away yesterday at age 81 after a long battle with cancer. RIP :(

22. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi all...

Roseanna... I was talking about you yesterday! LOL

Just a quickie to let you all know that I am alive and kicking. Don't get on here as much during the day and have been having PC issues at home (but have the internet now).

Job's going really well!

I'm off to Monster Jam with the Apprentices tomorrow night at the DCU!

Gotta run and catch up on everything else... talk soon!

xoxo,
    -K.

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Good to know you're still alive & kicking, K! :D

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wifey and Wormie, you'll be glad to know I chipped in a bit toward your pay the last couple of months. [face_laugh] Had to hit the local Staples a couple of times in that stretch, buying a new color ink cartridge for my printer my first trip, and a USB thumb drive today. :)

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.