main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Random Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ryno, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    If anyone is interested on Sunday March 20th from 9-2:30 at the Holiday Inn , Dedham, MA.

There is an Antique & Collectible Toy Show.
    Admission is $3.50

I usually go and walk around and pick up a few things.

It is cool to see the antique stuff and I usually see alot of stuff from my youth vintage Star Wars, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, Shogun Warriors, G.I.Joe original dolls and 80's action figure line.

I am hoping and sure someone there will have some of the new ROTS figures there!!! [face_devil]

If someone is interested in meeting up let me know. :)

2. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Yea!!! [face_good_luck] Happy St.Patrick's Day [face_good_luck]

I haven't posted in afew days because my computer was and still is down and was unable to use the dial up on my desktop because there was a short or something in the phone line. :(

I did go to see The Dropkick Murphys last night at Avalon in Boston for there annual St. Patrick's Day week of shows. And they played "Tessie" !!!

It was a great time as always!!!

I was in the mosh pit most of the night.

Needless to say I am either getting older or I need to be in better shape to be in the mosh pit. :p

3. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!! It's good to hear that you had a good time at the concert, Chris! :)

4. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I gave up on mosh pits, can't keep up with the Kung-Fu the kids do these days.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I was in the mosh pit most of the night.

I just don't get it. What's fun about slamming into other people in a circle for three hours? Maybe it's just me but when I go to a concert, it's to enjoy the show, not get my head kicked in [face_beatup].

6. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Meesa back! :D

San Francisco kicked butt, but I'm glad to be back in Boston. Stupid jet lag.

7. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I hope you had a good time! :)

8. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Tony had some nice pictures from his trip that I saw. :)

Glad to have him back on the east coast.
    Has the jet lag got any better?

I am still having problems with my laptop computer and using my desktop with dial up!! [face_frustrated]

If I can't get the laptop working I will have lost alot of stuff. Back up your stuff!!!

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What's wrong with your laptop? Catch a virus or something?

10. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well when I turn on the computer it will display "Compaq" then the sceen goes black and you can see the blinking cursor.

And at that point all you can do is reboot or shut it off. :(

Any ideas?

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I know, how you feel, Chris, my laptops harddrive died last summer, it was miserable. Is the computer under warrenty or can you take it to a computer repair place.

12. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Can you boot into Safe Mode?

13. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Not even in safe mode.

I am looking into buying something new anyway but I would really want to get this one working again.

I can get one through Dell. Any recommendations on a affordable laptop or where to look for owner feedback?

I like to hear the consumer and tech peoples opinion on makes and models. :)

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I can't help you in terms of a Dell, since, I own a toshiba. It works pretty well. Good luck finding a new computer. :)

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Not even in safe mode.

I'm not a technician, but it sounds to me like your hard drive is toast. You can look for a program called "ERD Commander", that might help you get it to boot, or just bring it to a place that does data recovery.

I can get one through Dell. Any recommendations on a affordable laptop or where to look for owner feedback?

What are you going to use it for? Any specific requirements as far as weight/screen size/graphics abilities/etc? I've had two Gateway laptops and never had a problem with either one, although I remember mentioning them before and was chased off by a lynch-mob of unhappy customers [face_beatup]. I haven't seen a Dell laptop in action in a while but I've been converted to Dell for desktop PC's and they would probably give a good laptop product as well. The other notables are Compaq/HP portables, very popular and seem to hold their own, so I hear.

16. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I have a Compaq laptop and it's great.

I plug it into a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and external hard drive, so it's like a Frankenstein desktop, but I can still take it with me if I unplug everything.

17. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    External harddrives are great, they offer loads of extra space, I have a Western Digital external harddrive and so far I have had no problems. :)

18. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Happy Easter everyone!!!

May your basket be full of goodies!!

Especially the SW easter egg w/ stickers. :)

Going to see my friend's newborn daughter for the first time. She was born back on March 11th.

19. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Happy Easter, have fun with your friends baby!!!

20. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Happy Easter and congrats to your friend on the new baby. :)

21. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hope everyobe who celebrated had a safe and happy day today!

22. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I recieved my Hyperspace 'kit' [face_laugh] in the mail yesterday. I got a ripped Lego poster, an iron on that barely took, and some coupons. Oh well, its all good though.

I also read half of LOE today. The book is a real page turner.

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah I got my membership kit the other day too.

I kind of hoping it was my badges to CIII ...but I am hoping today they will come. :)

Enjoy LOE let us know when you finish it.

24. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear the membership kit was a letdown guys. Another reason why I left the "official" fan club and have no interest in returning.

Don't worry Chris, I haven't received my C3 pass yet either. Those folks at Gen Con sure are cutting it close to the wire with these things.

25. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I just finished LOE (about one minute ago). What a great book. I am even more excited to see RotS. Two days to read the book, a record for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.